Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

1 minute ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, I beat this map on Hard early this morning, but I'm stuck on Lunatic for now, so I'm trying to train up a Setsuna I pulled a while back. Will a 4-Star +DEF/-RES Setsuna be able to work at Level 35, or should I find a different method for beating this map? The team I'm gonna use right now is 4-Star F!Robin / 4-Star Sharena / 4-Star Setsuna / 5-Star Sakura (I need the heals), though I also have 5-Star Roy/Lyn/Marth/Catria/Julia and 4-Star M!Robin/Jeorge to work with, if any of those will help.

Sakura won't heal Setsuna nearly enough if you want her to kill both Thieves; you'll need at least a Recover staff or something. +Def is fine, as you can have Sharena Rally Attack for Setsuna to ORKO those Thieves. F!Robin will deal with Ursula just fine, and she'll help out a lot against the Armor. 4* Sharena will do no damage to the Armor, and falls short of ORKOing the Cavalier, but that's fine. Just back up so the Armor doesn't hit you, and F!Robin should kill the Armor in two rounds (she will get an Ignis off to leave the Armor really low after killing Ursula).

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

So, I beat this map on Hard early this morning, but I'm stuck on Lunatic for now, so I'm trying to train up a Setsuna I pulled a while back. Will a 4-Star +DEF/-RES Setsuna be able to work at Level 35, or should I find a different method for beating this map? The team I'm gonna use right now is 4-Star F!Robin / 4-Star Sharena / 4-Star Setsuna / 5-Star Sakura (I need the heals), though I also have 5-Star Roy/Lyn/Marth/Catria/Julia and 4-Star M!Robin/Jeorge to work with, if any of those will help.

Setsuna's going to need to be able to survive a 33 Atk Poison Dagger (50 total HP/Def), twice if you want her to handle both of the Thieves (her Reciprocal Aid being the key there. Well...that or Rehabilitate). Julia can eat the HP swap because Ursula doesn't really hit her for much, if anything. Beyond that, you'll want something to deal with the Axe Knight and tank a hit each from the Sword Cav and Ursula (I think 4* Sharena can do it, since 5* lives on 9 HP). I think I suggested a Setsuna/Julia/Olivia/Sharena team to someone else earlier, I'm working on leveling Setsuna to test its effectiveness. Edit: Setsuna will also need 36 Atk to one-round the Thieves.

Also, I may be theorizing a little too hard here...but I'm pretty sure Stahl can tank the living daylights out of the map with a bit of Heal/Dance support once Ursula's taken care of (F!Robin, anyone?). So...Olivia/Lissa/Stahl/F!Robin for the full Hero-Battle + Awakening team? I'll have to level Stahl afterward to try it out...I'm really curious now.

Edited by LordFrigid

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Setsuna's going to need to be able to survive a 33 Atk Poison Dagger (50 total HP/Def), twice if you want her to handle both of the Thieves (her Reciprocal Aid being the key there. Well...that or Rehabilitate). Julia can eat the HP swap because Ursula doesn't really hit her for much, if anything. Beyond that, you'll want something to deal with the Axe Knight and tank a hit each from the Sword Cav and Ursula (I think 4* Sharena can do it, since 5* lives on 9 HP). I think I suggested a Setsuna/Julia/Olivia/Sharena team to someone else earlier, I'm working on leveling Setsuna to test its effectiveness.

Also, I may be theorizing a little too hard here...but I'm pretty sure Stahl can tank the living daylights out of the map with a bit of Heal/Dance support once Ursula's taken care of (F!Robin, anyone?). So...Olivia/Lissa/Stahl/F!Robin for the full Hero-Battle + Awakening team? I'll have to level Stahl afterward to try it out...I'm really curious now.

Setsuna's Assassin's Bow prevents doubling from Daggers, and always doubles Dagger-users.

Or just steal someone else's HP.

5 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Lv. 40 Sharena survives Ursula and the Red Cav with 9 HP, and ORKO's the Cav when he attacks. She'll hit Ursula for 29 iirc (total side note, if 5* Sharena lives with 9 HP, 4* could probably work too). How fast can you train her up (I'm assuming that since you 5*'d her you were planning on doing it eventually anyways =P)? Between her and Cherche you should be alright, probably have Julia and maybe Olivia tag along?

That'd be my first guess, though you might want/need Setsuna, now that I think about it. The strat I ran killed the bottom Thief when he engaged, leaving the Cavs to advance/break walls. If the Thief is just baited by Cherche and lives, the Red Cav might Draw him back instead of...whatever he was going to do, which would...well, it'd make things less predictable, to say the least. Setsuna will need 50 combined HP/Def to survive a Thief (46, assuming Sharena's got Fortify Def 3) and 36 Atk to ORKO one (32 with Sharena Rally). Now the tricky bit is, I think you'll also need Julia's HP + Setsuna's Def to be at least 46 (I don't think that's a problem at all). In that case, I think you'd be doing something along the lines of...

