Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

7 hours ago, Zeo said:

Done with the Abyssal GHBs. Ursula was the only one I hadn't beaten yet. 

I thought, "oh, a clear were Matthew won't get a kill". Of course I was wrong.

I hope Matthew didn't get confused having a twin of his boss around. Both Hectors are really strong, perhaps I should use my legendary Hector from time to time. Glad to see Matthew being helpful with his rogue dagger. Best spy finding the weak spots! 

Congrats completing the legendary set until Wednesday when legendary stuff occupies us again!

(Ursula and Lyn are the Abyssal maps where I'm missing a one turn clear. While I just wasn't motivated to try Lyn, Ursula's map was already crazy to solve on Infernal. Will try again once I get a better Lucina. )

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, eclipse said:

@Zeo Congrats on doing them all!  With his defensive stats, Matthew can take quite the beating. . .so he's an honorary armor?

I wish. He can function without it, but Summoner Support helps his bulk. I'd love an Armor Matthew, even if he loves his 2 mov. Still... a refine would be so amazing. The Rogue Dagger+ effect with a 2nd ability alone would be amazing, but if the 2nd effect was Close Counter it opens up possibilities for disgusting stuff like Steady Stance 4.

@Zeo This is such a lovely FE7 themed clear! (The dude in the black armour is obviously OG! Hector promoted to Great Lord in shiny new armour x'DDD) L!Hector's such beast haha. It got so close in the end when both L!Hector and BK had only once health, but you were only taking 0 damage from the green armour x'D

@Zeo Amazing clear! Nice use of Matthew's debuffs to make his fellow armours stronger!

Interesting to see how even OP armours need his help to tackle this challenge, but it pays off!

Matthew getting the kill was the cherry on top

Edited by mcsilas

• 4 weeks later...

Oof this one was a headache. Free thunder special in a cramped space is not cool and neither is that armour jerk. I had to try many teams and I usually got starting dagger unit and tome cavs. After that there was always too little room to deal with the other units though.

Still finished with a overpowered armour skill, a brave bow and some support.

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Azuris @Landmaster @Nanima @ruruo @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @daisy jane

Old Clears:

Spoiler

An so we've reached the end of the road for Ursula. It's remarkable looking back on my history with this map. The lunatic version of this map came out... at least it might have been a re-run... I don't remember. But when it did I was unable to beat it no matter what I did. It was so early in the game for me I just didn't have the units to beat it. Everyone was saying "Just use Hector." but that was obviously impossible for me at the time. I didn't end up beating it until she came back later on. It's unbelievable when I think about things now. I've pulled five Hectors since then (seven if you count Brave Hector) and I didn't even end up needing him to beat the map in the end. How things change.

It's pretty ironic that things end on such a... rudimentary note. In a contrast to all the strategizing I had to do to beat this map. With Morgan... I basically smashed my head against the map a couple times and it worked with alarming speed. I already had everything I needed to win, it was just a matter of figuring out how to use it properly... at least that's how things usually are. But perhaps the irony has a beauty to it. It symbolizes the utmost triumph. Ha, here I am getting all deep near the end of our journey. Let's keep it moving. 

Goodbye Ursula.

Edited by Zeo

6 hours ago, Zeo said:

Goodbye Ursula.

Yeah, I remember the "just use Hector" approach for this one. BK works also very well, he is used in my auto-farm strat for this map (if someone told me this was possible when this map was released ..., I also failed the first times with my 4* units). 

Amelia is your Hector here, just without DC so you have to put in some work to deal with the poison daggers. Morgan does very well, his tome helps to tank one. For a second I thought Ursula would kill Morgan, just because I have red tome breaker on her and keep forgetting it's not vanilla. 

I though you would let Priscilla or Ninian get the boss kill, for some FE7 vibes, but Morgan deserved it all the same.

Congrats! 

