Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

6 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

I get it. Feel free to share who you're thinking about booting out and I'll give you my opinion on who you may want to keep around for SI. 

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Make a spreadsheet listing all of your units, including Boon / Bane, and I can give you my input.

It's a lot of effort up front, but it makes answering future inquiries much easier, plus it makes managing your units much less of a hassle.

I mean I already said that I rather send my 3 stars home or have them to be use for skills inherit. I can upload my roster at the very least. I don't see how practical a 3 star can be.

Unless you're Mkv.   :dry:

Edited by Zangetsu

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, MrSmokestack said:

Make a spreadsheet listing all of your units, including Boon / Bane, and I can give you my input.

It's a lot of effort up front, but it makes answering future inquiries much easier, plus it makes managing your units much less of a hassle.

This^ I spent quite a bit of time as well but it's been incredible helpful, filtering and mapping out who I want to upgrade and promote. @Zangetsu I'm happy to share my google sheet template which can start you out. LMK and I'll post a link so you can copy it to your account (if you use google) 

3 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

This^ I spent quite a bit of time as well but it's been incredible helpful, filtering and mapping out who I want to upgrade and promote. @Zangetsu I'm happy to share my google sheet template which can start you out. LMK and I'll post a link so you can copy it to your account (if you use google) 

So this is the extent of commitment I'm willing to for "Heroes". :mellow:

I don't have google, I have yahoo.

@BANRYU Okay cool, thanks for the tips! Yeah Threaten Res was more of a filler since I have too many Oboros, and it's more if she's in range behind an ally/obstacle. I guess teammates having it would be better and she can just go default Fortify Res to support other teammates more directly.

Also quick question! I run a part horse emblem team with a Frederick/Xander/Reinhardt core. I gave Frederick Hone Cavalry to replace Gunter, and now I need to get rid of units for fodder and I'm looking at my Jagens and Gunters.

Which is better for Xander? Hone or Fortify Cavalry? (Sort of leaning to Fortify so I can at least give him Fury 2 while I don't have Hinatas I guess?) I'm just curious, if we're ignoring Fury 2, if Hone is better to buff up Reinhardt even more.

Well, after the Mage Gauntlet + pulling a +HP, -Atk Klein on the Battling Lloyd banner, Reinhardt can now learn Death Blow 3 and my +Atk, -HP Cecilia just got 5*ed.

I also got a +Atk, -Res Leo a while back during a desperate gamble on the Male Mages banner (desperate gamble as in I had either 5 or 9 Orbs and two or three potential reds to pull on that attempt) which means I can mulch the +HP, -Res Leo I currently have to Xander so that he gets Quick Riposte 3 and up my potential arena score. And since I have a spare Tharja (albeit a 4* one), Leo can inherit Raudrblade+ at some point along the line. This Gauntlet (and the Battling Lloyd banner) really helped me along to make my normal Arena team and my budding Horse Emblem team reach new heights.

UGH. OF ALL THE TIMES TO LOSE MY DAMN PHONE, IT'S DURING THE DAMN BANNER WITH NINIAN AND KLEIN... UGH

WHYYYYYY

7 hours ago, mcsilas said:

@BANRYU Okay cool, thanks for the tips! Yeah Threaten Res was more of a filler since I have too many Oboros, and it's more if she's in range behind an ally/obstacle. I guess teammates having it would be better and she can just go default Fortify Res to support other teammates more directly.

Also quick question! I run a part horse emblem team with a Frederick/Xander/Reinhardt core. I gave Frederick Hone Cavalry to replace Gunter, and now I need to get rid of units for fodder and I'm looking at my Jagens and Gunters.

Which is better for Xander? Hone or Fortify Cavalry? (Sort of leaning to Fortify so I can at least give him Fury 2 while I don't have Hinatas I guess?) I'm just curious, if we're ignoring Fury 2, if Hone is better to buff up Reinhardt even more.

@ the cav/xander thing, IMO the general rule is that a unit wants an aura that they don't need-- case in point, I use Hone Def 3 on my squishy Kagero. In Xander's case, I think he wants TO be fortified more than he wants to fortify others, since he's most often gonna take that frontline role, so I'd give him Hone and give someone squishy who doesn't want to be near the front lines (IE Eliwood, Cecilia, Ursula) the Fortify. 

Thass just my 2cents, you might want to get some additional input JIC.

