Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

Alright, I give up for the day. My Hard mode strategy of healer + "Kagero kills everything except the armor knight" doesn't work the same on Lunatic due to the healer not healing enough.

Also, I find the AI behavior rather strange. Sometimes, the red cavalier will move first and break the wall, then Ursula will move behind him. Other times, Ursula will move first to break the wall and the cavalier will drag her back. Does anybody know what's going on with this? Does it just depend on what unit is your closest (colored) unit?

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

4*s I have: Clarine, Cordelia, Tharja, Nowi, Merric, Olivia, M!Robin, Cherche, Lon'qu, Fae, Catria, Jagen, Raigh, Gaius, Gordin, Eliwood, Jakob, Wrys, Niles, Sakura, Est, Sheena, Laslow, Hana, Stahl, Subaki and Eirika (and Kagero)

3*s: Matthew, Sophia, Fir, Palla, Azama, Felicia, Sully, A!Tiki, Saizo, Hinata, Frederick, Donnel, Oboro

EDIT: 3* I accidentally left out are Barst, F!Corrin. Henry.

Welp apparently a guy above beat me to it with a strategy. Kagerou can fill Klein's shoes, and Catria or Subaki can sort of fill Fred's role.

6 minutes ago, Fly_or_Die said:

Alright, I give up for the day. My Hard mode strategy of healer + "Kagero kills everything except the armor knight" doesn't work the same on Lunatic due to the healer not healing enough.

Also, I find the AI behavior rather strange. Sometimes, the red cavalier will move first and break the wall, then Ursula will move behind him. Other times, Ursula will move first to break the wall and the cavalier will drag her back. Does anybody know what's going on with this? Does it just depend on what unit is your closest (colored) unit?

If you find that the healer doesn't heal enough, try rehabilitate? 

45 minutes ago, Kiran said:

@Elieson Okay I finally got it. Setsuna, F!Robin, Gwendolyn and a healer with imbue.

Turn 1: Setsuna and F!Robin should be able to ORKO both Ursula and the bottom dagger user

Turn 2: F!Robin moves to hit the knight, but does not kill, Gwen moves at the edge of the top dagger's range. Setsuna gets healed.

Turn 3: F!Robin kills the knight, Gwen attacks the dagger and drags back. Setsuna gets imbue healed and OHKO the dagger. The cav should be focused on Gwen now.

Turn 4: Take out the cav.

I'm running scenarios of what to do here and I'm not sure if I'm missing a step or just misinterpreting what Gwen's doing here.

Spoiler

414b231559.png

• PP1
    • 1 {Tank}
      • Up 1
    • 4 {Setsuna}
      • Down 1
    • 2 {Healer}
      • Down 1
    • 3 {F!Robin}
      • Down 1 & Right 1

0b84b568d5.png

• EP1
    • Ursula
      • Left 3->Attacks F!Robin [Deals 13 Dmg], dies on Counter double
      • F!Robin is now at 23 HP
    • Thief [Escape]
      • Up 2->Attacks Setsuna [Deals 49-Defense/HP], dies on Counter double
      • Setsuna is now at ??? HP...Probably at around 11-14, I need to grind up
    • Axe Knt
      • Down 1
    • Thief [Seal Atk]
      • Left 2
    • Red Cavalier
      • Left 2 & Up 1->Attacks Wall, Breaks Wall
  • PP2
    • 3 {F!Robin} @23 HP
      • Left 1 & Up 1->Attacks Axe Knt, does not Kill but preps for 2HKO
      • Axe Knt is now at 49 HP
    • 2 {Healer}
      • Up 1->Heals F!Robin
      • F!Robin is now at full HP (36)
    • Tank and Setsuna idle

This is where things get hairy, because I don't know what to do about the red Cavalier.

bb42d65319.png

• EP2
    • Thief [Seal Atk]
      • Up 1 & Left 1->Attacks {Tank}
      • {Tank} is probably fine
    • Red Cav
      • Up 2 & Left 1->Attacks F!Robin [Deals 35 Dmg]
      • F!Robin is now at 1 HP
    • Axe Knt
      • Down 1
  • PP2
    • ?????

