Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

When and if Ike and Lucina go toe to toe in the gauntlet.

If those 2 go together I wouldn't know what to do. I use marth in smash so I guess that means I'm good with Lucina. But when I play customs with my brother, I have this nasty Ike custom with high speed and attack. I called it "The Furious Destroyer" because, as anyone who plays smash knows, slow people with customs is broken. I'll probably go Ike even though Lucina would probably win, again . . . . .

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

If those 2 go together I wouldn't know what to do. I use marth in smash so I guess that means I'm good with Lucina. But when I play customs with my brother, I have this nasty Ike custom with high speed and attack. I called it "The Furious Destroyer" because, as anyone who plays smash knows, slow people with customs is broken. I'll probably go Ike even though Lucina would probably win, again . . . . .

It really depends on if it is split up by gender again, in which case, Ike would devastate if Lyn and Lucina have to duke it out until they destroy each other.

Now I kind of do want to see Ike and Lyn in a gauntlet against Lucina, just to see if Lucina's massive fanbase will pull through for her again.

If she won in a landslide again, though, I'd probably flip a few tables.

But I hope they make a few revisions to the next gauntlet lol. Like Luxian said, I don't feel like I'm helping much with just 110 points every 30 minutes during my waking hours. Then again, I wonder how long before they do another one after this gauntlet is over... I don't know if I could handle the struggle of once again checking every hour to see if we're losing or not like in Chrom vs Ephraim lol.

1 hour ago, eclipse said:

Me, because I well and truly do not care who wins.

Disappointed not over the winner, but the relative lack of competition. The developers knew Lucina would dominate yet they included her anyway.

Edited by Directive Mayhem

I just hope Lucina is in very very very few gauntlets. Because she'd win probably almost every single one she's in and that's stupid and boring imo. Do we want to see the same character win all the time? Or do those who hate Lucina, like me, want to see a character they don't like win every time?

1 minute ago, Anacybele said:

I just hope Lucina is in very very very few gauntlets. Because she'd win probably almost every single one she's in and that's stupid and boring imo. Do we want to see the same character win all the time? Or do those who hate Lucina, like me, want to see a character they don't like win every time?

So long as you agree that Ike shouldn't be in very many either.

I think they should only have obscure characters in the gaunlet for the time being until they add in Ike. Or just have the first 8 focus characters (Marth, Tiki, Lucina, Robin, Lyn, Roy, Takumi, and Camilla) square off against each other if they really want to.

Just now, Arthur97 said:

He probably shouldn't, no, as long as he doesn't repeatedly win either. Also, I'd like it if you didn't quote every single post I make in here...

27 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't think Ike is gonna be an issue. After the massive Lucina support, they're probably gonna make sure everyone is balanced out or something instead of putting a bunch of popular characters and then have Alfonse and Elise in a corner saying "what".

Also does anyone know if we get our orbs when the gauntlet finishes or when the game refreshes?

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

I don't think Ike is gonna be an issue. After the massive Lucina support, they're probably gonna make sure everyone is balanced out or something instead of putting a bunch of popular characters and then have Alfonse and Elise in a corner saying "what".

Also does anyone know if we get our orbs when the gauntlet finishes or when the game refreshes?

The orbs should arrive at the standard update time, along with this week's new characters. I might be wrong though.

1 minute ago, Korath88 said:

The orbs should arrive at the standard update time, along with this week's new characters. I might be wrong though.

I don't think the new characters are coming until Tuesday, but I could be wrong.

3 minutes ago, Arthur97 said:

I don't think the new characters are coming until Tuesday, but I could be wrong.

No you're right. Only the prince and princess focuses end tomorrow.

1 hour ago, Directive Mayhem said:

Disappointed not over the winner, but the relative lack of competition. The developers knew Lucina would dominate yet they included her anyway.

All I care about are feathers/orbs, since those will help me to get through the game.

Less than five minutes left! Lucina's at 13.17 billion, Ephraim at 3.26 billion.

Also I'm somehow total rank 1,477, even though I've spent all my flags back in round 1. Was definitely worth it.

As soon as the feathers arrive, I'm promoting Anna and Alfonse to 4⋆ because why not.

Edited by Vaximillian

Honestly I will find it hard for anyone to replicate Lucina's domination in this gauntlet. A lead of 10 billions against Ephraim, heck even a inexhausted Ephraim with all his scores total together still short of Lucina in this round. I really hope the CyL poll doesn't betray my expectations of Lyn and Ike. The more I think about it, the more it excite me when the inevitable face to face with Ike and Lyn come. 

Alright! Scored 3100 feathers after the final round!

-500 for Team Lucina victory

-1000 for score within army rank (unranked for me since I dumped all my all of my quest flags on Sharena in round 1)

-2600 for cumulative score (ranked 2693rd place)

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Arthur97 said:

Total rank: 1,275

Rank in army: 2,753

...my total rank was higher than the army rank. Is that normal?

Yes, it's normal. Your army rank is only for this round, your total rank is, well, a total of all points you've earned through all three rounds.

Was unranked in both at the end, I assume this is partly because I didn't add any friends until during the gauntlet. Even then, I only had four.

Total rank was #1,923 which isn't terrible I guess since I ran out of flags early.

I'm just glad to see that that one-sided competition is finally over lol.

I would say GG Team Lucina but, I mean, we all pretty much expected her to win as soon as we saw she was in the gauntlet so... yeah... gg anyways?