What are the Best and Worst units in Conquest

FleetofFeet

The only person I can think of that wants spirit dusts over Odin is Ophelia, unless you use bad units like Leo or try to give them to units who don't need to use magic like Camilla or Niles.

N3KqpaX.jpg

In any event I'm not the greatest Fire Emblem player but I have to say this guy has been consistently awesome on Lunatic playthroughs.

Edited by noook

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, Dark Holy Elf said:

Needless to say it does not change my point.

Must I quote it again, and highlight it out in bold? To argue that it's difficult to get 4 spirit dusts in Nohr holds no water at all. You can easily get up to 6. 

And as others have said, who's the competition for that ridiculous amount of spirit dusts? We've just spent the past two pages-ish establishing how pretty much every other magical unit have not problems gaining magic. 

Edited by komasa

On 3/3/2017 at 3:36 AM, Extrasolar said:

Izana's pretty great. He's got high magic, decent speed, and decent enough defenses that he don't have to worry about him dying in a single hit to a physical unit if he's attacked. He's got a decently high skill growth, meaning he'll be critically-hitting fairly often. His growths in general are fairly high, and he averages roughly 4 to 5 stats increasing per level. He also offers utility as an Onmyoji with his ability to use staves.

He's much better than awful Nyx and mediocre Odin. Much, much better, though of course he lacks Leo's mobility.

Izana is GREAT, but comes really late in the game, when you already have an idea of how your main team should be like. 

Odin is my favourite unit, but, i did the terrible mistake of listening to people when they say he'd become a great Samurai. Well, he doesn't, at least in Conquest, when your battles are limited, it is way better to don't rely on the class. BUT, i heavily recommend at just one level as Samurai. Spending two Heart Seals with this, will give you Vantage, and the Vantage + Nosferatu combo, will make him a tank. I'd recommend to also get Kana ASAP, since you can use him/her as another Defense and Resistance tank, in order to have a good, defending team and having Corrin delivering damage without carrying the Beast Stone. 

Arthur is the worst character in the game. Not only his attitude is idiotic, but to me he is out of context and i think of him as an Hoshidan unit, not as s serious, Nohrian one.

2 hours ago, Mr.Vercetti said:

Izana is GREAT, but comes really late in the game, when you already have an idea of how your main team should be like.

Izana does join really late, but to me, it doesn't matter, as Nyx and Odin are awful choices for mages. The only real competition that Izana has is Leo as far as primary magic users go, and it's easy to use both of them.

@Mr.Vercetti I disagree as far as Leo being a bad unit. He's definitely not the most spectacular thing on the map, but he's far, far more usable and useful than Nyx or Odin. His mobility and Brynhildr alone give him an edge over both of them, as is the fact that he's an off-tank, and is pretty much unkillable when attacked by magic. He's decent and all.

But I wholeheartedly agree on Laslow. He was definitely one of my best Conquest units by endgame, and far outstripped Selena in usefulness.

Edited by Extrasolar

Leo's personal tome is arguably the worst tome in the game. He's not a bad unit though, 5th best tome user in CQ and his child chapter gives a nice berserker. Dark knight is super niche though.

Flora and Izana are top kek stavebots. That said Izana's main contribution to combat is staying out of combat.

Laslow has a strong personal and is the last early male.

Edited by joshcja

8 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Leo's personal tome is arguably the worst tome in the game. He's not a bad unit though, 5th best tome user in CQ and his child chapter gives a nice berserker.

Flora and Izana are top kek stavebots. That said Izana's main contribution to combat is staying out of combat.

Worst tome in the game? What makes you say that?

Disagree. Izana has much higher magic than Odin, has less paper defenses than Nyx, and has great overall growths and a great skill growth. He wrecks face as an attacker, and has added utility on top of his damage. But he doesn't have a horse like Leo.

Edited by Extrasolar

Spoiler
2 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Worst tome in the game? What makes you reach that conclusion?

Disagree. Izana has much higher magic than Odin, has less paper defenses than Nyx, and has great overall growths and a great skill growth. He wrecks face as an attacker, and has added utility on top of his damage. But he doesn't have a horse like Leo.

It's not named Nos, gate, pony, lightning, killer, or +2/3 steel. It also makes triggering vantage Rng dependant on mixed groups so its optimal to leave bryn in the convoy.

Rally magic and enffeble buff other mages to hit far harder than Izana and work on multiple units while his personal weakens all combat. Its strong on a stavebot though.

