Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

1 minute ago, DehNutCase said:

Eirika is so amazing as a buff-bot that I think she doesn't really need to do anything else. Her sword gives Spur Atk, you can C-skill her for Spur Spd\Def\Res, and assist her for a Rally as well.

Just slap on TA to kill the occasional green (think of Erika as Olivia, basically, usually supporting, sometimes killing Hector).

You mean Hone/Fortify instead of Spur.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@hunty @MrSmokestack I don't have enough feathers to give him L&D 3 which is 5* exclusive. Is Darting Blow a good substitute with Brave Weapon? Or should I give him fury 3?

I do have Eirika so theoretically can give him hone speed, though it's not always possible.

By the way I'm female :3

Edited by OKigen

1 hour ago, OKigen said:

@hunty @MrSmokestack I don't have enough feathers to give him L&D 3 which is 5* exclusive. Is Darting Blow a good substitute with Brave Weapon? Or should I give him fury 3?

Interestingly, that stat line is pretty similar to Caeda's...clipping a bit from Res and adding to HP & Atk. Based on that, I'm going to say that Darting should work fine for Navarre, because it works fine for her, using a very similar build (Brave + Desperation + Iceberg). He'll need Atk and Spd buffs though. And maybe the Spd +1 seal. He'll have trouble with +Spd/Fury and maybe +Def/Fury variants of common sword units, but he should beat greens handily.

Edited by LordFrigid

So I was looking at other characters who could use Windsweep (requirements of enough speed that with Darting Blow it actually works frequently but not so much speed that you're losing out on doubling options, enough defences to take a hit if needed, enough attack to be worthwhile) and I came across an interesting possibility: Young Tiki

Alm has 30 speed, 28 defence, 45 HP. Young!Tiki has 30 speed, 32 defence, 41 HP. Alm has the Falchion bonuses + slightly more attack, Young!Tiki hits res... and can inherit a ranged weapon option.

+Speed/-Res Young Tiki (41 HP/31 Attack/33 Speed/32 Defence/25 Res)
Lighting Breath+ (11 mt, +1 cooldown counter)
Movement Option
Moonbow (3 Charge due to Lightning Breath+)

A: Darting Blow 3
B: Windsweep
C: Threaten Res
S: Attack +1

Look good?

6 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

So I was looking at other characters who could use Windsweep (requirements of enough speed that with Darting Blow it actually works frequently but not so much speed that you're losing out on doubling options, enough defences to take a hit if needed, enough attack to be worthwhile) and I came across an interesting possibility: Young Tiki

Alm has 30 speed, 28 defence, 45 HP. Young!Tiki has 30 speed, 32 defence, 41 HP. Alm has the Falchion bonuses + slightly more attack, Young!Tiki hits res... and can inherit a ranged weapon option.

+Speed/-Res Young Tiki (41 HP/31 Attack/33 Speed/32 Defence/25 Res)
Lighting Breath+ (11 mt, +1 cooldown counter)
Movement Option
Moonbow (3 Charge due to Lightning Breath+)

A: Darting Blow 3
B: Windsweep
C: Threaten Res
S: Attack +1

Look good?

Main problem with that build is QR Y!Tiki doing basically the same thing, except you don't have to kill a 5* for it.

That said, Windsweep does let faster units leverage their bulk and turn it into offenses. (A unit fast enough to double can get 4 hits in for 1 enemy hit. Windsweep initiate, take EP hit, double back, windsweep again), so +spd Y!Tiki would be 'okay' at it, thanks to her higher than average stats.

Edit: The best windsweep users are probably Marth and Alm, to be honest, since Windsweep has excellent synergy with Renewal.

Edited by DehNutCase

QR Young Tiki is close, but it doesn't beat Vantage or other QR users. So similar use, different pros and cons. Basically a "defensive" version. Or safer I guess might be better?

Marth and Alm are the best options for sure though. I was trying to think outside the box beyond the obvious two. 

18 hours ago, TheNiddo said:

On my Fem!Corrin I run Defiant Attack + HP Seal. Mine is a +Speed/-Res version but basically her one main weakness is low attack (and low res but lots of units have that problem so meh). She's tanky enough where as long as its not Julia up in her face she can safely drop down to below 50% HP, at which point she gets her attack up and going. When she's +Speed version she can double a lot of things and almost nothing doubles her. Don't know how good it would be for neutral but it should also stack with DracAura so that's something.

