Grand Hero Battle Before Dawn: Ursula

SatsumaFSoysoy

55 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Robin does 10 damage. But with cav's aegis pre-charged, the damage becomes 5. Your ignis will add 20 dmg to your second attack. So doing a total of 35 dmg. Not enough to kill it.

Freckle. Then I'll have to see how much damage Oliva does and takes while pulling him in. That sword cav is the only thing making it hard for me.

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For Cecila it depends on her boons and banes and the luck at which points she got certain stats.

Her speed does not matter as she's always doubled by the thiefs. But having high def and atk will matter. She 3HKO's the thiefs at max stats and I don't know how many point below max she can be to still have the same effect.

26 minutes ago, Reloaded said:

What's the lowest level a unit can be to be usable for lunatic? My Cecilia is level 36 right now and I'm getting really lazy with training her.

I personally used a 3* lvl.1 Olivia, but for non-dancers and healers, it totally depends on the unit.

Used this team to topple Lunatic, it was super close at the end since Setsuna and Robin were both <5 HP. Setsuna's been promoted and trained from 3* and was a godsend. I tried using the Eirika/Nino/Lissa/Takumi strategy posted earlier to no avail. Then I started switching things around, remembered Olivia has Hone Atk as well and is better utilizing Dance. Takumi kept getting killed, and I only had a level 1 Nino so in came Setsuna and F!Robin. Elise has the fire kindling balm, so it made sense to use her (her being my only good healer not withstanding)

Edited by silverserpent

6 hours ago, BANRYU said:

Okay, I gave this a shot now that Robin is level 40 (still 3* though) and uh... Kagero can't kill the second thief in one shot with Retribution EDIT: OH I've been using Reprisal, but I guress yo'ure saying use Ret? well that aside, I can't get the positioning right so that someone doesn't die (can't figure out how to get Kagero into position for that thief on turn 3 like you're saying anyway)... having Robin bait Ursula on turn 1 just leaves her in range of the thief with no one to block her from the Cav.

So uh... not sure if this is doable for me ;; at least not with that kit... I'll keep trying but we'll see....

If nothing else, I've got Ursula as 3* at least. 

What's your Kagerou's Bane/Boon again? It was +HP/-Def, right? If so, make sure Cherche has at least Fortify Def 1.

Put your team as Tiki/Cherche/Kagero/F!Robin in that order.

If you haven't figured it out yet, here's a guide (I used Young Tiki because my Adult Tiki is untrained, but same results really):

Turn 1:

Spoiler

At the start of the turn, Cherche should have handed out Fortify Def. Move Kagerou one square down to bait the lower Thief, who she will manage to tank with 2 HP left I believe. Then, move Tiki down to where Kagerou started; you'll need her later.

Screenshot_20170311-125941_zpsad5sao3j.p

The square below F!Robin also works for this bait, but I personally prefer to use this square for the Thief.

Also, note that my Kagerou is carrying Reprisal (2-count), not Retribution. That's because my Kagerou can kill the Thief in one hit, which means Reprisal will be charged for the second Thief. However, yours should only do 38 damage. Shurikenbreaker lets you double, which means you'll hit twice for the kill. This is why you need Retribution, not Reprisal; otherwise, it'll be wasted on the first Thief.

Turn 2:

Spoiler

On the enemy phase, the Thief will kill itself on you, and Kagerou should have Retribution charged up. The enemies start closing in, and Ursula should break the left wall. Move Robin down one square to bait Ursula, and Cherche one square up, so you have space to send Tiki and Kagerou back out of the danger zones. It's important that Cherche moves up instead of having Tiki move back to her starting position.

Screenshot_20170311-130139_zpsdiqyc3im.p

Turn 3:

Spoiler

Ursula should kill herself on Robin.That exchange should leave Robin's Glowing Ember (if you bought it) count at 1, which is great. By now, the Thief should be snipe-able by Kagerou over the wall:

Screenshot_20170311-130235_zpslieik7nt.p

Your Kagerou should still be doing 38 damage, but Retribution comes to the rescue. You suffered 30 damage after Fortify Def 1, so 30% of that should be 9. 38 + 9 = 47, so you should one-shot the Thief. After that, move Tiki in to cover Kagerou. You don't need to move F!Robin at all, but I did for really no reason.