Horse is weak to BK spam, cannot nos, and is so weak that one dust Sorc!Odin competes with Leo's base mag. Magik knight has similar issued but flight, useful skills, and the god tier bolt axe make it a strong class.

Clicked spoiler by accident on phone. Most of the reply is in there.

For non-utility units join time is everything. You can bring 20-1 units into ch9 in nogrind child runs. Its pointless outside of the very niche (but enjoyable) child efficency runs. Leo has to compete with bolt axe magik Corn/elise/felecia and Vantage Sorc Odinphelia at his join. He does fair well for a freebie and can smoothly take over for stat screwed early mages while giving a very respectable freebie zerk if you failed to train one.

That said if you just want stat bulk on a mage Leo joins with Kugamura so good luck there.

Edited by joshcja

2 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Izana does join really late, but to me, it doesn't matter, as Nyx and Odin are awful choices for mages. The only real competition that Izana has is Leo as far as primary magic users go, and it's easy to use both of them.

@Mr.Vercetti I disagree as far as Leo being a bad unit. He's definitely not the most spectacular thing on the map, but he's far, far more usable and useful than Nyx or Odin. His mobility and Brynhildr alone give him an edge over both of them, as is the fact that he's an off-tank, and is pretty much unkillable when attacked by magic. He's decent and all.

But I wholeheartedly agree on Laslow. He was definitely one of my best Conquest units by endgame, and far outstripped Selena in usefulness.

Extrasolar, I didn't mention Leo at all. Good magic user, even if to me Ophelia and Forrest are far superior. Then, my use of Odin is totally unconventional as I don't use it as you should use Forrest, Izana or Nyx. Plus, coming back to Izana, he joins as Onymoji, great class and all, but skills... so at the same time, you maybe have a Nyx with Counter, all the mage abilities, you have Odin and Leo, and you spent time fighting for those. To me, since i played Conquest as No DLC - No Castle Abilities, dropping them for Izana is a pain. In Birthright great unit, you can grind him and you will have something back. On Conquest, better to drop him, especially if you rely on the fact that you don't have money for Eternal Seals to throw away so easily.

3 minutes ago, Mr.Vercetti said:

Extrasolar, I didn't mention Leo at all. Good magic user, even if to me Ophelia and Forrest are far superior. Then, my use of Odin is totally unconventional as I don't use it as you should use Forrest, Izana or Nyx. Plus, coming back to Izana, he joins as Onymoji, great class and all, but skills... so at the same time, you maybe have a Nyx with Counter, all the mage abilities, you have Odin and Leo, and you spent time fighting for those. To me, since i played Conquest as No DLC - No Castle Abilities, dropping them for Izana is a pain. In Birthright great unit, you can grind him and you will have something back. On Conquest, better to drop him, especially if you rely on the fact that you don't have money for Eternal Seals to throw away so easily.

Oh, crap! My mistake. I quoted the wrong person. My apologies. I meant to quote @noook.

I just find Nyx a pain to train up in general, seeing as she starts so weak, and dies if an enemy touches her once. She has to be majorly babied in order to get off the ground, and even then, only her magic is good. I definitely overlook her for Odin (whom I'm not crazy about, and think is just okay rather than any good), Izana and Leo.

Izana comes with the perk of being ready to use right off the bat, and you don't have to baby him the way you do Nyx and to an extent Odin. Though I can see how his personal could be a bit of a hindrance on higher difficulty levels.

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I just find Nyx a pain to train up in general, seeing as she starts so weak, and dies if an enemy touches her once. She has to be majorly babied in order to get off the ground, and even then, only her magic is good. I definitely overlook her for Odin (whom I'm not crazy about, and think is just okay rather than any good), Izana and Leo.

My main problem with Leo is that he is too damn slow and his speed growth is nothing short of atrocious, so his damage output straight up sucks in comparison to a trained Nyx, Elise or Ophelia.

I do agree that you need to baby Nyx a lot to get her there, but once she is, she'll wreck house if you keep her away from enemy attacks. Taking My Castle into account, getting the Horse Spirit works wonders for her, because it mitigates her greatest weakness.

Edited by DragonFlames

31 minutes ago, DragonFlames said:

My main problem with Leo is that he is too damn slow and his speed growth is nothing short of atrocious, so his damage output straight up sucks in comparison to a trained Nyx, Elise or Ophelia.