Always the standard "Triangle Advantage because really Julia is going to bend her over no matter what you use" option as well.

16 hours ago, ILikeKirbys said:

Okay, for F!Corrin, I think you could try Defiant ATK, since Corrin has the DEF to maybe make a Defiant buff last a while if she isn't fighting Greens or mages and it would power up Draconic Aura, or maybe Fortress DEF to make Corrin super tanky if you're okay with dropping her ATK (and thus Draconic Aura's power) a little bit.

As for Merric, I think you could try Darting Blow for the A Skill if you want him to double more units (I wouldn't normally recommend Darting Blow, but your Merric is +SPD so you could probably get quite a lot of doubles at 41 SPD on Player Phase), or maybe Defiant DEF if you primarily want him to take on fliers. For the B Skill, I would suggest either Axebreaker (if Cherche/Camilla/Beruka/Narcian/Michalis/Minerva are giving your team trouble) or Lancebreaker (for the various lance-fliers that Merric gets WTA over, so that they can't double him and so he can double them). For the C Skill, I say you should either run a Hone/Fortify that your team wants or Threaten RES to give Merric a little extra power against enemies that come near him.
Also, if you're okay with parting with Growing Wind, consider Luna, since it'll let Merric ignore a substantial amount of RES, which is good because his primary targets (fliers) usually have quite a lot of RES so he may have trouble one-rounding them without a Luna proc.

I'm not sure that either of those suggestions are good, but these are my (very tired) thoughts.

Defiant Atk seems cool for her, although I already have several Defiant Attackers (Tiki and Kagero) and though I like playing risky I'm not sure how well that many of them would go over lol. (Also, I'm out of DefAtk fodder.)

At this point I'm thinking just a flat stat-booster is probably the way to go on her, and I've got several folks as I can use as fodder for that-- Donnel for HP+5, Cherche for Atk+3, Stahl for Def+3, Fir for Spd+3... Don't think she cares about Res so those are my options, so the question I guess is which one works best for her and which fodder ppl I want for other things... (Pivot from Cherche and Brave Lance/RecipAid from Donnel are pretty useful so I'm loathe to use them even though they seem like the best options... although, I DO have at least two Donnel...) 

@ILikeKirbys I'll run some Calcs on Darting Blow merric and see how that goes; he does want to be active during player phase anyway, and I have some usable fodder for Darting Blow as well. And yeah I was thinking Axebreaker since Merric still can't double Minerva even with Darting Blow IIRC, that sounds good once I get some decent fodder for it. It's a shame Merric can't get Swordbreaker because he might actually be able to beat Caeda and Palla otherwise. 

In a perfect world, Swift Sparrow and Windsweep would be my preferred options purely due for flavor reasons lmao; though SS actully seems like a great A-slot for him, and Merric never shuts up about wind and its kinda hilarious to me, but no way that's actually gonna happen ofc since no Bunny Lucina and even if I pulled for Alm, I'd want to keep him... so... that's unfortunate. 

Anyone have any other ideas for Merric? (+Spd/-Def)

@Kaden Yeah, Florina is also in the unfortunate territory of not being able to do much that others can't already... I like her default skill set (sans weapon) pre-skill inheritance, but..... yeah.... sigh. Of all the people to be victims of the 'I'm built literally nothing like my in-game self', why her?

Edited by BANRYU

@BANRYU Alright, for F!Corrin again, I would say DEF +3 is her best option for a flat stat booster. It might let her survive Falchions, and would make her generally better at dealing with physical units before any debuffs are applied to them. You could go with the HP +3 Sacred Seal too, if you aren't using it for anyone else.

