Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

Navi Ursula's Grand Hero Battle has arrived, and geez, this is definitely a step up from the last one. How are you guys doing?

tc7fQnO.png

Enemy data

Lunatic

Thief x2

Spoiler

HP - 44
Atk - 33
Spd - 39
Def - 14
Res - 32

Weapon: Poison Dagger+
Assist: Reciprocal Aid
B: Escape Route 3
C: Savage Blow 3

Axe Armor

Spoiler

HP - 67
Atk - 54
Spd - 16
Def - 41
Res - 19

Weapon: Silver Axe+
Special: Aegis (already charged)
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Threaten Def 3

Sword Cavalry

Spoiler

HP - 49
Atk - 50
Spd - 25
Def - 26
Res - 30

Weapon: Silver Sword+
Assist: Pull Back
Special: Aegis (already charged)
B: Obstruct 3
C: Threaten Spd 3

Ursula

Spoiler

HP - 50
Atk - 39
Spd - 32
Def - 19
Res - 30

Weapon: Blarwolf+
Special: Growing Thunder
A: Death Blow 3
C: Threaten Res 3

Infernal

Ursula

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 42
Spd: 35
Def: 21
Res: 33

Weapon: Blárwolf+
Assist: 
Special: Growing Thunder (1-CD)

B: Guard 3
C: Threaten Res 3

Sword Cavalier

Spoiler

HP: 57
Atk: 53
Spd: 27
Def: 28
Res: 33

Weapon: Silver Sword+
Assist: Draw Back
Special: Aegis (charged)

A: Distant Def 3
B: Obstruct 3
C: Goad Cavalry

Green Mage Knight

Spoiler

HP: 46
Atk: 49
Spd: 28
Def: 19
Res: 38

Weapon: Gronnwolf+
Assist: 
Special: Growing Wind

A: Mirror Strike 2
B: Seal Res 3
C: Ward Cavalry

Axe Armor

Spoiler

HP: 78
Atk: 58
Spd: 18
Def: 45
Res: 21

Weapon: Silver Axe+
Assist: 
Special: Aegis (charged)

A: Defiant Atk 3
B: Wings of Mercy 3
C: Threaten Def 3

Thief (top)

Spoiler

HP: 50
Atk: 39
Spd: 46
Def: 18
Res: 38

Special: 

A: Fury 3
B: Escape Route 3

Thief (bottom)

Spoiler

HP: 50
Atk: 36
Spd: 43
Def: 15
Res: 35

Special: 

B: Seal Atk 3

Recommended units for clearing (OLD)

Spoiler

Hector: literally win button

F!Robin: With Blue Tomebreaker and Gronnwolf, barely ORKOs Ursula at 3* Lv 40, 4* and above must reach at least 31 Atk (use dem Spurs and Hones if you're too lazy to train lol). After killing the horsewoman, can assist in taking down the Armor and Cavalry.

Nino: Same role as F!Robin. Does not particularly do anything better though, I believe, as Aegis ruins her kills.

Kagerou: At 5*, all variations can survive one Poison Dagger+ and counter kill; at 4*, -HP or -Def cannot survive at all, regardless of boon
If you have a 5* -Atk Kagerou, you must have Shurikenbreaker and Retribution (NOT REPRISAL) OR Spur/Hone Atk support to kill both Thieves with her

Setsuna: Setsuna has the Assassin's Bow, which acts like Shurikenbreaker, but without the HP requirement. Despite having low Def, Setsuna's high HP allows her to take one Poison Dagger and survive with health to spare, and doubles back. However, she must have 36 Attack to ORKO (non -Atk 5*s, +Atk for 4*), so consider that. Also, if you want to use her to take out the second Thief as well, a healer will be necessary.

Effie: Wary Fighter for not getting doubled, high HP and Def, passable Res, and Death Blow to murder things. Immune to Poison, so pretty much invalidates the Thieves, and can tank the Armor and Cavalry no problem. Consider bringing a healer or someone else to deal with Ursula, since Pull Back shenanigans + Growing Thunder can chip your Effie out really quick without letting her kill the woman.

Eldigan: Swats away the Daggers from the Thieves with his bare hands, laughs in the face of the Axe Armor, can deal with the Sword Cavalry no problem, and...shits himself against Ursula. Once she's dead, have him mop up, but make sure to keep him healed up, as Fury sorta puts him on a time limit otherwise. Also don't bring Lunge for the love of god don't bring Lunge

Olivia/Azura: Gotta go fast. Always useful to have around, especially when paired with Hector or Effie. Both also have relevant skills, Hone Atk and Fortify Res respectively.

Lissa/Wrys: Rehabilitate offers good healing for your frontline troops, who will likely take a lot of damage from the hard-hitters.

Honorable mentions

Ryoma: Is bulky enough to survive a round against a Thief, and can do some pretty hefty damage back with the Raijinto. Also viable for taking on the Armor and Cavalry. Be sure to bring a healer, and someone to actually take care of Ursula. Would appreciate a Dancer, too.

Frederick/Cherche: Tank the thieves (Cherche will take chip damage), and they both have a Hammer to make that Armor dude's day, but beware of Ursula and the Sword Cavalry. Be very aware.

