Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Since I got a focus dancer in my most recent pull, I will probably have her inherit Hone Attack so I can run Klein again next season. However, I'm at a loss for what Assist Klein should inherit, if any. Specifically, I'm trying to choose between Reciprocal Aid and Draw Back. Draw Back is a popular pick and it works well in Dancer teams as it allows you to play passively, but my team has no source of healing and I'm rather curious to see how effective burst healing from Aid would be, since ideally Klein should never be getting hit.

Which one do you guys prefer? Or is there another Assist skill I should consider instead?

I personally prefer the utility of Draw Back (especially with a dancer), but that's just me.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Got a Jaffar while trying to roll for Ninian. Can't complain since I got next season covered, technically. I'm outfitting his skillset to best support Nino, partially because lore and partially because, well, time to buff the fuck out of Nino. She's potentially hitting like, 70 atk here. That's pretty huge.

Anyone have any good B-slot ideas for him, though? 

Maybe red tomebreaker or swordbreaker to help cover reds and protect Nino?

17 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Since I got a focus dancer in my most recent pull, I will probably have her inherit Hone Attack so I can run Klein again next season. However, I'm at a loss for what Assist Klein should inherit, if any. Specifically, I'm trying to choose between Reciprocal Aid and Draw Back. Draw Back is a popular pick and it works well in Dancer teams as it allows you to play passively, but my team has no source of healing and I'm rather curious to see how effective burst healing from Aid would be, since ideally Klein should never be getting hit.

Which one do you guys prefer? Or is there another Assist skill I should consider instead?

I would pick something that complements your team, for example smite is fantastic if you have armored units, or even if you want to give infantry a little boost to their movement range, but is better suited for more aggressive play.

And you did say you wanted to be more passive, I would think you only ought to use Reciprocal Aid once in a match, so if you're passive enough to have a match last longer than needing one full heal I'd say take Draw Back over Reciprocal Aid, but if you're going to try and end matches quickly I'd take Reciprocal Aid as a quick boost to keep fighting.

I've seen a bunch of people put Moonbow on Azura, but I have to wonder -- is Moonbow really that helpful? Yes, it activates almost every round of combat (since Azura's speed is high enough to double most units), but it usually adds something like 6-8 damage. How often does that 6-8 damage actually let her ORKO when she couldn't before?

Looking for a few assist skill second opinions.

What are some thoughts for Peri's? I was considering Draw Back since the reach with her cavalry movement to perform clutch saves seemed like a good mix. I also am considering it for Tharja, since I heard that people liked Nino's Draw Back for a while now. I have an Erika who will likely get Rally Defense, so she'll mainly be be Tharja's buffbot.

I put Vantage on my Takumi already, so is Reciprocal aid to get in vantage range at will just a meme or would that be a worthwhile choice? Nothing else stands out to me too much for him, though, but I don't know if I see Reciprocal aid getting much use either.

30 minutes ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

I would pick something that complements your team, for example smite is fantastic if you have armored units, or even if you want to give infantry a little boost to their movement range, but is better suited for more aggressive play.

And you did say you wanted to be more passive, I would think you only ought to use Reciprocal Aid once in a match, so if you're passive enough to have a match last longer than needing one full heal I'd say take Draw Back over Reciprocal Aid, but if you're going to try and end matches quickly I'd take Reciprocal Aid as a quick boost to keep fighting.

Specifically, the team I ran last season was Ephraim / Lucina / Olivia / Klein, so all infantry. I like the synergy between the three since Ephraim serves as the tank while both he and Lucina's auras set Klein up for kills.

Aside from that, Draw Back seems like a no-brainer the more I think about it; my Klein is -HP, so some of that potential healing would end up getting wasted if he inherited Aid. Even so, my Lucina runs Fury, which is where the bulk of my concern came from. Thanks for the input!

EDIT: I'm on mobile and I don't know why the font towards the end is larger than the rest of the reply. Strange.

Edited by MrSmokestack

13 minutes ago, Alkaid said:

Looking for a few assist skill second opinions.

What are some thoughts for Peri's? I was considering Draw Back since the reach with her cavalry movement to perform clutch saves seemed like a good mix. I also am considering it for Tharja, since I heard that people liked Nino's Draw Back for a while now. I have an Erika who will likely get Rally Defense, so she'll mainly be be Tharja's buffbot.