Screenshot_20170311-130259_zps7ati4kl0.p

Turn 4:

Spoiler

The Armor's Threaten Def will go off, but Tiki is bulky, so who cares. The Cavalier will be walled by Tiki, but neither of you will kill each other. The Armor is likely to teleport below the Cavalier, but the only thing it achieves is this:

Screenshot_20170311-130325_zpslpedrz36.p

Your first hit will be tanked by Aegis, but then the second hit will trigger Glowing Ember for that delicious damage. Not that it matters much at this point; clean-up should be quick and painless.

This strategy only really needs 3 people; Cherche is the flexible spot, depending on your needs. If you didn't need the Fortify Def, you could have brought Olivia to speed up turn 3. If you have Setsuna instead of Kagerou, then this spot should be taken by a healer, or some fodder to Reciprocal Aid with.

Hope this helps.

@silverserpent How did you Limit Break your 4* Robin? Also, if you feel like playing the level again for no reason, Eirika/Elise/Setsuna/F!Robin can beat the level with the strategy in this post, but Takumi won't work.

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

@LordFrigid @Kiran

Between both of your help, I was able to beat it :D

Spoiler

Team:

• 5* Sharena Lv31 (Replicated by a 4* Lv 37+ Sharena, would have the same results)
  • 5* Julia +Spd/-Def Lv40 (Replicated by a 3* Lv40 Robin, would have the same results)
  • 4* Setsuna +Atk/-HP Lv 44
  • 3* Olivia +Def/-Atk Lv40

c68c52ec8ca434b2b2a46330a0c3af75.png
https://gyazo.com/c68c52ec8ca434b2b2a46330a0c3af75

I didn't have a headshot for Julia, so I just put F!Robin there instead.

Simple movement patterns. Nothing special. One thing to note is that Julia's unable to ORKO Ursula in this case, so I just hit her down with Julia on Counterattack to bring her to 22.

d9646eda5044778af3b9f8ed1b33e028.png
https://gyazo.com/d9646eda5044778af3b9f8ed1b33e028

HILARIOUSLY, the Sword Cavalier uses Draw Back to pull Ursula downward after her failed attempt at killing Julia, and then the Axe Knight uses Wings of Mercy to port down to where Ursula is.

I follow up with bumping Setsuna up and Recipricol Aid'ing Olivia to heal herself, dancing her and letting her bump up to the northwest corner, then retreat Sharena up one tile and Julia left 2, so Ursula will rush up to her and attack  aka suicide. Axe Knight has to break the wall before anything else happens on Enemy Phase 2, so he's basically stationary

d1ec3f611d4224c4d0ebd9eb01040728.png
https://gyazo.com/d1ec3f611d4224c4d0ebd9eb01040728

Sword Cavalier can't reach me yet, and the thief to the north suicided on Setsuna, so I don't have much to worry about now. I let Cav approach after Ursula dies on the same turn, then place Sharena into the choke point. At Lv 31, she had exactly enough atk to 2HKO via doubling on counterattack. Julia's in position to smack up the Axe Knight with a Hone Attack boost from Olivia, and an extra round for good measure.

f312b9487f70646573d68696214cd60b.png
https://gyazo.com/f312b9487f70646573d68696214cd60b

Goes without saying that with Wings of Mercy and no living allies, you're shafted if you have 1 Move, so as expected, I 2x the Knt twice, for the glorious victory dance and recruitment of Ursula 4.0.

Thanks for your help and patience fellas! Setsuna dealing with the Thieves was super integral, and while I could've probably figured something out with a mage/healer combo, I ended up just testing things out while I had some spare stamina and lucked into this thanks to the silly Axe Knight using Wings of Mercy that I wasn't able to anticipate.

*Edit

@SatsumaFSoysoy Your help has been appreciated by dozens of members, so while I left you out of direct thanks, you deserve a special thanks.

