[Solved] I need some help with animation insertion.

TrueNanaya

I want to insert several animations in all the GBA games but keep running into a problem. I've followed the steps in the animation thread for insertion, but I can't get the game to run afterward or worse. the game crashes when any battle takes place. Here are the steps I took: Open FE Editor Render Edition, go to Class Manager and up the max index by the number of animations I intend to put in, proceed to put in said animations then add the correct information in hex for the classes. If I try to replace existing animations it either freezes up or says something along the lines of using too many editors at once. The animations I'm trying to add/replace are as follows:

FE Binding Blade:

Thief, Thief F, Pegasus Knight, Falcon Knight, Yetizerker,  Lalum w/ Staff, Elphin w/ Magic, Wyvern Lord w/Axes, Soldier Reworked, General

FE Blazing Sword:

Thief, Thief F, Pegasus Knight, Falcon Knight, Yetizerker,  Ninian w/ Staff, Nils w/ Staff, Wyvern Lord w/Axes, Soldier Reworked, General, Knight Lord, Hector Lord/ Great Lord

FE Sacred Stones:

Thief, Thief F, Pegasus Knight, Falcon Knight, Hawkzerker,  Tethys w/ Staff, Druidmancer, Wyvern Lord w/Axes, Soldier Reworked, General, Great Knight, Female Assassin

I've tried looking through lots of threads to see if a similar problem was reported but I came up empty. Any push in the right direction would be appreciated!

So how do I insert the animations then? The animation insertion tutorial says to insert them via FEditor Adv. for all the animations I listed.

Edited by TrueNanaya

What Kirb is (unhelpfully) referring to is this. FEditor is known for being, shall we say, difficult; however, the animation assembler won't help for fe6. Did you try adding them all at once, or one at a time? If not the latter, try that. Otherwise, all I can suggest is opening the rom, saving, closing, and then add the animations again, one at a time.

I have usually been adding them all at once and then do the hex editing after all the animations have been put in the game. So to make sure, I should add the animations and then save, reload the rom and then add the next and so on? I want to try this first since I know the insertion method before I try something else. Thanks for the advice too by the way!

Thanks for the help! Your advice worked and all the animations were inserted successfully! I did the animations one at a time, saving after each insertion as well as closing and reopening FEditor after every insertion. I also checked every animation and they are all working as intended for FE6. When I finish doing the Nightmare edits for it I will try the other method for FE7 and FE8.

• TrueNanaya changed the title to [Solved] I need some help with animation insertion.