If {Tank} is an Armor Knight then arguably they're responsible for tanking the north thief, or slogging down and choking the point just in time...I'll need to push up stats...otherwise, this strat could arguably work for Sully too, perhaps, since Sully would have the 3 move and Sapphire Lance to get down there quick enough. If Tank is a 2-move unit, then I'm not sure what to do.

I might be able to use Catria here, and let her get hit into Desperation range. With WTA and Desperation Iceberg, she should be able to kill the Red Cav...Idk.

All I know is that I gotta grind up Setsuna a lot to make this work. I'll continue working on Catria/Cherche. I don't think I can make Fred or either of my two 3* Sullies work with their 3* Stats and I need something to take out that Axe Knight as he plods towards me..>Cherche would arguably be better at that. 

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'm running scenarios of what to do here and I'm not sure if I'm missing a step or just misinterpreting what Gwen's doing here.

Hide contents

414b231559.png

• PP1
    • 1 {Tank}
      • Up 1
    • 4 {Setsuna}
      • Down 1
    • 2 {Healer}
      • Down 1
    • 3 {F!Robin}
      • Down 1 & Right 1

0b84b568d5.png

• EP1
    • Ursula
      • Left 3->Attacks F!Robin [Deals 13 Dmg], dies on Counter double
      • F!Robin is now at 23 HP
    • Thief [Escape]
      • Up 2->Attacks Setsuna [Deals 49-Defense/HP], dies on Counter double
      • Setsuna is now at ??? HP...Probably at around 11-14, I need to grind up
    • Axe Knt
      • Down 1
    • Thief [Seal Atk]
      • Left 2
    • Red Cavalier
      • Left 2 & Up 1->Attacks Wall, Breaks Wall
  • PP2
    • 3 {F!Robin} @23 HP
      • Left 1 & Up 1->Attacks Axe Knt, does not Kill but preps for 2HKO
      • Axe Knt is now at 49 HP
    • 2 {Healer}
      • Up 1->Heals F!Robin
      • F!Robin is now at full HP (36)
    • Tank and Setsuna idle

This is where things get hairy, because I don't know what to do about the red Cavalier.

bb42d65319.png

• EP2
    • Thief [Seal Atk]
      • Up 1 & Left 1->Attacks {Tank}
      • {Tank} is probably fine
    • Red Cav
      • Up 2 & Left 1->Attacks F!Robin [Deals 35 Dmg]
      • F!Robin is now at 1 HP
    • Axe Knt
      • Down 1
  • PP2
    • ?????

If {Tank} is an Armor Knight then arguably they're responsible for tanking the north thief, or slogging down and choking the point just in time...I'll need to push up stats...otherwise, this strat could arguably work for Sully too, perhaps, since Sully would have the 3 move and Sapphire Lance to get down there quick enough. If Tank is a 2-move unit, then I'm not sure what to do.

I might be able to use Catria here, and let her get hit into Desperation range. With WTA and Desperation Iceberg, she should be able to kill the Red Cav...Idk.

All I know is that I gotta grind up Setsuna a lot to make this work. I'll continue working on Catria/Cherche. I don't think I can make Fred or either of my two 3* Sullies work with their 3* Stats and I need something to take out that Axe Knight as he plods towards me..>Cherche would arguably be better at that. 

Sorry for not being clear before. If using Gwen, she should be at the bottom, under Robin at the end of phase two. Thus she can tank both the red cav and the dagger. 

Sully won't work. I did the calculations for my lv40 4* Sully. If using Frederick...there is a diff strategy that I will draw up in a couple min.

Edited by Kiran

I used Julia/Azura/Roy/Effie and beat both fairly easily on the first try. The only close call was Ursula almost one shot Julia because I wasn't cautious enough. 

