Voting Gauntlet Discussion Thread

Vaximillian

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Team Ephraim: 257,227,145

Team Leo: 180,479,828

Wondering if I should be spending or saving my flags. Using flags later would be advantageous in later matchups, but Ephraim is leading Leo by a smaller margin than any of the other round 1 matchups so I'm a bit paranoid

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Wondering if I should be spending or saving my flags. Using flags later would be advantageous in later matchups, but Ephraim is leading Leo by a smaller margin than any of the other round 1 matchups so I'm a bit paranoid

Save them, our hardest battle will be against the Luciniacs

Anyone know whats the score on the Sharena Vs. Lucina match? That's the one I've been most curious about.

My first match today was against three Takumis... what luck. Needless to say, it was autoloss. I'm running a Nowi as kind of a Taku-counter on team Eph now. Is the rate of Takumis ridiculously high on your end too? 

16 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Yeah, hoard all the flags for the later matches. The finals are going to be tough for sure... 

3 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

Anyone know whats the score on the Sharena Vs. Lucina match? That's the one I've been most curious about.

Whom am I maintaining the OP with up-to-date scores for? :(

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Whom am I maintaining the OP with up-to-date scores for? :(

Oops, sorry man. And thanks for that, really.
I came directly to this discussions last page through the main forum hot-link. I thought this was one of the older Gauntlet discussions, didn't even see it was a new topic. My bad.

2 minutes ago, Quintessence said:

Holy shit Lucina almost hits the billion. I'm supporting Chrom and it is currently on 170K ~

Dunno if leave Chrom as my main unit or Klein :D

You have to fight Ephraim so I'd leave Klein

Anyone else find the brackets for the tournament to be kind of disappointing?  Pitting characters that were previously focus with those that haven't been... Putting a focus #2 popularity poll character against a newbie...  Had Chrom been a focus before, I think it would have been highly likely to have had a final round of Awakening vs Awakening.  I think it would have made more sense to have two same game reps in round one like Eirika vs Ephraim and Ryoma vs Elise and Caeda vs Minerva and Seliph vs Julia.  Or they could have gone the route of similar type like Azura vs Olivia and Narcian vs Camilla. Or... well... Seeing as this gauntlet is here to stay, they probably will do these sorts of match ups in the future, huh.  Just this time match up seemed a little lame.  At least add Lyn and wait until Ike comes before you release a shark like Lucina into a goldfish aquarium lol

After lots of agonizing, I ended up joining up with Team Ephraim. I don't have an Eph myself, but it's been a lot of fun participating. I really didn't think he would do as well against Leo as he is, honestly! Hoping we can push all the way to the finals and give Lucina a run for her money.

On 3/7/2017 at 11:52 AM, Thor Odinson said:

encountered this setup, which I find pretty funny.

Reveal hidden contents

Screenshot_20170307-114812.png

Robin swept, so if anyone wants to friend me they can.

Edited by Arcanite

9 minutes ago, cogawak said:

Putting a focus #2 popularity poll character against a newbie...

That newbie has more points than anyone other than Lucina, though.

Far as I care, first round scores are going to be the most meaningful. It's likely going to be a Lucina curbstomp from the second round on.

Edited by Ice Dragon

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but...

When doing the Voting Gauntlet, the character led for the offensive is the current leader rather than your Arena one. I discovered this when rushing to go into the Gauntlet and sent in my Level 13 Erika instead of my 40 Ryoma.

It was interesting to say the least. All of the enemy characters scaled to Erika as well as the random ally. However, our friendly neighbor Linde was Level 40. You can imagine what happened after that. What surprised me was the number of points I obtained, 50. I got near that amount fielding my main Level 40 team... Edit: All right, I may have misremembered. I just played a battle with 40 Ryoma and got 100 pts.

TLDR: Defense teams will always use the "Arena Lead," or the "Top Home Character" for purposes of being pulled into the Gauntlet. Offensive Teams will use the leader of whatever team is selected before battle.

Edited by Sire

7 minutes ago, tailfin said:

They should have made the final target 10 billion points. Team Lucina will hit 1 billion in a matter of hours. 0_o

E̶w̶,̶ ̶a̶ ̶L̶u̶c̶i̶n̶a̶ ̶s̶u̶p̶p̶o̶r̶t̶e̶r̶

Yeah the people who support her are going ham

2 minutes ago, Sire said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned anywhere, but...

When doing the Voting Gauntlet, the character led for the offensive is the current leader rather than your Arena one. I discovered this when rushing to go into the Gauntlet and sent in my Level 13 Erika instead of my 40 Ryoma.

It was interesting to say the least. All of the enemy characters scaled to Erika as well as the random ally. However, our friendly neighbor Linde was Level 40. You can imagine what happened after that. What surprised me was the number of points I obtained, 50. I got near that amount fielding my main Level 40 team...

TLDR: Defense teams will always use the "Arena Lead," or the "Top Home Character" for purposes of being pulled into the Gauntlet. Offensive Teams will use the leader of whatever team is selected before battle.

Unlike Arena, BST isn't taken into account for scoring so you'd get the same number of points regardless of what team you use provided you win. From what I've seen, 110 is the max number of points, with points increasing based on how large your friend list is up to 100, and you get an extra 10 points from using the bonus character you're supporting. With flag multipliers, the max you can possibly get per battle is 11000 points.