Tellius Sequal Ideas? (Need advice for an rp)

Truthblade

Blade here again, once again needing some roleplay advice. I have been wanting to do a roleplay in a canon Fire Emblem setting on anothe site, and with its rich worldbuilding (at least compared to other games) i thought Tellius would be a good enviroment to play in.

But this is the question i have, as i need ideas for plot arcs: if you were to continue the Tellius saga about a century after RD, what kind of plots would you like to see.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

A century?!  That's a lot of time for things to change, so here's what I envision. . .

- Goldoa's population is slowly dying off.  Some dragons see this as the end of times, and cloister themselves away.  Others leave their country, whether to escape the feeling of impending doom, find a way to revive their people, or maybe to see what else the ever-changing world has to offer.  Regardless, encountering a dragon is EXTREMELY rare.

- Begnion's senate is corrupt as ever, with the apostle now an appointed position.  There are rumors of a free land of laguz in the desert, a sanctuary for those slaves who manage to escape.

- Daein has prospered, though they vigorously deny rumors that one of their queens has blood ties to one of Begnion's past apostles.  Their current ruler, a gifted mage, looks quite young for his apparent age, which many of the nobles find quite upsetting.

- Crimea has split in two - one part embraces their open relationship with the laguz, while the other violently rejects it.  Once again, civil war is on the horizon, and its current queen does not have the same fortitude that the legendary Queen Elincia had.

- Most of Gallia has come to accept the beorc, though one part is closed to non-laguz, on pain of death.  Lately, they have isolated themselves even further.  The king's shadow went to investigate, and hasn't returned. . .

- The bird tribes have stayed united since the days of King Tibarn, but there have been no new births in the past ten years.

- The Greil Mercenaries have slowly shifted their priorities, and will now take the job of the highest bidder, no matter what they represent.

How does that sound for a bunch of plot points?

1200 years? Wow, isn't that the same timeframe that Ashunera awoke with Lehran? You really could go any direction with that, considering we never get to see exactly how much Tellius changed...though Lehran says there's some sort of trouble on the horizon.

Funny enough, I actually wrote a fanfiction sequel to Radiant Dawn, which took place roughly 10 years after Ike randomly up and left for parts unknown. To say that things went from bad to worse would be an understatement.

Spoiler

Basically, an invading force from the other side of Tellius (past the desert, in the offscreen area we never see) came in and conquered Tellius proper. Ike overheard what had happened and come back to fight it, but by then it was too late, and they had conquered pretty much every corner of the continent.

Partially out of pressure from the invading force and partially out of greed, Naesala sold his wife Leanne for a gigantic sum of gold (enough to literally have a horde of gold filling his throne room), and had a tapestry woven of her to hang in his throne room. He's crazy enough that he continues talking to it like it's her. Kilvas went isolationist, with no ravens allowed to leave the island. They kind of just stand around paying lip service to their crazy king.

Tibarn was beaten by a younger, more powerful hawk and stripped of his title as king. He kind of fell into a depression. He's still alive, but the hawks basically turned savage underneath the new hawk's rule and eat any humans that stray into their waters. Janaff and Ulki try to snap him out of it, but to no real avail.

Caineghis went missing, with many presuming him dead. Skrimir was kind of catapuled into leadership far before he was ready, and thus, is stressed out and disorganized, with Ranulf desperately trying to run damage control.

Reyson was kidnapped by the conquering army to serve as essentially a slave keeping their armies energized.

Kurthnaga is a well-meaning, but slightly weak-willed king, who is threatened into subservience by the conquering force because they're currently holding his nephew, Rajaion (son of the original Rajaion) hostage, and if the dragons make any move against him, they promise that the child will be killed.

The wolves haven't been seen on Tellius proper in years; they retreated to the Hatari desert with Stefan, whose community of Branded is thriving due to the influx of refugees from main Tellius. Rafiel is with them, worried about his siblings. Naiah is mostly content with her people safe.

In a last ditch effort, Ike leads an army of willing rebels against the newly set-up capitol... He disappears alongside Boyd, Oscar, Geoffrey and Elincia before reaching the capitol itself, and is presumed dead. Then Ike from the past time travels to the Bad Future, and has to try to repair what's become of Tellius.

6 hours ago, eclipse said:

A century?!  That's a lot of time for things to change, so here's what I envision. . .

- Goldoa's population is slowly dying off.  Some dragons see this as the end of times, and cloister themselves away.  Others leave their country, whether to escape the feeling of impending doom, find a way to revive their people, or maybe to see what else the ever-changing world has to offer.  Regardless, encountering a dragon is EXTREMELY rare.

- Begnion's senate is corrupt as ever, with the apostle now an appointed position.  There are rumors of a free land of laguz in the desert, a sanctuary for those slaves who manage to escape.

- Daein has prospered, though they vigorously deny rumors that one of their queens has blood ties to one of Begnion's past apostles.  Their current ruler, a gifted mage, looks quite young for his apparent age, which many of the nobles find quite upsetting.

