Favorite minor bosses who only appear in one chapter

Heptade

Title says it all. I'm talking about bosses who don't appear in any chapter except the one in which they are fought, but are compelling and memorable enough to feel like real characters despite limited screentime.

So here are some of my faves:

From Blazing Sword, some great ones include
- Uhai, the first sympathetic, honorable Black Fang member to be encountered, with a Sacae background which added some depth.
- Jerme, for being deliciously disturbing.
- Denning, because this is a message from Lord Nergal: I await you on Dread Isle.
Special mention to Eagler, which was, for many North American fans, the first FE boss to be even remotely sympathetic, and thus making it clear that a conflict is rarely black and white.

From Sacred Stones:

- Aias for his sheer professionalism and his conversations with Caellach.

From Path of Radiance:

- Shiharam. You really get the impression he is around for longer than that, because of how often he is spoken about and his role in Jill's and Haar's backstories. When you meet him, you see that he's àctually a nice guy (how he makes sure Haar doesn't get killes), yet, as far as I know, he is the only FE boss you can make a party member betray you for good.
- Bertram (he is a borderline case, since he reappears in RD, but his is this in PoR) for the mystery and creepiness he exhudes.
Special mention to Homasa and Hafedd, honorable enough Daein officials, without being cheesy.

No examples for Radiant Dawn, not because there are no good antagonists, but because said good antagonists appear in more than one chapter.

From Awakening:

- Mustafa. Killing him was sadder than Emmeryn's death. That music during his chapter... Unlike most Camuses, he isn't about blind loyalty: he's only fighting because Gangrel has his wife and son as hostages. His talks with his men are just heartbreaking.

Haven't finished Fates yet, so I won't comment right now.

Batta the Best and Glass from FE7 are clearly the best

Okay, jokes aside, my answer has to be Nichol from Sophie's paralogue: he doesn't live as a Brigand because he likes it, but rather because It's his only way to continue to live his life. To this, also add that he truly wants to live, as much as his life may suck.

I kind of  wish that he was a fully playable character like the main cast.

Mustafa from Fire Emblem Awakening.

This guy. I mean seriously. This chapter, this fight... it felt so damn wrong. 

Also Kishuna I guess.

Glass

the idea of the gods fearing the word "glass" is funny

i wasn't joking but for a more serious one, that one guy in path of radiance who ike has a short conversation with

they both talk about how they were trained by their fathers and they can't lose

and then later, you meet the guy's father in a random village and he's pissed at you for killing his son

that was more memorable to me than pretty much any other boss in the series

Edited by unique

Glass was my go-to pick for this at first, but then I remembered Pain and Agony from Radiant Dawn, who weirdly stuck out in my mind for some reason. Maybe it's because I like that chapter and map in general, as it not only has a cool visual design, but a pretty neat setup. I also like their pseudo-grunge/biker designs and hairstyles (albeit with tiger laguz ears stuck on).

There's also the fact that they're named like "edgy hardcore dark 90s" villains, which I find extremely amusing. (And the fact that in the Japanese version, they're Death and Hell. Can't decide if censorship or not...)

Edited by Extrasolar

2 hours ago, NinjaMonkey said:

Gheb, because watching people torturing themselves playing GhebFE is something I find very entertaining!

Almost mentioned him and Glass and Batta in my OP for the memes they have spawned, yet feared their mention would give me a bad reputation on these boards. ;): :KnollRoll:

10 minutes ago, ManOfManyFaces said:

The DLC In Fire Emblem Awakening where you had to fight Morgan was sad, specially because Morgan is one of my favorite characters. It does add more story to there character.

Yeah, but Morgan appears in more than one chapter, doesn't s/he?

3 hours ago, Ycine said:

Mustafa from Fire Emblem Awakening.

This guy. I mean seriously. This chapter, this fight... it felt so damn wrong. 

Also Kishuna I guess.

Kishuna is indeed very interesting. But he actually appears in three chapters.

2 minutes ago, Heptade said:

Yeah, but Morgan appears in more than one chapter, doesn't s/he?

The male version appears in one chapter and the female version appears in the other. I don't see them as the same character thought since there personality are different. 

Just now, ManOfManyFaces said:

The male version appears in one chapter and the female version appears in the other. I don't see them as the same character thought since there personality are different. 

I haven't played through the DLC yet, so I didn't know the whole two versions thing. Sorry. My mistake.

Also, me including Uhai and Jerme would have been a mistake by my own standards if we were to count their appearance as Morphs in the last chapter. So, yeah...

Just now, Heptade said:

I haven't played through the DLC yet, so I didn't know the whole two versions thing. Sorry. My mistake.

Also, me including Uhai and Jerme would have been a mistake by my own standards if we were to count their appearance as Morphs in the last chapter. So, yeah...

those aren't actually them so it's not really another appearance

1 minute ago, unique said:

those aren't actually them so it's not really another appearance

I know, I was just making fun of the hypocrisy of me being so strict on arbitrary "rules" that I did not entirely follow.

14 minutes ago, Rezzy said:

Didn't we have this thread yesterday?  I'll have to go with Oliver, again.

My thread was favorite minor antagonists, who could appear in more than one chapter. But yeah...it is suspiciously similar to mine. :B):

Just now, Extrasolar said:

My thread was favorite minor antagonists, who could appear in more than one chapter. But yeah...it is suspiciously similar to mine. :B):

Ah, I didn't see the one chapter caveat.  I guess Oliver doesn't qualify, then. 

27 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I must admit it inspired me. I should have credited you. But I think that small nuance is enough so that the answers will be completely different. Minor villains can still have the usual screentime it takes to properly develop a character. But this topic is about characters who don't have that, yet still manage to be interesting enough.

2 hours ago, Heptade said:

I must admit it inspired me. I should have credited you. But I think that small nuance is enough so that the answers will be completely different. Minor villains can still have the usual screentime it takes to properly develop a character. But this topic is about characters who don't have that, yet still manage to be interesting enough.

It's all good. I couldn't resist a bit of cheekiness at your expense. Forgive me. :P:

I think the topics are different enough to exist side-by-side, since there's no way I'd say Pain and Agony in the other topic, but they're good here.

8 hours ago, Heptade said:

Kishuna is indeed very interesting. But he actually appears in three chapters.

Aw chuck, totally forgot that. My bad.