I do agree that you need to baby Nyx a lot to get her there, but once she is, she'll wreck house if you keep her away from enemy attacks. Taking My Castle into account, getting the Horse Spirit works wonders for her, because it mitigates her greatest weakness.

Leo's slow, but so are most units in Conquest. I always see Leo as more of a tank than a damage dealer, considering his great resistance, good defense, Lifetaker, and Brynhildr's effect having a chance to halve magic damage anyway. It's one of those things in which I think pure tanks aren't as appreciated as nukers, even when Fates arguably makes tankiness much more important than damage, especially by lategame, and especially with the nerfing of evasion and dodgetanking.

That's why I see so many people claiming Subaki is one of the worst units in the game; I disagree, because he's great as a tank on a team with the majority of squishy units, and his attack still tends to be decent. He won't be one-shotting things, but he's also a great frontline provided you keep him away from bows (and even then, he's one of the few fliers who can eat an arrow to the face and live with a relatively decent amount of HP).

I see Leo as much of the same. A tank, rather than a nuker. Fragile units are just a pain to use especially in Conquest in my experience, due to the map design with a lot of narrow corridors, and ninja waiting to destroy her near-instantly.

Edited by Extrasolar

imo Dark knight is just too balanced. Leo's not tanky enough that I'd feel safe to let him take more than one or two physical hits. Then when it comes to anti-magic units, there's always Niles and Kaze - they have Res on par with Leo, will always double, and exploit magical unit's low Def better than Leo can exploit enemy Res on EP. 

Making him a Sorcerer improves him a little, since his bulk isn't atrocious thanks to his DK bases, and the class sort of fixes his speed. But imo he only really got good post Lv 10 when his stats spread grew more into Sorc.

(All this talk about Odin really made me wish not to have gone Swordmaster and just held out as Dark Mage despite how mine decided he wanted to gain 5 strength points straight without any magic x'D;;)

1 hour ago, komasa said:

imo Dark knight is just too balanced. Leo's not tanky enough that I'd feel safe to let him take more than one or two physical hits. Then when it comes to anti-magic units, there's always Niles and Kaze - they have Res on par with Leo, will always double, and exploit magical unit's low Def better than Leo can exploit enemy Res on EP.

Really? Maybe it's just that your Leos are a bit squishier than average? Mine generally take 4 or so physical hits before they get in the danger zone of dying, and can recoup a lot of their losses with a Lifetaker proc on the return attacks. Though, yeah, Leo's physical bulk doesn't measure up to Xander, Effie, Keaton, or Benny's.

Niles is undoubtedly useful early on as one of the few Conquest bows, and his high speed is great, but his damage falls off into oblivion midgame and beyond against anything but mages, and he tends more often than not to get two-shot to death. At that point, his usefulness becomes mostly situational, as there's zero way Niles is going to be taking out berserkers and armor knights (who are more prevalent in the lategame, and especially in the final few chapters), while Leo shines in that area. Though Niles' healing is always relevant once he promotes to Adventurer.

Kaze is worse in this regard imo; while poison strike is always nice, and the debuff is good, Kazes on average tend to get evasion screwed when it comes to dodging a high-strength enemy's ranged attack, which is more than likely to kill him, and his pitiful strength doesn't help matters. He basically exists as a walking poison strike past the midgame in Conquest, for me at least.

Edited by Extrasolar

Lunatic hits hard yo. Base Leo taking 4 hits is not really a thing at the time lifetaker is available.

Niles is kinda the best unit in the game hands down even if you ignore his combat (respectable), his utility (huge), his daughter (incredible), and his movement (ohgodyes). Capture is just "that" strong in CQ.

Nile's damage falls off if unboosted thankfully this is conquest so unboosted damage isn't a thing.

Edited by joshcja

20 hours ago, komasa said:

Must I quote it again, and highlight it out in bold? To argue that it's difficult to get 4 spirit dusts in Nohr holds no water at all. You can easily get up to 6. 

And as others have said, who's the competition for that ridiculous amount of spirit dusts? We've just spent the past two pages-ish establishing how pretty much every other magical unit have not problems gaining magic. 

Not sure why you're being so passive-aggressive. I acknowledge that I was one off of the number of Spirit Dusts in Conquest, but that does not mean you can give one PC five stat boosters like it's no big deal.