16 hours ago, Zeo said:

@mcsilas @mampfoid @Alexmender @Azuris @Landmaster @Nanima @ruruo @eclipse @SatsumaFSoysoy @daisy jane

Old Clears:

Reveal hidden contents

An so we've reached the end of the road for Ursula. It's remarkable looking back on my history with this map. The lunatic version of this map came out... at least it might have been a re-run... I don't remember. But when it did I was unable to beat it no matter what I did. It was so early in the game for me I just didn't have the units to beat it. Everyone was saying "Just use Hector." but that was obviously impossible for me at the time. I didn't end up beating it until she came back later on. It's unbelievable when I think about things now. I've pulled five Hectors since then (seven if you count Brave Hector) and I didn't even end up needing him to beat the map in the end. How things change.

It's pretty ironic that things end on such a... rudimentary note. In a contrast to all the strategizing I had to do to beat this map. With Morgan... I basically smashed my head against the map a couple times and it worked with alarming speed. I already had everything I needed to win, it was just a matter of figuring out how to use it properly... at least that's how things usually are. But perhaps the irony has a beauty to it. It symbolizes the utmost triumph. Ha, here I am getting all deep near the end of our journey. Let's keep it moving. 

Goodbye Ursula.

Didn't expect to see Morgan taking Ursula herself out~ He once again needed little help from the rest of the team on this one, but they all did get to chip in at the end~ I knew when Ninian attacked the Sword Cav that we'd get an Amelia WOM save for the final kill, nice!~

• 2 weeks later...

Is bumping this okay? I hope it's okay.

Pretty simple clear. I managed it in three turns at first, but then realized I could do it in two with Glacies instead of Iceberg.

@Sasori Since you appreciated F!Morgan getting used in the L!Hector clear, well, here she is again. :v

@Landmaster Since you seem to like watching these things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

38 minutes ago, Robert of Normandy said:

Is bumping this okay? I hope it's okay.

Pretty simple clear. I managed it in three turns at first, but then realized I could do it in two with Glacies instead of Iceberg.

@Sasori Since you appreciated F!Morgan getting used in the L!Hector clear, well, here she is again. :v

@Landmaster Since you seem to like watching these things. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Thanks, you can tag me whenever you want~ Another pretty easy clear for your fliers, I honestly underestimated Morgan, didn't think Glacies would one-shot Ursula~ She usually gets less action in your clears so this was nice~

• 4 weeks later...

@Zeo @mampfoid @Azuris @Ginko @Landmaster @daisy jane

So after getting some beasts in the game, I had a few ideas for some clears.

First is a Canine Emblem team (Wolf/Dog theme)

Team is neutral 4* Lloyd, neutral Linus, neutral Nailah and +HP/-Def Rhajat.

Music is Destruction Maniac from Garou: mark of the Wolves OST.

Lloyd is the White Wolf, Linus the Mad Dog, Nailah is a Wolf Laguz and Rhajat has a Wolf tome. And they show a Black Fang member who uses the Blue Wolf tome the real a thing or two.

-Even now, clearing this with all infantry is still tricky without Raven Adept users. Luckily, Nailah comes with DC equipped but her health does go low too fast with the enemy Savage Blows, so Close Def is needed to survive the melee units later.

-Rhajat however, makes dealing with the horse mages a breeze. In hindsight I want to try no Vantage on Rhajat so Ursula could've at least showed her Blue Wolf tome haha.

-Lloyd was mostly a cheerleading Smite bot while Linus with Darting Stance was needed to keep the top thief busy for a bit.

----

Now moving on from Canines, it's time for Crows and Raven Emblem!

Team is +Atk/-Res 3* Henry, +Spd/-Def Halloween Henry, +Spd/-HP Raven and neutral Naesala Music is Succession from King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

-Yup, you've read that right, it's a 3 star Henry! Even with the rarity, he does his job tanking thieves well thanks to his Raven tome! QP was mostly to make this clear end 1 turn quicker because he doesn't have Ignis at 3 star. Very satisfying to have the final blow.

-I wanted Halloween Henry to have his Raven tome for this clear, but Blade tome was more efficient for the earlier turns so I don't get dogpiled by the enemy in later turns (and I don't have much TA fodder). Still great at tanking things though!