Tharja/Linde: Can kill the Armor in two rounds and the Cavalry in one. Tharja has a much tougher time, but Linde has good enough Res to take a hit from Ursula, while doubling and hitting back, but falls short of a ORKO without help. Both are useless against the Thieves. Definitely prioritize F!Robin and Nino as your mage.

All Manaketes: Notable in that despite being infantry they can survive a round with a Thief (4* versions may die depending on Bane/Boon, especially -Def or -HP), which buys time to kill other things. Old Tiki and Nowi can hit back, but don't do much.

Julia: Takes no damage from Ursula, but cannot ORKO. Needs help with everything else and dies to them. Really hard to use on this map, but hey, taking no damage is something.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Started by scoping out the map by doing the the Hard version (since they apparently decided Normal wasn't going to be a thing). Enemy stats seem fairly low in this version, but two of the enemies start with Aegis charged and both Ninja use Poison Daggers. I've got both Robins, though, so I seem to actually be in luck this time. With Sharena and Olivia support, they pretty much rolled the map without issue. Of course, Lunatic is a 40 gold star. Let's see if the same strat is viable.

I beat Lunatic in one try, BUT WITH A LOT OF LUCK AND EXPLOITATION OF THE AI!!  So definitely don't take my strategy as a concrete way of defeating this Grand Hero Battle.  Watch out for the thieves as they both have Poison Dagger+.  The green armored knight has, if I remember correctly, 67 HP with high Def.  Red cavalier has draw back.  My recommendations/suggestions: bring Olivia or Azura if you have either of them, high Res units, and any tome unit, preferably red to deal with the green armored knight.

Spoiler

My team was Kagero, Felicia, Takumi, and Linde (yes I went in with a lot of colorless).  I had Kagero go down and bait the thief at the bottom, and Kagero survived with 1 HP while defeating the thief.  Then I moved everyone back and the AI went in on me.  Takumi survived and beat the thief at the top.  Ursula destroyed a wall and I literally waited for the AI to come to me.  Ursula got beat by a combo of Felicia and Linde.  Now the exploitation of the AI is that BEEFY green armored unit kept getting dragged by the red cavalier into the one wall that Ursula destroyed.  So I had Linde attacking that armored unit, which took like a turn or 2.  The red cavalier wasn't that bad, Linde just wiped him out.

Hard was actually pretty easy for me. My Takumi was able to double the Ninjas and take out Ursula as well while Nino cleaned up the Knight. Also, my Elise was good enough to act as a shield from one of the Ninjas for a turn.

Lunatic however....is pure evil. Those Ninjas are a complete game wrecker. I think I see why Setsuna is recommended. 

Quick and dirty stats blocks (HP/Atk/Spd/Def/Res):

Axe Knight 67/54/16/41/19; Silver Axe+, Aegis, Wings of Mercy 3, Threaten Def 3
Thief (top-right) 44/33/39/14/32; Poison Dagger+, Reciprocal Aid, Escape Route 3, Savage Blow 3
Thief (bottom-left) 44/33/39/14/32; Poison Dagger+, Reciprocal Aid, Seal Atk 3, Savage Blow 3
Sword Cavalier 49/50/25/26/30; Silver Sword+, Draw Back, Aegis, Obstruct 3, Threaten Spd 3
Ursula 50/39/32/19/30; Blarwolf+, Growing Thunder, Death Blow 3, Threaten Res 3

Hard map was very easy for my team of Lyn, Effie, F!Robin, and Felicia. Lyn did nothing except provide Spur Spd support. Felicia took out one ninja. F!Robin easily took out Ursula and the axe knight. Effie cleared out the other ninja and the sword cavalier.

The same team seemed to be helpless at Lunatic since Felicia gets ORKO'd by the ninja.

EDIT: did a 2nd attempt on the Lunatic map. Savage Blow is incredibly annoying on the map. F!Robin ORKOs Ursula still. Need a better way to take out the axe knight without letting F!Robin get killed by the ninja since Effie almost gets OHKO'd by the axe knight, leaving her easy pickings for the ninjas.

Edited by Roflolxp54

fuck this shit it's literally impossible for me to beat this map even with my team of 5 stars because of those goddamn ninjas

guess i'll have to stick with 3 star ursula but i'm not spending any feathers until i get a certain character

A team of 5* Lucina/Sharena and 4* Kagero and FRobin handled the map after a bit of doing. FRobin cleanly ORKO's Ursula, and Kagero eats one poison dagger hit and ORKO's back with her own. if you place Kagero/Robin 3rd and 4th, there are two spots that Ursula and the thief don't share range. so you can eliminate them both immediately. Pulled back on turn 2 to keep Robin out of range of the second thief, letting Sharena choke the point. She got chipped by the thief but lived handily. and the cavalier suicided on her. This left the thief exposed to be OHKO'd by Kagero with Sharena's rally attack, and Lucina dueled the armour with support from Robin.

Hard went down HARD to a 4* F!Robin.  She ORKO'd Ursula, and tanked the thieves.  Tiki walked over and cleaned up the rest.

