Why Is Leo Less Popular Than Ephraim?

rubunne

So I'm just curious;

Why is Ephraim getting more gauntlet votes?

What is wrong with our dear tomato boy??

(Is it the "you'll never guess which fruit i fancy... tomatoes"??)

(It is, isn't it...)

(I know he's a Freak but we love him anyway okay)

(also yes I know that Sacred Stones is generally much more popular than Fates, I'm asking more on a character level than a story/plot level)

(I thank you ahead of time for your consideration!)

Leo's got WTD, and Ephraim hits like a damn truck.  In other words, it's more logical to support the guy with the lance than the guy who's gonna get wrecked by one.

3 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Leo's got WTD, and Ephraim hits like a damn truck.  In other words, it's more logical to support the guy with the lance than the guy who's gonna get wrecked by one.

oh sweet so if everyone's using that logic, it's more of a gameplay thing than a personality thing?
i dont know why im so protective lmao
thanks for your time!

Keep in mind that Ephraim beat Leo in the choose your heroes popularity contest as well, so it's probably a personality thing as well. Nothing against Leo though, I think he's the best Nohrian royal, for whatever that's worth.

Just now, Korath88 said:

Keep in mind that Ephraim beat Leo in the choose your heroes popularity contest as well, so it's probably a personality thing as well. Nothing against Leo though, I think he's the best Nohrian royal, for whatever that's worth.

oh jeeze I completely forgot about that? that's completely fine with me though haha I'm not Offended about this in the slightest, I'm just more wondering what key differences make Ephraim more likeable, since when I played Sacred Stones (I believe that's the game he and Eirika are from) I didn't get far enough to explore his character. Im pretty much in the dark about most of the characters before Awakening and Fates, so I'm just Unsure what reasons people could have for choosing said characters over the ones I personally know and love. Hopefully I'll be immersing myself in all the older FE games next week, though, so I'll probably figure out why everyone loves the characters they love.
also he is, quite obviously, my favorite Nohrian royal hehe, but I find myself falling for Camilla if I separate her from her over sexualization 
Thanks for your feedback! and sorry for the rant ^^;; 

Play through Ephraim's route on Sacred Stones.  It'll shed some light on his character.  It's also the harder of the two routes, gameplay-wise.

He's an interesting contrast to Leo, and if those two were in a proper game together, I think it would be hilarious.

2 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Play through Ephraim's route on Sacred Stones.  It'll shed some light on his character.  It's also the harder of the two routes, gameplay-wise.

He's an interesting contrast to Leo, and if those two were in a proper game together, I think it would be hilarious.

It's pretty funny since when you think about it, Ephraim and Leo are basically polar opposites of each other.  Leo is calculating, Ephraim is gung-ho.

6 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Im really excited to play Sacred Stones now? I mean I already was, since I liked what I started of it, but now I'm just excited to contrast Ephraim and Leo and whomever else I see fit. Almost forgot that I can go all Literary Analyst on this kind of stuff, ohohoho

13 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Speaking of that, there's actually a fanfic about it here: http://archiveofourown.org/works/6851155

25 minutes ago, DgtlRenegade said:

I actually think Leo and Ephraim are very similar.  Both would be arrogant, if they weren't as good as they say.

Leo is arrogant because he's young, Ephraim is arrogant because it's his personality.

14 hours ago, rubunne said:

Im really excited to play Sacred Stones now?

Good!

Sacred Stones is my favorite Fire Emblem game.

The characters are just pretty relatable and feel generally real imo

I adore both. It's annoying to me that two of my favourites are against each other from the offset. I went with Leo since I have him as a unit, in the hopes that Ephraim will finally get lonely enough to drop for me xD 

I really don't want Lucina to win this, so once Leo inevitably loses, I'll poor everything into Ephraim, although I don't expect it to be enough -.-

I like both as well, but I'm supporting Ephraim.

Gameplay-wise, Ephraim has a higher Speed (and probably Skill, which means more crit, and that base Lord crit animation on Ephraim is epic). Even though Leo had some good quotes, (I personally like "You should've surrendered!"), he could almost never double anything in my Conquest run.

16 hours ago, rubunne said:

(also yes I know that Sacred Stones is generally much more popular than Fates, I'm asking more on a character level than a story/plot level)

it's definitely not

although anyway it probably has something to do with the fact that he's one of the two main characters of his game whereas leo is one of the 3 supporting characters in his game (plus there's the factor of birthright and conquest being separate games)

4 hours ago, Shiro said:

i am personally team leo :3

4 hours ago, Michelaar said:

Me too, even though we're losing horribly

Me, too.

I don't really care if we win.  The Focus gave me a chance to finally bring my boy home.

30 minutes ago, IMCasual said:

It just Lucina stealing all the supports from the 3DS era characters. Had Lucina not been included, I am sure that more fan will rallied behind Leo. Lucina is just that popular for the modern fanbase.

To be fair, Leo also lost to Ephraim in Choose your legends.