Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, mampfoid said:

@NegativeExponents- Cool, we need to see more Niles, I have to promote him still. Dorcas doesn't care about poison dagger. I was curious how you would deal with the Knight, since you went without magical damage, but that was elegantly solved. 

More Niles is something I for sure want to do in the future. Dorcas is pretty much the only infantry unit I know who can take a poison dagger to the face and live.

Don’t know if my word choice for the solution would be elegant but thank you. That armored knight was the worst thing in this map. It’s the reason Niles has seal atk to begin with. Thanks to my screw up though, I actually ended up not needing it since the strategy I used because of it ended up being completely different from the one I originally used to solve it.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@NegativeExponents- Spotted the Psycho Soldier there at the end there. Niles is kinda cool so it was neat to see more of him. Innes outclasses him but you can take Niles to endgame with merges. Saw where you flubbed but you recovered well. Using the music to convey the situation was a nice touch. It also vexes me that BH!Lucina is the only original CYL hero I still don't have. While I was the least interested in her, she's probably one the best units I could have with how heavy I incorporate buffing/debuffing into my teams now-a-days.

32 minutes ago, Zeo said:

@NegativeExponents- Spotted the Psycho Soldier there at the end there. Niles is kinda cool so it was neat to see more of him. Innes outclasses him but you can take Niles to endgame with merges. Saw where you flubbed but you recovered well. Using the music to convey the situation was a nice touch. It also vexes me that BH!Lucina is the only original CYL hero I still don't have. While I was the least interested in her, she's probably one the best units I could have with how heavy I incorporate buffing/debuffing into my teams now-a-days.

We don’t talk about that scoundrel around these parts. Niles does have the perk of having more bulk than Innes (higher hp, def, res) and the exact same spd. I hate to admit Innes would have outright killed Ursula. But that also means the Red cavalry wouldn’t have been distracted by her and the Ninja never would have used reciprocal aid, which means there would have been a slew of new problems.

Thanks. I figured since I messed up and wasn’t re-recording I should at least try to make it somewhat enjoyable by adding appropriate music.

Brave Lucina is one of those units I didn’t really want but I’m happy I got. She is just so great at buffing allies thanks to her prf weapon and base kit. She can also fight if she needs to so she isn’t limited to just being support. Marth with his new Falchion can fill her role well I imagine if you’re looking for someone who can buff.

@mcsilas Not gonna lie, it felt like I got a mini heart attack when I saw Dorcas all the way in the back. I actually think if there’s one thing I do that most others don’t is rely heavily on a variety of positioning moves or teleportation moves. Brute strength isn’t everything.

Sure, infantry has dancers but those two poison daggers still make infantry the hardest one. Although I don’t exactly have many horsies build up which makes some of the horse quests, including this one, difficult too.

A KoF fan! So glad to actually know other fans exist. It’s usually all about street fighters when it comes to fighting games. Yup, Athena’s themes are so good. They tend to be my favorite although Kyo’s are also up there.

2 minutes ago, NegativeExponents- said:

@mcsilas Not gonna lie, it felt like I got a mini heart attack when I saw Dorcas all the way in the back. I actually think if there’s one thing I do that most others don’t is rely heavily on a variety of positioning moves or teleportation moves. Brute strength isn’t everything.

Sure, infantry has dancers but those two poison daggers still make infantry the hardest one. Although I don’t exactly have many horsies build up which makes some of the horse quests, including this one, difficult too.

A KoF fan! So glad to actually know other fans exist. It’s usually all about street fighters when it comes to fighting games. Yup, Athena’s themes are so good. They tend to be my favorite although Kyo’s are also up there.

Oh you should have a look at my video clears in these GHB threads then since most of them have KoF music :P

Although recently I expanded to other SNK games like the Last Blade

also yeah it's refreshing to see an All infantry clear without a TA Raventome unit so good job on that :D

11 hours ago, mcsilas said:

Oh you should have a look at my video clears in these GHB threads then since most of them have KoF music :P

Although recently I expanded to other SNK games like the Last Blade

also yeah it's refreshing to see an All infantry clear without a TA Raventome unit so good job on that :D

Oh, I didn’t recognize some of the newer ones since I’ve only played 94-96, 99, and XIII, but you’re completely right.

By any chance did you do a themed one for Fallen Takumi? I remember seeing a Hoshidan themed one that used the one and only Soup Lord and I thought that might’ve been you but I couldn’t find it.

Edited by NegativeExponents-

9 hours ago, NegativeExponents- said:

Oh, I didn’t recognize some of the newer ones since I’ve only played 94-96, 99, and XIII, but you’re completely right.

By any chance did you do a themed one for Fallen Takumi? I remember seeing a Hoshidan themed one that used the one and only Soup Lord and I thought that might’ve been you but I couldn’t find it.

Didn’t made videos back then. I was inspired by a few videos about that GHB though like Hoshido or Echoes themed clears

ah played more of the older games I see. Fair enough. Some of the older tracks are a bit harder to fit for my videos but 96 definitely had some good music from the classic games.

@LordFrigid Lol, I feel silly now that I figured all the way through the tunnels of this map (poor Roy had to travel so far). Caeda deals green damage against all units here except the daggers, perhaps I could repeat that with a +5 Caeda? 