15 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

UGH. OF ALL THE TIMES TO LOSE MY DAMN PHONE, IT'S DURING THE DAMN BANNER WITH NINIAN AND KLEIN... UGH

WHYYYYYY

@ the cav/xander thing, IMO the general rule is that a unit wants an aura that they don't need-- case in point, I use Hone Def 3 on my squishy Kagero. In Xander's case, I think he wants TO be fortified more than he wants to fortify others, since he's most often gonna take that frontline role, so I'd give him Hone and give someone squishy who doesn't want to be near the front lines (IE Eliwood, Cecilia, Ursula) the Fortify. 

It really depends on conditions/benchmarks/squad set up rather than there being a specific condition why X buff is best on Y unit

The closest thing to an actual general rule in spreading the horse buff is "Which unit you want to optimize?". If you want EVERYONE then get 2 Hone 2 Fortify. if you want to optimize 2 you get 2 Hone 1 Fortify and 1 Aura Buff

Personally i think Hone Xander or Eldigan Fortify Cecilia Hone Ursula + 1 Ward is the best though

Edited by JSND

19 hours ago, BANRYU said:

WHYYYYYY

Okay fair enough, although I don't really have an extra cavalier to give Fortify to currently (I have a 4 star +Hp/-Def Cecilia but she has nowhere the SP to get it and she's already level 40, unless I raise a neutral one from 3 star). Unless I use Ursula, and give her a regular Blarblade but then I'd be weaker to green units if Xander can't kill.

-----

Also, on my other account I have a +Res/-HP Peri. I initially wasn't going to use her, but after repeatedly failing that last Lunatic mission with Celica's group, I find her high res is actually pretty useful at least since I notice I don't have enough good Res units in my other account (Lloyd is a welcome addition though).

So I'm thinking for a fairly cheap build, making use of her Res boon and turning her into a mage killer-

-Killer Lance+

-Iceberg

-Fury 2 (have a few Bartre fodder units)/Resistance 3 (for cheapness? I don't have a lot of SP since I pulled her as 5 star)

-Swordbreaker/Lancebreaker (depending on amount of Sully/Arthur fodder I have left, mostly filler for melee combat)

-Threaten Def

Any thoughts? 

edit: Also I'm merging my Merrics and 4 star Jeorges together to make space. Any suggestions on them so I can learn the skills before merging?

So far Jeorge ate a Gordin for Brave Bow (no plans on upgrading Jeorge soon, so no Parthia). He gets more kills with it then Silver Bow, and he's +Spd/-HP.

For Merric, I already inherited a Gronnraven/Rally Resistance from Cecilia. I guess Triangle Adept will come soon, too, although not sure what special to give Merric. Maybe Gronnblade as well as another option in certain GHBs? The final Merric is +Res/-HP. 

...Maybe Gronnraven, Triangle Adept and Renewal/Escape Route?

Edited by mcsilas

If Merric isn't -Def, then Bonfire is probably a decent special for him I think, otherwise it'll be Luna/Moonbow since his attack is kinda lowish. Renewal is okay for his B-skill though I'd recommend a breaker that helps him land kills that give you trouble (I'm fond of Axebreaker but then mine has Excalibur and I'm not sure what kills are different with it VS other stuff). 

On 5/19/2017 at 0:36 PM, BANRYU said:

WHYYYYYY

That's exactly what I did and I don't regret it.  9/10 Xander wants the fortify more than any other buff, and his ranged allies want the juicy damage/speed buff he can provide.  I gave Cecilia Fortify and Xander Hone.  I don't regret it at all.

I'm building my Horse Emblem team. Xander and +Atk Reinhardt are ready, both at 5* with inherited skills. Both Ursula and Cecilia are at 4* with a tot of SP's ready, I just need feathers...

But yesterday I got Ninian and I think I will be using her a lot with every team (maybe even with my Horse Emblem team). And I have only one Roy to pass Triangle Adept, which is pretty must required to Cecilia.

What would you do, considering that I have only 3k feathers right now? Feed Roy to Ninian right now and pray for another Roy while I collect another 17k feathers? Or just give it to Cecilia?

I also have 5* Peri and 5* Carrot Xander for Horse Emblem...

10 minutes ago, Pimalai said:

I'm building my Horse Emblem team. Xander and +Atk Reinhardt are ready, both at 5* with inherited skills. Both Ursula and Cecilia are at 4* with a tot of SP's ready, I just need feathers...

But yesterday I got Ninian and I think I will be using her a lot with every team (maybe even with my Horse Emblem team). And I have only one Roy to pass Triangle Adept, which is pretty must required to Cecilia.

What would you do, considering that I have only 3k feathers right now? Feed Roy to Ninian right now and pray for another Roy while I collect another 17k feathers? Or just give it to Cecilia?