Edited by Elieson
Updated Stats and elaborated on unit movement

59 minutes ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

What's your Kagerou's Bane/Boon again? It was +HP/-Def, right? If so, make sure Cherche has at least Fortify Def 1.

Put your team as Tiki/Cherche/Kagero/F!Robin in that order.

If you haven't figured it out yet, here's a guide (I used Young Tiki because my Adult Tiki is untrained, but same results really):

Yep, that did the trick, much obliged!

Yeah the problem I was having was thinking that I needed to bait Ursula AND the thief on turn 1 x___x not once did I think of changing THAT aspect of my strategy lol. I was getting closer and closer thereafter but didn't once think of changing that part lmao I'm an embarrassment ;;

Super appreciate it, thanks a bundle. I was getting ready to train up my 4* Subaki and try that discount-units method someone posted earlier haha.

Edited by BANRYU

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Yep, that did the trick, much obliged!

Yeah the problem I was having was thinking that I needed to bait Ursula AND the thief on turn 1 x___x not once did I think of changing THAT aspect of my strategy lol. I was getting closer and closer thereafter but didn't once think of changing that part lmao I'm an embarrassment ;;

Mhmm, yup. Just tried that, and killing Ursula on turn 1 kinda makes the choke too crowded.

14 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Any tips for me? Camilla can do a lot, Effie can take a couple of hits but the rest are screwed if the enemy gets in range...

I believe @Raven cleared the map with Camilla, Tharja and two healers? His strat is in one of the earlier pages, like 5 or so. Lilina isn't Tharja, but it might work out similarly.

If that doesn't work, you'll want to look into training up Nino to take care of Ursula, and replace Camilla with the kid. Setsuna can take care of the Thieves, but I don't think you need her if you use Effie. Effie-centered strats usually revolve around a good healer (preferably Lissa/Wrys), Olivia to get the healer out and move Effie faster, and someone else to actually kill Ursula (Nino for you).

Edited by SatsumaFSoysoy

1 hour ago, LordFrigid said:

@Elieson Congratulations! That Draw Back/Wings of Mercy thing sounds hilarious.

It was, mainly because I looked away for that moment then back down and was like "wait what?" I had forgotten that he has Wings, and was more shocked at the knight suddenly being gone from where I looked back to on the screen 

1 hour ago, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

@Elieson Is your Julia +Spd? When I tried to play with Julia the other day, Ursula just used her to get Growing Thunder and ruined my day.

Ya. Her being +Spd has saved my bacon so often from her getting doubled, and I appreciate  it more than I think I would if she was +Atk.

41 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Looks like I'll need some assistance as well :'(

I had a strategy but it ultimately ended up failing because a lack od DEF on Camilla....

Ideas on whom I should use?

Post your Heroes! If you did, please link to em!

Just now, Elieson said:

It was, mainly because I looked away for that moment then back down and was like "wait what?" I had forgotten that he has Wings, and was more shocked at the knight suddenly being gone from where I looked back to on the screen 

Ya. Her being +Spd has saved my bacon so often from her getting doubled, and I appreciate  it more than I think I would if she was +Atk.

Post your Heroes! If you did, please link to em!

I did somewhere, but dont exactly recall where. Good thing I keep track of my heroes in Excel :P

