Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

I think Catria won't be helping out too much here. Nino can deal with Ursula, then Caeda can deal with the Armor Knight. I think a healer is what you need, as that lets Setsuna kill both Thieves.

I'll try that out once I have the stamina. I might drop Catria for Nino and Olivia for Wrys/Sakura in another attempt once I train her some more.

17 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

Does Olivia have hones atk +4...

I dont know man.. if you are aiming lunatic w/o any 5 stars... then I really suggest getting all your 4* to level 40 is the best option.

In terms of 4*

Kagero = Nino > Setsuna/Caeda > Olivia (if she has hones atk+4 ... its all you need + dance)

Since Nino can get rid of Ursula and Knight

Caeda/Catria helps for the Cav -- whos ever is better

Kagero and Setsuna helps for the thieves

My 3 star Olivia has +3 Hone Attack, but my 4 star one can get +4 Hone Attack, but my 3 star has more levels than my 4 star one. My Setsuna and Kagero can't kill the thieves in one go. With Olivia, I think it is doable, but I must be the one to initiate on them with Kagero with the attack buff, or else she will get smashed. I also tried using my 4 star Merric as a pseudo-Nino / F. Robin, but it didn't work out

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, dragonlordsd said:

I've 5 starred her, and so far she seems... pretty good? It's really hard to tell. She's slaughtering everything in the training tower, but, so does every other 5 star...

The deathblow/seal resist combo is very effective. That's all I've got to say so far.

IMO if it was Threaten Resistance, then it'd be more helpful in most cases, since the only way you can hit stuff that you've "Sealed Res" on, is if you get danced or get hit first

1 minute ago, Elieson said:

IMO if it was Threaten Resistance, then it'd be more helpful in most cases, since the only way you can hit stuff that you've "Sealed Res" on, is if you get danced or get hit first

It is Threaten.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

It is Threaten.

Oh

In that case, then combined with DeathBlow, it's pretty intimidating then, for single blue magic strikes

Getting pretty sick of these Grand Hero Battles relying on you having a certain unit to have even a chance of beating them. Yet another unit I won't be able to get because I'm not lucky enough to pull Hector or Takumi. :dry:

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

Getting pretty sick of these Grand Hero Battles relying on you having a certain unit to have even a chance of beating them. Yet another unit I won't be able to get because I'm not lucky enough to pull Hector or Takumi. :dry:

People have been able to beat this map without Hector, and Takumi is actually deadweight on this map. Check the OP for a list of recommended peeps; some of them are free.

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

People have been able to beat this map without Hector, and Takumi is actually deadweight on this map. Check the OP for a list of recommended peeps; some of them are free.

Not only are most of those not free (Olivia, Lissa and Wrys being the only ones besides F!Robin, who I always couldn't get because I didn't have a high-resistance unit at the time), but a lot of them depend on having certain natures, and/or are useless against some of the units on the map.

Not to mention, it's random which units start where, and your units will be eating damage, no matter how you slice it. I know this game is partially luck-based, but this feels stupidly dependent on having the perfect team to go in, unless you want to spend all of your stamina potions and/or money trying again and again until you get it right with the units you have.

Edited by Extrasolar

@Elieson Okay I finally got it. Setsuna, F!Robin, Gwendolyn and a healer with imbue.

Turn 1: Setsuna and F!Robin should be able to ORKO both Ursula and the bottom dagger user

Turn 2: F!Robin moves to hit the knight, but does not kill, Gwen moves at the edge of the top dagger's range. Setsuna gets healed.

Turn 3: F!Robin kills the knight, Gwen attacks the dagger and drags back. Setsuna gets imbue healed and OHKO the dagger. The cav should be focused on Gwen now.

Turn 4: Take out the cav.

13 hours ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Setsuna: Setsuna has the Assassin's Bow, which acts like Shurikenbreaker, but without the HP requirement. Despite having low Def, Setsuna's high HP allows her to take one Poison Dagger and survive with health to spare, and doubles back. However, she must have 36 Attack to ORKO (non -Atk 5*s, +Atk for 4*), so consider that. Also, if you want to use her to take out the second Thief as well, a healer will be necessary.

Also I lucked out with a 4* +Atk/-HP Setsuna ages ago and I just promoted Sharena to 5*. Thanks for the OP summary~

Technically, she could heal herself with Reciprical Aid though :D

*Edit* Just saw Kiran's post:

What level would you suggest I drag Gwen up to? I've got an Imbue Clarine that I'm comfortable fielding to test this out

Edited by Elieson

I do like having the Grand Heroes available at different * ratings.  Even if you have trouble with the highest difficulty, you should be able to brute-force the lower * with a team of 40s.  Promoting from 2* to 3* or 3* to 4* is also not as Feather intensive as 5*.