I had the same trouble with those daggers, I needed to grind Summoner Support A for Roy because I didn't think of Gunnthrá ... 

Congratulations again! 

2 hours ago, mampfoid said:

@LordFrigid Lol, I feel silly now that I figured all the way through the tunnels of this map (poor Roy had to travel so far). Caeda deals green damage against all units here except the daggers, perhaps I could repeat that with a +5 Caeda? 

idk, actually. You might need to mess with some things...I know that mine has a tiny bit more than enough Spd to double the upper Dagger (he has Fury, so he escapes Chilling Seal), and the Sword Cav breaks QR. I think an all-flier team with a Fortify user in slot 1, and a Goad Mage (or melee flier with DC, QR seal might be required either way) in slot 2 would do the trick.

Edited by LordFrigid

This has to be my least favorite map/battle in the game by far. Too many walls, your units are trapped inside them with barely any room to move, and the enemies are way too OP on infernal. Not to mention all of them are ranged units except for the sword cav. So the map gives them a massive advantage too. No matter who I sent against them, my units died instantly.

I probably won't ever bother with this again. Not like I care about Ursula anyway though.

Edited by Anacybele

• 2 weeks later...

I FINALLY beat every difficulty and completed every quest, so I know have every Ursula possible in the game so far! That brings her up to a +5 merge whenever I decide to promote them all. For the final quest on Infernal with an all-armor team, I was banging my head against the wall until I bit the bullet and used a spare Reinhardt to give Valentine Lyn Vantage, after that I did it my first try! My team was Valentine Lyn and Hector, Halloween Jakob, and the Black Knight. 

@Alexmender ..Man she's ridiculous. With tactics buffs and Aether/Heavy Blade everything just dies. What makes it more ridiculous is that it isn't even her full potential. If she ran any tactic skill in her slot and was a adjacent to the unit she was buffing that would be an additional 6 points in whatever stat you want, nevermind supports.

My God. Good stuff. I really wish there was a Flashing Blade seal. Then I could give Matthew Aether and do this kind of stuff with him.

@Alexmender Very Hector-ish, congratulations! She always had Aether ready to deal with those thiefs. 

6 minutes ago, Zeo said:

If she ran any tactic skill in her slot and was a adjacent to the unit she was buffing that would be an additional 6 points in whatever stat you want, nevermind supports.

She doesn't need to be adjacent to an buffed ally, allies within 2 spaces work too. Except for Speed tactic, this one already used nearly the full potential of Sieglindes refinement. 

Thanks guys! I'm really glad you're enjoying these clears.

@Zeo Like @mampfoid said my Eirika used the (almost) full potential of Sieglinde during the first turn. Sieglinde's refine lets her use the buffs of allies within two spaces but Eirika doesn't need to buff them to recieve the bonuses which is why I tend to have her with Ploys and Threaten skills while her teammates carry the Tactics buffs. I like that the space conditions offer some flexibility though, like in the video during the second turn Eirika only had the Tactics buffs and during the final one she only had Sieglinde buffs. I'll probably have to abuse this in tougher stuff like Valter and Legion GHB unless I find a way to clear those with no support.

• 5 months later...

@mampfoid

So uh...this actually still works. Wing Sword OP.

I also put a traditional Galeforce one together, but then I noticed that it was basically your Infernal strat, with a little more Player Phase =P . I guess I was subconsciously remembering it.

Edited by LordFrigid

Heh, nice Pegasus power strat.

My own clear was a pretty big mess of whatever. That pre-charged Growing Thunder in conjunction with the green cav running Seal Res 3 means I had to boost Nino's Res to 51 effective for her to survive the initial pull (mind that this is also with the summoner HP boost). Also fielded a total mish-mash team otherwise of Black Knight, Olivia and Priscilla. Black Knight did almost all the fighting after Nino killed Ursula. Priscilla had to Rehab+ both Nino and BK, which was facilitated by Olivia's dancing. Had to inherit Hone Spd 3 to Olivia (necessary for Nino to double Ursula) and... for whatever reason, I had Spur Res 3 on Black Knight from whenever, so that's technically an inheritance, both of which I wasn't terribly happy that I had to use, but eh. Priscilla's vanilla Spur Def 3 (in conjunction with the Def Tactics 3 and Res Tactics 3 Seals) was also necessary to keep BK alive through the second round where he had to tank the remaining cav mage, then eat the first-round Iceberg from the second Thief.

Final set of relevant gear was:

• Nino +10 +Spd/-Def (Summoner Support) - Fury 3, Hone Atk 3, Distant Def 3 Seal
  • Black Knight +2 - Steady Stance 3, Spur Res 3, Quick Riposte 3 Seal
  • Priscilla 5* Neutral - Rehab+, Atk +3, Spur Def 3, Res Tactic 3 Seal
  • Olivia - Dance, Hone Spd 3, Def Tactic 3 Seal
Edited by Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi

@LordFrigid Vantage + Sol, nice idea. Caeda is thankful everybody emerges to her with horse or armor. 

I prefer your Galeforce approach though (surprise). While there is not much choice in the route Roy has to take, I like the integration of Lucina. Don't know if I could pull off the same, mine is -ATK sadly (/edit: welp, yours is +SPD/-RES, I'm envious). 

Perhaps I'll have time this evening to give it a try. 

Edited by mampfoid