Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

20 minutes ago, Folt said:

Nevermind that. I just cleared the Tenth Stratum with a mounted-only team just now, with minimal restarts. Reinhardt + Xander is a dream team.

So I guess I'll go for the gusto with Cecilia. I'll try to get Gronnblade+ on her through feathering my redundant Nino.

Which means I have to pick a Cecilia to keep her going. I have the following Cecilias:

• 4* +Def, -Res Cecilia
  • 4* +Def, -Spd Cecilia
  • 3* +Atk, -HP Cecilia
  • 3* +Spd, -Res Cecilia
  • 3* +Res, -HP Cecilia

Training a 3* to 5* is not a problem to me since I'd want a lot of SP, and Im leaning towards the +Atk, -HP one anyways.

+Atk is rarely ever not good, that's definitely what I'd go with haha. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For a Gronnblade Cecilia (+Res, -Def), I was originally planning on putting Darting Blow 3 in the A-slot, but Life and Death 2 also crossed my mind. I'm currently in favor of Darting Blow 3, because Life and Death might compromise her ability to tank magic attacks at the expense of more power, power which I don't think she especially needs. Thoughts on this?

2 hours ago, BANRYU said:

@Katrisa what was that fCorrin tank build you mentioned? I've been trying to settle on some skills for mine and wouldn't object to some input in that regard.

The tank build for FCorrin was:
    Default Weapon or Lightning Breath+, Moonbow, +2 Atk/Def Or Triangle Adept, Seal Resistance, and Threaten Attack.
    Traingle Adept is probably the better of the two allowing her to do her job the best, while +2Atk/Def is just comical vs All non Dragon slayers.  This build works best with +Spd Corrin.  But basically her high defense and speed prevents virtually all units from doubling her while allowing her to face tank.  I've literally had my +Spd FCorrin kill Hector in the arena which is really funny to watch.

She's tricky though because she acts as a tank, but is frail to magic and Falchion users.  And likewise she needs to be able to kill her targets.  But I've found this build works fairly well at getting the job done. 

2 hours ago, Folt said:

Which means I have to pick a Cecilia to keep her going. I have the following Cecilias:

• 3* +Atk, -HP Cecilia
  • 3* +Spd, -Res Cecilia

Training a 3* to 5* is not a problem to me since I'd want a lot of SP, and Im leaning towards the +Atk, -HP one anyways.

I went with +Atk -HP Cecilia with Gronraven +TA and I'm loving her.  Every once in a while I'll wish I had +Spd, but most of the time +Atk was the right choice allowing her to oneshot her targets without extra buffs.  None the less have Xander passing her Hone Cavalry and Goad Cavalry which allows her to kills targets outside of her normal range, specifically high res defensive Pegasus riders.  Fortunately they are not popular in the arena.  

Edited by Katrisa

5 hours ago, Folt said:

Nevermind that. I just cleared the Tenth Stratum with a mounted-only team just now, with minimal restarts. Reinhardt + Xander is a dream team.

So I guess I'll go for the gusto with Cecilia. I'll try to get Gronnblade+ on her through feathering my redundant Nino.

• 4* +Def, -Res Cecilia
  • 4* +Def, -Spd Cecilia
  • 3* +Atk, -HP Cecilia
  • 3* +Spd, -Res Cecilia
  • 3* +Res, -HP Cecilia

If you're going to build her for a cavalry team (or half team) +Spd is more valuable than +Atk since Hone Cavalry and +Spd (and Life and Death or Swift Sparrow if you're going that route) patch up her Spd really nicely (40 Spd with Life and Death 3, 39 Spd with Swift Sparrow 2).

4 hours ago, Ice Dragon said:

If you're going to build her for a cavalry team (or half team) +Spd is more valuable than +Atk since Hone Cavalry and +Spd (and Life and Death or Swift Sparrow if you're going that route) patch up her Spd really nicely (40 Spd with Life and Death 3, 39 Spd with Swift Sparrow 2).

Oh shoot Ice Dragon is right.  If you're going Gronnblade+LifeOrDeath then +Spd is delightful on her.  If you're going Gronnraven+Triangle Adept then its a wash +Atk will net more solo oneshots, while +Spd will help overcome times where you don't one shot (high Res Fliers) and a number of general green units where you will double them instead.

