Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

Cleared the quests with Hector/Zephiel/Inigo on the GHB both times. Zephiel was just a Ward bot- might want to give Ward to someone else, especially if he's getting replaced on the armour team. Though fun times- I found a strat that would've worked if my Hector had Swap, switched, and my final strat would've felt nicer if I had Pivot...

Infernal is posing more of a challenge. I really need to check what nature my Hector is and compensate accordingly. I remember my Hector isn't the best... We'll see.

Also, I didn't realise I wasn't already following this from back when it first came out. Huh.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Took a bit of extra thought and at least one stamina potion, but I figured out infernal. Female Robin still works wonderfully well for taking out Ursula, and with TA3+gronnraven+ the daggers mostly tickle her. My main issue was dealing with the armor axe with wings of mercy, but I just decided to bring Brave Roy along so he and Xander could sandwich female Robin between them so after f!Robin got the second thief below half HP, the armor axe couldn't swoop in to kill her. Xander face-tanked the lower dagger, 1HKO'd the green mage cavalier, and protected f!Robin from the red cavalier. Brave Roy also helped with stuff. Inigo danced.

Without further ado,

ピエリのおもちゃなの!

Okay, that was a lot easier than I anticipated. I still needed to teach Azura Hone Spd 1, though.

+10 Peri [+Atk, -Res] (Firesweep Lance+, Reposition, Draconic Aura, Life and Death 3, Drag Back, Threaten Def 3)
+10 Ninian [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Aether, Triangle Adept 3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 3, Squad Ace A 1)
+0 Olivia [+Spd, -Res] (Dance, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Atk 3)
+0 Azura [+Spd, -Def] (Sing, Speed +3, Wings of Mercy 3, Hone Spd 1)

Drag Back is needed for positioning to keep my dancers safe, and Threaten Def 3 makes the axe armor die in just one turn, even if it's three rounds of combat. Hone Spd 1 on Azura prevents Ninian from being double attacked by the top thief on the second turn.

Imgur link with play-by-play as usual: https://imgur.com/a/fqw9c. Since the turn count for this one was low, I decided to do screenshots move by move.

...You know, something I noticed rewatching my clear... Hector was probaby one of the worse choices for my anti-dagger units. I'm not sure if switching Hector to a red (Black Knight) or blue (Camus) DC unit would change the mounted mage decision making, but I could see them working better with the colour units they face.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

He just needs Vantage and Bonfire.

Ah, mine has Vantage + Ignis.  I assume he needed Bonfire to go off against Ursula?

I did end up clearing Infernal and completing the Lunatic quests, though.  Hector was definitely useful for Lunatic. :]

Oh hey, a GHB where I didn't use Reinhardt or any other cavalry!

So for infernal I used Hector, BK, M!Robin and a dancer (Axura just in case Ursula gets a hit). Only had to put a HP+3 on my -HP Axura because the green cavalier would hit her (and Savage Blow hurts)

Thank goodness for Distant Counter armours. And Triangle Adept on Robin (good thing the thieves don't have Cancel Affinity)

First turn was bait the southern thief with Hector. Then after aggro, M!Robin moves up, BK stays out of Ursula's range while Hector moves up as well. Vantage+Bonfire does its job agains Ursula.

Something changed in my 2nd turn, so I had to dance the BK to move forward and deal with the green mage and the swordie. Then he just laughs at the axe knight.

Okaya back to TT. Will think of the Sharena/Robin requirement another day.

Oh yeah and my Hector is -Def, so Ward Armour from BK plus Axura's weapon buff meant he was still taking 1 damage from the thief on Turn 1.

9 minutes ago, Infinite Dreams said:

Ah, mine has Vantage + Ignis.  I assume he needed Bonfire to go off against Ursula?

I did end up clearing Infernal and completing the Lunatic quests, though.  Hector was definitely useful for Lunatic. :]

Yup, he does. Though I guess you don't need it anymore.

Got the missions first try with a core of M!Robin/Nohrzura/Hector and whoever was used for the mission.

Infernal was beat on the second try with the same core (+Daggerbreaker on M!Robin) and Lissa. Hector is really OP for this map, pretty sure only one unit wasn't killed by him, though Nohrzura had to take a big hit and managed to survive the green mage with 6 HP at -Res. So watch out if you have that nature, and if you do hope the ninja with Savage Blow doesn't attack first.

