Randomly tabbing out of text box when typing

SatsumaFSoysoy

I've occasionally been having this problem lately. When I type something in the reply box of a thread, I will randomly get tabbed out of the box, so I have to click in the box again to resume typing. This doesn't happen when typing up threads, but can range from once a day to every single time at the reply box.

This doesn't happen in any other forums or places where I can type text. I'm using Opera on Windows 10, if that helps.

Same here. For example, I'm having 0 problem with this text box, but when I was on a few other threads, it was happening very frequently.

It's nothing about the computer either, as both of the computers I use have been doing this.

i believe it's because of a certain ad that runs on this site. if this starts happening, try searching for an ad that you can x out of (for me, usually underneath the toolbar; it's an all-black "ad" with the option to close it), promptly x out of it, and see if it'll work for you. this is what I've been doing and it resolves the problem.

1 hour ago, rubunne said:

i believe it's because of a certain ad that runs on this site. if this starts happening, try searching for an ad that you can x out of (for me, usually underneath the toolbar; it's an all-black "ad" with the option to close it), promptly x out of it, and see if it'll work for you. this is what I've been doing and it resolves the problem.

@Jyosua

For the love of god, will you disable flash and tell me if it still happens? Also, telling me it's an ad doesn't help. I already figured that's what it was, which is I asked you to disable flash. If you see the ad, I also need to know the ad's URL and/or product.

@Jyosua Alright, I got the bug to happen again, and once I disabled Flash it stopped tabbing me out.

The ad had an "x" to close it like rubunne said. I right click -> Inspect Element 'd on it, and the console kept showing ERR_INSECURE_RESPONSE with this ad: https://vast.bp3846283.btrll.com/crossdomain.xml

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/21/2017 at 11:27 PM, Jyosua said:

Is this the ad you guys are talking about? 

Screen Shot 2017-03-21 at 11.25.01 PM.png

Yeah, it looks like that. It seems like sometimes the video will play normally though. Not sure if there are multiple video ads out there that look like that.

Yeah, if you disable flash, those ads won't do anything at all.

Anyhow, I blocked that string of ads, so hopefully the issue should be gone.