This will probably work with any team, have an armor tank the first hit, use a dancer/magic nuke combo to take out the green armor, Ursula will come up on the enemy's turn. Some combo of your magic nuke and armor attacking with an extra attack from the dancer should kill her, and the last two enemies are easy to take down. Maybe take a healer as the dagger wielded do quite a bit of aoe damage. 

50 minutes ago, salinea said:

I actually found I needed NOT to ORKO Ursula and had to not use Nino because of that *points to post just above* in order to finish it. Obviously rest of the team counts.

Yo don't double post.

33 minutes ago, SaMaster14 said:

My team was able to beat the 3* pretty easily, but my units are not the best for the 4*...

Currently going in with Seliph, Tiki(young), Effie, Takumi

My full 5* Lv.40 lineup if anyone has suggestions...

Seliph (+Atk/-Res)
Tiki(young) [+Res/-Def]
Effie (+HP/-Atk)
Takumi (+Spd/-Atk)
Marth (+Atk/-Res)
Lyn (+HP/-Spd)
Erika (+HP/-Atk)
Ephraim (+HP/-Atk)
Hawkeye (+Spd/-Atk)
Robin+2 (+Res/-HP; Atk+1, Spd+1, Def+1)
Klein (+Atk/-HP) (-1HP) - not sure what's up with this one; he is Lv. 40 with 36 HP, but that's 4 points lower than the IV calculator (it should be 37) and his +Atk is only 3 points higher...

There's a strategy a few posts above yours that outlines an Effie/Klein strategy.  If Klein can survive Ursula even with -HP, you're set.  Otherwise, bring Cecilia along.

5 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Sorry for not being clear before. If using Gwen, she should be at the bottom, under Robin at the end of phase two. Thus she can tank both the red cav and the dagger. 

Sully won't work. I did the calculations for my lv40 4* Sully. If using Frederick...there is a diff strategy that I will draw up in a couple min.

I'd prefer to use Cherche if possible (Mainly since she has probable higher stats as being a 3*) but If you'd recommend Fred over Cherche, I do have the feathers and a Lv20 one to promote. I have a +Res/-Spd 3* and some feathers I could burn.

Didn't think about having Gwen plod south to tank both; figured her 3* Stats were too low to tank with Poison Dagger's Def punishment ( but I forgot about her skills giving her some extended lifespan for F!Robin to poke from the other side (3* Lv40 hits the SwordCav for 10 with a +3 from Hone Atk 2 from Gwen)

52 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'd prefer to use Cherche if possible (Mainly since she has probable higher stats as being a 3*) but If you'd recommend Fred over Cherche, I do have the feathers and a Lv20 one to promote. I have a +Res/-Spd 3* and some feathers I could burn.

Didn't think about having Gwen plod south to tank both; figured her 3* Stats were too low to tank with Poison Dagger's Def punishment ( but I forgot about her skills giving her some extended lifespan for F!Robin to poke from the other side (3* Lv40 hits the SwordCav for 10 with a +3 from Hone Atk 2 from Gwen)

Fred is necessary because you need 3 movement.

Edited by Kiran

@Elieson

Have you thought about Subaki and an additional mage instead of Gwen and a healer? That did it for me. A neutral lvl 37 3* Subaki can tank the hits from the ninja and sword unit if you can get rid of one ninja and Ursula on turn one using Setsuna and F!Robin. Then if you have a red mage, the armour (at least for me and I don't see why it would be different) warps to beside the horse unit (that Subaki got down to below half health during that attacking him). Subaki has to not kill the cavalier, though, which might be a problem. Has to have that to block the green knight for two turns, as he can't even take one hit from that. 

...Unless I just got lucky... Wouldn't surprise me ^.^''

13 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Fred is necessary because you need 3 movement.