Edit: @Infinite Dreams He doesn't even need Bonfire imo, cleared with him using Pavise. Though of course Vantage is the obvious B choice as well.

Edited by Dayni

I remember I never managed to clean the original lunatic battle, so I finally could get my revenge todar and feel  good, man.

Needed an stamina potion overal, Lunatic was messy but could do with Xander/PA!Azura/NIno/Lilina. Infernal took me a couple of tries before realising Lilina can almost solo the map. So cleared with QR!Xander, Lilina and two dancers (Lilina and definitely-not-Azura are happily married, so the boosts are crazy). First turn let Xander in the lower ninja area so he suicides himself, second turn Lilina kills the armor, gets danced and enters the mages range. Ursula cannot kill her, Green mage cannot either and dies. Third turn is just Lilina getting danced to kill the red cavalier, Ursula (with Draconic Aura's help) and finishing the ninja. Quick, and easy. no wonders why Lilina is my most reliable unit

Then tried again with just one dancer and with Vantage as B-skill, as long as on player's phase you can take down the armor and cavalier, the rest is just letting enemies come and suicide at you.

Did Infernal easily with QR Xander (DD2), TA Soren (Res+1), DB3 Reinhardt (Atk+2), and Olivia (Fort Res 1).

Xander QR-counterkills the lower thief, Olivia takes a step towards Soren.

Next turn, Soren prepares to bait the mages, while Xander (with help from Olivia) moves to the upper left corner to meet the other thief. Reinhardt retreats between Xander and Olivia.

Green mage and Ursula both get seriously wounded by Soren.

Next turn, Soren finishes off Ursula, Xander (with help from Olivia) finishes off the green mage. Reinhardt zaps the knight.

The cavalier gets hurt by Xander.

Reinhardt zaps the cavalier (maybe Xander can kill him too, no idea). Stage clear.

Then I replaced Reinhardt with Ursula and everything worked the same, except Ursula couldn’t one-round the knight, and so Xander had to take one hit from him.

Cleared Infernal on 2nd try using:

+Atk/-Def Hector (Pivot, Bonfire, Vantage 3, Magic Deflect 1)

+Atk/-HP Amelia (Pivot, Aether, Distant Counter, Quick Riposte 3)

5* Black Knight (Pivot, Steady Breath, Hone Armor, Fortify Res 1)

Bride Lyn (Hone Atk 3)

Heh, beat it with Armor Emblem. Despite being 100% F2P, I wouldn't expect many to be able to easily replicate my strategy. My team was

Hector (+Def, -HP) Vantage/Bonfire build with Quickened Pulse
Effie (+Res, -Spd) Berkut's Lance/DC/Wary Fighter/Distant Defense Seal
Black Knight (neutral) default kit + Vantage
Zephiel (neutral) Brave Sword/DB3/Brash Assault seal

Effie can get up to 51 res if fully buffed, good gracious.

1 hour ago, Vaximillian said:

Did Infernal easily with QR Xander (DD2), TA Soren (Res+1), DB3 Reinhardt (Atk+2), and Olivia (Fort Res 1).

Xander QR-counterkills the lower thief, Olivia takes a step towards Soren.

Next turn, Soren prepares to bait the mages, while Xander (with help from Olivia) moves to the upper left corner to meet the other thief. Reinhardt retreats between Xander and Olivia.

Green mage and Ursula both get seriously wounded by Soren.

Next turn, Soren finishes off Ursula, Xander (with help from Olivia) finishes off the green mage. Reinhardt zaps the knight.

The cavalier gets hurt by Xander.

Reinhardt zaps the cavalier (maybe Xander can kill him too, no idea). Stage clear.

Then I replaced Reinhardt with Ursula and everything worked the same, except Ursula couldn’t one-round the knight, and so Xander had to take one hit from him.

you have become a horse spammer i see

7 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Have become?

dont grammar me plz i'm weak to that shit

14 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Can't do Infernal LOLOLOL

I don't have Hector for this. Xander kills the thieves easily but the problem is killing Ursula and the green mage cav...

Camilla can't 2v1 her and Green Cav?