SupahTrainees

Which class?  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Which?

2. 2. Which?

3. 3. Which?

4. 4. Which?

5. 5. Which?

Basara is totally inferior to Omnyoji. The skill is mostly useless for a mage. Healing is more useful than rank E lance.

Paladin and great knight is both good. Usually people go for paladin cause have less weakness. But for Peri is better great knight cause give the growth rate she need more.

Swordmaster is a lot better than MoA but Hinata have weird growth rate while Hina is so squishy that I not sure if get some MoA level to improve her survival ability or direct give her hp boost is better.

Master ninja is stupid. When you attack you have 5-7% to istant kill or reduce stats and hp to OHKO with your next unit. Kaze have crappy Strength so bow will not help him.

Between adventure and bow knight you decide based of what you need more. An extra healer of a more mobile archer.

15 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

Master ninja is stupid. When you attack you have 5-7% to istant kill or reduce stats and hp to OHKO with your next unit. Kaze have crappy Strength so bow will not help him.

If Kaze's strength is really that much of a problem, why recommend Master Ninja over Mechanist, which has access to a strong weapon type as well as giving him +4 Strength? It's not like Lethality is anywhere near reliable, after all...

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

33 minutes ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

If Kaze's strength is really that much of a problem, why recommend Master Ninja over Mechanist, which has access to a strong weapon type as well as giving him +4 Strength? It's not like Lethality is anywhere near reliable, after all...

4 strength will not change anything. Better go for more speed and chance to kill than nothing.

53 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

4 strength will not change anything. Better go for more speed and chance to kill than nothing.

What makes you say that? Because honestly, if Kaze really was that weak, did it ever cross your mind that Lethality might not help? Because the game says this about Lethality (pay special attention to the bold):

Fell an enemy in one hit (the hit must do damage).

Also, I tend to not put any stock in instant kills in games like these because far more often than not, they're useless.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

2 hours ago, SpearOfLies said:

Basara is totally inferior to Omnyoji. The skill is mostly useless for a mage. Healing is more useful than rank E lance.

I tend to make Hayato a Basara when I promote him, just to take advantage of his pretty good Strength stat. It's worked out pretty well for me, as Hayato's high skill means, even if he starts with E rank lances, he does respectable to good damage, tends to double things, and gets critical hits fairly often.

On 3/10/2017 at 7:38 PM, YouSquiddinMe said:

This is hugely dependent on which unit you're promoting here.

Also this. You can't really answer this question in a vacuum...

1 hour ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What makes you say that? Because honestly, if Kaze really was that weak, did it ever cross your mind that Lethality might not help? Because the game says this about Lethality (pay special attention to the bold):

Also, I tend to not put any stock in instant kills in games like these because far more often than not, they're useless.

What point of "better than nothing" you don't understand? Did you understand that I think that Lethality is the best skill of fire emblem? Because I have different meaning for "better than nothing".

Aside if you think that kaze do no damage, how +4 strenght will help him? 

If you rely on instant kill skill, you are crappy tactician. But having instant kill skill make you a crappy tactician? Nope. If you can create a situation when regardless the proc of instant kill skill it's a good outcome for you, I don't see any problem. It doesn't proc? You have weaken enemy you can OHKO with another unit instead using three unit to try kill him or cannot kill him. It proc? You have at least one more unit to use somewhere else.

All your units can easily win 1vs1? Good for you. 

@Extrasolar If you can and want use the physical part, I guess yes. But for a mage part is kind of crappy.

Edited by SpearOfLies

6 minutes ago, SpearOfLies said:

If you can and want use the physical part, I guess yes. But for a mage part is kind of crappy.

I'll definitely agree that Basara's magic is subpar compared to Onmyoji. I just always have an Onmyoji Izana for the magic part, so I wasn't too worried about him having less magic.

1 minute ago, Extrasolar said:

I'll definitely agree that Basara's magic is subpar compared to Onmyoji. I just always have an Onmyoji Izana for the magic part, so I wasn't too worried about him having less magic.

