Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Just now, Korath88 said:

I think +Atk -Hp is her best set now. Atk is obvious while -Hp allows her to hit the <50% threshold faster.

I used to be sad that my Lyn was +Def/-HP and not a +Atk or +Spd but now with skill inheritance, I think I got pretty lucky with the IVs :D

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I used to be sad that my Lyn was +Def/-HP and not a +Atk or +Spd but now with skill inheritance, I think I got pretty lucky with the IVs :D

My Lyn is also +Def/-HP. Coincidence?

Just now, Korath88 said:

It was meant to be. As fellow Team Ephraim members, we share a bond.

Also I'm trying to decide whether or not to sacrifice my 5* Seliph to give Lyn Brash Assault. On one hand, I'm honestly probably never going to use Seliph when I have Lyn and Ryoma as superior sword lords. But I still feel bad getting rid of a natural 5*. Should I just wait for a Bartre pull instead?

At least with +Spd, maybe it still puts me in a category the prevents being doubled by certain units O.o

EDIT: or nevermind...just realized there is literally only +Spd Lonqu that can double Lyn and neutral lol

Edited by DevilinXIII

What would be good skills for a +Atk/-Spd Lucina? I gave her Darting Blow 3 from a 4* Tharja I don't care about in order to fix her bane, but what would be a good B skill? I have a 4* Shanna for Desperation 3, but that Renewal tactic mentioned earlier is tempting.

For Julia, would Vantage 3 be useful? She ends up fighting Tacomeat a lot, and I don't really know what else to give her. She's not fast enough for Desperation to be truly useful, I don't have Setsuna for Bowbreaker, and I don't have Subaki for Quick Riposte.

Also, Triangle Adept 2 on Femui (and I presume for Nowi too) is ridiculous. She completely beats the crap out of Falchion users.

7 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

should i sacrifice Adult Tiki for F!Corrin?

what should i pass?

Depends on how you use Corrin.

7 minutes ago, KMT4ever said:

What would be good skills for a +Atk/-Spd Lucina? I gave her Darting Blow 3 from a 4* Tharja I don't care about in order to fix her bane, but what would be a good B skill? I have a 4* Shanna for Desperation 3, but that Renewal tactic mentioned earlier is tempting.

For Julia, would Vantage 3 be useful? She ends up fighting Tacomeat a lot, and I don't really know what else to give her. She's not fast enough for Desperation to be truly useful, I don't have Setsuna for Bowbreaker, and I don't have Subaki for Quick Riposte.

Also, Triangle Adept 2 on Femui (and I presume for Nowi too) is ridiculous. She completely beats the crap out of Falchion users.

- Depends on what you're doing with Lucina
- I'm not a fan of Vantage on Julia, since she shouldn't be taking damage in the first place.  However, if she's regular Taco bait, you can either put a Seal skill on her, or something like Escape Route (bye Cecilia).

Just now, Vaximillian said:

Bonfire or Moonbow for Sharena? Moonbow is faster and removes enemy Def, Bonfire is a bit slower and adds flat 14 Atk unless debuffed.

I would say Moonbow pretty much exactly for the reasons you stated, if Sharena is mostly hanging along the front line.

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

Bonfire or Moonbow for Sharena? Moonbow is faster and removes enemy Def, Bonfire is a bit slower and adds flat 14 Atk unless debuffed.

Personally I prefer Moonbow. Sharena's damage is pretty solid, and for the most part anything that Bonfire kills, Moonbow would also kill. As such, the skill with lower CD wins out. I haven't run any calcs though, so maybe there are units that you OHKO with Bonfire specifically. 

2 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Personally I prefer Moonbow. Sharena's damage is pretty solid, and for the most part anything that Bonfire kills, Moonbow would also kill. As such, the skill with lower CD wins out. I haven't run any calcs though, so maybe there are units that you OHKO with Bonfire specifically. 

Moonbow just seems great in general to be honest, now that inheritance is a thing. It's free damage no matter what the enemy's defenses are, and it's far more universal than Ignis or Glacies, which tend to be better for specific units. And then there's using it with a Killer weapon so that it's always ready after every other action.