On 2017-5-6 at 0:26 AM, mcsilas said:

Also quick question, how good would Vantage be on Xander? I've seen Quick Riposte seems to be the go to B skill but is there a reason Vantage isn't used, compared to say, Ryoma?

Ryoma is frail and speedy. Xander is slow and physically tanky. Breaker/QR are the only B skills you should give Xander. Without them, he won't be able to ORKO anything.

Pulled a 4* Camilla yesterday, +Atk -Spd.

I remember reading somewhere that this was an ideal spread, but I'm doubting my memory.

Can't really find any updated builds for her though.

Also pulled a good 5* Azura, +Spd -Res.

Split on if I wanna go Glass Cannon Offensive or Durable Offensive.

Glass Cannon: Moonbow, Fury, Wings of Mercy or Swordbreaker, Hone Spd or Fortify Def

Durable: Sol, Fury, Renewal, Threaten Spd 

Anyone have experience with either?

Edited by crazy_man

2 hours ago, crazy_man said:

Pulled a 4* Camilla yesterday, +Atk -Spd.

I remember reading somewhere that this was an ideal spread, but I'm doubting my memory.

Can't really find any updated builds for her though.

Also pulled a good 5* Azura, +Spd -Res.

Split on if I wanna go Glass Cannon Offensive or Durable Offensive.

Glass Cannon: Moonbow, Fury, Wings of Mercy or Swordbreaker, Hone Spd or Fortify Def

Durable: Sol, Fury, Renewal, Threaten Spd 

Anyone have experience with either?

I don't know if -Spd is ideal for Camilla, but +Atk is certainly usable. She can be used as a Brave nuker, though she won't be able to do the job as well as Cherche, but... Not sure what else she can really do with that, other than try to be like Cherche....?

For Azura, I'd definitely go the Wings of Mercy route. Always good on a dancer. Skip Threaten Spd, Azura's too frail to be near the front lines consistently even with Fury, so a buffing aura will probably be more useful on her. 

I've got two questions I'd like some input on.

First question. So I've been thinking of picking Merric back up (he was one of the first units I pulled way back before SI was a thing) and using him in the vein of a M!Robin, as a bulky off-tank mage, rather than the nuker I thought he would be like my Julia and Nino, since I'm re-evaluating his stat spread and seeing that seems to be his ideal use. I've currently got a 4* Merric, and I'm thinking of putting Ignis on him from a Henry fodder, and I was wondering what kind of build to put on him to make him as viable?

M!Robin's running Triangle Adept, Lancebreaker, Spur Defense, Draw Back, Bonfire. I have a couple of 3* Nino fodder that I can give Merric Gronnraven with, or a 4* Cecilia fodder that I can do the same with. Should I just fall back on Triangle Adept from my two Cordelia fodder like with Robin? I was wondering how viable a Defiant Speed build on him could be, since he's bulky in the vein of a Robin to survive a hit or two, and Defiant Speed possibly allowing him to double could fix his mediocre Atk problem, as well as an Ignis proc. I've got an M!Robin fodder to give it to him. I also have an Est fodder I can use to give him Seal Spd, which would help his doubling out even more.

Second question. I recently pulled an Effie fodder whom I'm holding to give Death Blow to someone. I can't decide between my 4* Chrom and 4* M!Corrin. Corrin is much faster than Chrom, meaning his doubling potential is higher, while Chrom has much higher attack. Seems to be Chrom, since with his awful speed he would rely more on being able to one-shot. Then again, that would replaced Defiant Def, and I'm not sure how good that is on him. More defense is always nice, but he has to drop below 50% for it to activate in the first place...

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

I don't know if -Spd is ideal for Camilla, but +Atk is certainly usable. She can be used as a Brave nuker, though she won't be able to do the job as well as Cherche, but... Not sure what else she can really do with that, other than try to be like Cherche....?

For Azura, I'd definitely go the Wings of Mercy route. Always good on a dancer. Skip Threaten Spd, Azura's too frail to be near the front lines consistently even with Fury, so a buffing aura will probably be more useful on her. 

Thanks for the advice.

So Cherche is basically a better Camilla.....

I've got some 4* of her so I'll check her out.

4 minutes ago, crazy_man said:

Thanks for the advice.