To answer your second question: Corrin, Bolt Axe Camilla, Nyx, Leo, Flame Shuriken and/or Strategist Felicia, Ophelia (who apparently is the reason we are using Odin?), possibly Elise and Forrest? Is it so crazy that you'll want to give Spirit Dusts to at least one non-Odin person? Even if some of these people cap eventually they'd want them in the short term. Not using Odin (or benching him when we get Ophelia) = oh look more Spirit Dusts for whoever else wants them.

Do not give Camilla any Spirit Dusts. If you really want to use the Bolt Axe just reclass Elise. Seriously, it's better.

The other units you mentioned don't need the boost from Spirit Dusts (Elise, Corrin) or aren't good combat units even with the boost due to unrelated reasons (Nyx, Leo, Felicia). I've honestly never used Forrest so I can't comment on him but I don't see what he'd do differently from Odin or Ophelia.

9 hours ago, noook said:

Do not give Camilla any Spirit Dusts. If you really want to use the Bolt Axe just reclass Elise. Seriously, it's better.

The other units you mentioned don't need the boost from Spirit Dusts (Elise, Corrin) or aren't good combat units even with the boost due to unrelated reasons (Nyx, Leo, Felicia). I've honestly never used Forrest so I can't comment on him but I don't see what he'd do differently from Odin or Ophelia.

I must question if Bolt Axe Elise is really worth it considering that (1) having to work your way up to C axes SUCKS, (2) you're losing a healer (not to mention that if you did Paladin Jakob, you're out a healer already), and (3) you only have so many Heart Seals to go around before the level 3 shop.

5 hours ago, komasa said:

And for short term stat boosting there's always tonics and meals.

Tonics are fine (although they cost money), but meals are just too random for most of the game.

And Pairup, light forge, damage stack l, and rallies. In practice you can expect to stack +15 on any stat you like by midgame with extreme damage stack breaking the games soft cap of 108 (res) or 112 (phys).

The only time +2 to any stat matters is when that stat is very low or excessively high. See talisman +wing xander, skill book + robe Elise, icon + drop arthur etc. Spending 5+ boosters on a unit is pretty much common practice and dusts have very limited competition. In runs where Corin is not wyvern and is female the dust pool is Odin or Ophelia, end of list.

Wyvern Elise is a bird on Ch7 and not much else, past that with Str+2 tonics and meals holding a broze axe she orkos enemies up to ch10 because holy speed stat. She also hits C axes by Ch10 most of the time. All of this is at 85-90% hitrates. Shes stupidly good in casual play. Limited heart seals is a meme you get more seals than you will ever use by ch16 provided you actively abuse A+ supports. Elise can do this with Camilia but consumes 2 arms scrolls and a dracoshield as well as her robe + book invest so it's mostly useful for taking dark mage skills. Alterately general!Elise is hilarious in a few maps. Early wyvern also makes Elise bulky as sin I've stacked her over 40 def in Magik on several runs.

Limited funds are a joke given the insane cashflow of post Ch8 CQ.

Jakob is better off directly partner sealing on CH9 99% of the time while Corin prefers nhorble until after ch9 in everything but pure LTC.

LCQ is much easier without an early healer. Heal staves are a joke. You use staves for enfeeble entrap and unholy freeze spam.

For meals just gift yourself a chefs hat.

Edited by joshcja

2 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

I must question if Bolt Axe Elise is really worth it considering that (1) having to work your way up to C axes SUCKS, (2) you're losing a healer (not to mention that if you did Paladin Jakob, you're out a healer already), and (3) you only have so many Heart Seals to go around before the level 3 shop.

Tonics are fine (although they cost money), but meals are just too random for most of the game.

The solution to this is to never use Paladin Jakob, ever, because that's a bad idea when Silas already does everything Jakob could do but better, and when daggers are really useful in the earlygame.

Getting Elise to C axes can be troublesome, however doable relatively early on considering you get an Arms Scroll in Chapter 13. Heart Seals also aren't too much of an issue, the only units in the earlygame that I ever want to reclass besides Elise are Mozu (mandatory if you are using her) and Corrin (though +Mag variants of Corrin are perfectly serviceable as Nohr Lords).

I didn't want to make a new topic for this question because I thought it would be relevant to this topic.

When considering the free DLC, Which is Better, Ballistician or Witch? Who should get it (If anyone) along with the Boots, Paragon, and Exhalt's and Hero's Brand?

Balistician is broken early witch is broken late. They both work on just about any unit.

Paragon your waifu.

Boots what you always boots.

The brands are actively bad as final classes but GL's first and second skill are stupidly good.