-Raven (with his new wings), uses his Speed to tank but also makes way for the Raven Laguz to shine in later turns thanks to Reposition.

@mcsilas

Nice themes again. In the first one I thought Nailah would do most work, but turned out Rhajat was more of the star. Poor Lloyd an Linus got nothing to do. May I ask why you didn't use Noontime on Nailah, it would have kept her healthier and didn't look like Moonbow was necessary for any kills. But in the end I guess it didn't matter.

The second one was a lot more teamwork, even the little 3* got a kill. Well apart from Raven whose only job it was to get punched in the face.

Good clears, well done.

10 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@Zeo @mampfoid @Azuris @Ginko @Landmaster @daisy jane

So after getting some beasts in the game, I had a few ideas for some clears.

Team is neutral 4* Lloyd, neutral Linus, neutral Nailah and +HP/-Def Rhajat.

Music is Destruction Maniac from Garou: mark of the Wolves OST.

Lloyd is the White Wolf, Linus the Mad Dog, Nailah is a Wolf Laguz and Rhajat has a Wolf tome. And they show a Black Fang member who uses the Blue Wolf tome the real a thing or two.

-Even now, clearing this with all infantry is still tricky without Raven Adept users. Luckily, Nailah comes with DC equipped but her health does go low too fast with the enemy Savage Blows, so Close Def is needed to survive the melee units later.

-Rhajat however, makes dealing with the horse mages a breeze. In hindsight I want to try no Vantage on Rhajat so Ursula could've at least showed her Blue Wolf tome haha.

-Lloyd was mostly a cheerleading Smite bot while Linus with Darting Stance was needed to keep the top thief busy for a bit.

----

Team is +Atk/-Res 3* Henry, +Spd/-Def Halloween Henry, +Spd/-HP Raven and neutral Naesala Music is Succession from King of Fighters XIV soundtrack.

-Yup, you've read that right, it's a 3 star Henry! Even with the rarity, he does his job tanking thieves well thanks to his Raven tome! QP was mostly to make this clear end 1 turn quicker because he doesn't have Ignis at 3 star. Very satisfying to have the final blow.

-I wanted Halloween Henry to have his Raven tome for this clear, but Blade tome was more efficient for the earlier turns so I don't get dogpiled by the enemy in later turns (and I don't have much TA fodder). Still great at tanking things though!

-Raven (with his new wings), uses his Speed to tank but also makes way for the Raven Laguz to shine in later turns thanks to Reposition.

Nailah quite literally ate that Thief. The ladies ended up being the stars here. Rhajat dealt with the Ranged Cavs and Armor and Naliah took the melee enemies. Linus was good keeping the other Thief occupied. Lloyd’s Smite was pretty useful here even if he didn’t much action himself. This one was fun~

"People say I scowl, what do they know?” Pfftt, I love Raven~ 3* Henry, new meta strats right there. Well he surely doesn’t disappoint. While Halloween Henry deals with the first Thief, he tanks the other without any problem, even if he can’t do much damage back~ Naesala’s unbothered by the weapon triangle, he takes down all colors here~ Glad the Henry duo got the last kill here!

21 hours ago, mcsilas said:

This map is hard to crack with only infantry (darn poison dagger), congrats solving it this way. Nice combo in the end to get Nailah and Rhajat into position against the Knight and the Cav. 

21 hours ago, mcsilas said:

All those animals! 

Three star Henry (nearly) killing that poison dagger was great! He even got the final finisher. Also Naesala get's some spotlight. I really want to use him more, but I don't have the right team yet. 

• 5 months later...

Decided to take on Abyssal with Felicia & friends because there wasn't much going on. Needed the Atk + 3 seal, Drive Atk and Spur Atk support to take out the Poison Dagger thief on turn 1 and LH!Azura needed the Darting Stance seal to avoid a double from the other thief.

Spoiler

Edited by Flying Shogi

• 3 years later...