Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Anyway has a good build for Takumi? Gave him Vantage+3 last night, not sure what C-support he should have. The -7 damage after hitting seems nice, seeing how enemies tend to swarm.

Also considering giving Camilla a complete make-over. Does she really need that Brave Axe+? Won't a Hammer+ help her out more often? He speed seems plenty to double anyway (especially with the +5). Not sure what A and B skill to watch out for.

Anyone else, like me, wasted some Lon'Qu unit by merging them? I used my Lon'Qu +3... Wish we could "de-merge" them, that would've been helpful XD

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

X9gVqb.png
faoQzl.png
aBvslY.png
Ylk01E.png

zXZUTS.png
She needs it to have to proc almost immediately and it is just plain fitting to her character.
lG0nqh.png
Ltr2pr.png

Azura

tKdxuN.png

Getting Noontime soon for longevity.
3ghFLE.png

Done!
OHB428.png

Sames for Effie.
7xu0Pp.png
tLZgFv.png

To taste his heroism. XD

ik2ihY.png
pmIvXJ.png
She's set. Just needs Noontime now.
2Nj4KK.png
5Zfo8p.png

Needed to lower her cool down of Luna.
09d65A.png

Mega Healer.
fKVBtv.png

A must for all healers.

Arthur and few characters

Edited by PuffPuff

My Lv.40 5* -Atk +Res Hector is currently sitting on 106 SP, and he still needs to unlock Draw Back, Pavise, and Vantage 3. That's 725 SP in total. Only 619 SP needed now, and with 3 SP earned per battle (or is it per kill?) that will take... a long time.

My Nino sits on 12 SP after just spending 300 on Moonbow. Just need to scrape 180 SP together to teach her Defiant Atk 1 and 2. It should prove to be more useful than Resistance +3. Still looking for a good B-skill to give to Nino. Any suggestions?

My Eirika now also has Glacies, and Resistance +1 as an A-skill filler. Any better suggestions for her?

Almost forgot about my 4* Effie. She still needs 216 SP more for Bonfire, another 200 for Death Blow 3, and another 75 SP for Spur Def 1 as a C-skill filler.

Edited by Raven

3 minutes ago, Raven said:

My Lv.40 5* -Atk +Res Hector is currently sitting on 106 SP, and he still needs to unlock Draw Back, Pavise, and Vantage 3. That's 725 SP in total. Only 619 SP needed now, and with 3 SP earned per battle (or is it per kill?) that will take... a long time.

My Nino sits on 12 SP after just spending 300 on Moonbow. Just need to scrape 180 SP together to teach her Defiant Atk 1 and 2. It should prove to be more useful than Resistance +3. Still looking for a good B-skill to give to Nino. Any suggestions?

My Eirika now also has Glacies, and Resistance +1 as an A-skill filler. Any better suggestions for her?

The go-to A skill is Fury, but I would also suggest Triangle Adept. Her offenses are mediocre since she is mostly a support unit, so these two are relatively budget.

Beware Fury raising your team's stat total should you use it, however.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

The go-to A skill is Fury, but I would also suggest Triangle Adept. Her offenses are mediocre since she is mostly a support unit, so these two are relatively budget.

Beware Fury raising your team's stat total should you use it, however.

Fury should be used on characters to having skills that are needed to have lower HP to use. Like Vengeance.

8 hours ago, Katrisa said:

Thanks for the response... I hate that your answers are what I knew.. that makes me so sad.  They need to fix that soon.  Talk about terrible.   I'm finding some of my plots ground to a halt due to this.  It wouldn't be so bad but some characters have vast amounts of extra points (like native 5 stars) while some who leveled rapidly on higher level kills have very few points.   I'll have to keep this in mind in the future while leveling to pad their points some.

Actually that's really dumb that you can pad their points at low levels but not at high... talk about illogical design.

It takes a while, but this game is pretty grindy. It's annoying that it can be possible to miss out on opportunities to rack up more points, but other than that, it's just like every other feature. I don't expect any changes: if you want to learn lots of skills, you have to grind for them one way or another.