2 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Not only are most of those not free (Olivia being the only one besides F!Robin, who I always couldn't get because I didn't have a high-resistance unit at the time), but a lot of them depend on having certain natures, and/or are useless against some of the units on the map.

Not to mention, it's random which units start where, and your units will be eating damage, no matter how you slice it.

People have managed to win with units like Stahl and Subaki, who are both free. Check out your tools a bit more.

Starting positions are not random. Check the OP.

18 minutes ago, Slimey said:

I'll try that out once I have the stamina. I might drop Catria for Nino and Olivia for Wrys/Sakura in another attempt once I train her some more.

My 3 star Olivia has +3 Hone Attack, but my 4 star one can get +4 Hone Attack, but my 3 star has more levels than my 4 star one. My Setsuna and Kagero can't kill the thieves in one go. With Olivia, I think it is doable, but I must be the one to initiate on them with Kagero with the attack buff, or else she will get smashed. I also tried using my 4 star Merric as a pseudo-Nino / F. Robin, but it didn't work out

like satsuma mention .. see page 1... a certain amt of attack Setsuna + Olivia (hones atk) helps can get rid of the thief in one go.

10 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

People have managed to win with units like Stahl and Subaki, who are both free. Check out your tools a bit more.

I mean, sure, you can theoretically beat it with anything, but I don't want to know how many hoops one has to jump through to do so. Fact to business, you're going to struggle without the exact perfect team setup, which is pure luck if you have it or not.
Literally the only thing I have is 5* Julia, who can survive an attack with her high resistance...but okay, she survived, but can't kill. Cool? 5* Seliph will get one-shot with his pitiful resistance. And I have a Kagero - who is 4* and low level because I literally just pulled her, and without 20k feathers to sink in...what exactly am I supposed to do?

Edited by Extrasolar

15 minutes ago, Elieson said:

Also I lucked out with a 4* +Atk/-HP Setsuna ages ago and I just promoted Sharena to 5*. Thanks for the OP summary~

Technically, she could heal herself with Reciprical Aid though :D

*Edit* Just saw Kiran's post:

What level would you suggest I drag Gwen up to? I've got an Imbue Clarine that I'm comfortable fielding to test this out

Your Setsuna is +ATK! Thats great! Then you have the option of either Frederick or Gwen. Gwen needs relatively high def to live through the dagger abuse though, 33 DEF would probably be the bare minimum. Frederick might be faster. My 4* Frederick was low 30s when I did it. Setsuna on the other hand, needs to have 36 ATK if you decide to go with Frederick as she needs to be able to one turn knock out(including dance) the red cavalier with Olivia's buff.

Edited by Kiran

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

I mean, sure, you can theoretically beat it with anything, but I don't want to know how many hoops one has to jump through to do so. Fact to business, you're going to struggle without the exact perfect team setup, which is pure luck if you have it or not.
Literally the only thing I have is 5* Julia, who can survive an attack with her high resistance...but okay, she survived, but can't kill. Cool? 5* Seliph will get one-shit with his pitiful resistance. And I have a Kagero - who is 4* and low level because I literally just pulled her, and without 20k feathers to sink in...what exactly am I supposed to do?

4* Kagerou can win no problem, no need for feathers.

Seliph doesn't need to fight Ursula, but is good against the Armor and Cavalier.

Do you have F!Robin?

1 minute ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

4* Kagerou can win no problem, no need for feathers.

Seliph doesn't need to fight Ursula, but is good against the Armor and Cavalier.

Do you have F!Robin?

It's more of the problem that she's level 4, and I don't have the shards to level her up to a decent level.

As for Seliph, I'm afraid he'll get killed by Ursula sniping along the corridor before he can get in at all. She one-shots my Nowi already.

And no. I don't. Couldn't get her without a resistance tank.

Does anyone have any strategies for how to beat the Lunatic map if you can't ORKO Ursula? I only have a 4* Nino and 3* F!Robin and they can't do it, and I don't have enough feathers to upgrade either. I have a 5*Kagero that can take out both ninjas and I have a 4*Effie that can tank the cavalier/ninjas and survive a hit from Ursula. But then she gets caught in a bad position with the axe armour or she dies from a second hit from Ursula who is still alive. I can bring in Julia who can tank Ursula/kill the armour, but to do that she ends up in a bad position with the ninjas since I can't kill both with Kagero in one go (takes one two turn from the bait position for the first one to be in a place to reach the second one).