Looks like my other 3* is +Spd/-Atk, so I'd probably opt to grind this one up to a higher level. My +Res/-Spd is level 20 already but getting up to Level 20 won't take all that long

So I'll anticipate running:

Clarine (I think +Def/-Spd, though the IV Calculator doesn't have her stats making all that much sense...and would indicate that she's +Def/+Atk & -Spd/-Spd which is hilarious to consider, based on comments)

Setsuna (+Atk/-HP)

F!Robin

Gwen/Fred

I'll get Gwen's IVs when I figure out what she actually has and give her 13 more levels but my 4* Lv27 Clarine can tank one hit from the the red cav in about 8 levels worth of stats I think, which may help too.

@Cute Chao

I did consider Subaki, but wasn't sure what that'd leave me with to tackle the Axe Cav. I've tried running my +Spd/-Def Julia, but with not much success due to the high res on everything in the map and the second Green magic kinda overlapping with F!Robin. Setsuna's gonna have to be my crutch against one of the Thieves no matter what, so I may as well build her up to be able to tackle both if possible, leaving Ursula to F!Robin and the Red Cav and Axe Knt to...Not sure, Fred/Gwen/something Melee + Robin mostly.

Edited by Elieson

27 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Yo don't double post.

There's a strategy a few posts above yours that outlines an Effie/Klein strategy.  If Klein can survive Ursula even with -HP, you're set.  Otherwise, bring Cecilia along.

Cecilia gets murdered by Ursula's tome, I believe.

2 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Cecilia gets murdered by Ursula's tome, I believe.

Kill Ursula before she gets there.  If Cecilia's up in the left corner, Ursula will need a few turns to reach her.

More importantly, Cecilia has Rally Resistance, which will definitely allow Klein to survive Ursula.

Edited by eclipse

@Elieson Here's Fred's strategy: (If you need clarification for Gwen's strategy, I'll draw that up too)  I just realized I accidently made Setsuna move three squares instead of two....GOD DAMN IT. This was only able to work for me because M!Robin wouldn't kill the bottom dagger in one hit...let me rethink this for a sec

Edited by Kiran

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Kill Ursula before she gets there.  If Cecilia's up in the left corner, Ursula will need a few turns to reach her.

More importantly, Cecilia has Rally Resistance, which will definitely allow Klein to survive Ursula.

Oh, for the Rally. Okay.

@Elieson

Darn. I didn't realise the green armour would be so strong against Julia. Leo took two turns to bring it down, so Subaki not killing the red cav saved me there >.< Could Julia not even two shot the armour? I don't know the stats there. If she can two shot, then my strategy would work, providing your Subaki has enough defence to take the hits, but not enough attack to kill the sword cavalier before you need him to... Although you then need a unit that can oneshot the ninja... Is Setsuna able to do that? If she has to take a hit, it's all over...

Both units with Aegis start with it fully charged, so bursting them down can be a bit tricky. Looking at stats, neutral-Atk Julia wouldn't two-shot the Lunatic one even if it didn't start with Aegis charged. She'd do 30 damage against his 67 HP. She'd need two rounds of doubling to take him down. She can't even kill him in one round if she had Hone Atk 3 and Dragon Gaze from dueling Ursula (it'd do 30 + 36 = 66). So, the only way you're one-rounding him is with +Atk Julia and Hone Atk 3.

23 minutes ago, Cute Chao said:

@Elieson

Darn. I didn't realise the green armour would be so strong against Julia. Leo took two turns to bring it down, so Subaki not killing the red cav saved me there >.< Could Julia not even two shot the armour? I don't know the stats there. If she can two shot, then my strategy would work, providing your Subaki has enough defence to take the hits, but not enough attack to kill the sword cavalier before you need him to... Although you then need a unit that can oneshot the ninja... Is Setsuna able to do that? If she has to take a hit, it's all over...

My Julia (no boon/bane in attack) couldn't two shots the armor (not unless she had her special skill set up).

Just now, salinea said:

My Julia (no boon/bane in attack) couldn't two shots the armor (not unless she had her special skill set up).

