Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

12 minutes ago, Marcodian_Elite said:

Get stuck on turn 2 again lol

Cordelia has 40 health and both daggers do 10x2 - killing her exactly ☹ we gave it a good go lol

Sorry I couldn't be of any help and wasted a lot of your stamina :( 

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

48 minutes ago, Kiran said:

I think you have a solid team there. Eldigan carries this map if you can get rid of the knight and ursula. Plus with a nice calvary team, you should be fine from the daggers. 

Man, he doesn't even care about the Knight lol. The only thing that can kill that guy is Ursula and himself, cuz of Fury.

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

I think you have a solid team there. Eldigan carries this map if you can get rid of the knight and ursula. Plus with a nice calvary team, you should be fine from the daggers. 

Wow you were absolutely right.  I didn't think I'd be able to do it but 1 hour later after the most aggressive grind in history I won.  The true hero was actually Owen believe it or not. She allowed me to catapult Eldigan to Ursla after she tanked one of the daggers.  Then Reinhardt finished off Ursla and the rest was a slaughter (knives are NOT good against calvary). The only thing, Eliwood was completely useless.  He's got great res, but that didn't really come into play and the thieves would still kill him quickly (his def is still only 13...). 

32 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Man, he doesn't even care about the Knight lol. The only thing that can kill that guy is Ursula and himself, cuz of Fury.

I actually didn't use Fury.  Between the daggers auto damage and Fury he would run low on health pretty quick.  W/O fury and W/ Eliwood's buff (maybe he was useful after all) they did nothing to him besides their auto damage.

Unf between Owen and Reinhardt, It's going to be hard to throw Ursla in my team ever.

Edited by Lushen

10 minutes ago, Lushen said:

I actually didn't use Fury.  Between the daggers auto damage and Fury he would run low on health pretty quick.  W/O fury and W/ Eliwood's buff (maybe he was useful after all) they did nothing to him besides their auto damage.

Unf between Owen and Reinhardt, It's going to be hard to throw Ursla in my team ever.

Yeah, the boosts aren't super necessary for this map, but it does make things go faster if you had other units to kill Ursula and the Red Cav. Savage Blow doesn't actually auto-damage the person attacked though, so that wasn't a concern.

Is it ok to post videos of other people's strategies? This one's really good imo, since it uses characters from the rotating events + FRobin and the only ones you really need trained up are her and Subaki. In case anyone's still trying to clear this at the last minute (like me)

Edited by AAurion

Whew, grinding up Setsuna to take out the ninjas was worth it.

Team: 5★ Cordelia(+res/-HP), 4★ Setsuna (+res/-spd), 4★ Nino (+def/-spd), 4★ Olivia (+/- I have no idea)

Started by baiting and counterkilling the bottom one with Setsuna (strengthened with Olivia's Hone Attack). Next turn sent Setsuna up to lure the other one, using Reciprocal Aid on Nino on the way to heal up, and an Olivia dance to get the rest of the way. Cordelia took position to bait the cavalry and Nino moved next to her and out of harm's way. Enemy phase, Cordelia tanked Ursula's hit and counterkilled the red cav, Setsuna wounded the top ninja. My turn, Setsuna finished off the ninja, Cordelia killed Ursula (with Nino's Hone Attack) and Galeforced out of her way so that Nino could kill the knight (with a dance providing a second attack).

Amusingly, Nino being able to fight Ursula herself wasn't even a factor.

38 minutes ago, AAurion said:

Is it ok to post videos of other people's strategies? This one's really good imo, since it uses characters from the rotating events + FRobin and the only ones you really need trained up are her and Subaki. In case anyone's still trying to clear this at the last minute (like me)

Yeah, this vid has been posted twice already, I think.

21 minutes ago, egobarrier said:

Whew, grinding up Setsuna to take out the ninjas was worth it.

Team: 5★ Cordelia(+res/-HP), 4★ Setsuna (+res/-spd), 4★ Nino (+def/-spd), 4★ Olivia (+/- I have no idea)

Started by baiting and counterkilling the bottom one with Setsuna (strengthened with Olivia's Hone Attack). Next turn sent Setsuna up to lure the other one, using Reciprocal Aid on Nino on the way to heal up, and an Olivia dance to get the rest of the way. Cordelia took position to bait the cavalry and Nino moved next to her and out of harm's way. Enemy phase, Cordelia tanked Ursula's hit and counterkilled the red cav, Setsuna wounded the top ninja. My turn, Setsuna finished off the ninja, Cordelia killed Ursula (with Nino's Hone Attack) and Galeforced out of her way so that Nino could kill the knight (with a dance providing a second attack).

Amusingly, Nino being able to fight Ursula herself wasn't even a factor.

Nice use of Galeforce. I believe you're the first one to do so in this thread?

I haven't been leveling up my characters at all, so even getting the 3* Ursula was a struggle!

