Fire Emblem: Radiance's Dusk (sign ups closed)

Truthblade

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Blade_of_Light said:

I think i an having a bit of an issue with RNG in general: HOW THE HECK IS THAT GOING TO WORK HERE?

If you're having trouble coming up with a system, may I suggest not having one and just using the stats as guidelines?

Before we start the rp, i have 2 questions for you guys

1 would you prefer to use stats, or just have them as guidlines, and how much RNG should we have?

2 Would you prefer to do all the arcs at once, or focus on one at a time?

I'm definitely interested in using stats for the purposes of combat.  

But while I think it'd make more sense to do the arcs one at a time, it depends on what the rest want.  Would it be more fun to do one at a time, or pull a Radiant Dawn and shift between stories mostly chronological order between "parts?"  I think both approaches could be fun

I would prefer using stats as guidelines, since you don't have a set system, it would be easier and we'd be able to start sooner.

All the arcs at a time in separate topics is what I'd do. But then again, it might cause a problem down the line, like...having to make sure all three arcs are finished before you start the final fourth one, could get confusing or drag out too long. You could forcefully close the first three once they reach a certain point I guess.

6 hours ago, Blade_of_Light said:

1 would you prefer to use stats, or just have them as guidlines, and how much RNG should we have?

1. For me it's equal

2. All at the same time, it could be complicated, but it would be a fun and original idea.

9 hours ago, Blade_of_Light said:

1 I'm fine with whichever you decide, if a system to come up with is too complex for now, just use 'm guideline wise.

2 All at once does seem like fun. and if you as the storyteller know some set pieces of the story which will make sure we'll be forced into "Endgame arc" status there shouldn't be a problem.

Arc 2 character concept is a go.  Also gonna add Appearance to Drift's entry a bit later today.

Name: Kora
Height: 5' 10"
Weight: 182 lbs.
Race (Beorc or Laguz): Laguz
Arc: 2
Role: Close friend of the Gallian Prince
Class (no third tier pre-promotes): Lion
Weapons (you may have a personal weapon): Fang
Level: 9 (subject to change since I'm unsure where we start)
Growths: 
HP-115%
Str- 60%
Mag- 20%
Skl- 50%
Spd- 60%
Lck- 30%
Def- 80%
Res- 55%

Total- 470%
Base Lion (FE9)- 530%
Geez FE9 Laguz have some pretty busted-looking growth totals.  I seem to have cut 80% and it still looks pretty insane compared to the average.  Though I could just be used to FE10 where growths are lower in most stats since a +1 in most of them may as well be a +2.  

Stats (highly subject to change): 
HP- 43
Str- 23
Mag- 3
Skl- 17
Spd- 18
Lck- 5
Def- 20
Res- 12
Mov- 9
Con- 32
Wt- 52

Stats increased via random.org generator
Base stats: 
HP- 34
Str- 18
Mag- 2
Skl- 15
Spd- 13
Lck- 4
Def- 13
Res- 7

Level Ups:
2- Str, Lck, Def
3- HP, Spd, Def, Res
4- 2HP, Skl, Spd, Def, Res
5- HP, Spd
6- HP, Str, Spd, Def, Res
7- 2HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Def, Res
8- HP, Str, Def, Res
9- HP, Str, Spd, Def
Total: HP+9, Str+5, Mag+1, Skl+2, Spd+5, Lck+1, Def+7, Res+5

Edit:  If I mathed right, 115% makes it an average +1 HP per 3 levels, so I just added one more per third level

Skills: Shove, Vantage

Appearance: In human form, wears dark clothing, often with a cloak, and has short dark brown hair.  Her eyes are small and a piercing yellow color.  In lioness form she retains yellow eyes and is mainly black in color.

Backstory: Kora has been at the Gallian Prince's side for years as a close friend.  In a bid to stay relevant in the Prince's life, Kora has trained herself for the chance to be his future bodyguard.  She makes herself look menacing, is quick to anger, and highly cautious of anything remotely threatening when around the Prince.  She has also harbors a minor crush for the Prince and will show it by catering to any order, trusting his word absolutely, and generally acting slightly flustered around him, but will deny she has feelings for him if questioned

Edited by Skri43
Lots of formatting

Nice, Skri! Female lion! Could she be descended from Giffca, possibly?