Other 5* that seem relevant that I have is Ryoma, Klein, Ephraim, Sanaki, Minerva. I also have a bunch of healers and a Olivia for dancing.

36 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

It's more of the problem that she's level 4, and I don't have the shards to level her up to a decent level.

As for Seliph, I'm afraid he'll get killed by Ursula sniping along the corridor before he can get in at all. She one-shots my Nowi already.

And no. I don't. Couldn't get her without a resistance tank.

What about your 4*s? Or even 3*s?

8 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What about your 4*s? Or even 3*s?

4*s I have: Clarine, Cordelia, Tharja, Nowi, Merric, Olivia, M!Robin, Cherche, Lon'qu, Fae, Catria, Jagen, Raigh, Gaius, Gordin, Eliwood, Jakob, Wrys, Niles, Sakura, Est, Sheena, Laslow, Hana, Stahl, Subaki and Eirika (and Kagero)

3*s: Matthew, Sophia, Fir, Palla, Azama, Felicia, Sully, A!Tiki, Saizo, Hinata, Frederick, Donnel, Oboro

EDIT: 3* I accidentally left out are Barst, F!Corrin. Henry.

Edited by Extrasolar

Woot! I did it!

Two energy potions got into there, but I stopped counting the attempts.

Team was Frederick (4*), Klein, Eirika, Julia.

There was a weird thing that often tripped me off in various try outs where, depending on the boost Julia had to attack (Eirika +3 vs Olivia +4) and speed (Eirika +4) or maybe some other slight differences of initial positioning, the AI would have the cavalry draw back the lower-left Thief (and I need them NOT to do that if i want to murder him before he murders me) rather than Ursula herself (also she needs to be alive, Nino ORKO her in the first enemy phase with Eirika’s boosts also didn’t work because of that); and also the Armor teleporting could vary (less problematic but still).

Anyway, initial positioning has Frederick baiting the lower-left thief, Julia to bait Ursula. The right draw backs happened (Ursula) and the armor teleported in on the gate to protect Ursula. Klein goes down on the lower left to assassinate the first thief. Then everyone retreats with only Julia and Klein in Ursula’s zone still (I think that was it….) he survives her first blow and finishes her off. Next phase I have him assassinate the second Thief and put Eirika on the front line to take the Sword Cavalry coming in. And then it was just finishing the left overs. Klein offs the Cavalry. Julia starts the Armor, and Frederick finishes him.

35 minutes ago, Eleanore said:

Does anyone have any strategies for how to beat the Lunatic map if you can't ORKO Ursula? I only have a 4* Nino and 3* F!Robin and they can't do it

I actually found I needed NOT to ORKO Ursula and had to not use Nino because of that *points to post just above* in order to finish it. Obviously rest of the team counts.

Using Lyn along with Camilla, Azura and Elise ended up in failure since Lyn could barely damage the Armor knight and even if I killed him it left her and Azura weakened in the range of the thieves assuring a game over.

However, I finally managed to beat the map by switching Lyn for Linde, who could safely take care of the Armor Knight.  Azura was amazing even as a level 33, not only for her Singing, but also for taking out the Sword knight on the third turn enemy phase after Camilla took care of Ursula. 

My team was able to beat the 3* pretty easily, but my units are not the best for the 4*...

Currently going in with Seliph, Tiki(young), Effie, Takumi

My full 5* Lv.40 lineup if anyone has suggestions...

Seliph (+Atk/-Res)
Tiki(young) [+Res/-Def]
Effie (+HP/-Atk)
Takumi (+Spd/-Atk)
Marth (+Atk/-Res)
Lyn (+HP/-Spd)
Erika (+HP/-Atk)
Ephraim (+HP/-Atk)
Hawkeye (+Spd/-Atk)
Robin+2 (+Res/-HP; Atk+1, Spd+1, Def+1)
Klein (+Atk/-HP) (-1HP) - not sure what's up with this one; he is Lv. 40 with 36 HP, but that's 4 points lower than the IV calculator (it should be 37) and his +Atk is only 3 points higher...

Edited by SaMaster14

6 hours ago, Elieson said:

I made a little graph

816ea798ba.png

Take it from me: Takumi cannot carry Lunatic mode. He gets trampled on quite handily. I didn't even use mine because he would die too easily. Camilla is easily a better choice than him.

Hard mode though, Takumi had a gay old time.