So Cherche is basically a better Camilla.....

I've got some 4* of her so I'll check her out.

Yeah as far as Brave nuking goes, Cherche is better. General rule for Braves is the more Atk, the better. Camilla would rather have Silver or Emerald or something as her weapon tbh. For Camilla, I think she actually wants speed since that and Res are mainly what set her apart from other wyverns. The main advantage of Camilla over Cherche is resources (not having to inherit a 5* weapon). 

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Yeah as far as Brave nuking goes, Cherche is better. General rule for Braves is the more Atk, the better. Camilla would rather have Silver or Emerald or something as her weapon tbh. For Camilla, I think she actually wants speed since that and Res are mainly what set her apart from other wyverns. The main advantage of Camilla over Cherche is resources (not having to inherit a 5* weapon). 

Funny thing about that: Camilla actually has a silver axe rather than a brave axe in the patch download screen.

Makes you wonder if she originally had a silver axe and got changed.

5 minutes ago, DehNutCase said:

Funny thing about that: Camilla actually has a silver axe rather than a brave axe in the patch download screen.

Makes you wonder if she originally had a silver axe and got changed.

Yeah TBH the fact that she uses it there and in her attacking art is one of the reasons I wanted to give mine a Silver Axe lol. Maybe they realized her stats were kinda mediocre-ish and wanted to give her an extra edge since she's an important/popular character...? Who knows ~w~

Edited by BANRYU

Linde with Blarraven+ and T-Adept looks fun. Stupid, but fun. Got curious since I swear someone mentioned it. I kind of want to do this build some day just for the heck of it. Helps that her default skill set is dirt cheap, so I can just build up to it.

Speaking of Camilla, yeah, the Silver Axe thing bothers me. This happens with the other units, but Camilla's art and that her patch download sprite having a Silver Axe is really curious. Stat-wise, she and Draug are the only default Brave weapon users with base neutral attack below 32 excluding archers since none of them have ~34 base attack, the lowest being Cain at 32 attack. Everyone else has above that along with having high speed which both Camilla and Draug have. I don't know why she has a Brave Axe since there are already two: Barst and Raven. Unless they wanted a third Brave Axe and non-infantry user one, then I can understand that. As for Draug, really questionable why a knight has one in the first place and there was already a non-infantry Brave Sword user: Cain. The only reason I can think of is a 3* unit with a Brave Sword which Laslow or Hana could have been. Camilla just seems really balanced and Silver Axe being a jack of all trades weapon would have made sense. Draug is fast, but they could have given him an Armorslayer, a Ruby Sword, or a Silver Sword instead. Anyway, I digress.

Well, speaking of Brave weapons, B-slots. Drag Back and Hit and Run are simple: hit hard and get out. And so are Desperation and Wings of Mercy. But when should you use any of the -breaker skills? Wondering what to do with Barst, Frederick, Laslow -- might make him into a Brave Sword user in the future for fun --, Virion, and kind of Cherche -- she has Lancebreaker 2, so I'm just going to leave that there. Cain just became a red Abel for fun, Est is running Drag Back since it came with Donnel, Hana is probably going to get Desperation, but I remember reading about Swordbreaker being used instead, and eventually, whenever I get a Brave Bow donator, probably going to give Setsuna Desperation since that's kind of what you do with BLDD (Brave, Life & Death, Desperation) builds.

Edit: Forgot about this, bit torn between either Draconic Aura or Luna for neutral Linde. Apparently if she can activate them on the first hit, both have similar results, but if she has to activate it after her first hit, apparently Luna is slightly better. Problem is she's so close to 50 attack and Luna would be better on units who don't have any stats to work special like Draconic Aura, Bonfire, etc.

Edited by Kaden

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Linde with Blarraven+ and T-Adept looks fun. Stupid, but fun. Got curious since I swear someone mentioned it. I kind of want to do this build some day just for the heck of it. Helps that her default skill set is dirt cheap, so I can just build up to it.