On Merric:

Windsweep probably would be good on +SPD Merric, if you gave him the SPD +1 Sacred Seal and a Hone or Rally SPD buff. SPD +1 and Hone/Rally SPD give +SPD Merric 40 SPD, at which point you probably outspeed most enemies that matter for Merric (so, most fliers and lancers should be outsped by at least 1 point at 40, I think), so you could pretty much run whatever you wish in the A Slot: Death Blow or Defiant ATK could make Merric's single hit hurt more, Darting Blow could guarantee that Merric never eats a counterattack from anyone with 45 SPD or less, letting him probably prevent counters from buffed mages (except +SPD Linde with SPD +3 and Hone SPD 3, who I believe matches this Merric exactly and thus gets to counter him), Defiant SPD to beat even the aforementioned Linde's SPD, Swift Sparrow if you want to combine Death and Darting Blow's perks at a slightly lower amount, Close Counter if you want Merric to be able to counter units when they come after him after he attacks them (you could possibly run Noontime with this, and Merric would be able to heal a bit every time someone he can double attacks him after he attacks them on your turn), Life and Death if you want Merric to get a slightly better Swift Sparrow all the time and are okay with significantly dropping his defenses, and basically anything except Armored or Warding Blow should work here.

Of course, this requires pulling 2+ Alms (or a future unit that gets Windsweep, which I would like to see happen, this is too neat a skill to lock to one guy if you ask me), but if you do, this is definitely a nice option you've hit on here (I honestly thought it would end up being impractical, but it's actually not too hard to set up, even neutral-SPD Merric could do it, though that pretty much requires Swift Sparrow/Darting Blow/Defiant SPD. Nice find, mate).

And now, a question:

Is there anyone who isn't a healer who would benefit from Miracle? I want to say yes, but I'm not sure who this would be. Maybe someone with a killer weapon?

Edited by ILikeKirbys

Fem!Corrin already survives Falchions as long as she's not -Def. I'd go with +Attack because again, her one fixable weakness is attack. Though admittedly having 36 speed lets her double a whole lot.

32 minutes ago, TheNiddo said:

Fem!Corrin already survives Falchions as long as she's not -Def. I'd go with +Attack because again, her one fixable weakness is attack. Though admittedly having 36 speed lets her double a whole lot.

+Atk, DB3 Chrom one-shots neutral F!Corrin. (Chrom does that to Nowi as well, but, fortunately for Nowi, only if she didn't take her +3 def skill.)

Lucina is fast enough to double F!Corrin to death with 3 more points of speed. This is either Fury 3 when you don't have a speed boosting A-slot or a speed IV disadvantage. (- when she's =, = when she's +)

TA does fix both of those issues, at the cost of weakening blue match-ups (no speed booster in the A-slot means people in the same speed tier can now double you with appropriate skills).

@ILikeKirbys yeah as Niddo said, neutral def still survives neutral Falchions... Actually, it sounds as though several of those options are pretty good, so... I'm almost wondering if she'd rather have Fury in spite of the recoil? Triangle Adept also seems good but she actually survives quite a lot even on the green side of things so I'm somewhat loathe to give that up... in terms of neutral stats, Fury 3 fCorrin only loses to Julia and +Spd Linde, so that's not too bad... I guess I kinda answered my own question then haha~ ;;

Regarding Merric... Windswept was literally a joke suggestion but hey that could actually work better than I thought. Having run some calcs prior, I can say fairly definitively that Swift Sparrow, Axebreaker, and Dragon Fang net him the most kills (Moonbow and DracAura don't affect his matchups much but Dragon Fang allows him to kill things he couldn't otherwise once it's charged up)... And I'm gonna do a writeup for at least that set at some point, but unfortunately it's not available to me Dx

In my case I guess I'll be going with Darting Blow along with whatever I can get between Axebreaker and Windswept...

Man, Axebreaker, Fury, Windswept... I guess it might be time for me to start pulling for reds after all x3x

15 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Regarding Merric... Windswept was literally a joke suggestion but hey that could actually work better than I thought. Having run some calcs prior, I can say fairly definitively that Swift Sparrow, Axebreaker, and Dragon Fang net him the most kills (Moonbow and DracAura don't affect his matchups much but Dragon Fang allows him to kill things he couldn't otherwise once it's charged up)... And I'm gonna do a writeup for at least that set at some point, but unfortunately it's not available to me Dx

Windsweep doesn't work on tomes, according to the text. (I didn't have a chance to test, so I suppose I'll go do that now.)

If it's only non-tomes and non-staves, then it only matters for Ryoma, Hector, Bows, and Shuriken.

