Can We Donate To Help Pay For The Server Costs

Captain Karnage

First off, I'm unsure if this is the right place, so place it in the right area if need be.

So I'm up for donating a couple of bucks a month to help pay for the server costs, so I was wondering if the admins could start a patreon or just have a paypal account where we can donate to help pay. I feel this could help the guy who's probably paying the extra cash to help keep this place online.

We've only ever accepted donations once, and that was to pay for a large server upgrade that we were in need of after we had an unexpected increase in activity due to Awakening's popularity. We raised all of it in under a day, and are very grateful to our community for it!

SF makes enough money (and then some) from our traffic to pay for all of our costs. If we were ever to start accepting donations, I imagine it would be to expand our presence at important official events (thus providing more personal content) and to start hosting more events ourselves for the FE community. I don't think that's necessarily a bad idea, but I do wonder if anyone would actually donate for that. We've never really talked about it, and have never entertained the idea of accepting donations before; if it isn't for the purpose of providing our users content that wouldn't otherwise be possible, then we'll almost certainly never do it.

Edited by Tangerine