Reveal hidden contents

Team: Olivia, Sharena, Julia, Setsuna (in that order). Now, I'm running this down in my head, using the run I did as something of a blueprint, so take it with a grain of salt (and definitely stop reading now if you want to get it down on your own) but I think it'd go something like:

1. Setup & stuff, if necessary. Edit: probably not necessary, since I actively tried to get the team order right from the start...not sure what I was thinking when I typed that one.

2. Move Setsuna into the range of the bottom Thief. There's a tile on the left edge adjacent to wherever you stuck her. Put Sharena there and have her Rally Setsuna (assuming she doesn't hit 36 Atk without it, and even if she does, you'll still want Sharena to be there). Leave the other two where they are. Thief kills himself on Setsuna, and Cavs advance, breaking at least one wall. Stuff happens at the top (no duh lol).

3. Sharena Rallies Setsuna from where she is (same assumption on her Atk as above). Setsuna moves up two spots and swaps HP with Julia. Olivia dances Setsuna, who moves up 2 more spaces into the other Thief's range. Julia moves into the spot Setsuna just left. The other Thief will kill himself on Setsuna, Red Cav kills himself on Sharena, Ursula chips but won't kill Sharena.

4. Julia takes down Ursula with Dance support, or have Sharena help out, but make sure to Dance her so she doesn't get Axed.

5. Julia drops the Knight, possibly with Sharena Rally & Olivia Dance assistance.

With Lunatic, I eventually beat it with 5* Eldigan, 4* F!Robin, 4* Oliva, 4* Nino. Although in hindsight, Nino was kinda unnecessary and I could of probably switched her out with 4* Kagero. But the other units were crucial.

Eldigan Tanked and killed Red Cav and Ninjas. F!Robin handled Ursula and Axe Knight, and Oliva danced Robin out of danger.

Edited by ExpendableExtra

37 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Sakura won't heal Setsuna nearly enough if you want her to kill both Thieves; you'll need at least a Recover staff or something. +Def is fine, as you can have Sharena Rally Attack for Setsuna to ORKO those Thieves. F!Robin will deal with Ursula just fine, and she'll help out a lot against the Armor. 4* Sharena will do no damage to the Armor, and falls short of ORKOing the Cavalier, but that's fine. Just back up so the Armor doesn't hit you, and F!Robin should kill the Armor in two rounds (she will get an Ignis off to leave the Armor really low after killing Ursula).

Ah, yeah, I forgot that Setsuna'll be taking effective damage from the thieves. I have a Lissa tho, so maybe that'd work?

Also, do I need Olivia? Because I need Lissa for Rehabilitate to keep Setsuna from dying, Setsuna for thief-killing, Sharena to deal with the Sword-Cav, and Julia or F!Robin for Ursula and the armors, which leaves no room for a dancer.

Also, fun thought: If I raise the 3-Star Ursula into a 4-Star Ursula, can she help me deal with Ursula? Because I'm gonna grind up Lissa by training up my 3-Star Ursula for a while while I take a break from levelling Setsuna, and now I'm a little curious as to how Ursula would do against her own map.

Setsuna has Reciprocal Aid. Julia has a lot of HP and doesn't take damage from Ursula when attacking, even with -Res. I don't think you need a healer, but I'm waiting on 13 stamina to test my suggestion out.

Edited by LordFrigid

3 minutes ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Ah, yeah, I forgot that Setsuna'll be taking effective damage from the thieves. I have a Lissa tho, so maybe that'd work?

Also, do I need Olivia? Because I need Lissa for Rehabilitate to keep Setsuna from dying, Setsuna for thief-killing, Sharena to deal with the Sword-Cav, and Julia or F!Robin for Ursula and the armors, which leaves no room for a dancer.

Also, fun thought: If I raise the 3-Star Ursula into a 4-Star Ursula, can she help me deal with Ursula? Because I'm gonna grind up Lissa by training up my 3-Star Ursula for a while while I take a break from levelling Setsuna, and now I'm a little curious as to how Ursula would do against her own map.

No, if you have Setsuna kill both Thieves and F!Robin kill Ursula, only the Armor and Cav will be left. The Cav should outpace the Armor, so you can have Sharena tank the Cav, then take your time with the Armor. Alternatively, if you have a good Sword unit who can take a hit from the Cav, F!Robin should leave the Armor at an easy kill range.

Narcian did cheese his own map, but I think the enemy Ursula might outdamage yours... Worth a shot I suppose?

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

Setsuna has Reciprocal Aid. Julia has a lot of HP and doesn't take much damage from Ursula. I don't think you need a healer, but I'm waiting on 13 stamina to test my suggestion out.

The problem is that Ursula will have access to one of your other units if she's not ORKO'd, and she does hit quite hard. Also, since the Armor teleports to Ursula, it opens up the path for the upper Thief, meaning he will not be in position for Setsuna to kill him immediately. Someone will have to eat an Ursula hit somehow.

But with a Dancer you just put Setsuna in the top left on turn 2 where the thief can reach her.

Edit: Eh, maybe I'm missing something here. I'll see when I try it.