Perhaps with the next event, or when they do the April update, they'll do an SP boost, similar to the exp one right now. It would just seem kind of fitting to follow up skill inheritance. Either way, it truly is suffering right now. I'm working on making my Peri better and I need a hell of a lot of SP for Moonbow + pre-rq, a support skill and her new B slot skill, all 3 ranks. Running one of the top stratums and usually getting 2-3 kills on her on a good run, meaning about 6-9 SP every 9 stamina... Figures I blew a bunch of stamina potions just before the exp event while trying to level up the few 5* units I got while failing to roll Effie last banner.

I'm building an arena team but I'm really unsure about which skills to use (there are so many and I'm afraid of "wasting" units to inherit them).

My team so far consists of Hector, Effie, Tharja, and either Lucius or Nino.

Spoiler

Hector

A: Distant Counter

B: Vantage 3

C: Goad Armor

Support: Pivot

Special: Pavise

Effie

A: Death Blow 3

B: Wary Fighter 3

C: Threaten Defense 2 (???)

Support: Smite

Special: Noontime

Tharja

A: Darting Blow 3

B: Bowbreaker / Desperation 3 / Seal Speed (???) (Not sure about this one)

C: Spur Res 3 / Hone Attack 2 (???)

Support: Rally Attack / Rally Resistance (???)

Special: Vengeance

Lucius

A: HP +5 (???) (There are probably better skills...)

B: Seal Attack 2

C: ???

Support: Physic

Special: Imbue

Currently Lucius has Pain, but I might change it to Fear. Then I'd have Skill Slot B open again, but I wouldn't know what to put there. Possibly Live to Serve?

As for Nino, mine is currently 3* and I'm training her up. Does she have synergy on this team or would Lucius fit better?

Any suggestions for the skills that I'm not sure of?

1 hour ago, Tragonight said:

I'm building an arena team but I'm really unsure about which skills to use (there are so many and I'm afraid of "wasting" units to inherit them).

My team so far consists of Hector, Effie, Tharja, and either Lucius or Nino.

Reveal hidden contents

Hector

A: Distant Counter

B: Vantage 3

C: Goad Armor

Support: Pivot

Special: Pavise

Effie

A: Death Blow 3

B: Wary Fighter 3

C: Threaten Defense 2 (???)

Support: Smite

Special: Noontime

Tharja

A: Darting Blow 3

B: Bowbreaker / Desperation 3 / Seal Speed (???) (Not sure about this one)

C: Spur Res 3 / Hone Attack 2 (???)

Support: Rally Attack / Rally Resistance (???)

Special: Vengeance

Lucius

A: HP +5 (???) (There are probably better skills...)

B: Seal Attack 2

C: ???

Support: Physic

Special: Imbue

Currently Lucius has Pain, but I might change it to Fear. Then I'd have Skill Slot B open again, but I wouldn't know what to put there. Possibly Live to Serve?

As for Nino, mine is currently 3* and I'm training her up. Does she have synergy on this team or would Lucius fit better?

Any suggestions for the skills that I'm not sure of?

As awesome as Nino is, Lucius might be the better pick here, given that you have two units who have skills that depend on how high their HP is. Since that team has no natural buffs, I'm guessing that it relies pretty heavily on the armors to carry the match (as opposed to -blade tome nuking). Unfortunately switching in Nino for Tharja would mess up the color balance, which is unfortunate since it would let you put a more potent 1-range heal on Lucius, then just use Nino's Draw Back to get him out of range.

Along those lines, I'd recommend something like:

• Positioning skill for Tharja. You could go Lucius Heal → Tharja Swap, or you could run Reposition/Draw Back instead. On one hand, Swap is always usable, whereas Reposition & Draw Back require an open space behind the user. On the other hand, Swap puts you on the line of fire, and blocks Lucius from healing on the next turn.
  • idk about Tharja's B. Desperation wouldn't be bad if you can get her to survive a hit. I'm personally running a Nino with Vantage, but the team is built around her, so she actually does one-shot the two-rangers that I can leave her in the range of without having her die horribly.
  • Spur Res should be fine for Tharja, especially if you go the Swap route (she'll end up next to whatever armor Lucius healed afterward).
  • Stronger 1-range heal for Lucius, unless Physic is enough to get your armors to make the HP thresholds? Maybe also look into Wrys' skills. There are some cooldown issues there, but it's worth checking out.
  • For Lucius' A...you'd have to look at thresholds. Whatever boosts his survivability the most.
  • Lucius' B should be Live to Serve or Wings of Mercy imo. Wings of Mercy is probably more relevant for the team you're running.
  • Hone Atk for Lucius, Hone Spd or Fortify Def/Res for Effie. This will let you take advantage of Tharja's -blade tome.
  • You should totally give Effie a Brave Lance
Edited by LordFrigid