I think my Lunatic team will be F!Robin, Frederick, Shanna, and Olivia.  Robin takes out Ursula, Shanna walls the sword guy, and Frederick deals holy justice to everything else.  Need to wait for my stamina to refill.

Edited by eclipse

4 minutes ago, Ether said:

A team of 5* Lucina/Sharena and 4* Kagero and FRobin handled the map after a bit of doing. FRobin cleanly ORKO's Ursula, and Kagero eats one poison dagger hit and ORKO's back with her own. if you place Kagero/Robin 3rd and 4th, there are two spots that Ursula and the thief don't share range. so you can eliminate them both immediately. Pulled back on turn 2 to keep Robin out of range of the second thief, letting Sharena choke the point. She got chipped by the thief but lived handily. and the cavalier suicided on her. This left the thief exposed to be OHKO'd by Kagero with Sharena's rally attack, and Lucina dueled the armour with support from Robin.

I had Lucina/Sharena/Julia/Kagero (all 5*), and I failed because Julia didn't ORKO. Guess I'll have to suck it up and use F!Robin lol. Good thing I trained her up.

I beat the map on Lunatic with M!Robin, Effie, Julia and Klein. Ursula does not damage to Julia while Effie is immune to poison. The lack of red unit is compensate by using Klein und M!Robin to deal with the heavy armor guy.

I really think Effie is the key here, at chocke point she takes no damage from the ninjas, can take 2 hits from Ursula, and if you deal with the heavy armor guy quick enough, the rest will be easy.

Edited by XhenD
Effie is a she, not he LOL

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I had Lucina/Sharena/Julia/Kagero (all 5*), and I failed because Julia didn't ORKO. Guess I'll have to suck it up and use F!Robin lol. Good thing I trained her up.

Yeah, B. Tomebreaker was the MVP. I tried Nino instead of F!Robin and got my ass handed to me.

1 minute ago, XhenD said:

I beat the map on Lunatic with M!Robin, Effie, Julia and Klein. Ursula does not damage to Julia while Effie is immune to poison. The lack of red unit is compensate by using Klein und M!Robin to deal with the heavy armor guy.

I really think Effie is the key here, at chocke point he takes no damage from the ninjas, can take 2 hits from Ursula, and if you deal with the heavy armor guy quick enough, the rest will be easy.

What skill makes Effie immune to poison damage, exactly?

1 minute ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

She's armoured, and thus not infantry, so no effective damage from poison dagger.

Edit: My Nino was also 4 star, the 5 star Nino from the focus would have more Mt, and should ORKO Ursula. Can't speak for Felicia.

Edited by Ether

4-star Felicia doesn't seem to going to be able to cut it for the map (dead weight; gets ORKO'd by ninjas). May as well try Olivia, Effie, F!Robin, and Cecilia (mounted unit, has better Def than Felicia does - even with -Def - and has a bit more HP, and gets WTA over the ninjas thanks to her Gronnraven tome).

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Effie doesn't learn anything that makes her immune to poison damage. She's an armor unit though, not an infantry unit.

Edited by Roflolxp54

1 minute ago, Thalyon said:

I beat hard easily with 4* Olivia and Nino and 5* Marth and Lilina. But it doesn't work on Lunatic so I will have to try a different team there. I will bring my Effie and see.

I think I'm kinda missing the trick here. Why is Olivia useful on this map?

Waiting for stamina to recharge to attempt Lunatic... (5 minutes to go)

Will see if my team of Elise, Selena, Robin (F), and Robin (M) will work.

This map looks mean.

1 minute ago, XhenD said:

I'd assume it's to let you attack twice and finish an enemy so that Wings of Mercy and Escape Route can't be used (and so that enemies are dead).

Beat the Hard version but I'm cautious about the Lunatic. My team of Camilla, Marth, M!Robin, and Olivia just aren't okay taking hits from Poison Daggers. Not to mention that M!Robin's targets are high in Resistance. I don't have a reliable bow-user either (Gordin but he's low leveled and 3* rarity). This will be my toughest match-up yet in Lunatic.

6 minutes ago, XhenD said:

Dance and Hone Attack. I didn't enter the building and needed her to get units out of the way or into position in a narrow area.

Edit: However, I did pull a Ryoma. If my current team doesn't hold out, I might try him... though he's +Res/-HP and will be taking a hit like no other.

Edited by Dual Dragons

Hector is the best character to initially provoke the lower poison dagger+ thief, though you would have to move him out of Ursula's range on turn 2 to replace his position with a blue flier (ideally with high speed and resistance, natural or buffed).

EDIT: Never mind, it seems that Hector can deal with Ursula too. So you only need Hector to nullify the challenge.

It would be a lot less restrictive if Ursula was not effective against cavalry. Forget about completing this map on Lunatic if your team is composed of mid-tier infantry and/or you lack 2-range attacks.

Edited by Directive Mayhem

Stop struggling Ursula, we're on the same team. This Lunatic battle cost me about 3-4 stam bottles with this infantry team

Hint: Ninjas love Tiki, they spare the other units even in their range.

17238828_660059354181624_1521144876_n.jpg

Edited by Hardy