Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did Infernal with the following team (important skills bold): 

• Nino (+SPD/-DEF) +0, Gronnblade+, Fury 3, Desperation 3, Hone ATK 3, Draw Back, Distant Def 3 Seal
  • PA!Azura +0, vanilla, Sing, Drive Res 2
  • Amelia +0, vanilla
  • Black Knight +0vanilla, Vantage, Spur ATK 2

BK went to bait the lower thief, Nino the two mages. It was crucial to have Spur ATK (Spur ATK 1 would suffice), Drive Res, the DD3 seal (perhaps DD2 would suffice) and a buffing dance on Nino to kill both the green cav and Ursula on first EP. After that it was just keeping everybody out of range and let BK do his work. Amelia wasn't used, but armor march was handy for positioning in the beginning. 

22 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Can't do Infernal LOLOLOL

I don't have Hector for this. Xander kills the thieves easily but the problem is killing Ursula and the green mage cav...

What else do you have in the DC department? Camus and Grani's Shield might be a nice pick.

...Theoretically.

3 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Fae, Camus, Nowi

Fae and Nowi perhaps aren't the best for Poison Daggers (Fae's a nice colour, though), but Camus with Grani's might be a good choice. Try him out for a run or two, see how you go.

(Or use Fae once the daggers are done and the mages come forward.)

Just now, phineas81707 said:

Fae and Nowi perhaps aren't the best for Poison Daggers (Fae's a nice colour, though), but Camus with Grani's might be a good choice. Try him out for a run or two, see how you go.

(Or use Fae once the daggers are done and the mages come forward.)

NOPE

I somehow won with Xander (TA), Nino (DD3 Seal), Shigure, and Bow Lyn (Atk Smoke). Atk Smoke was super important because it allowed her to tank the knight with 1 HP left...

I felt like Camus would just die vs the mages and would be unnecessary with Xander to kill the daggers :/

Just now, GuiltyLove said:

NOPE

I somehow won with Xander (TA), Nino (DD3 Seal), Shigure, and Bow Lyn (Atk Smoke). Atk Smoke was super important because it allowed her to tank the knight with 1 HP left...

I felt like Camus would just die vs the mages and would be unnecessary with Xander to kill the daggers :/

Well done. My Hector was carrying Atk Smoke, but for Infernal, I'm not sure if that did anything.

Camus was a vague suggestion in Xander's place. I wasn't entirely clear on what else you were doing.

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Dunno but the wolf tomes are sad for her :(

I'm using her now. So far I've been dying on every attempt

Ursula have 72 ATK while GC have 73 ATK.

BLyn have 73 Magical Bulk which means, she survive them with some push through Goad and such. IIRC Gronwolf can be manipulated to attack first

BLyn 47 ATK DEFINITELY ORKO that Gronwolf.

So i think you can do along the lines of

Turn 1

Kill Shuriken

Turn 2

Put B Lyn in position of Gronwolf with any resistance buff up and Put Shuriken killer up.

BLyn proceed to ORKO Green Cavalier and survive with like 1-4 HP while Shuriken killer kills the second Shuriken. This leaves you with Sword, Armor, and Ursula. Aims to Vantage Dragon Fang Ursula with BLyn, then position her away

EDIT: @GuiltyLove I know you cleared already but turns out this strats won't work because i miscalculated the damage PogChamp

Edited by JSND Alter Dragon Boner

I just wanna say how bull it is that I needed to REMOVE skills from my dancer to clear this GHB.

You'll be able to see soon, but for a strategy involving 2 WoM3 dancers to work, my Bridelia needed to have 21 HP to trigger WoM. Problem is, if she has too much attack she kills Ursula and can't take damage. If she has just enough attack to leave Ursula with 1 HP, she then needs to get down to 21 hp in one hit, but if she has too much Res, then it doesn't happen.

My Performing Arts Azura gave her too much Attack from Uror buff and Drive Res 2 gave her too much Res, so guess what I had to do to win this battle?

Just watch the damn video, I'm need to take out my anger on some more low-level goons in FE Warriors...

Spoiler

I cheesed it using merged Nino. Maybe you can do it with unmerged Nino. She also had DD3 to give her extra bulk since she's -res. Plus Nino has summoner support. She takes out Ursula and the green cav after being buffed by Azura and Eirika on turn 1. Hector kills the bottom dagger on turn 1 too. On turn 2,  Azura WoM to Nino and kills the red cav and Nino draws back her to safety. Hector baits and kills the other dagger. Nino and Eirika team up to kill the remaining green armor

Edited by Kiran

@Kiran Yes, I did it with an unmerged Nino, but it needed some tweaks (see answer above). 