28 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

As awesome as Nino is, Lucius might be the better pick here, given that you have two units who have skills that depend on how high their HP is. Since that team has no natural buffs, I'm guessing that it relies pretty heavily on the armors to carry the match (as opposed to -blade tome nuking). Unfortunately switching in Nino for Tharja would mess up the color balance, which is unfortunate since it would let you put a more potent 1-range heal on Lucius, then just use Nino's Draw Back to get him out of range.

Along those lines, I'd recommend something like:

• Positioning skill for Tharja. You could go Lucius Heal → Tharja Swap, or you could run Reposition/Draw Back instead. On one hand, Swap is always usable, whereas Reposition & Draw Back require an open space behind the user. On the other hand, Swap puts you on the line of fire, and blocks Lucius from healing on the next turn.
  • Stronger 1-range heal for Lucius, unless Physic is enough to get your armors to make the HP thresholds? Maybe also look into Wrys' skills. There are some cooldown issues there, but it's worth checking out.
  • Hone Atk for Lucius, Hone Spd or Fortify Def/Res for Effie. This will let you take advantage of Tharja's -blade tome.
  • Spur Res should be fine for Tharja, especially if you go the Swap route (she'll end up next to whatever armor Lucius healed afterward).
  • For Lucius' A...you'd have to look at thresholds. Whatever boosts his survivability the most.
  • Lucius' B should be Live to Serve or Wings of Mercy imo. Wings of Mercy is probably more relevant for the team you're running.
  • idk about Tharja's B. Desperation wouldn't be bad if you can get her to survive a hit. I'm personally running a Nino with Vantage, but the team is built around her, so she actually does one-shot the two-rangers that I can leave her in the range of without having her die horribly.
  • You should totally give Effie a Brave Lance

I'll respond to the bullet points in order.

• I'll try Swap on Tharja, but do you know if the AI is capable of using it in that way?
  • I was thinking Physic for the consistent healing and keeping Lucius at a safe distance, but now that I think about it, you're right, Physic's healing isn't really much, and tome nukers will shut down my tanks relatively easy. If I give Rehabilitate to Lucius, should I keep Imbue on him or replace it with something like Kindle-Fire Balm, or even Heavenly Light?
  • I'll try Fortify Res on Effie and Spur Res on Tharja, thanks.
  • Live to Serve would increase his ability to survive, but most of the time healers die in one round if the enemy can get to them anyway, so it's probably not viable. I have a limited supply of Wings of Mercy, and I was planning to put one on a dancer, but unfortunately I didn't roll any non-Olivia ones yet. Since the armored knights only have 1 movement, wouldn't Wings of Mercy be a little pointless for Lucius? Unless the map separates them, he should be able to keep up with them... Speaking of the map, did I position my units correctly? I wanted to take advantage of Hector's Goad Armor, so I put Effie in slot 2, with Tharja in 3 and Lucius in 4. Some arena maps separate 1+2 and 3+4, but I was hoping that Lucius would just be able to stay near the armored knights to heal them.
  • I don't want to part with my 5* Abel, he was the second 5* that I pulled :(
Edited by Tragonight

5 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

• I'll try Swap on Tharja, but do you know if the AI is capable of using it in that way?
  • I was thinking Physic for the consistent healing and keeping Lucius at a safe distance, but now that I think about it, you're right, Physic's healing isn't really much, and tome nukers will shut down my tanks relatively easy. If I give Rehabilitate to Lucius, should I keep Imbue on him or replace it with something like Kindle-Fire Balm?
  • Live to Serve would increase his ability to survive, but most of the time healers die in one round if the enemy can get to them anyway, so it's probably not viable. I have a limited supply of Wings of Mercy, and I was planning to put one on a dancer, but unfortunately I didn't roll any non-Olivia ones yet. Since the armored knights only have 1 movement, wouldn't Wings of Mercy be a little pointless for Lucius? Unless the map separates them, he should be able to keep up with them... Speaking of the map, did I position my units correctly? I wanted to take advantage of Hector's Goad Armor, so I put Effie in slot 2, with Tharja in 3 and Lucius in 4. Some arena maps separate 1+2 and 3+4, but I was hoping that Lucius would just be able to stay near the armored knights to heal them.