Edited by DehNutCase

I'm going off of my +Speed Corrin for my experiences. Haven't run into any Chroms really, let alone DB3. Don't really have much of a problem with Lucinas unless I run into a +Speed w/Fury 3 or LaD3. In which case +3 def doesn't make a difference. Though interestingly enough, giving a neutral Fem!Corrin the Speed Seal is enough to let her avoid getting doubled by a +Speed Lucina. A Neutral Corrin with Fury 3/Speed 3 along with the Speed Seal won't get doubled by 90% of the possible Lucina combinations out there. 

16 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Windsweep doesn't work on tomes, according to the text. (I didn't have a chance to test, so I suppose I'll go do that now.)

If it's only non-tomes and non-staves, then it only matters for Ryoma, Hector, Bows, and Shuriken.

Yep, Windsweep doesn't do anything against tomes. 18 Spd Matthew v. 6 Spd merric had the Merric counter---Matthew didn't double, however, due to windsweep.

@DehNutCase ...wha-- OH, you mean that it doesn't work AGAINST tomes, not that tome-users can't use it right?

Although, I guess that is a little pointless for a Merric in that regard, then. I will keep laughing about it on Merric due to him never shutting up about the wind though lol.

So yeah I guess Fury/Atk+3 and a random movement skill or rally are what I'll go for on fCorrin (possibly Rally Res or something, since her teammates ought to better be able to deal with the magic that she mostly can't handle), and then Darting Blow + Axebreaker on Merric for now. Don't think I have any good Threaten aura fodder so might wait on his C-skill for now. 

On April-15-17 at 2:42 AM, eclipse said:

I think Fury 3 will work, along with Iceberg.  Moonbow is a skill that's more in demand, so I'd save it for a unit that can make better use of it.

Drag Back is a pretty powerful skill - she can melee an enemy, then run back to the safety of her team (where she wants to be).  If you absolutely must change it, maybe something like Swordbreaker - it'll allow her to double the squishier swords, which should deal appreciable damage to them.  Escape Route is another option, so that she always ends her turn next to an allied unit.

I think I will settle on Iceberg.

Glimmer is strictly better (by 4 points of damage), but there are a lot of higher attack units that could make better use of Glimmer's +50% attack than -Atk Eirika, and not many units that that have high enough res to make better use of Iceberg (+50% res) than +Res Eirika. Glimmer would be better if resources were not limited, but as it is I'd rather save Glimmer for units with better attack.

Edit: I got Glimmer confused with Draconic Aura and Dragon Fang. The above is incorrect.

I don't find Drag Back to be very useful, though I'd like to experiment with it a bit more before deciding to replace it. Sometimes it actually lands me into a bit of trouble more than it helps. I generally play with two archers and play around baiting enemies into my archer range, meaning that Eirika doesn't get many chances to drag enemies into their range, and by the time she does get out to attacking then my archers have usually taken out a couple units.

I'm thinking Swordbreaker for now. Lots of fast sword users out there, the extra attack might be helpful considering her -atk damage is pretty low.

On April-15-17 at 1:17 PM, DehNutCase said:

Eirika is so amazing as a buff-bot that I think she doesn't really need to do anything else. Her sword gives Hone Atk, you can C-skill her for Hone Spd\Def\Res, and assist her for a Rally as well.

Just slap on TA to kill the occasional green (think of Erika as Olivia, basically, usually supporting, sometimes killing Hector).

I do generally use Eirika with two ranged attackers, usually archers, so I do use her buffing capability a lot. Sometimes I need Eirika to block for my damaged archers and take a hit for two for them from melee units when they've suffered damage, so I also kind of use her as a tank.

I don't think Triangle Adept would be helpful. There are very few greens out there that actually pose a threat. Most greens can easily be taken care of by my archers, and TA would make Eirika weaker vs blues, of which there are a lot more of and which generally pose more of a threat and require Eirika to tank a couple hits.

Edited by XaosLogos

What sorts of builds are good on Lukas and Sharena? I want to try using a lancer that'll get to the fighting. Effie being an unstoppable wall is fun, but I think Sharena's extra move compensates for her lesser power.

For reference, the rest of my team is Ryoma, Robin (F) and Lissa.

9 minutes ago, XaosLogos said:

I think I will settle on Iceberg.