Spoiler
Hero Raritiy Level Boon Bane
Camilla 5 40 SPD ATT
Lyn 5 40 X X
Marth 5 40 ATT DEF
Marth 5 1 HP DEF
Reinhardt 5 40 SPD RES
Takumi 5 40 RES ATT
Abel 4 10 ATT DEF
Alfonse 4 22 X X
Anna 4 29 X X
Camilla 4 1 SPD DEF
Catria 4 37 HP RES
Cecilia 4 23 ATT SPD
Clarine 4 12 SPD RES
Donnel 4 23 DEF RES
Eliwood 4 29 ATT RES
Fae 4 20 X X
Felicia 4 37 X X
Frederick 4 33 HP SPD
Gaius 4 21 ATT DEF
Hana 4 20 SPD HP
Hinata 4 25 DEF ATT
Lissa 4 35 X X
M!Robin 4 40 ATT HP
Maria 4 34 DEF SPD
Maria 4 7 HP DEF
Nino 4 33 ATT HP
Ogma 4 20 X X
Olivia 4 31 X X
Sakura 4 27 RES DEF
Selena 4 23 RES DEF
Seliph 4 1 HP SPD
Shanna 4 1 ATT HP
Sharena 4 26 X X
Subaki 4 24 SPD RES
Sully 4 27 DEF HP
Virion 4 22 DEF RES
Wrys 4 21 RES HP
Azama 3 29 DEF RES
Barst 3 20 ATT HP
Bartre 3 20 HP RES
Beruka 3 23 ATT SPD
Cherche 3 1 RES DEF
Draug 3 21 SPD DEF
Est 3 20 X X
F!Corrin 3 23 DEF SPD
F!Robin 3 26 X X
Fir 3 14 DEF SPD
Gunter 3 28 X X
Henry 3 20 DEF SPD
Laslow 3 24 DEF SPD
Lon'qu 3 24 X X
Niles 3 20 HP SPD
Oboro 3 20 RES SPD
Odin 3 26 DEF RES
Palla 3 11 HP SPD
Raigh 3 20 ATT HP
Saizo 3 21 SPD RES
Setsuna 3 20 DEF RES
Stahl 3 13 ? ?
Tiki (Adult) 3 20 SPD HP
Ursula 3 1 X X
Matthew 2 13 X X
Narcian 2 18 X X
Sophia 2 20 X X

@SatsumaFSoysoy I had F!Robin bait Ursula Turn 1 and destroyed her on the enemy phase, Setsuna wrecked the bottom ninja at the same time since I had her bait it. Starting positions are Elise up top, Olivia below her, F!Robin to the right of Olivia and Setsuna below Olivia. Olivia's hone atk kicks off, move Setsuna to the spot above the solid wall to bait the bottom ninja, F!Robin goes to bait Ursula. In the enemy phase, the ninja and Ursula are both KO'd.

Turn 2: Retreat Setsuna to be beside Elise and heal, then move F!Robin to be below Elise. Dance Elise so she heals F!Robin. On enemy phase, the cavalier will attack F!Robin where she barely survives and Setsuna KO's the last ninja.

Turn 3: Skip healing for now and use Elise to attack the Cavalier, triggering it's Aegis. This let's F!Robin kick off a full powered Ignis. Dance Elise so she kills off the Cavalier.

Last turn is basically kill off the armor as soon as possible. I used Elise to take out it's Pavise and then F!Robin to nuke it with the help of Dance

Edited by silverserpent

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

+Spd is best for Julia, yeah. +Atk is mostly just overkill. It does make her Dragon Fang do crazy stuff, but rarely makes a difference otherwise.

2 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

I did somewhere, but dont exactly recall where. Good thing I keep track of my heroes in Excel :P

Hide contents
Hero Raritiy Level Boon Bane
Camilla 5 40 SPD ATT
Lyn 5 40 X X
Marth 5 40 ATT DEF
Marth 5 1 HP DEF
Reinhardt 5 40 SPD RES
Takumi 5 40 RES ATT
Abel 4 10 ATT DEF
Alfonse 4 22 X X
Anna 4 29 X X
Camilla 4 1 SPD DEF
Catria 4 37 HP RES
Cecilia 4 23 ATT SPD
Clarine 4 12 SPD RES
Donnel 4 23 DEF RES
Eliwood 4 29 ATT RES
Fae 4 20 X X
Felicia 4 37 X X
Frederick 4 33 HP SPD
Gaius 4 21 ATT DEF
Hana 4 20 SPD HP
Hinata 4 25 DEF ATT
Lissa 4 35 X X
M!Robin 4 40 ATT HP
Maria 4 34 DEF SPD
Maria 4 7 HP DEF
Nino 4 33 ATT HP
Ogma 4 20 X X
Olivia 4 31 X X
Sakura 4 27 RES DEF
Selena 4 23 RES DEF
Seliph 4 1 HP SPD
Shanna 4 1 ATT HP
Sharena 4 26 X X
Subaki 4 24 SPD RES
Sully 4 27 DEF HP
Virion 4 22 DEF RES
Wrys 4 21 RES HP
Azama 3 29 DEF RES
Barst 3 20 ATT HP
Bartre 3 20 HP RES
Beruka 3 23 ATT SPD
Cherche 3 1 RES DEF
Draug 3 21 SPD DEF
Est 3 20 X X
F!Corrin 3 23 DEF SPD
F!Robin 3 26 X X
Fir 3 14 DEF SPD
Gunter 3 28 X X
Henry 3 20 DEF SPD
Laslow 3 24 DEF SPD
Lon'qu 3 24 X X
Niles 3 20 HP SPD
Oboro 3 20 RES SPD
Odin 3 26 DEF RES
Palla 3 11 HP SPD
Raigh 3 20 ATT HP
Saizo 3 21 SPD RES
Setsuna 3 20 DEF RES
Stahl 3 13 ? ?
Tiki (Adult) 3 20 SPD HP
Ursula 3 1 X X
Matthew 2 13 X X
Narcian 2 18 X X
Sophia 2 20 X X