Edited by joshcja

On 3/2/2017 at 3:26 PM, Anomalocaris said:
  • Xander is absurdly good, as was already outlined. He's going to be taking 0 damage from a lot of physical attackers even into the endgame. He has trouble with enemy magic users, but he can kill them easily if he gets the first hit.
  • Camilla's basically a goddess. She joins early and has absurdly good stats. Of course, as a flyer, she has to watch out for enemy bows.
  • Elise is a valuable healer early on, but her true power shines once she promotes to Strategist. All of a sudden she'll go from "weaponless healer who can survive a magic hit but is otherwise fragile" to "OHKOs everything with even a weak magic tome, and is completely immune to enemy mages."
  • Leo's probably the worst of the royal siblings, but being the worst of the best is still really good. He's got good bulk and hits pretty hard, and his personal tome is really good, but he's slow, so he won't double very often, and he's just weak enough to miss out on some important OHKOs.
  • Azura is invaluable, perhaps moreso than in the other routes.
  • Your servants Jakob and Felicia vary depending on which gender you choose. Playing as a female Corrin means you start with Jakob, who is really frikkin' good and will be dishing out damage just as well as he heals it. Playing as a male Corrin starts you with Felicia, who is... weak. That is, until you get a magic-based Shuriken, at which point she becomes about as good as Jakob. Whichever servant you DON'T start with joins too late to really be useful. Both are good at tanking magic hits, and are some of the few Shuriken users, which gives them a niche.
  • Mozu is your trainee unit. If you babysit her she becomes really powerful, but it's not always worth the investment in my experience. If you have the Route Bonuses, using a Dread Scroll on her early on can make her a monster, though.
  • Kaze is one of your few Shuriken users, so that alone makes him quite valuable, along with his Locktouch skill. If you decide to use Niles the latter won't mean much, but it never hurts to have two. His low Strength is gonna become pretty noticeable when he's dealing 1-2 damage to enemies later on, but the debuffs are invaluable.
  • Silas is pretty solid, but he's kinda inferior to Xander. There's nothing wrong with having TWO Paladins, of course.
  • Peri, on the other hand, is inferior to both Silas and Xander and is just plain mediocre. I'd recommend avoiding her, personally.
  • Laslow is a mercenary and therefore solid all-around. He prefers to promote to Hero.
  • Selena, on the other hand, prefers Bow Knight. They're both solid mercs, the most notable difference being that Selena joins earlier.
  • Beruka might seem inferior to Camilla, and the fact that they join in the same chapter really does her no favors, but if you stick with her she really grows out of her liege's shadow, unlike Peri. Her solid Defense makes her a good Wyvern Lord tank, and her high Skill leads to some good crits.
  • Odin is somewhat mediocre. His middling stats do him no favor. If you do decide to keep him, giving him the Excalibur tome you acquire in Chapter 26 makes him absurdly powerful for the endgame, but good luck GETTING him to Chapter 26.
  • Niles is really good. He's one of your few bow users, so that gives him a niche by default. He's also got the Capture skill if you want to mess with that (and there's one unit you should definitely consider capturing). He's also a good anti-mage unit thanks to his high Res. His biggest drawback is that he's got low Strength, but like Felicia the moment he acquires a magic weapon he becomes solid and never needs an upgrade. He prefers to promote to Adventurer.
  • Arthur is really useful early on, scoring critical hits and dishing out solid damage while tanking hits. Later on, though, he becomes an enemy crit magnet. If you decide to use him, once you get to lategame he'll probably want to fall back and be more of a support unit or even just a backpack for his wife, whoever that may be.
  • Effie is a goddess. Make her a General to maximize her tankiness.
  • Benny is stuck in Effie's shadow (at least in Conquest; in Revelation it's the other way around). He's got better defenses than her, but lower Strength. The real problem isn't that, though; it's that he joins much later than her.
  • Charlotte is weak when she joins; she won't deal much damage, she'll miss often, and she'll die to a stiff breeze. The moment she promotes to Berserker, though, throw all that shit out; she'll score critical hits left and right. She'll still be a little fragile and inaccurate, but she'll be killing so many things in one hit that it won't matter if she misses here and there.
  • Keaton is pretty good. He's a very defensive unit, but his Beastbane skill makes him a great anti-cavalry unit too.
  • Nyx is bad. Don't use her.
  • Shura is decent, but joins pretty late and by that point Niles is probably everything Shura could ever hope to be. Use him if you forsook Niles, but otherwise don't bother.
  • Flora also joins late, but has pretty solid stats. If you ditched Jakob or Felicia, she can make for a good lategame replacement for them.
  • Izana's a neat mage, but I never used him so I can't really offer a fair assessment.
  • Gunter is interesting. He's got the shittiest growths ever and joins late, but he has high enough starting stats that he won't NEED much level investment to remain useful into the endgame. He's very slow and tends to get doubled, but two times zero is still zero; he's got defenses rivalling Xander and the knights. He doesn't hit as hard as them, though, so his main utility will be using his high movement to get around the battlefield blocking fragile units from getting hit or using the Shelter command to rescue them.
  • Most of the children units are just mini-mes of their father. The only real ones that diverge are Leo's son Forrest, who is more like a second Elise than a second Leo, Kaze's daughter Midori, who is the unusual Apothecary class (not very good, but workable and gives you another bow user), and Arthur's son Percy, who is a Wyvern Rider and thus has to compete with Camilla and Beruka.
  • Anyway, those are all the NORMAL units, but there's one more guy who we can't discuss Conquest without mentioning; my snazzy avatar, Haitaka. The boss of Chapter 9, he can be Captured by Niles and made to join your army. He has no personal skill or supports, but his Rally Defense skill is immediately useful (especially if you can persuade him in time for Chapter 10), and he's a really interesting class. He also has astonishingly good growths for a capturable boss, so he can actually cut a swath through enemy forces once he gets some level-ups under his belt. He singlehandedly carried my last Conquest run and I highly recommend him, and not just for the memetic value; he's better than many of the normal units.