I headcanon that lions are the only laguz with obvious gender difference shifted, females have no manes. Just throwing that out there and wondering if you think the same way.

Just now, Dragoncat said:

Nice, Skri! Female lion! Could she be descended from Giffca, possibly?

I headcanon that lions are the only laguz with obvious gender difference shifted, females have no manes. Just throwing that out there and wondering if you think the same way.

Could be from the same family as Giffca, sure.  And yeah, as a Lioness she has no mane when shifted, so it may be hard to tell from a distance that this is a Lion laguz and not a Tiger.

13 minutes ago, Dragoncat said:

Haha! But I don't see the CS anywhere. I'll assume it's still in the works.

Yeah.

@OrangePerson

Not with their hands anyway.

Edited by Blade_of_Light

And just before I head to work today, here's my last character, the Arc 3 Laguz ally of the beorc mercenaries.

Name: Cima
Height: 5' 4"
Weight: 104 lbs.
Race (Beorc or Laguz): Laguz
Arc: 3
Role: Ally of Beorc mercenaries
Class (no third tier pre-promotes): Raven
Weapons (you may have a personal weapon): Beak
Level: 14 (subject to change)
Growths: 
HP- 120%
Str- 75%
Mag- 20%
Skl- 50%
Spd- 70%
Lck- 20%
Def- 30%
Res- 40%

Total- 425%
Base Raven (FE9)- 415%
Raven base growth looked kinda low compared to my other laguz, and Ravens in general were rather bad from what I hear, so I slightly buffed and shifted around bases and growths to be more in line with my other laguz.

Stats (highly subject to change): 
HP- 41
Str- 16
Mag- 9
Skl- 18
Spd- 21
Lck- 3
Def- 14
Res- 13
Mov- 8
Con- 19
Wt- 16

Stats increased via random.org generator
Base stats: 
HP- 24
Str- 8
Mag- 7
Skl- 11
Spd- 11
Lck- 1
Def- 10
Res- 9

Level Ups:
2- HP, Str, Spd, Def
3- HP, Skl, Spd
4- HP, Spd, Res
5- 2HP, Skl, Spd
6- 2HP, Str, Skl, Lck, Def, Res
7- HP, Mag, Spd
8- 2HP, Str, Skl, Def
9- HP, Str, Skl, Spd
10- 2HP, Str, Spd
11- HP, Str, Lck, Def
12- HP, Str, Spd, Def
13- HP, Str, Mag, Skl, Spd, Res
14- HP, Skl, Spd, Res
Total: HP+17, Str+8, Mag+2, Skl+7, Spd+10, Lck+2, Def+5, Res+4

Skills: Shove, Canto, Adept

Appearance: Middle-aged bordering on elderly woman, graying black hair, visible wrinkles on otherwise sharp facial features, blue eyes, wears light traveler's clothes everywhere, seemingly unaffected by all but the most extreme temperatures

Backstory:  A veteran of the conflict a century ago, Cima has been a part of efforts to improve laguz-beorc relations ever since it ended.  However, her following of world politics and a keen sense of intuition has recently led her to once again sharpening her old body and mind for the dangers of war.  An excellent tactician but a bit of a softie, Cima does the job as quick and painless as possible for both sides.

Edited by Skri43
Formatting, exchanged Vantage for Adept

nice Sheets :D

as for your lion(ess) growths, I think she might even do with an extra 15-25% in hp. seeing as Laguz normally level up hp on every level anyway and Lion's do tend to be quite tanky and strong.

like if you level up the skill every time up until max RD level you will end up at 72HP, which is 8 away from the max.
when Skrimir enters at lv 25 he has 66HP. your lioness would have 57 HP, which in my opinion is slightly too low for a lion :P

Do with it as you want seeing as they may be guidelines anyway, but I think you'd benefit from a little increase to potentially cap HP at max level and not never being able too ;)

Perhaps I'll up HP growth to 115%.  Not sure what to drop in exchange though

Edit:  On second thought I don't see why I would need to drop something.  She's still weaker than regular Lions and her offensive growths are on the low side for a Lion, so I don't think a boost to HP is gonna break her

Edited by Skri43