Edited by LordFrigid

7 hours ago, Levin's Scarf said:

How did you kill the bottom ninja before getting Sharena killed?

Sharena killed the sword calvary first (double hit), then Dance on and Sharena killed the ninja who already got low HP left after he sacrificed blood for Ursula just like the top ninja in the picture got few HP left after giving HP to the axe knight.   
And no, how could Sharena can be getting killed? I got both Olivia and Julia active in the picture there. I did win this battle

Just now, Hardy said:

Sharena killed the sword calvary first (double hit), then Dance on and Sharena killed the ninja who already got low HP left after he sacrificed blood for Ursula just like the top ninja in the picture got few HP left after giving HP to the axe knight.   
And no, how could Sharena can be getting killed? I got both Olivia and Julia active in the picture there. I did win this battle

I wasn't saying that you got Sharena killed, but at the time I was wondering how you managed to get that far without getting Sharena killed (killing all those units before they killed her). 

Anyway, I managed to finish the Lunatic map. Thanks anyway!

2 minutes ago, Levin's Scarf said:

I wasn't saying that you got Sharena killed, but at the time I was wondering how you managed to get that far without getting Sharena killed (killing all those units before they killed her). 

Anyway, I managed to finish the Lunatic map. Thanks anyway!

Oh I misunderstood there but congrats anyway. Did you use any calvary, armour or flying unit?

Just now, Hardy said:

Oh I misunderstood there but congrats anyway. Did you use any calvary, armour or flying unit?

Nope. I had a team of:

5* Merric (+Def/-Spd)

5* Julia (+Def/-Res)

5* Sharena

4* Olivia

I got bored and even though I already cleared it once, I decided to set myself a little challange. This time with a full infantry team. Finished with 5*Ephraim, 4*Lissa, 4*Nowi, 4*F!Robin.

It was kinda funny watching the bottom dagger continuously attack the forever healing Nowi and the cav pulling the dagger back as if there was any danger. Ephraim managed to perfectly kill the top dagger with moonbow. This was a fun little challenge. 

Results are in on the Olivia, Sharena, Julia, Setsuna team. Run went almost exactly as I thought it would, the only difference being that I forgot to Rally Setsuna on the 2nd turn lol. Vid in the spoiler, for curious folk.

18 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Results are in on the Olivia, Sharena, Julia, Setsuna team. Run went almost exactly as I thought it would, the only difference being that I forgot to Rally Setsuna on the 2nd turn lol. Vid in the spoiler, for curious folk.

Hide contents

NICE 40+ Olivia, though just the buffs mattered I'm sure. Plz confirm the nature of your Sets and Julia tho? I wanna compare vs my own

20 minutes ago, Elieson said:

NICE 40+ Olivia, though just the buffs mattered I'm sure. Plz confirm the nature of your Sets and Julia tho? I wanna compare vs my own

The Olivia's one of the map ones bumped to 4 star, with 1 merge on top I think =P . Setsuna is +HP/-Def, Julia is +Atk/-Res. I think Julia should be fine no matter what she is, actually. -Atk still 2HKOs Ursula (exactly, as it turns out) and -Res doesn't take damage when attacking even without a merge.

Edit: Setsuna's bane does matter though, looks like she can't have -Atk or she won't hit 32.

Edited by LordFrigid

21 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

I think Julia should be fine no matter what she is, actually. -Atk still 2HKOs Ursula (exactly, as it turns out) and -Res doesn't take damage when attacking even without a merge.

Julia doesn't get a point in Res until her second merge anyways.

49 minutes ago, Elieson said:

42 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

The Olivia's one of the map ones bumped to 4 star, with 1 merge on top I think =P . Setsuna is +HP/-Def, Julia is +Atk/-Res. I think Julia should be fine no matter what she is, actually. -Atk still 2HKOs Ursula (exactly, as it turns out) and -Res doesn't take damage when attacking even without a merge.

Edit: Setsuna's bane does matter though, looks like she can't have -Atk or she won't hit 32.

I'll have this done soon then. Lv40 5* Sharena seems like overkill in your video, and i have mine at 21 right now.

3 hours ago, LordFrigid said:

Should work, something similar has been done with Subaki instead of Stahl. All 3* and not even all 40. 

The map has been done with tons of team combinations, including these units raised from the special maps, so the precise design here really is impressive. The AI, varied movement/skills of the enemies, and the particular wall patterns/breakability also make it more complex than just a simple aggro (for most teams). Hope they keep it up.

Edited by XeKr

2 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'll have this done soon then. Lv40 5* Sharena seems like overkill in your video, and i have mine at 21 right now.

Yeah she's just there for the Fortify/Rally and to survive one round. Even 4* would work for that, and would live on something like 7 HP, depending on level.

2 minutes ago, XeKr said:

Should work, something similar has been done with Subaki instead of Stahl. All 3* and not even all 40. 

Interesting...Hero Battle characters ftw =P . I was just going to use a 4* Stahl I pulled actually.

Edited by LordFrigid