Edited by MrSmokestack

Anybody have any suggestions for what to put in the 'C' slot on my +Spd/-Res Seliph? I originally was going to try to boost his speed but that seems like a bit of a lost cause. I'm currently thinking maybe Threaten Speed or Savage Blow. Knocking some speed off or a little extra damage can always be beneficial. ouo

I like how the Moonbow/Luna tree deals more damage in circumstances where you're fighting a higher-Def enemy and therefore more likely to need the extra damage, so I tend to prefer that to the fixed damage from Bonfire/Iceberg.

Which is still better than the Night Sky tree, which add more damage when you're already dealing more damage and therefore probably don't need it. I had my Sharena inherit Night Sky from an extra Virion before I remembered how bad it is, but I doubt I would have put him to any better use and I can just have her inherit something better later so whatever.

Might Glimmer be any good...?? I have a hard time seeing Beruka being good for much and a quick-charge version of Astra seems allright... it's no 2-turn Moonbow, but...

Just now, BANRYU said:

Might Glimmer be any good...?? I have a hard time seeing Beruka being good for much and a quick-charge version of Astra seems allright... it's no 2-turn Moonbow, but...

To whom is Glimmer going to be given?

In any case Glimmer retains Night Sky's damage output (which is low to begin with because it scales off your damage after all calculations) so it's still mediocre. But hey, if you want to use it, go ahead.

1 hour ago, Korath88 said:

My Lyn is +Hp/-Def #TeamLynInTheCut

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

If you have someone with an empty skill and a brave weapon it'll be nice. (I gave my gordin glimmer and it's pretty much gg.)

10 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

To whom is Glimmer going to be given?

In any case Glimmer retains Night Sky's damage output (which is low to begin with because it scales off your damage after all calculations) so it's still mediocre. But hey, if you want to use it, go ahead.

I guess the ideal situation would be someone who already has crazy-high attack power to begin with (and decent speed as well I suppose)... someone like Linde (don't remember if she gets a proc or not) is probably ideal, but specifically I was considering Nino and Cherche. 

@Arcanite Ahh Brave too that makes sense. I've got Abel, might be worthwhile on him if no one else can make proper use of it. He DOES already have Aegis, but it's never felt particularly useful lol. 

So... what I really want to know is what would the IDEAL setup for A!Tiki be, as far as we know....? I was strongly considering making a topic purely for that discussion but seeing as most people are trashing her to get Lightning Breath/+ I know not a lot of people would get much from it lol. But what would be like... the absolute BEST stuff to shoot for? Short-term I was thinking Quick Riposte 1 and Swap from 3* Subaki (gives her a means of ORKOing Takumi during EP and also gives her a positioning skill), but longer-term I don't really know where to start. Presumably Spur Res isn't necessarily worthwhile if I can get something better, but.... question ofc is what. For skill B, Wary Fighter seems like the name of the game, and though Bonfire is pretty good I'm actually wondering if something like Aegis might be worthwhile as a proc (she does a ton of damage with Defiant Atk active and can tank pretty well on the physical side of things, so....)

Edited by BANRYU

9 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

I guess the ideal situation would be someone who already has crazy-high attack power to begin with (and decent speed as well I suppose)... someone like Linde (don't remember if she gets a proc or not) is probably ideal, but specifically I was considering Nino and Cherche. 

@Arcanite Ahh Brave too that makes sense. I've got Abel, might be worthwhile on him if no one else can make proper use of it. He DOES already have Aegis, but it's never felt particularly useful lol. 

So... what I really want to know is what would the IDEAL setup for A!Tiki be, as far as we know....? I was strongly considering making a topic purely for that discussion but seeing as most people are trashing her to get Lightning Breath/+ I know not a lot of people would get much from it lol. But what would be like... the absolute BEST stuff to shoot for? Short-term I was thinking Quick Riposte 1 and Swap from 3* Subaki (gives her a means of ORKOing Takumi during EP and also gives her a positioning skill), but longer-term I don't really know where to start. Presumably Spur Res isn't necessarily worthwhile if I can get something better, but.... question ofc is what. For skill B, Wary Fighter seems like the name of the game, and though Bonfire is pretty good I'm actually wondering if something like Aegis might be worthwhile as a proc (she does a ton of damage with Defiant Atk active and can tank pretty well on the physical side of things, so....)