If your healers are too squishy, consider giving 1-2 of your units reciprocal aid. In any arena fight, there should be 1-2 units that are great, and 1-2 units that don't do much, and reciprocal aid let's you fully heal the 'carries' in return for damaging the units that don't do much.

31 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

• I was thinking Physic for the consistent healing and keeping Lucius at a safe distance, but now that I think about it, you're right, Physic's healing isn't really much, and tome nukers will shut down my tanks relatively easy. If I give Rehabilitate to Lucius, should I keep Imbue on him or replace it with something like Kindle-Fire Balm, or even Heavenly Light?

Aw nuts, I tried to swap the points around for better coherence. Guess I was too late. Anyways...

I don't think the AI does it like that. In fact, it would almost certainly elect to Swap Tharja to the front line, which is basically the opposite of what you want. On the other hand, it's really easy to deal with AI Hectors and Effies as long as you have the tools so...idk. I'd personally only concern myself with the player-controlled aspects of your skill lineup. However, if it's a sticking point for you, you'll probably want Draw Back. I hate it when a strong mage (or two-range in general) gets stuck behind a one-range enemy myself, and Draw Back should ensure Tharja's always behind something (unless the AI decides to do something nutty like drag the armor from the front...I've never seen that though so I'm not sure if that even happens).

I suppose a low movement team focused on armors wouldn't get split up much...but you never know. It all kind of depends on the situation, really. Unless you plan on keeping him in a spot where he'll get hit, you won't get much out of Live to Serve anyway, so I'd say it's nice to have the option.

I'm not really in a position to advise on the positioning, admittedly. I don't really have experience running a team like that, sorry =( .

Edited by LordFrigid

9 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Aw nuts, I tried to swap the points around for better coherence. Guess I was too late. Anyways...

I don't think the AI does it like that. In fact, it would almost certainly elect to Swap Tharja to the front line, which is basically the opposite of what you want. On the other hand, it's really easy to deal with AI Hectors and Effies as long as you have the tools so...idk. I'd personally only concern myself with the player-controlled aspects of your skill lineup. However, if it's a sticking point for you, you'll probably want Draw Back. I hate it when a strong mage (or two-range in general) gets stuck behind a one-range enemy myself, and Draw Back should ensure Tharja's always behind something (unless the AI decides to do something nutty like drag the armor from the front...I've never seen that though so I'm not sure if that even happens).

I suppose a low movement team focused on armors wouldn't get split up much...but you never know. It all kind of depends on the situation, really. Unless you plan on keeping him in a spot where he'll get hit, you won't get much out of Live to Serve anyway, so I'd say it's nice to have the option.

I'm not really in a position to advise on the positioning, admittedly. I don't really have experience running a team like that, sorry =( .

I was planning to build my arena team to optimize for defense, since I can usually beat opposing enemy teams with any combination of the best units that I have (usually due to typical AI stupidity). If the AI decides to Swap Tharja to the front lines... then that makes it a lot less appealing, lol. If I use Draw Back, I'd have to put it on a unit other than Tharja, right? The knights only have 1 movement, and I originally wanted Pivot on Hector, with Reciprocal Aid on Effie (thanks @DehNutCase). Lucius is a healer and he needs to be useful, so I can't put it on him either. I only have an open skill slot for Tharja.

Position to advise on the positioning... I see what you did there. Any help or response is appreciated.