- Crimea has split in two - one part embraces their open relationship with the laguz, while the other violently rejects it.  Once again, civil war is on the horizon, and its current queen does not have the same fortitude that the legendary Queen Elincia had.

- Most of Gallia has come to accept the beorc, though one part is closed to non-laguz, on pain of death.  Lately, they have isolated themselves even further.  The king's shadow went to investigate, and hasn't returned. . .

- The bird tribes have stayed united since the days of King Tibarn, but there have been no new births in the past ten years.

- The Greil Mercenaries have slowly shifted their priorities, and will now take the job of the highest bidder, no matter what they represent.

How does that sound for a bunch of plot points?

Sounds good. Thanks.

I like the idea of exploring a new continent that Ike visited on his travels (despite that I hate his ending), so that's the concept my own fic began on. Though in a sense, it's not really a Tellius sequel since it doesn't take place in Tellius, but it would still take place some time after RD and in the same world, so... And maybe Ike can be found by some of his old friends later. Sure, his ending says he was never seen again, but it's bullcrap to a number of people. xP

I also like the idea of exploring adventures of the children that might've come from various Tellius characters. There are a couple pairings I really don't like at all, but still. And who says ALL of the actual spouses have to be revealed? A few might've unfortunately died or even left. Divorce is a thing, you know. It's realistic and you step on fewer people's toes here. You can never please everyone though...

Neither of these would be 100 years later, they'd be sooner, but...yeah. :P

Edited by Anacybele

I once tried to write my own post-RD story, which would have set things up for the war that Sephiran mentions in his scene. It wasn't very good, and I ended up discontinuing the story anyway. But basically it was set shortly after RD, and over the course of it, Ike would have learned of a cult that had hidden underground, formed before the formations of a lot of the countries of Tellius, aside from Begnion. He would have learned it was formed by a man who had a bit of a Messiah-complex, which later morphed into a full-on god complex, after being rejected by the leaders of Begnion, who saw his work as heretical and a violation of Ashera's laws (he, like many in history, sought immortality, but he would have actually found a way to make it possible). Anyway, he began to see himself as a god - matter of fact, he is so delusional, that he sees Ashera (or Ashunera as the case may be) as a pretender, and himself as the true god of Tellius. Anyway, I envisioned for this piece that, 1,200 years later, he awakens, due to a spell placed on him long ago by Sephiran himself (he would have been aware of their activities and would seal him away until Ashunera returns, as the source of his immortality can only be ended by her), and the cult's leader would begin waging his own war to destroy her and take her place.

It might be a bit hokey, and I never got far in my work before being shown just how poor a writer I really was. So all this backstory and expansion hasn't done me much good. But maybe it might mean something for someone else. :) Doubt it, but you never know.

Edited by TheFreelancerSeal

I'd actually suggest going back in time to the Mad King's rise to power. The old nobility dying off and those who don't conform to Ashnard's will being killed off as his power rises and those who oppose him are slowly singled out and slain.

If you want to go forwards in time, though, here's what I'd suggest.

- Goldoa is struggling with the increasing rise in feral dragons. Many of their young are being monsters and not even those from centuries before are immune. Though their sentience remains intact they're becoming obsessed with wealth and hoarding it away before violently killing off any who dare threaten their horde. Even the prince/king has fallen susceptible to this.

- Begnion is in the middle of revolution, but it's split between three factions. The apostle, against the wishes of the late Sanaki, desires to establish a theocracy in which the priests of Asheruna hold almost all the power and the current apostle is seen as, well, her apostle. The senate wishes to establish a 'republic' but it's a republic in which they hold ALL the power and cards leaving none for the priesthood or merchants. The third faction is a group of anarchists who see both the apostle and senate as deserving of death but hold no plans beyond 'everyone in power is corrupt! Kill them all!'

- Gallia has not taken to the wolf laguz well. They've discovered that they're incomparable and the offspring are feral monstrosities constantly half-shifted into wolf-form (i.e. werewolves). However, that aside, they're booming into a golden age as their kings have shown to be well above average, noble, and many of th populace have actually taken to their ideas. They're even starting to head down the scientific route and, while it's unlikely that they'll ever match the Beorc empires in the near future, they're the only nation that hasn't stagnated technologically.

- Crimea as a nation has been caught in a practical stasis, and for good reason. Elincia, though older, is still QUEEN! And a youthful one at that. The only problem is that her mind is seemingly completely deranged, switching allegiances on a whim, making random choices, and not even liberal applications of the newest discovery in scientific medicine, metal-water, has cured her. To make it worse there are rumors that she's taking in young virgins of all sexes and races and killing them to drink their blood believing it is restoring her youth. However, her years of military training, sacred relics, and the like have allowed her to stop multiple threats single-handedly making the fact that she's an increasingly demented ruler even worse.