Quests: 

Ursula could survive opposing Ursula with anything that gives her +3 RES, and kills her in return with a Hone Cav by Xander. Rest was easy: Hector (baiting the lower Thief on turn 1), Xander (upper thief, green armor), Ursula (red cav). I don't remember if I used a dancer. 

Sharena was more tricky.

1. Hector baits (and kills) the lower thief, having PA!Azura next to him on his right. Ursula doesn't even chip at PA!Azuras HP, blocking the way for the red cav temporarily.
  2. Everybody moves up: Sharena moves out of everybody's range, Xander baiting (and QR killing) the remaining thief, Hector out of the both cav's range, and PA!Azura standing at the left border of the map.
  3. Sharena kills the red cav, who moved in first and is danced out of the way. PA!Azura baits another time Ursula by remaining on the left border, Xander helps Hector with a Reposition
  4. Sharena kills Ursula with one dance
  5. Sharena tanks one hit by the green armor (Spur Def Seal needed on PA!Azura, ATK smoke seal on Sharena helps too), Xander finishes the green bucket. 

I couldn't do it back when it first ran, but I was able to cheese this with Hector and the Black Knight.  Amelia was there to offer Armor March support and I had Elise to heal the BK. 

I didn't really think of using my armors, so I ended up going with Team Flying Death Princesses (Elincia/Hinoka/s!Corrin/s!Camilla). They had a rougher time than usual, but managed to pull it off eventually.

Just completed Infernal with a Team of PA!Azura, Sigurd, M!Robin, and Julia. Julia was used for baiting the mages and killing the armor, M!Robin was used for dealing with the colorless and red units, Sigurd was used for tanking even though he was -def, and PA!Azura was used for dancing and even saved Sigurd during the later parts of my run with WoM. The only skill inheritance that happened was Swap for Robin so that he could save PA!Azura from the range of the poison dagger thief.

Back when this first ran, I only had Effie as my armor but somehow managed Lunatic with some close calls, like Female Robin getting exact damage to OHKO with Ignis at just the right time. Now with a full team of armors going into Infernal months later, it was much easier.

Black Knight and Hector do most of the heavy lifiting, with Effie and Zephiel acting as bait once each to bring the ranged units in front of the other two. I had one of each armor buff on the team, but Hone and Ward Armor were the most important ones to make the team work.

This is the most difficult Infernal so far, and even then it can still be beaten pretty easily with an Armor Team. Without them, baiting can be difficult with Ursula and the Green Cav checking Horse Emblem strategies and the Poison Daggers checking Infantry.

7 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

[...]

This is the most difficult Infernal so far, and even then it can still be beaten pretty easily with an Armor Team. Without them, baiting can be difficult with Ursula and the Green Cav checking Horse Emblem strategies and the Poison Daggers checking Infantry.

Legions infernal took me way longer to solve (I have been shorter on good units then, granted), but also Valters infernal was at least on the same level as Ursulas. 

Edited by mampfoid

17 minutes ago, mampfoid said:

Legions infernal took me way longer to solve (I have been shorter on good units then, granted), but also Valters infernal was at least on the same level as Ursulas. 

@MrSmokestack is this weird guy who thinks Valter is the easiest thing in the world. To this day i don't know what happened with him

To be fair i considered Legion stupidly easy, and so is this one

Uh?????

Just beat infernal in a weird way but ok. I used Xander, Nino, Burger King and Performer!Azura. Wings of Mercy on BK was the winning key in the end, since I thought that Nino was to die agains the Axe!Armor, but then I remembered that BK has WoM and he got the winning kill.

Too bad I couldn't beat Arvis infernal lol

Edited by SniperGYS

21 minutes ago, JSND Alter Dragon Boner said:

@MrSmokestack is this weird guy who thinks Valter is the easiest thing in the world. To this day i don't know what happened with him

To be fair i considered Legion stupidly easy, and so is this one

Being original doesn't hurt (most of the times). Perhaps @MrSmokestack had a ton of quad archers ready for that map?

How could you cheese Legion? I had to wait for the rerun to solve infernal.