5* Lv.35 Camilla,  5* Lv. 32 Fae,  4* Lv. 34 Robin, and 3*  Lv.28 Oboro. 

11 minutes ago, boy said:

I haven't been leveling up my characters at all, so even getting the 3* Ursula was a struggle!

5* Lv.35 Camilla,  5* Lv. 32 Fae,  4* Lv. 34 Robin, and 3*  Lv.28 Oboro. 

Oboro for the Rally Defense, I assume?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Oboro for the Rally Defense, I assume?

Yup, my Fae and Robin would not have survived otherwise. Hanging onto that 1 HP...

3 hours ago, AAurion said:

Definitely second a tanky Subaki!! I only got through lunatics because my 4* (+2) has high enough speed to not be doubled by Ursula (I am sorry Cordelia) and took no damage from the ninjas. And Setsuna definitely need 36 ATK or ORKO. Finally got through with Cecilia, Olivia, Subaki and Setsuna. 

Edited by BlacKatz

I used the same strategy shown in that video to clear the lunatic map, the only character that was different was Clarine instead of Lissa. My Tsubaki had 1 defense less, so I did have to heal him a lot more, but otherwise it went about the same way.

Though the battle's over, I decided to be a REAL idiot, and see if it was possible to get Ursula without a single mage on the team.

Neutral Attack/Speed 4* Niles can ORKO Ursula on the level 30 map.  Then, it's a matter of doing the same thing as everyone else outlined (tanky non-infantry unit takes out cavalier, then chases down thieves).

I need a new hobby.

4 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Though the battle's over, I decided to be a REAL idiot, and see if it was possible to get Ursula without a single mage on the team.

Neutral Attack/Speed 4* Niles can ORKO Ursula on the level 30 map.  Then, it's a matter of doing the same thing as everyone else outlined (tanky non-infantry unit takes out cavalier, then chases down thieves).

I need a new hobby.

Huh, that's pretty cool. Is it because of his Glacies activating?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Huh, that's pretty cool. Is it because of his Glacies activating?

Ursula on the level 30 map has 25 Speed.  Niles hits 30 Speed at level 37, assuming he's neutral Speed 4*.  Used Olivia's Hone Atk 2 for enough damage.  Glacies needed to activate for this to work, which Niles can do if he hits twice.  He took something like 8 damage - regardless, Ursula can't kill Niles in one round.

Finally managed to beat Lunatic on he last day

Decided to not use Wrys this time in exchange for Olivia- oh boy was that a good idea (caved in and uses crystals and feathers to level the 2 star Olivia)

Basically Frederick tanked the thief below, then after a Dance, went north to bait the other thief so female Robin would be safe in the corner where she can do initial damage to the armour knight. She them baited Ursula, countering her and killing her next turn (not bad as a 3 star). Her role was done and she just retreated next to Olivia.

Catria was also pretty important to deal with sword cavalier since he would've always killed Frederick or Robin in past tries. After sword guy was gone, Frederically basically just advanced forward to tank the thieves and drop the hammer on the armour knight. Savage blow left Olivia with 1 HP though which was scary.

Frederick is such a tank on wheels which made him a lot better compared to my Sheena. 

So happy i beat this while sleep deprived in the morning, completely made my day after using a lot of stamina potions!

image.png

Olivia was lv 11 3 star, fem Robin was lv37 3 star, Frederick lv38 (thank you 33 Defense) and Catria was lv40+1.

Edited by mcsilas

• 7 months later...
1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

People might not notice since the Tempest is up, but Ursula is actually back, with Infernal! Will update the OP.

I notice

I come

I Brave Royd

#BraveRoyCanDoAnything

For Sharena challenge:

Cecilia move down to bait the Shuriken 1, move up T2 to handle the top Shuriken while having Sharena bait the sword cav and Ursula. Ursula will attack first

TA Cecilia can chip Ursula next turn then snipe with Sharena. The Axe Armor can be handled by Swords. Did it with promoted QR2 Sharena though

I would be able to solo this with Peri, but I need to teach Azura Hone Spd 1 first so Ninian can avoid being double attacked by the Thief on the top right. Unfortunately, Azura only has 10 SP. Maybe I should just merge her already. Or I can just throw her at a pile of red units.

Or upgrade my Speed +1 seal to Speed +2, but I my coins are going elsewhere first.

And then I would need to kite the absurd axe armor for days with Firesweep Lance.

SOMEHOW, despite Hector being the absolute cheesiest thing on this map on Lunatic, they neglected to do ANYTHING to stop Vantage Hector from cheesing this one as well, and decided to put in a Gronnwolf mage despite Reinhardt being trash on this map. Good shit IS.

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

SOMEHOW, despite Hector being the absolute cheesiest thing on this map on Lunatic, they neglected to do ANYTHING to stop Vantage Hector from cheesing this one as well, and decided to put in a Gronnwolf mage despite Reinhardt being trash on this map. Good shit IS.

"Guard on Ursula can cheese bonfire" - IS probably