Is Tiki (A) worth it (3 star, soon to be 4)?

I got a 3 star one from a roll and she is one of my fave characters. Magic Damage and extremely high defense are appealing to me, but holy crap that SPEED. 5 Star Marth and Lucy mean insta death to her. Still, should I train her? She also seems to be Takumi's nightmare... 

Train her - sure
Use feathers - if you like her, why not?

Part of the beauty of Heroes is that you have some unit flexibility.  If you really like one unit, it's possible to build a team around them!

I have a 3* A!Tiki as well, and she's working out well for me. She's slow indeed, but that's not much of a hindrance due to how tanky she is, and how much damage she deals. Keep her as a wall on a team with squishier units, and she'll likely work out for you: I have her tanking for a 5* Klein, and a 4* Catria, and she'll definitely be one of the tanks I fall back on (the only real tanks I have are 3* Frederick, 4* Nowi and 4* Sheena, and that movement is just...a pain). And once I get her to 20 I plan promote her to 4*, as I prefer her to Nowi at the moment.

But yeah... Marth, Lucina and Julia spell pretty much instant death, but it's much of the same for all Manaketes in the game, and Y!Tiki is considered even more useful than her older counterpart and is common in the arena meta, and Nowi and F!Corrin are good as well.

Edited by Extrasolar

I pulled a 5*Tiki which has solved a lot of my headaches with Takumi in my main team (great def + counter <3), on the other hand, she does die easily from Red Lords with dragonkilling swords (also Julia, but she's -Res). OTOH she filled the gap nicely for me, since none of my 5* so far were particularly bulky nor even high offense (with Eirika has my strongest red one!) Depending on your current roster, she might not help you out that well; especially since you would have to spend a lot of feathers on her to get her to the top.

OTOH, spending feather to get a unit to 4* isn't that expensive that you can't do it for a particularly beloved character, and could have a lot of uses. So knock yourself out, why not?

Edited by salinea

Running calcs from my spreadsheet. Hopefully, I don't have any errors lying around.

Neutral Awakening Tiki cannot tank any A+ or higher mage particularly well to begin with. She survives Lilina, Sanaki, and Julia with 10 HP or less if they can't double attack and survives unboosted Nino, but [+Spd] Lilina, Sanaki, and Julia can double attack, and boosted Nino obliterates her (but not before taking 80% damage from the counterattack).

Against non-Falchion swords, she can tank a round easily (except Ryoma, who will reduce her to single-digit HP, and [+Spd] Eldigan, who double attacks). She attacks or counterattacks for 45-60% damage against neutral defense or 50-70% damage against [-HP] or [-Res].

It goes without saying that she is slaughtered by anyone with a Falchion. Neutral Lucina and Chrom both kill her in one hit. Neutral Marth kills in two hits, but [+Atk] Marth kills her in one.

Neutral Tiki can actually take a round of combat from a few blue units. [=Spd] Abel, [=Spd] Ephraim fail to double attack and cannot kill her in a single round (but their [+Spd] variants can double attack). Catria cannot kill her in a single round regardless, though you'll be left with single-digit HP.

Takumi cannot take Tiki down to single-digit HP, and Tiki can take the kill on the next turn. [=Atk] Klein cannot kill her in one round, and also dies on the next turn, but [+Atk] Klein will kill her.

Hector, Camilla, and Minerva can't do squat against her. Camilla can't even damage her with direct attacks.

I use TikiA and she's pretty effective. That speed for sure, but if things double her for low damage she's just getting to her nasty special skill faster. You absolutely, 100% want to use her on a team with at least one decent blue, though, because she absolutely loathes Falchion users. Blue mages are also something you'll need an answer to. But she's tanky and is great against many popular arena picks (Takumi, Hector, Camilla... anyone with an axe really) so she's quite workable. Mine is still 4* and plays a good role on my current team, and if I swap her out that will have more to do with her rating not being as high as my 5* folks than her combat.

I love Tiki A but she suffers from two problems.  Her speed is horrible as people noted.  But also her total stats are mediocre @ 168.  She's kind of weird right now because she has fun traits but to be so slow and eat doubles she should really have tank stats.  She basically is giving up 10 stats for moving two spots.  She would have fared better as a true tank with the extra stats and a one movespeed.

With this said she still poses a serious threat to all greens and slow reds.  Likewise when we get skill inherits she may end up quiet dangerous with an open Assist, and Open B giving almost certain access to Swap, Brash assault, and Axe Breaker.  And she may get access to Quick Riposte (Hectors double counter effect).  I could easily see myself giving up Subaki so Tiki could double tap anyone who dares first assault her.  Likewise this would mean her next turn will follow with her ultimate.

She's a good Takumi / Axe counter, but magic usually kills her, I find. I 5*'d mine off the bat as soon as I could, and she's pretty good, though it's hard for her to compete with the younger dragons lol. If she's one of your favorites like she is for me (or you're desperate for a counter to Takumi/Hector/Camilla/etc), I say go for it, otherwise there could be better choices.