I put Vantage on my Takumi already, so is Reciprocal aid to get in vantage range at will just a meme or would that be a worthwhile choice? Nothing else stands out to me too much for him, though, but I don't know if I see Reciprocal aid getting much use either.

First off, peri isn't really a good unit (to me) besides her "okayish" speed and nice resistance. Her hair attack is cool but I'm not a fan. Drawback on her is better than Tharja because of your point, that cavalry movement. Also, swap/pivot is a better option for Tharja just in case she's about to get smacked up by something.

Because I like supporting my other units, I'd go ardent sacrifice over Reciprocal but Reciprocal is better for cheese strats 

56 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Got a Jaffar while trying to roll for Ninian. Can't complain since I got next season covered, technically. I'm outfitting his skillset to best support Nino, partially because lore and partially because, well, time to buff the fuck out of Nino. She's potentially hitting like, 70 atk here. That's pretty huge.

Anyone have any good B-slot ideas for him, though? 

First thing I think of Seals. If he's targeting things that can't attack back, then Seals guarantee stat downs and help your other units. Poison Strike or any Breakers are probably okay.

What is a B skill for Camilla? Mine's a +Spd/-HP. Maybe Desperation?

4 minutes ago, Dual Dragons said:

What is a B skill for Camilla? Mine's a +Spd/-HP. Maybe Desperation?

I like Wings of Mercy on her, since her defenses aren't adequate to stomach hits for setting up Desperation, especially in this red-heavy meta with bows making a guest appearance. Wings emphasizes her role as a flanker who picks off weakened enemy units, and gives her synergy with your team's tank.

10 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

First off, peri isn't really a good unit (to me) besides her "okayish" speed and nice resistance. Her hair attack is cool but I'm not a fan. Drawback on her is better than Tharja because of your point, that cavalry movement. Also, swap/pivot is a better option for Tharja just in case she's about to get smacked up by something.

Because I like supporting my other units, I'd go ardent sacrifice over Reciprocal but Reciprocal is better for cheese strats 

I know she's not great, but I like her, not to mention she's my only 5* blue unit. I was stuck with a 4* of her as my only good blue almost since the game came out, then rolled a 5* of her while trying to get Effie last week. Since I'll probably be sticking with her for a good while yet, I might as well give her some love. Luckily she's still performed pretty damn well for me, even with the 4* I was using. And yeah, I'll think about Pivot/Swap for Tharja. Before inheritance most of my usable units didn't have assist skills period, so it's been hard to make an educated pick without having used most of them very much.

Edited by Alkaid

6 hours ago, Arcanite said:

Fury seem a little overkill. Death blow all the way. He goes from crazy to psychotic with death blow.

Reinhardt  seems like a super candidate for Death blow.  You could also go with Triangle Adept on  Reinhardt  though.  In which case he'll be able to bait tank reds due to his rather healthy def/resist.  He'll get doubled by them all but he'll be able to take one or two sets of hits from reds.  Deathblow will improve his odds of tearing down blues (and doing some damage to Greens.

Not sure if anyone mentioned or said it yet, but what happens if you have a Daggerbreaker skill and face a Kagero who has Daggerbreaker . Do they both make follow up attack or don't? And incase you're wondering, gave one of my Kagero to Jaffar so he can learn Daggerbreaker just to show Kagero who's the better assassin lol.

4 minutes ago, ZeroFinal said:

Not sure if anyone mentioned or said it yet, but what happens if you have a Daggerbreaker skill and face a Kagero who has Daggerbreaker . Do they both make follow up attack or don't? And incase you're wondering, gave one of my Kagero to Jaffar so he can learn Daggerbreaker just to show Kagero who's the better assassin lol.

It reverts to Spd calculation.

5 minutes ago, ZeroFinal said:

The skills will negate each other, and the regular speed formula will apply, so the unit with 5 more still can double as if neither unit carried a -breaker.

EDIT: The ninja is real.

Edited by MrSmokestack

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

I like Wings of Mercy on her, since her defenses aren't adequate to stomach hits for setting up Desperation, especially in this red-heavy meta with bows making a guest appearance. Wings emphasizes her role as a flanker who picks off weakened enemy units, and gives her synergy with your team's tank.

Ah, that is a good point. I was thinking of something where I could set up her getting more hits on initiation, but Wings of Mercy should be good. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, ZeroFinal said:

Oh cool then. Now I have nothing to worry about except for getting more SP. Thanks.