Like he said, use Hakitaka. He gets Lancefaire, has accsess to all dlc skills (Aether is great) and single handedly made Chapter 10 (Yes the infamous chapter 10) so much easier

I think Jakob can easily become the best character in the game if you have a female Avatar. (But probably not if you have a male Avatar, as he joins underleveled and with underwhelming stats.) He starts with decent stats and has 39 levels to grow. And he uses daggers/shuriken and staves/rods, probably two of the most important things to have on your team.

• 1 year later...

Towards the end of the game, I've played many RPG's and Fire Emblem games. Here's my stand out characters.

BEST:

#1. Selena
I've read forums that say shes not the best or even average. These ppl are dumb. Selena is the best Melee character. I used no type of stat boosters for her and she was still the best melee character arguably the best period.

Pros: Excellent hit rate, decent overall stats and growth, life sap ability.

Cons: Low movement, somewhat susceptible to magic.

#2 Effie
Effie is early game, and pretty much the best tank anyways.

Pros: Shes a tank, best lancer.

Cons: Probably worst move stat in the game, questionable hit rate at times, weak vs magic.

#3 Elise (Witch)
I understand making her a witch is a DLC but pretty much everyone can/does use it. Shes borderline OP as a mage.

Pros: Probably best evasion, warp, spawns stat boosting items.

Cons: Need DLC, shes a mage so low defense. She probably has the least amount of cons in the game tbh.

#4 Azura
Everyone knows singer/dancers are OP. She has pretty solid stats to match. Boost her and she'll be epic.

Pros: Can sing, decent fighter. Azura is pretty much a staple on any team. She can always do something useful every turn.

Cons: Not incredibly strong fighter, weak early game.

#5 Camilla
Camilla is strong as sh*t. Her being a rider is the reason she's so low but shes a solid character beginning and end game.

Pros: Strong in the beginning, best axe corrector, can fly.

Cons: Rider (susceptible to arrows), maybe too powerful early game.

#6 Jakob

For a healer, jakob is pretty solid. 

Pros: Decent overall abilities for a healer, can actually fight somewhat, (1-2) range. 

Cons: Hardly any, for a healer hes solid, he's not a tank, don't expect him to be. 

WORST: 

I had to find this out myself, by the end of the game I was like, these characters kinda suck:

#1 Mozu

Mozu may confuse you with her golden child class fire emblem weak early status. Don't be fooled shes just terrible. Even with stat and exp boosts shell never out melee Effie or Selena.

Pros: Shes probably the 2nd best looking character.

Cons: Shes a god awful fighter in every aspect.

#2 Niles

Niles sucks, I would recommend skipping him no matter how early you get him. His combination of weak defense/health and lack of true attacking skills is astounding.

Pros: You're not forced to play with him. Range character (1-2).

Cons: He's garbage in every aspect.