Did you try Oni chieftain? I have lot of fun with Rhajat Oni chieftain.

Just now, SpearOfLies said:

Did you try Oni chieftain? I have lot of fun with Rhajat Oni chieftain.

Eh... I'm not the biggest fan of the class, to be honest. Rinkah herself starts off as mediocre and I just give up training her in favor of units that give me better results. So i mostly just ignore it.

Just now, Extrasolar said:

Eh... I'm not the biggest fan of the class, to be honest. Rinkah herself starts off as mediocre and I just give up training her in favor of units that give me better results. So i mostly just ignore it.

Hayato have oni savage as second class. Rinkah have strange growth rate.

2 hours ago, SpearOfLies said:

3 hours ago, Levant Mir Celestia said:

What point of "better than nothing" you don't understand? Did you understand that I think that Lethality is the best skill of fire emblem? Because I have different meaning for "better than nothing".

Aside if you think that kaze do no damage, how +4 strenght will help him? 

If you rely on instant kill skill, you are crappy tactician. But having instant kill skill make you a crappy tactician? Nope. If you can create a situation when regardless the proc of instant kill skill it's a good outcome for you, I don't see any problem. It doesn't proc? You have weaken enemy you can OHKO with another unit instead using three unit to try kill him or cannot kill him. It proc? You have at least one more unit to use somewhere else.

All your units can easily win 1vs1? Good for you. 

The problem that I have with Lethality, aside from its extremely low activation rate, is that like any other instant kill, the types of stuff that it'd likely be welcome against are the types of enemies that it's least likely to work on. And the types of enemies that I find most annoying are Generals (Wary Fighter), Stoneborn (1-5 range attacks), Berserkers (high crit chance), and ninjas. The former two in particular have high defence, meaning Lethality tends to not work on them anyhow (note where I said that the hit must do damage for it to work, and that shurikens are weak).

It's not just the +4 strength, it's also access to bows. And remember the part where I said stoneborn are annoying? Mechanist also gets a skill that allows attacks to deal effective damage against them.

Fair enough, I guess.

For the sake of sanity I'll keep this short since I'm about to agree with Levant on something.

Mechanist skills are only slightly less useless than MN for 14 levels but that's why you have brofu and waifu. Kaze rolling 2-3 levels of cav tree into mechanist manages to not have terrible damage in BR.

Basara and Oni Cheiftain are legitimately better than not-sage for any unit likely to see EP use. Oni in particular is insane, it's pretty much a general with strong 1-2 and no armor flag. Rinkah's not bad just by virtue of having this class inherently alongside "better Hero"

Edited by joshcja

On 3/10/2017 at 10:58 PM, SupahTrainees said:

The units I'm promoting are

Orochi, Hinata, Hana (Birthright)

Kaze, Niles, Silas, Peri (Conquest)

Alright.

Orochi likes Onmyoji, though you could argue that making her a Basara briefly for Rend Heaven isn't a bad idea. 

Master of Arms isn't very good except for the Life and Death skill (Seal Strength is ok on Hinata I guess) so Swordmaster would probably be better for both of the Samurai. 

Master Ninja is way better than Mechanist, Replicate is good in postgame but in-game it's just alright imo. 

Niles likes Bow Knight for Bowbreaker but Adventurer is certainly not a bad class either. It's up to you here, I personally prefer Bow Knight for him and Adventurer for his daughter. 

Silas prefers Paladin.

I've never used Peri but she doesn't seem like she'd be a bad Paladin either. 

On March 10, 2017 at 9:58 PM, SupahTrainees said:

The units I'm promoting are

Orochi, Hinata, Hana (Birthright)

Kaze, Niles, Silas, Peri (Conquest)

I'd say Onmyoji for Orochi (Basara doesn't offer anything worthwhile), Mechanist for Kaze, Niles can go either way depending on what you need more, Paladin for the Cavs, and leaning towards Swordmaster for Hinata and Hana.