Ideal set? Defiant atk. Vantage/desperation Spur attack with swap/pivot on Lightning breath with maybe bonfire/ignis

For people transferring weapons, are you waiting to 5* to get access to the + weapon, or are you just making do with the 4* version? Because I really want to transfer certain weapons over (like giving Cecilia Gronnblade or giving Ninian Lightning Breath), but I can't justify raising a unit all the way up to 5* just to use them as fodder. But it also pains me because I know I'm losing out on a stronger version of the weapon :/ 

21 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

+50% damage isn't a ton, even with faster charge-up than Night Sky. It's better than not having a special at all, but consider it in context of the other damage-boosting 3-turn charge specials:

• Glimmer boosts your damage by 50% of your original damage
  • Luna boosts your damage by 50% of your opponent's Def/Res
  • Bonfire boosts your damage by 50% of your own Def
  • Iceberg boosts your damage by 50% of your own Res
  • Draconic Aura boosts your damage by 30% of your initial Atk
  • Vengeance boosts your damage by 50% of the HP you've lost

I'd expect Luna and Draconic Aura to typically be better, and probably one or both of Bonfire/Iceberg as well. Again, it's not bad strictly speaking, but it's a bit unlikely to be relevant compared to the alternatives.

3 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

For people transferring weapons, are you waiting to 5* to get access to the + weapon, or are you just making do with the 4* version? Because I really want to transfer certain weapons over (like giving Cecilia Gronnblade or giving Ninian Lightning Breath), but I can't justify raising a unit all the way up to 5* just to use them as fodder. But it also pains me because I know I'm losing out on a stronger version of the weapon :/ 

I gave Narcian a Brave Axe from my -Atk Camilla4, so I'm here hoping I pull a 5 to make the dream real.

Then I pull one and discover it's +Atk...

4 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I've just been avoiding transferring weapons for that reason. It seems hard to make it worthwhile.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Ideal set? Defiant atk. Vantage/desperation Spur attack with swap/pivot on Lightning breath with maybe bonfire/ignis

Ahh yeah sounds good. Thanks man. So it looks like Vantage is probably the best bet here, although... ooh... I DO happen to have a 4* Shanna... >3> But... if I'm interpreting its description correctly, it sounds like it wants the unit to be able to double, which A!Tiki can't really do reliably (or... ever really, in practice tbh). 

Desperation definitely seems like something useful to hold onto, though. EDIT: OOH. Might be good for Nino....

8 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

In terms of optimization, yeah, you would really want to get the 5* +weapon version. Needless to say, though, this isn't exactly practical for most F2P players unless you happen to get EXTREMELY lucky with your pulls, so much so that you can either afford to blow 20k feathers upgrading someone for fodder OR even that you pull someone usable off the bat. 

For the most part, I'm doing my best to work with what I've got in terms of weapons. Swapping weaps seems like more of a whale thing to me. 

4 minutes ago, Othin said:

+50% damage isn't a ton, even with faster charge-up than Night Sky. It's better than not having a special at all, but consider it in context of the other damage-boosting 3-turn charge specials:

• Glimmer boosts your damage by 50% of your original damage
  • Luna boosts your damage by 50% of your opponent's Def/Res
  • Bonfire boosts your damage by 50% of your own Def
  • Iceberg boosts your damage by 50% of your own Res
  • Draconic Aura boosts your damage by 30% of your initial Atk
  • Vengeance boosts your damage by 50% of the HP you've lost

I'd expect Luna and Draconic Aura to typically be better, and probably one or both of Bonfire/Iceberg as well. Again, it's not bad strictly speaking, but it's a bit unlikely to be relevant compared to the alternatives.

I see... put that way, it does sort of seem like the Night Sky tree is the worst of them in general. Unfortunate. =3=

Edited by BANRYU

Is it worth giving Ninian Lightning Breath+? What skills are most useful on her? Also, I just got Rebecca, who I am definitely not using. However, she has some interesting skills like Seal Attack and Darting Blow. What kind of unit would Seal Attack be good for? A tank?