I also have 5* Peri and 5* Carrot Xander for Horse Emblem...

TA on Cecilia is less needed if you run her with Xander since you can use Xander to check some bows and in full Horse Emblem Ursula can be relied to one shot most Colorless

That said honestly Cecilia role in Horse Emblem as a Reinhardt check is actually pretty important/high impact so id prioritize giving her an extra push through Gronnbladr TA or QR2 but if you dont want to bother you can save up and give TA to Ninian, slap a Julia on your Horse Emblem, and call it a day

21 hours ago, BANRYU said:

If Merric isn't -Def, then Bonfire is probably a decent special for him I think, otherwise it'll be Luna/Moonbow since his attack is kinda lowish. Renewal is okay for his B-skill though I'd recommend a breaker that helps him land kills that give you trouble (I'm fond of Axebreaker but then mine has Excalibur and I'm not sure what kills are different with it VS other stuff). 

Okay I might go Luna then since I've got a spare Catria and not enough Bonfire fodder. Don't really have an Axebreaker unit (well maybe Eliwood but Ward Cavalry is better to inherit to someone since I only have 1 extra one). I guess the only spare -breaker skill I can give him is maybe Blue Tomebreaker but he has low res to begin with.

I'll just give him a spare Renewal from Lissa, since I've got quite a few from trying to hunt Klein...

On 2017-4-3 at 11:35 PM, fatboyjam said:

I have my finger on the 'trigger' to promote Nino to 5*. She's a Spd+/Def-.

I know it's a very good boon/bane but I'm curious, is it the best? (not to be overly picky but as a F2P, I want to build the best 5* group I can, especially when sacrificing multiple characters to build up her skills).

I've read conflicting opinions on this and other boards whether the better bane is Def- or Res-. What do you think? How might I play a Def- Nino differently than a Res-? Any tweaks I should make to my supporting team to make best use of this Nino? Thanks in advance! 

Well,at least I'm not the only one. I just promote GHB battle units and the 3 lords,if the character isn't the perfect IV(comitted the mistake to promote some random Raven though)

So I finally got Effie (-HP, +Atk) so I decided put some work and build Armor emblem (Zephiel5*/Sheena5*/Hector5*/Effie 4*) Here is the issue:

Effie boon make her ideal for brave built (I think), but I would like give her eventually distant counter to cover for red mages Hector might struggle with, that would require pretty much opposite built and SP are not unlimited. 

What do you think I should go with?

Edited by Tenzen12

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

So I finally got Effie (-HP, +Atk) so I decided put some work and build Armor emblem (Zephiel5*/Sheena5*/Hector5*/Effie 4*) Here is the issue:

Effie boon make her ideal for brave built (I think), but I would like give her eventually distant counter to cover for red mages Hector might struggle with, that would require pretty much opposite built and SP are not unlimited. 

Technically speaking SP ARE unlimited, they're just a pain in the ass to grind. But anyway.

uhh IDK man I suppose Red mages are a pretty pressing issue, though I'm not sure you need both Hector AND Sheena in that regard; Sheena is pretty good at handling mages too, but she also doesn't have the counter power that Hector packs so you might consider running Gwendy if you want someone to handle those pesky Reds, since she has better Res than Effie, and that'd let Effie be dedicated to her Brave build while Gwendy runs something like Killer Bonfire + DC + QuickRip/Wary Fighter. Sheena is cool but not sure she's needed for this setup, and Gwendy sort of addresses your problem without demanding too much of Effie.

Otherwise, if you want to keep your current comp, I suppose it'd be DC Effie. 

You're using quad Ward Armor I assume right?

2 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

Can't go wrong with either Death Blow or Distant Counter, honestly. Does everyone else on the team have Distant Counter? If they do, you can go Death Blow without any issues while also saving SP.

If you want to get the most out of Distant Counter with your build, Sapphire Lance+ actually works much better, though of course it is a far more expensive option. How is the rest of your team coming along?

Edited by MrSmokestack

@BANRYU of course I know they are unlimited but as you said they are pain to farm. Anyway basically you think I should run Gwendy instead of Sheena? I guess it's possible though I have only 4* Gwen. 

@/MrSmokestack : They don't. I wish I could be that whale :p. Hector has Sol and Pivot. Sheena is lv.40 but without any inheritance yet. Zephiel is freshly promoted and doesn't even have Esckesachs, swap got priority over that.

As I said if I didn't got best blue armor which is Effie I wouldn't bother with armor emblem in first place. But if I have everything necessary for it work somehow I can't help but do it...

