Would you buy a Fire Emblem fighting game with this roster?

Dragonage2ftw

Tellius doesn't deserve more characters.

lol

This roster is unbalanced as fuck. Way too many characters from the 3DS parts and no single character from Tellius.
Also I wouldn't buy anything included with Tharja a / o Camilla to make things clear.

BTW we have sth. like this already:

Edited by Magillanica Lou Mayvin

13 minutes ago, Dragonage2ftw said:

Tellius doesn't deserve more characters.

Yo. We can't be friends. I'm gonna have to stop you right there.:mellow:

Revising my score. 0/10. Tellius characters are best characters. /salty

Just now, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

lol

This raster is unbalanced as fuck. Way too many characters from the 3DS parts and no single character from Tellius.
Also I wouldn't buy anything included with Tharja a / o Camilla.

Then your taste in waifu's is lacking.

Become my pupil. I'll show you the way to true weebism.

I mean... I'd buy it to support the idea of there being more Fire Emblem fighting games in the future, but I'd only be buying it in hopes the next one had a better roster.

I mean.... I'd buy pretty much any FE fighting game that wasn't all swordlords, so sure?

But also I'd expect some more variety with the characters available, yeah. 

I don't think the person who made that picture really concerned themselves with a balanced roster, they just took a random assortment of Heroes art and arranged it into a generic fighting game template. I'd have to see the gameplay before buying a game. Super Smash Bros is the only real "fighting" game I play anyway.

1 hour ago, Luninareph said:

I mean... I'd buy it to support the idea of there being more Fire Emblem fighting games in the future, but I'd only be buying it in hopes the next one had a better roster.

Is buying games in the hope that the next game will be something you actually want a good use of your money?

Edited by NekoKnight

3 hours ago, PeaceRibbon said:

Ehh, there's some great characters in there but maybe a bit too heavy on the female characters. Spoiler alert people: there are more guys in the series than just the lords.

I agree entirely, I've decided to take the existing roster that the OP presented and fix it up a little! Warning, the quality is a little iffy because I have the artistic ability of a spoon that has been left for a week in gravy.

047e068953c785f590e99ed357af28be.jpg

That's a decent lineup, Shin, but have you thought about adding Harold into it?  I think he'd add something unique that would otherwise be lacking.

There's not enough representation of the Jugdral and Tellius characters.

The roster seems small anyways.

I like Olivia a lot, but Feena or Leen may be better choices for the dancer representation, since you don't need to reclass them for them to be great combat units.

2 hours ago, NekoKnight said:

Is buying games in the hope that the next game will be something you actually want a good use of your money?

Depends on the situation. In the case of a popular game series taking on a new genre of gameplay for a spinoff, not buying the game sends a message that this is not a desired direction for the series to go in. I would love an FE fighter, so I would prefer to buy the game to say "Yes, this is a direction you should go in, developers," then criticize it loudly and hope other people do the same so a sequel fighter could be done better.

8 hours ago, Shin said:

I agree entirely, I've decided to take the existing roster that the OP presented and fix it up a little! Warning, the quality is a little iffy because I have the artistic ability of a spoon that has been left for a week in gravy.

Reveal hidden contents

047e068953c785f590e99ed357af28be.jpg

Is that seriously Merlinus?

...where do I preorder?

Nope no Tellius or Judgral, very random assortment of characters (like why Effie, Kagero, and Olivia of all people they are not even that popular), and has no villains so yeah it's pretty weak (though there's a bunch of characters I do like I just feel this list is poorly conceived).  Also missing series icons like Anna.

Edited by Locke087