Robin strikes me as strictly better at it, since he actually has defenses. I mean, I guess you could do it, but she wouldn't have anywhere near the EP presence. I had Linde go ultra-overkill with Blárblade+, which I believe is actually what most people do.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Well, speaking of Brave weapons, B-slots. Drag Back and Hit and Run are simple: hit hard and get out. And so are Desperation and Wings of Mercy. But when should you use any of the -breaker skills? Wondering what to do with Barst, Frederick, Laslow -- might make him into a Brave Sword user in the future for fun --, Virion, and kind of Cherche -- she has Lancebreaker 2, so I'm just going to leave that there. Cain just became a red Abel for fun, Est is running Drag Back since it came with Donnel, Hana is probably going to get Desperation, but I remember reading about Swordbreaker being used instead, and eventually, whenever I get a Brave Bow donator, probably going to give Setsuna Desperation since that's kind of what you do with BLDD (Brave, Life & Death, Desperation) builds.

The stuff I see most on Brave builds are -breaker (slow units; I've also seen a couple QRs, which I guess could work), Desperation (fast units), and Wings (both slow and fast units). So far, I've only seen Drag Back on fliers.

Cherche doesn't need Lancebreaker with a Brave Axe and Death Blow, since iirc only Gwendolyn of the neutral-Def Lances survives 2 shots from her (I only really looked at her, Effie, SP Xander, and Ephraim though, so correct me if I'm wrong*). Generally speaking, I don't think most people capable of running Brave sets need a -breaker for enemies they have WTA on.

3 hours ago, Kaden said:

Edit: Forgot about this, bit torn between either Draconic Aura or Luna for neutral Linde. Apparently if she can activate them on the first hit, both have similar results, but if she has to activate it after her first hit, apparently Luna is slightly better. Problem is she's so close to 50 attack and Luna would be better on units who don't have any stats to work special like Draconic Aura, Bonfire, etc.

This is where I'd take a closer look at the specific people that Luna is better than Draconic Aura against (and vice versa). If they're not someone you see a whole lot of, they don't really matter, imo. Also take into consideration that -Res is optimal on a lot of units. Draconic is probably the more consistent of the two.

*Edit: totally forgot Lukas. Not going to check him now though. Maybe later.

Edited by LordFrigid

15 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Robin strikes me as strictly better at it, since he actually has defenses. I mean, I guess you could do it, but she wouldn't have anywhere near the EP presence. I had Linde go ultra-overkill with Blárblade+, which I believe is actually what most people do.

Well, I said it was a stupid build that looks stupidly fun and that should be the point of dumb builds. :p

T-Adept does reduce the damage they take, but against some, well, one, they're still going to take a lot like against Kagero. Anyway, T-Adept seems to be enough to help out with Linde's lower defense. Linde has the stronger player phase presence since she can just delete colorless units with her much higher attack and speed if she really needs to double them. Henry, Merric, both Robins, Sophia, and whatever else high defense mage are better in general though since healers aren't usually a threat, so the ones with lower resistance don't really care, but that does come at a cost of having having lower attack and speed which could prevent them from just one-shotting them which is probably safer than taking a hit regardless if it was player or enemy phase.

The stuff I see most on Brave builds are -breaker (slow units; I've also seen a couple QRs, which I guess could work), Desperation (fast units), and Wings (both slow and fast units). So far, I've only seen Drag Back on fliers.

Okay. Makes sense that either Drag Back Hit and Run are on flyers primarily because of terrain issues. Gonna have to think about it.

Cherche doesn't need Lancebreaker with a Brave Axe and Death Blow, since iirc only Gwendolyn of the neutral-Def Lances survives 2 shots from her (I only really looked at her, Effie, SP Xander, and Ephraim though, so correct me if I'm wrong). Generally speaking, I don't think most people capable of running Brave sets need a -breaker for enemies they have WTA on.

She's the Cherche that was used for Lunatic Michalis. That's why she has Lancebreaker and why I'm going to leave it alone for now since the main priority other than getting another Cherche with at least neutral attack is to get Brave Axe, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3 to replace Attack +3 whenever, maybe Reposition, etc. I've seen people say she if she's running a -breaker, it should be Axebreaker. Otherwise, Drag Back, Hit and Run, or Wings of Mercy.

Edited by Kaden

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

Well, I said it was build that looks stupidly fun and that should be the point of dumb builds. :p

Hm. Dumb Blárraven+ builds, huh. I see.

Spoiler

Close Counter/QR Reinhardt with Cav buffs.