Edited by Tenzen12

OK I finally manage to list all of my LVL.1 Bronze Stars Units

After spending at least an hour on writing on their Boon & Bane, I came to the realization that I'm not going to use any of these units unless the "Monthly Quest" asks me to.

So now I ask which of these units are worth sending for feather or skills.

Red Infantry:
Navvare - 2
Fir - 1
Lloyd - 1
Olivia - 3
Hinata - 1
Hana - 1
Laslow -  2
Selena - 2

Armor:
Zephiel - 1

Cavalier:
Eliwood - 1
Stahl - 2
Xander - 1

Flier:
Palla - 1

Manakete:
A-Tiki - 1

Red Mage:
Sophia - 2
Henry - 2

Lance Infantry:
Donnel - 2
Oboro - 1

Lance Armor:
Gwendolyn - 3

Lance Cavalier:
Jagen - 2
Sully - 1

Lance Flier:
Catria - 1
Est - 3
Shanna - 3
Florina - 2
Subaki - 1

Manakete:
F-Corrin - 4

Blue Mage:
M-Robin - 1
Odin- 3

Blue Mage Cavalier:
Ursula - 2

Green Infantry:
Barst - 3
Barte - 3
Arthur - 2

Green Cavalier:
Frederick - 5
Gunther - 2

Green Flier:
Cherche - 1
Beruka - 2

Green Mage:
Nino- 2
F-Robin - 1

Green Mage Cavalier :
Cecelia - 2

Dagger Units:
Matthew - 1
Gaius - 1
Felecia - 1
Saizo - 3

Healers:
Serra - 1
Lissa - 1
Clarine - 1

6 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

OK I finally manage to list all of my LVL.1 Bronze Stars Units

After spending at least an hour on writing on their Boon & Bane, I came to the realization that I'm not going to use any of these units unless the "Monthly Quest" asks me to.

So now I ask which of these units are worth sending for feather or skills.

Hide contents

Red Infantry:
Navvare - 2
Fir - 1
Lloyd - 1
Olivia - 3
Hinata - 1
Hana - 1
Laslow -  2
Selena - 2

Armor:
Zephiel - 1

Cavalier:
Eliwood - 1
Stahl - 2
Xander - 1

Flier:
Palla - 1

Manakete:
A-Tiki - 1

Red Mage:
Sophia - 2
Henry - 2

Lance Infantry:
Donnel - 2
Oboro - 1

Lance Armor:
Gwendolyn - 3

Lance Cavalier:
Jagen - 2
Sully - 1

Lance Flier:
Catria - 1
Est - 3
Shanna - 3
Florina - 2
Subaki - 1

Manakete:
F-Corrin - 4

Blue Mage:
M-Robin - 1
Odin- 3

Blue Mage Cavalier:
Ursula - 2

Green Infantry:
Barst - 3
Barte - 3
Arthur - 2

Green Cavalier:
Frederick - 5
Gunther - 2

Green Flier:
Cherche - 1
Beruka - 2

Green Mage:
Nino- 2
F-Robin - 1

Green Mage Cavalier :
Cecelia - 2

Dagger Units:
Matthew - 1
Gaius - 1
Felecia - 1
Saizo - 3

Healers:
Serra - 1
Lissa - 1
Clarine - 1

Felicia, Donnel, Est, Beruka, Oboro, Stahl, Fir. These units have the 'meh'-est passives, but they might have decent weapons/assists/specials. If not, feel free to dump them there.

Of course, those are the ones I'm confident on.

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Die

what @phineas81707 is pretty much right (Except Oboro).

Heavy Spear, Rally Defence, Threaten Resistance major, Seal Defence minor. Not exactly what I'd call prime inheritance fodder.

Of course, I'm speaking entirely pragmatically. If you like one or more of these skills, that's fine.

9 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Felicia, Donnel, Est, Beruka, Oboro, Stahl, Fir. These units have the 'meh'-est passives, but they might have decent weapons/assists/specials. If not, feel free to dump them there.

Of course, those are the ones I'm confident on.

I can't help but notice that Florina isn't one of the suggestion, that's kind of interesting.

So by meh-est do u mean worth skill inheriting or sending home?

Just now, Zangetsu said:

I can't help but notice that Florina isn't one of the suggestion, that's kind of interesting.

So by meh-est do u mean worth skill inheriting or sending home?

Worth sending home.

And Florina's setup is Heavy Spear, Ardent Sacrifice, Breath of Life major and Darting Blow minor. The Darting Blow is why I didn't choose her immediately: it's not as good as Hinata's Fury minor, but it's not terrible either.