Glimmer is strictly better (by 4 points of damage), but there are a lot of higher attack units that could make better use of Glimmer's +50% attack than -Atk Eirika, and not many units that that have high enough res to make better use of Iceberg (+50% res) than +Res Eirika. Glimmer would be better if resources were not limited, but as it is I'd rather save Glimmer for units with better attack.

Actually, glimmer adds 50% to damage dealt. Dragon fang is the skill that adds 50% of Atk as damage. For example, if a unit with 30 Atk deals 10 damage to an enemy normally, glimmer will increase that damage by 5 (50% of 10), while dragon fang increases damage dealt by 15 (50% of 30). As such, it's not "strictly better" than Iceberg. In fact, it's probably worse.

There's a reason why glimmer is considered to be the worst damage skill.

Got around to doing an analysis for Faye. I'm mainly interested in how viable her Firesweep Bow is more than her as a unit, seeing as her bases aren't too great. Before we begin, for those who may be interested in the other unit analyses I've written, you can check them out here:

Lastly, one change from the Reinhardt guide to this one is showing the unit's stats after skills are applied, including weapons. Only the "Neutral Stats" section shows the stats before skills.

And now, the analysis:

Background

Spoiler

Faye is a completely new character being featured in the upcoming Fire Emblem Echoes: Shadows of Valentia, a remake of Fire Emblem Gaiden from 1992. A villager and Alm's friend since childhood, she joins the Zofia Liberation Army in order to remain by his side. A marked difference between her appearance in Echoes and in Heroes is the use of a bow, despite the archer class being absent from her Echoes class set. Her Firesweep Bow offers a unique mechanic in which the user can prevent counterattacks from the target while attacking, in exchange for being unable to counterattack during the enemy phase. It even prevents counterattacks from Vantage and Distant Counter units, which offers an incredible amount of safety in applying chip damage onto opposing units, especially ranged ones, giving her a more player-phase oriented incline that is more in line with stereotypical FE archers. Among the most recent units added to the game, Faye's arena viability remains in dispute, however.

Default Faye

Spoiler

Neutral Stats:
42/30/25/26/31 (154)

Starting Skills:
Firesweep Bow+
Wings of Mercy 3
Bow Experience 3
Noontime

Faye's default kit is fairly lackluster compared to those of other units. Bow Experience has no practical use in arena; Wings of Mercy, while not bad per se, is mostly niche; and Noontime is among the weaker special skills, in addition to having no real synergy with her kit. Note that Faye suffers a -4 stat penalty if she takes Spd or Def as her bane. While +Atk -Spd is ideal, it has 1 point less rating compared to neutral. Thus, +Atk -HP is preferred in order to maximize Arena gains. The Firesweep Bow's effect is arguably more useful than Alm's Windsweep despite the more limited distribution, since it still allows for the user to perform follow-up attacks while attacking; however, this is offset by Faye's low innate Spd, and even at +Spd still fails to break 30.

Faye and her Firesweep Bow can be put to much better use with Skill Inheritance, fortunately. Even a Spd bane becomes ideal when her B Passive can be replaced with a Weaponbreaker, making her a powerful picking class that can one-round dangerous threats such as Nino, Linde, and Kagero, without risking a counterattack. Her offenses can be further bolstered with Death Blow or Life and Death 3--the former of which is preferred--and can replace her special skill with one that adds damage to her attacks; Iceberg adds the most, giving +15 when it's ready. Overall, Faye is underwhelming out of the box, though Skill Inheritance can make her a potent picker that can be equipped to take on a specfic weapon type your team struggles with.

To Review:
+Provides safe chip with Firesweep Bow+
+Can OKRO specific threats with the appropriate breaker
+Above average bulk, including high Res for Iceberg / Glacies
-Vulnerable on enemy phase due to the lack of a counter
-Low BST
-Stiff competition for a ranged nuker role

Example Set

Spoiler

General
Faye @ Firesweep Bow+ (+Atk -HP) 39/45/25/26/31
Death Blow 3
Weaponbreaker Skill
Threaten Def 3 / Any
Atk +1
Draw Back / Any
Iceberg