Also, long answer for anyone else interested:

If you have both a "you can't double attack" and a "you always double attack" effect on you at the same time, then you double attack if your Spd is 5 or more greater than your opponent.

Note that it doesn't negate other effects of the same skill.

For example, if you have Effie with Wary Fighter against an opponent with Brash Assault, the Brash Assault unit double attacks if its Spd is 5 greater than Effie's, but Brash Assault DOES NOT negate the other half of Wary Fighter that prevents Effie from double attacking. Even if Effie's Spd is 5 greater than the Brash Assault unit, Effie cannot double attack.

Edited by Ice Dragon

The other day I got a second 4* Tharja. She decided for the greater good to leave back to her homeland, right after teaching 5* Effie the Vengeance skill.

Things are about to get real.

2 hours ago, Fly_or_Die said:

I've seen a bunch of people put Moonbow on Azura, but I have to wonder -- is Moonbow really that helpful? Yes, it activates almost every round of combat (since Azura's speed is high enough to double most units), but it usually adds something like 6-8 damage. How often does that 6-8 damage actually let her ORKO when she couldn't before?

I can't say for Azura, but Minerva/Eldigan with Moonbow is actually p ridiculous.

With Minerva's speed she could potentially double Moonbow in a round.

18 hours ago, Quadon said:

So I just had this thought: 

Effie with a Brave Lance. She'd be supported by Hector's Goad Armor.

It made sense to me, because you'd always want to initiate the attack (because of Death blow) and a Brave Lance would be best fit for that. (I'd sacrifice my 5* Cordelia. My Effie is 4* and.... Would she keep the Brave Lance+ even when upgrading her to 5*?). Also, Wary Fighter would help her greatly, because she'd get doubled by literally everything that's not Sophia :D (Which also makes the -5 speed of the lance neglectable).

Im missing a C skill and a... Purple skill (missing the name). Would Galeforce be viable to take over as well?

Open for any suggestions, I'm not that good at the game, so every suggestion and critique is welcomed!!

I'll never understand why Sophia is so slow that is 3 points below the lowest speed tier... and all the actually usable characters have at least 24 speed and/or are Brave Users (with the only exception of Effie... that destroys her anyway with her massive damage and WTA)...

Aka: Everything that isn't a weakling destroys her.

Edited by Troykv

Any skill advice for Eldigan? 

I'm currently considering Renewal and/or Noontime to offset the Fury damage and probably Fortify Cavalry from Jagen (planning to use Eldigan in a cavalry team with Reinhardt, Blarblade/Gronnblade Ursula/Cecilia, and Hone Cavalry Frederick), as well as Draw Back just for extra utility. 

I'm also considering a more berserker type build that takes advantage of Fury's self-damage instead via Desperation and Threaten Spd (he's +Spd, so with Hone and Goad Cavalry he reaches 41 Spd, plus Threaten Spd to lower opponents' speed) with Moonbow, focusing on damage instead of sustain. 

Which of the two do you think would work better? I'm also open to alternative skill options or builds.  

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

Any ideas for Jaffar's passive skill selection? I think Life and Death and Threaten Speed are good for his A and C respectively but I don't know what would work well for his B.

One issue is his frailty so Escape Route might be nice, or should I focus on lowering enemy stats? Would Seal Defense or Poison Strike stack with Deathly Dagger? How about Bow Breaker?

2 minutes ago, NekoKnight said:

Any ideas for Jaffar's passive skill selection? I think Life and Death and Threaten Speed are good for his A and C respectively but I don't know what would work well for his B.

One issue is his frailty so Escape Route might be nice, or should I focus on lowering enemy stats? Would Seal Defense or Poison Strike stack with Deathly Dagger? How about Bow Breaker?

Seal Def/Res would not stack with Deathly Dagger, so I wouldn't go with either of those. I'm not actually sure if Poison Strike stacks (so someone else come answer that please), but if it did then I'd definitely go with that. But if not, a Breaker skill would probably be good, to help him double units he doesn't normally. I'd personally go with one of the 3 Tomebreakers (depending on whether Tharja, Linde, or Nino/Julia gives your team more trouble) or maybe Daggerbreaker for matchups against Kagero. Bowbreaker seems unnecessary since neutral Jaffar doubles neutral Takumi already.