- Daein has regressed into barbarianism. The royals and nobility are doing their absolute best to try and keep it in order, but a recent bout of famines along with the terror in Crimea and the revolution in Begnion have caused multiple fractures to start forming and the nobles are doing their darnedest to fix them. However, for even barbarian camp wiped out, two more pop up and their troops dwindle. Mercenaries get hired but the coffers are empty leading to many of the mercs who just killed bandits becoming bandits themselves. However, due to the efforts of Soren before his death, magic has been flourishing in Daein as multiple schools have popped up. Daein is becoming known as the magic capitol of the land and their mages are effectively the only thing keeping things together.

- Kilvas has distanced itself from the world entirely. While it retains official relationships they outright state that they 'want to wait till all this blows over'. All factions have tried to pressure them into taking a side, any side, but they've constantly refused. A shame too as their numbers would be enough to single-handedly resolve at least one nation's problems.

- The Greil Mercenaries have lost their direction. While still an 'elite mercenary company' their current soldiers are either sub-par morons resting on Greil and Ike's name while they chase skirts and booze, or frightening powerhouses who win battles single-handedly. The leadership is interested in becoming more than a company though and is starting to eye forming a nation. Supporting Elincia or those who oppose her might let them take the reigns of Crimea, but Daein is ripe for the taking, and supporting any faction in Begnion could turn the tide in their favor, and Goldoa's land are becoming increasingly sparsely populated after all. About the only thing keeping them from doing so are Ike's parting wishes and the wills of the now long dead Mist, Titania, and Mia who previously lead the company before leaving (to raise a family and aid those in need, death via archer, and retirement respectively). However, for at least three leaders now, the original mercs have been increasingly forgotten.

• 2 months later...
On 3/4/2017 at 1:53 AM, Blade_of_Light said:

Blade here again, once again needing some roleplay advice. I have been wanting to do a roleplay in a canon Fire Emblem setting on anothe site, and with its rich worldbuilding (at least compared to other games) i thought Tellius would be a good enviroment to play in.

But this is the question i have, as i need ideas for plot arcs: if you were to continue the Tellius saga about a century after RD, what kind of plots would you like to see.

...I've thought about this a lot don't know if you're still taking ideas for a story, but this is what I've got:

800 years have passed since the events of Radiant Dawn 

“He disappeared without a trace and went on a journey.” This is the end of Ike’s legend that has spread across the continent.

This is a LIE. Propaganda devised by those who know the truth, but wish to conceal it.

Ike was wed to a lady of Gallia. He took a cat laguz as his lover and they bore children—Ike was the first beorc ever to OPENLY take a laguz as his bride, without fear of discovery or reprisal, and to raise his children to be proud of both their beorc and laguz heritage.

In his day, no one dare speak against Ike himself. For he was The Radiant Hero. The God Slayer. The Breaker of Kings. The Strongest Man.

But old hatreds lingered, and old taboos would not be so easily broken. And there were many—beorc and laguz alike—who spoke in hushed whispers that what Sir Ike had done was disgusting. Sinful. A crime against nature and nature’s god.

…generations passed…

Ike’s bloodline bred without prejudice among all the races of Tellius. But Sir Ike himself was no longer alive to protect them, or warn the world that it was blind hatred between beorc and laguz had borught forth the WRATH of their goddess. Not love and comingling.

Slowly, the old powers began to reconstitute themselves. Those who clung to the old ways. Those sickened by a world where beorc could lay with laguz and their progeny could roam freely.

Within 200 years of Ike’s passing, a new Beorc Empire had risen to power from the unified Kingdoms of Daein and Crimea—a new dominant force on the continent. They rewrote history. They penned the tale that Ike had left never to be seen again after his Final Battle—erased from the history books all mentions of his wife and family and his teachings during that time.

Within 400 years, the Empire had turned to genocide against the hybrid children of beorc and laguz (in the days of Ike and the centuries since, Beorc/Laguz unions had become rather common).

800 years after Ike, “the branded” once again live in hiding, in fear of persecution. They are hunted as mutant-abominations and killed on sight. Among them are desendents of Ike who do not know they are desendents of Ike.

…this is a new generation of branded…

They have not lost their ability to formshift as a result of their hybrid lineage. They can use beorc magic and weapons and technology, AND they can tansform.

King Kurthnaga still reigns in Goldoa. He knows the truth, how history was distorted, and that Dark Days are gathering, where the world will  have need for the noble sons and daughters of Sir Ike to learn of their true lineage. And to reveal themselves to the world.

…For Ashunera…the goddess made whole by the unity of Beorc and Laguz under the Leadership of Ike and Kurthnage…again now, the hatred and division between her people has split her into two beings.

Yashune: a Goddess of Love, Unity, Mercy, and Compassion

R’ah: a Goddess of Hatred, Malice, Division, and Scorn Scorn

If the radiant power of love and unity that Ike brought to the world is extinguished, and the rising tides of War Between Beorc and Laguz allowed to take hold once more, Goddess R’ah will surely destroy the world.

You [the RPer] are a beorc-laguz hybrid in hiding; a decedent of Ike, ignorant of your great bloodline.

You have been summoned to appear before King Kurthnaga of Goldoa. You do not yet know why.

The time has come for you to learn who you are, and what you must do.