Well you at least have F!Robin around, which will help out a lot. If you raise her up to Level 40, she can replace Camilla, and can take care of Ursula easy. How about bringing Frederick along? He can deal with the Armor, and takes no damage from the Thieves. I suppose Marth can help clear out the Sword Cavalier for you later on. The last slot can either go to a healer or Olivia, I guess. There's a strat somewhere on this thread that has Frederick tank the Thieves on turn 1, but I can't exactly remember where. I think if you reference that one, you should be able to clear this map without hiccups.

Also, RIP your Camilla and Takumi lol. Atk Banes :'(

@silverserpent Elise has some damage going for her, huh. That's a nice use of her.

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

+Spd is best for Julia, yeah. +Atk is mostly just overkill. It does make her Dragon Fang do crazy stuff, but rarely makes a difference otherwise.

Well you at least have F!Robin around, which will help out a lot. If you raise her up to Level 40, she can replace Camilla, and can take care of Ursula easy. How about bringing Frederick along? He can deal with the Armor, and takes no damage from the Thieves. I suppose Marth can help clear out the Sword Cavalier for you later on. The last slot can either go to a healer or Olivia, I guess. There's a strat somewhere on this thread that has Frederick tank the Thieves on turn 1, but I can't exactly remember where. I think if you reference that one, you should be able to clear this map without hiccups.

Also, RIP your Camilla and Takumi lol. Atk Banes :'(

@silverserpent Elise has some damage going for her, huh. That's a nice use of her.

Lol, that +RES/-ATT Takumi was the star of the last Grand Hero battle. XD

I'll try that in a bit. (Gotta raise F!Robin, yo.)

What I had before was Camilla, Maria, Reinhardt and Olivia. I'd ko'd 3, but placement and enemy movement prevented me from healing because then Maria wouldve died.

1 minute ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Lol, that +RES/-ATT Takumi was the star of the last Grand Hero battle. XD

I'll try that in a bit. (Gotta raise F!Robin, yo.)

What I had before was Camilla, Maria, Reinhardt and Olivia. I'd ko'd 3, but placement and enemy movement prevented me from healing because then Maria wouldve died.

Reinhardt prolly isn't very good on this map, because of how little freedom you have in movement, so you can't make use of his gimmick that well.

What would Maria have died from, a Thief?

Just now, SatsumaFSoysoy said:

Reinhardt prolly isn't very good on this map, because of how little freedom you have in movement, so you can't make use of his gimmick that well.

What would Maria have died from, a Thief?

Yup. Because camilla had no way to knock the guy out. too far away

@SatsumaFSoysoy I specifically put the default Assault on Elise for the damage in this fight. At that point, it's either you die or nuke the armor ignoring heals. 

@Elieson Setsuna was 3* when I got her and she's a beast now, and the Freddy strat is back on page 2 or 3, I think. If you can promote F!Robin to 4* and power-level her to 38-40, you should be able to clear it. Another thing is to look at the various strategies and see if you have comparable units. If you do, and they're good enough levels, try doing a run following that strat. That's pretty much what I did and made changes where I saw the strat didn't work, but where another move was possible.