This Faye is designed to ORKO specific weapon types without fear of a counter, providing niche coverage to teams that need it. The safety she provides in KO'ing ranged threats in particular is especially valuable. Death Blow 3 is the best fit for this set as Faye's A Passive, since she only ever puts in work on Player Phase and isn't able to counter on enemy phase. The C Passive uses Threaten Def 3 to provide an "effective" +5 Atk boost, though you should also be running Hone Atk support on one of her teammates to make netting certain KO's possible. Feel free to replace the Threaten with whatever support your team might need otherwise. If you're running Sacred Seals on your team, Faye will appreciate having Atk +1 for a net +7 Atk when combined with Death Blow. The Assist is similarly flexible, though as a ranged unit Faye makes good use of Draw Back. Consider Reciprocal Aid, Ardent Sacrifice, Reposition, Swap, and a Rally skill for alternatives. Lastly, Iceberg is chosen for the last slot for being her most damaging option, adding +15 every other round of combat.

Speed Manipulation
Firesweep Bow+ (+Atk -HP) 39/49/31/21/26
Life and Death 3
Weaponbreaker Skill
Threaten Spd 3 / Any
Spd +1
Draw Back / Any
Draconic Aura

This set attempts to expand Faye's matchups beyond specific weapon types, in exchange for losing some KO's against faster units for whom the appropriate Weaponbreaker is not chosen. This set leans somewhat more heavily than usual on Hone Spd support, though Threaten Spd 3 serves as filler should it not be as practical. With an "effective" 36 Spd and a full Draconic Aura charge, Faye's matchups are much more varied and more favorable than those of the previous set, with your choice of a weapon type to specialize in. Consider Reciprocal Aid, Ardent Sacrifice, Reposition, Swap, and a Rally skill as alternative choices to Draw Back once again, should your team need it. With Life and Death, the Res drop takes Faye to 26, while the Atk bump takes her to 49, causing Draconic Aura to outdamage Iceberg by one point (14 vs 13).

Assuming neutral, this is how Faye fares vs various weapon types, based on the Weaponbreaker she equips.

Spoiler

Swords- Excluding fliers, ORKO's Eirika, Eliwood, Fir, Hana, Lon'qu, Lucina, Lyn, Navarre, and Olivia. An Atk buff picks off Alm, Cain, Karel, Marth, Roy, Ryoma, and Selena. When Iceberg is ready, KO's all except Seliph, Stahl, Hinata, Eldigan, and Draug. The former two are KO'd when an Atk buff is present. Only KO's Caeda and Palla without the breaker.

Lances- Excluding fliers, ORKO's Abel, Azura, Jagen, Peri, and Sully. ORKO's Sharena with a +4 Atk buff. KO's Ephraim when Iceberg is ready assuming no buff, but with one also KO's Donnel, Oboro, and Xander (Spring Festival). Only KO's fliers without the breaker.

Axes- Excluding fliers, ORKO's Anna and Raven. Only gets another KO vs Hawkeye with a +4 Atk buff. When Iceberg is ready, KO's Arthur, Barst, Chrom (Spring Festival), and Gunter, and with an Atk buff alongside it KO's Frederick, Michalis, and Sheena. Only KO's Minerva and Camilla without the breaker.

Bows- ORKO's all except Gordin, Setsuna, and lolVirion. Only picks up one more KO vs lolVirion with a +4 Atk buff. When Iceberg is ready, KO's all except Setsuna (opposing Bowbreaker), but can OHKO with an Atk buff also. Cannot KO any without the breaker.

Daggers- ORKO's all except Jakob, Matthew, and Saizo. With a +4 Atk buff and/or Iceberg, Faye ORKO's all of them. Cannot KO any without the breaker.

Red Tomes- ORKO's all except Henry and Sophia, the latter of which falls to an Atk buff. Henry still survives with 12 HP when pitted against a buff and an Iceberg proc. Cannot KO any without the breaker.

Blue Tomes- ORKO's all except Robin. Robin still avoids the KO with an +Atk buff, and still surivives with 1 HP if you throw in an Iceberg proc too; fortunately, the Atk +1 seal closes the gap. Only KO's Reinhardt without the breaker.

Green Tomes- Excluding fliers, ORKO's Julia and Nino. Picks up KO's vs Robin (F) and Cecilia with a +4 Atk buff, so only Merric survives. Can KO all when Iceberg is ready, assuming no buff. Only KO's Camilla (Spring Festival) without the breaker.