@Tragonight Oh, didn't realize this was to try and optimize defense. Hm...you wouldn't need Draw Back on Tharja in that case. I'm not sure if you'd even want it, because she'd probably be drawing back Effie or Lucius. Since Hector would probably be Pivoting around Effie most of the time, if Tharja used Draw Back on Effie afterward Hector would basically be sitting out awkwardly all alone. Also worth noting that Effie's probably not going to get the Goad Armor effect at all, since with Hector on the front line he's dying first.

tbh for a defense strat I'd try to order it in such a way that Tharja gets stuck behind Hector. That way, Tharja can run cleanup after the enemy kills Hector. You might also want to grab that Nino, I can't imagine many people having trouble with AI Lucius. Dancers/Singers mess with people too, but I'm not sure about the pros/cons of running a lower level one in the current rating-based matchup system (which is going to end up changing anyway).

Edited by LordFrigid

2 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Since I gave my Reinhardt Escape Route, would it be more beneficial to give him fury or death blow?

I say death blow since Reinhardt's main role is to be a player phase nuke, which death blow helps far more with. 

5 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Since I gave my Reinhardt Escape Route, would it be more beneficial to give him fury or death blow?

Fury seem a little overkill. Death blow all the way. He goes from crazy to psychotic with death blow.

I got a -HP +Def (this time actually checked) Matthew, and I have the ability to get him Bonfire. Should I, or should I wait until I get a different sacrifice? (I have Defiant Def 3 from Chrom, so Bonfire looks good)

Edited by InigoPadalin

36 minutes ago, InigoPadalin said:

I got a -HP +Def (this time actually checked) Matthew, and I have the ability to get him Bonfire. Should I, or should I wait until I get a different sacrifice? (I have Defiant Def 3 from Chrom, so Bonfire looks good)

I don't even think Matthew is even worthwhile, but you're wasting his rogue dagger by giving him defiant defense, assuming you're getting him to 5 stars. But even at 4 stars, rogue dagger already gives him +3 defense, defiance gives him 7. They don't stack if that's what you were thinking so you should re-think putting defiant defense on him. Bonfire is pretty disgusting though, so definitely use that.

Edited by Arcanite

I plan on using Jaffar's Deathly Dagger or Felicia's Silver Dagger, to explain it. Also, I'm actually going to use something to replace Hone Spd on him, and I'm going to try using him. Thx for the advice tho, I am going to use it then.

Does anyone knows a good skillset for a buffbot Eirika? I already gave her Renewal and I am planning to give her Rally Defense.

9 hours ago, Raven said:

For Nino B Skill Desperation is a nice option if it stacks with Defiant Atk.

7 minutes ago, L9999 said:

Does anyone knows a good skillset for a buffbot Eirika? I already gave her Renewal and I am planning to give her Rally Defense.

If you kept Drag Back, I would have recommended Armored Blow to help her survive attacking and dragging back melee victims characters. 

Since you have Renewal though, I assume your main concern is survivability, so any of the A-slot passives that raise her survivability like HP +5, Def +3, or Res +3.

Fury is also a good option that boosts her survivability (well, her everything, really) that also has synergy with Renewal (healing offsets passive Fury damage).

9 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you kept Drag Back, I would have recommended Armored Blow to help her survive attacking and dragging back melee victims characters. 

Since you have Renewal though, I assume your main concern is survivability, so any of the A-slot passives that raise her survivability like HP +5, Def +3, or Res +3.

Fury is also a good option that boosts her survivability (well, her everything, really) that also has synergy with Renewal (healing offsets passive Fury damage).

Since I use Eirika to buff Nino and maybe kill a dude, Fury sounds nice. 

Got a Jaffar while trying to roll for Ninian. Can't complain since I got next season covered, technically. I'm outfitting his skillset to best support Nino, partially because lore and partially because, well, time to buff the fuck out of Nino. She's potentially hitting like, 70 atk here. That's pretty huge.

Anyone have any good B-slot ideas for him, though? 

Edited by Thor Odinson

Since I got a focus dancer in my most recent pull, I will probably have her inherit Hone Attack so I can run Klein again next season. However, I'm at a loss for what Assist Klein should inherit, if any. Specifically, I'm trying to choose between Reciprocal Aid and Draw Back. Draw Back is a popular pick and it works well in Dancer teams as it allows you to play passively, but my team has no source of healing and I'm rather curious to see how effective burst healing from Aid would be, since ideally Klein should never be getting hit.

Which one do you guys prefer? Or is there another Assist skill I should consider instead?