So I'm at the point in the story after Draug is defeated, so Class Change was just introduced. I'm pretty confused with how this works.

So as in Fire Emblem games, you use a master seal to become an advanced class, but then in order to re-class, you would use a Second Seal (as in Awakening), so do the Second Seals exist in this game?

The reason I ask is because in Awakening I liked to use the Master Seal to make them into the secondary advanced class first, and then they're primary advanced class (for example, making Sumia or Cordelia go become a Dark Flier 1st to get Galeforce, and then later reclass into Falcon Knight). So is this concept still relevant in Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Since this game seems to have a lot more grinding, it's seems like a difficult choice.

I thought I would make Itsuki a Great Lord, since that's what Chrom should be, but then after reading the description as Great Lord is described as a support unit, and conqueror is more of an attack unit, which I think Itsuki is better suited for, now I'm confused.

I'm assuming re-classing would open up new weapon options (since that's the way you get skills) depending on which class you pick, so I'd like to know what's the optimal choice here (with all characters).

When I get to the final boss, I like to have the best possible skills and be at the highest level I can be (or close to anyway), and say if I want to only have one playthrough, can I unlock everything in one go?

You use master seals to change class in TMS#FE even when you reclass, it really doesn't matter what class you change to first since once you change to that class you will have access to all weapons and skill for that class even if you change to another class.  

20 minutes ago, EricaofRenais said:

You use master seals to change class in TMS#FE even when you reclass, it really doesn't matter what class you change to first since once you change to that class you will have access to all weapons and skill for that class even if you change to another class.  

Oh it's that simple? So if I were to make Itsuki a Conqueror 1st, and then later reclass him to Great Lord I'll have access to everything?

43 minutes ago, Lyka said:

So I'm at the point in the story after Draug is defeated, so Class Change was just introduced. I'm pretty confused with how this works.

So as in Fire Emblem games, you use a master seal to become an advanced class, but then in order to re-class, you would use a Second Seal (as in Awakening), so do the Second Seals exist in this game?

The reason I ask is because in Awakening I liked to use the Master Seal to make them into the secondary advanced class first, and then they're primary advanced class (for example, making Sumia or Cordelia go become a Dark Flier 1st to get Galeforce, and then later reclass into Falcon Knight). So is this concept still relevant in Tokyo Mirage Sessions? Since this game seems to have a lot more grinding, it's seems like a difficult choice.

I thought I would make Itsuki a Great Lord, since that's what Chrom should be, but then after reading the description as Great Lord is described as a support unit, and conqueror is more of an attack unit, which I think Itsuki is better suited for, now I'm confused.

I'm assuming re-classing would open up new weapon options (since that's the way you get skills) depending on which class you pick, so I'd like to know what's the optimal choice here (with all characters).

When I get to the final boss, I like to have the best possible skills and be at the highest level I can be (or close to anyway), and say if I want to only have one playthrough, can I unlock everything in one go?

Master Seals in TMS#FE are Performa that enable the unit to change classes, and by class changing this includes both promotion and reclass.

When you class change you access the class's carnage weapons. For instance, if Itsuki goes Great Lord then he'll unlock Florete, Mystletainn, etc., even if in the future (in the same or a new game+ playthrough) you are Lord, Conqueror or Great Lord.

The game gives you around 15 or more Master Seals between chests, locked chests and sidequest rewards, enabling you to class change at least twice with each character, and probably a third change with one or two chars. I recall making Itsuki and Yashiro Great Lord and Hero, respectively, after the 2 class changes. My advice is, identify which class do you like more, personally I think the first option is the best for them, so at first choose the second option, and when you have more Master Seals, change for your preferred option. I think Itsuki is best suited as Great Lord because it enhances his lightning skills with the added magic and gives you access to Diarahan (fully restore a unit's HP) which is important when you don't have Tsubasa, Kiria or Mamori around (although you can still swap units). Both physical and magical Itsuki are viable and you can create a good pool of skills around it. Conqueror is more physical oriented and its difference is that it has access to more sword skills and physical passives, which Yashiro already covers, but no one else has lightning.

You can get all possible session, passive and command skills in a single playthrough, the only skills you'll be missing are the ultimate skills that are available on new game+ Lunatic iirc.

• 4 months later...

This is actually a big help for someone who just started this game.

So I do have a question. Is it more advisable to max out every weapon before you class change any character to a different class? I'm trying to understand the class system before I proceed onwards.

2 hours ago, DolphinSquared said:

This is actually a big help for someone who just started this game.

So I do have a question. Is it more advisable to max out every weapon before you class change any character to a different class? I'm trying to understand the class system before I proceed onwards.

That's really up to the player because once you access a new class you unlock all of its exclusive carnage. If you prefer Great Lord over Conqueror for Itsuki you can change to Conqueror and unlock all of its weapons and then jump to your preferred class and learn all of its skills.