Overall, the breakers that give Faye the best matchup spreads are Bowbreaker, Daggerbreaker, and Swordbreaker. B Tomebreaker is valuable for offering an easy out to Linde alone, but the only unit that can pass it is Robin (F), a Grand Hero Battle-exclusive unit. G Tomebreaker is niche, but can be considered if your team has trouble with Nino. Dagger units sans Kagero are fairly rare in arena, but like the other two offer an easy out to an otherwise dangerous threat.

Closing Thoughts:
Faye is a fairly flexible colorless unit in Heroes, able to safely take out ranged threats to your team without fearing counterattacks from power players like Kagero, Linde, Nino, and even Hector who would otherwise make quick work of her. If you find your team is vulnerable to a specific weapon type, she can take the appropriate breaker and handle them with ease with some support. While Faye is a relatively new addition to the Arena meta, her unique Firesweep Bow has a great deal of potential that has yet to be explored. It can be incredibly threatening on defense, as it renders typical baiting strategies employed by most offense teams sources of free damage for the enemy. Overall, much of Faye's viability will hinge on how well she can put her bow to good use for a team.

Credit to fellow Strategists Three @MaskedAmpharos for edits and suggestions.

1 hour ago, phineas81707 said:

What sorts of builds are good on Lukas and Sharena? I want to try using a lancer that'll get to the fighting. Effie being an unstoppable wall is fun, but I think Sharena's extra move compensates for her lesser power.

For reference, the rest of my team is Ryoma, Robin (F) and Lissa.

You can build Lukas into the ultimate anti physical wall (even more so than Effie) while still maintaining firepower.

The budget build is to give him Bonfire, Quick Riposte/Swordbreaker/Lancebreaker and Threaten Attack. Quick Riposte is good for him since Swords will never be able to scratch him everrrrr and Lances tickle him. Goddamn steroid monster. If he does get damaged you can use Lissa to heal him. The bad thing is he'll die to mages quite easily.

Sharena is p flexible, you can give her Moonbow or Luna (Luna is thematic) and maybe a breaker skill.

Edited by pianime94

I'm trying to get a Lilina to be optimized to fight off mages, how does Red Tomebreaker 3 sound for her B skill?

I'm also thinking of having moonbow be her special, but her attack is so high that Draconic Aura is probably more effective.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

[The Faye write-up I was looking for]

Thanks! Good to know I was on the right track lol Henry's sacrifice was not in vain. You'd only really need the breakers at lv. 1, right (mostly in case I find out I don't actually need G Tome counters...I think I do, based on my experiences these past few seasons, but you never really know...)?

36 minutes ago, BestFriendJ0 said:

I'm trying to get a Lilina to be optimized to fight off mages, how does Red Tomebreaker 3 sound for her B skill?

I'm also thinking of having moonbow be her special, but her attack is so high that Draconic Aura is probably more effective.

Might be tough as I don't know if there's much Lilina can do against blue mages in general, but RTB definitely lets her handle red and green mages with no trouble, so that sounds solid.

It's a shame Lilina can't use Bonfire effectively for flavor purposes lol. 

21 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Thanks! Good to know I was on the right track lol Henry's sacrifice was not in vain. You'd only really need the breakers at lv. 1, right (mostly in case I find out I don't actually need G Tome counters...I think I do, based on my experiences these past few seasons, but you never really know...)?

Most people run Quick Riposte at Tier 2, though that's mostly because the full chain is 5* exclusive at the moment. I suppose that line of thought could pass for a Weaponbreaker? Faye never suffers counters when attacking and shouldn't be in attacking range during enemy phase in the first place, so I'd say yes. Although, settling for a lower-tier version of a skill because SP constraints isn't something I'm comfortable with, mind you.

20 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Might be tough as I don't know if there's much Lilina can do against blue mages in general, but RTB definitely lets her handle red and green mages with no trouble, so that sounds solid.

It's a shame Lilina can't use Bonfire effectively for flavor purposes lol. 

Pretty sure Swordbreaker / Bowbreaker Lilina is the most relevant variant at the moment, along with Draconic Aura for that humongous bonus damage--if we're talking about +Atk with Bolganone+, Luna would need to proc against a 30 Res unit to do the same amount of damage.

@BestFriendJ0

Edited by MrSmokestack