1 minute ago, Kaden said:

She's the Cherche that was used for Lunatic Michalis. That's why she has Lancebreaker and why I'm going to leave it alone for now since the main priority other than getting another Cherche with at least neutral attack is to get Brave Axe, Draconic Aura, Death Blow 3 to replace Attack +3 whenever, maybe Reposition, etc. I've seen people say she if she's running a -breaker, it should be Axebreaker. Otherwise, Drag Back, Hit and Run, or Wings of Mercy.

Seems sound. I do remember the Michalis thing, I just wanted to make sure you're aware that keeping it forever and ever is probably not the best way to go.

33 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

This is where I'd take a closer look at the specific people that Luna is better than Draconic Aura against (and vice versa). If they're not someone you see a whole lot of, they don't really matter, imo. Also take into consideration that -Res is optimal on a lot of units. Draconic is probably the more consistent of the two.

Oops, forgot about this. Yeah, against everyone with Fury 3 and neutral stats, a neutral Linde with Draconic Aura gets 81 wins, 2 losses, and 42 draws while Luna gets 82 wins, 4 losses, and 39 draws. This is if she can activate it on the first hit and with her default skills.

If she can activate it, DA has Jeorge and Takumi as wins instead of losses. Julia and F!Robin don't care; Julia has high resistance while F!Robin by default has B Tomebreaker. With DA, Florina, Jagen, and Wrys end up as draws. I don't think any of them are common, so whatever, but DA has Setsuna over Luna which would have resulted in a draw. Jeorge, Setsuna, and Takumi as wins for Florina, Jagen, and Wrys, uh... yeah, DA is probably better considering Jeorge is pretty good, people have been running Quadsuna builds, and Takumi continues to be a plague on all that is good and tomatoes.

If she has to activate it on the second hit, Luna has 3 more wins, that being Florina, Jagen, and Wrys which once again is all right.

So... DA it is. Dragon Fang would be way better, but it's a 4 cooldown which could be fine since Linde could just use it for extreme burst damage if needed... Apparently she can get 109 wins if DF is activated on the first hit. Very tempting...

10 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Hm. Dumb Blárraven+ builds, huh. I see.

Reveal hidden contents

Close Counter/QR Reinhardt with Cav buffs.

Close Counter, Quick Riposte, and Rogue Dagger+ Felicia on a fort surrounded by Spur Defense units. She will be the end of all melee units! Felicia gets tickled and dies. :p

12 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Seems sound. I do remember the Michalis thing, I just wanted to make sure you're aware that keeping it forever and ever is probably not the best way to go.

Cherche having Emerald Axe and Lancebreaker has been bothering me now since if I get Brave Axe and whatever else, it means more skills and more clutter. Such a trivial thing to be annoyed at.

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Oh, yeah, please help me remember: which special do I give to Reinhardt, Luna or Draconic Aura?

Draconic Aura. It lets him KO Hector whereas Luna would miss it. Rein can hit 50 Atk with +Atk and Death Blow, so it's a flat 15 damage bonus. Luna needs to proc against 30 Res foes for the same damage, of which there aren't very many lol Julia

6 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Draconic Aura. It lets him KO Hector whereas Luna would miss it. Rein can hit 50 Atk with +Atk and Death Blow, so it's a flat 15 damage bonus. Luna needs to proc against 30 Res foes for the same damage, of which there aren't very many lol Julia

Even with all the forts generously sown all over the arena maps?

Edited by Vaximillian

13 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Even with all the forts generously sown on the arena maps?

Then pull the fat man off the fort first. Considering the maps might rotate from what we used to have, Draconic Aura is just more flexible.

Spoiler

Hector has 24 Res on a fort, assuming neutral. With Fortify Armor, he hits 30. But if you're in that situation, why are you using Rein to take an Armor Emblem team head on?

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Then pull the fat man off the fort first. Comsidering the maps might rotate from what we used to have, Draconic Aura is just more flexible.

Right. Back to Fateslandia Corrin goes then!

23 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Even with all the forts generously sown all over the arena maps?

Do fortifications count as Def/Res for the purposes of skill activation (both for Bonfire-type and Moonbow-type)? According to the wording, it sounded like they were a damage reduction and not a stat boost.

I haven't had a chance to test out the new maps yet.