1 hour ago, Sarracenia said:

Is this the best Ephraim's army can do?

Yes. Quite underwhelming ain't it?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

Wow, this is just unfair... I knew Lucina would win, but did anyone think it would be this lopsided?

I expected a landslide, but I got an avalanche instead.

Nevertheless, we had been through the funnest part of the Gauntlet. Just let Lucina beat poor Ephraim, who is already exhausted his all against Chrom.

Lucina OTOH, never break a sweat.

I find Lucina to be a pretty "meh" character. I was with her from the start 'cause I watched a fire emblem youtuber speculate she'd be the most likely to win.

Shame? What is this shame you speak off? I seem to be lacking in it.

2 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Lucina definitely cheats :v

How the heck did she get a head-start of 100 points before the battle even begun!

Yeah, this too. Also, I just don't see how she got over 10 billion points when she didn't reach that before, even if some supporters of teams that lost joined her.

Edited by Anacybele

1 minute ago, pianime94 said:

Lucina definitely cheats :v

How the heck did she get a head-start of 100 points before the battle even begun!

Some sort of server issues? I don't know. Either way, Lucina has been steamrolling the competition, so I'm not sure whether blaming it on cheating would make much of a difference. There's some credibility in her victories, as she's one of the most popular FE characters... for some reason.

Also, I think people were speculating about cheating in the Chrom and Ephraim fight, not the Lucina ones.

Just now, Anacybele said:

Yeah, this too. Also, I just don't see how she got over 10 billion points when she didn't reach that before, even if some supporters of teams that lost joined her.

The 100 points might have been somebody being fast enough to sneak a win at the same moment as the timer started ticking.

Lucina's supporters didn't need to spend as much flags as did the others, so they were free to dump them now.

2 minutes ago, Anacybele said:

What Vaximillian said. It's to my understanding that the Ephraim supporters burned out a lot of their flags in the Chrom fight, whereas it would make sense that there would be a lot saved up for the Lucina supporters, as they never really needed to expend that many to secure victories. Also, it would make sense that people would jump on the Lucina bandwagon just to secure some rewards for her victory, so that would boost her score even more.

I have no regrets with choosing Team Ephraim.

Also, now that I've used my flags, I finally got a decent rank in both team and overall. I imagine it's waaay harder to rank in Team Lucina.

Anyway, hopefully my rank doesn't slip too much, considering I have no flags left. But I doubt anyone else has any at this stage XD

59 minutes ago, Frenzify said:

It's to my understanding that the Ephraim supporters burned out a lot of their flags in the Chrom fight.

Mostly because we knew it was impossible to win against her. I still have flags leftover but there really is no way. Not to mention, as I've said before, pretty much no one from tram eirika joined us and everyone from chrom joined Lucina. 

On 3/12/2017 at 11:08 PM, Arcanite said:

Mostly because we knew it was impossible to win against her. I still have flags leftover but there really is no way. Not to mention, as I've said before, pretty much no one from tram eirika joined us and everyone from chrom joined Lucina. 

We may have lost the finals, but we won the hearts of the community. I mean, look at all the fanart that the last fight created. And not all of team Chrom and Eirika jumped on the bandwagon. I've seen many people on this forum and others join us, despite knowing fully well that they would lose, just out of respect for the last fight.

Edited by Korath88

I was gonna burn my flags for the Chrom battle, but I fell asleep XD

If Ephraim lost, I would've joined Team Chrom and used my flags then, regardless of outcome.

While I'm here, I'm still surprised the Heroes team haven't added any more milestones. They don't have to give us more than 20 orbs (since that was already very generous), but they could give us something at least, like feathers etc. Or maybe they're waiting to surprise us at the very end?

Yeah, I don't mind losing to Lucina in the last round, I used up all my flags against Chrom though so I can only chip in with 110 points at a time, won't even get ranked in this match.

From a feather perspective, I think it would have been best for team Chrom/Eirika to join Team Ephraim for the last round. The Original Team Ephraim was out of feathers so getting ranked should be really easy while Team Lucina probably had most of theirs left and getting ranked there would be hell. Since there is double the reward for the last round, ranking better should give more than just 500 win feathers. I mean, last I checked only like 20 people had all flags left on Team Ephraim.

I mean, not that more people joining Ephraim would have made a difference to the result of the match. I really don't think Lucina cheated at all, I think she's just popular and that is fair. I mean, I'm not sure how fair it is to add her to a gauntlet without any other heavy hitters, but that is on IntSys and not on any of the players.

6 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

I hope they are! Suspense is real (or not).

Well Nintendo is full of surprises. If we didn't data mine and whatnot we would not know a lot of things. Also there was that 1.5 xp event 

The real prize is a common one (orbs and stuff) so I don't really get all the raging nonsense on Reddit, but maybe I'm too old. That said I supported Eirika first and Ephraim later, as even as a F2P summoner I consider 500 extra feathers a paltry sum. Plus I had to stand with my first FE lords.

I'd like a voting gauntlet with somehow obscure characters or antagonists someday.

Edited by Orson

If nothing else, it's pretty insightful to learn that the victory rewards aren't necessarily worth not ranking high. I may need to rethink my shameless glory hunting ways next gauntlet.

22 minutes ago, Orson said:

The real prize is a common one (orbs and stuff) so I don't really get all the raging nonsense on Reddit, but maybe I'm too old. That said I supported Eirika first and Ephraim later, as even as a F2P summoner I consider 500 extra feathers a paltry sum. Plus I had to stand with my first FE lords.

I'd like a voting gauntlet with somehow obscure characters or antagonists someday.

There's not much raging on Reddit right now though. Most of the teams are quite chill now that their fights are over. Ironically, it's a small minority of people on team Lucina who are being the saltiest right now due to some fanart (lightheartedly) depicting Lucina as the "villain" of the gauntlet.

Gamefaqs is currently a salt mine though, but when is gamefaqs not salty?

Edited by Korath88

After Lucina alone amassed 10 billions, Nintendo still didn't raise the stakes. .. Even they are scared of Lucina's army.

@Korath88 Yes, I can definitely see who being salty.

Edited by IMCasual

While Ephraim vs. Chrom may have been more interesting, if I'm actually competing, winning by a comfortable margin reduces stress. Also, it shows that the vocal haters are really just spinning their wheels against the might of the Lucina fans.