Darn again. I didn't realise the res was so high. I keep losing in the training tower 'cos of that, too. I need to get out of the armour = bad res mindset >.<

13 minutes ago, Kuroi Tsubasa Tenshi said:

Both units with Aegis start with it fully charged, so bursting them down can be a bit tricky. Looking at stats, neutral-Atk Julia wouldn't two-shot the Lunatic one even if it didn't start with Aegis charged. She'd do 30 damage against his 67 HP. She'd need two rounds of doubling to take him down. She can't even kill him in one round if she had Hone Atk 3 and Dragon Gaze from dueling Ursula (it'd do 30 + 36 = 66). So, the only way you're one-rounding him is with +Atk Julia and Hone Atk 3.

Actually, if you have Ursula hit Julia, it'll leave your Dragon Fang count at 1 (Ursula hit 1, you hit, Ursula hit 2). With a neutral Atk Julia with no boosts, your first hit will do (49-  19)/2 = 15 to the Armor, wasting his Aegis, and making your second attack Dragon Fang boosted. That does 49*1.5 - 19 = 54 damage. 54 +15 equals 69 (shoutouts) for the kill.

Of course, this isn't exactly the best idea to begin with, because Ursula will get Growing Thunder very fast by doubling Julia, unless you can deal with her quick.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

3 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Actually, if you have Ursula hit Julia, it'll leave your Dragon Fang count at 1 (Ursula hit 1, you hit, Ursula hit 2). With a neutral Atk Julia with no boosts, your first hit will do (49-  19)/2 = 15 to the Armor, wasting his Aegis, and making your second attack Dragon Fang boosted. That does 49*1.5 - 19 = 54 damage. 54 +15 equals 69 (shoutouts) for the kill.

Of course, this isn't exactly the best idea to begin with, because Ursula will get Growing Thunder very fast by doubling Julia, unless you can deal with her quick.

Sharena can take a Growing Thunder and an attack from Ursula, but you need to kill the armor, bottom thief, and the cavalier first. And keep the top thief preoccupied with a tanky enough ranged unit.

@Elieson Okay I fixed it. And tested it! So it works for sure now. Nowi, tank, healer with rehabilitate, F!Robin. I don't have a lot of time but I'll give you a brief summary. F!Robin for the Knight again. Nowi in the little corner with healer. Tank (cherche can work here now) right beside healer, where they can rush the top dagger when it comes down.

Did lunatic mode with some trial and error using 5* Lilina,5* Camilla ( both lvl 40), lvl 38 4* Effie and lvl 23 3* Olivia with hone attack+1.

In order Olivia,Lilina,Camilla, Effie.

1st round
Put effie on the corner and advance camilla trough the corridor.

2nd round
Lilina hit twice and ORKO the Armor guy, put effie backwards and olivia dancesEffie. Use Effie to Shovel Camilla who's now in reach of the north ninja. Camilla 1RKO the ninja. Ursula breaks the first wall, and cavalry pull her back.

3nd round
Put effie in front of the first breakable wall. And she take all hits. Red cavalry guy almost suicides.

4th round

Effie kills the cavalry. Put camilla next to effie. The ninja will attack effie and ursula will attack camilla.

5th round
Retreat Effie. Camilla kills Ursula.

6th round

Camilla kills second ninja.

Super fun map.

So, I beat this map on Hard early this morning, but I'm stuck on Lunatic for now, so I'm trying to train up a Setsuna I pulled a while back. Will a 4-Star +DEF/-RES Setsuna be able to work at Level 35, or should I find a different method for beating this map? The team I'm gonna use right now is 4-Star F!Robin (for Ursula) / 4-Star Sharena (for buffs) / 4-Star Setsuna / 5-Star Sakura (I don't have a good Red that can handle the knights and the Poison Daggers, so Robin'll deal with them, also I need the heals), though I also have 5-Star Roy/Lyn/Marth/Catria/Julia and 4-Star Hana/M!Robin/Jeorge/Nino to work with, if any of those will help.

Edited by ILikeKirbys