Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

26 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Speaking of Delthea and breakers, would B Tomebreaker be a good idea for her? Or is a melee weapon better just better coverage-wise?

The pool of blue mages is too small to warrant B Tomebreaker in my opinion.

Melee breakers are better for coverage, especially with Lances since the pool contains some especially resiliant units that Delthea can just punch though with her high Atk.

11 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Melee breakers are better for coverage, especially with Lances since the pool contains some especially resiliant units that Delthea can just punch though with her high Atk.

Fair enough. 

I forgot one or two details... Marth is +1 and Cherche is 4* and +3 merged

3 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Oh? Do tell. 

My idea was that Marth, with Falcy and Renewal will heal a shit ton. Delthea acts as his offensive support with her tome and Drive atk. Marth can whack peeps with his +9 atk boost (+6 from tome, +3 from Drive) on top of the Fury and his +ATK nature. (54 w/Fury is nuts... now add 9). He can so Reciprocal Aid Delthea if she needs it. 

So Marth is essentially her heal shield.

I haven't decided on a Special for him yet. Any ideas?

Nothing too special.  I needed a Bonus Unit for Tempest, and I had an Alm.  I ended up using Boey with Renewal, too.  WIth those two being pseudo healers, with Reinhardt and Azura rounding it out, I was able to do pretty well in TT.

17 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Ah thanks for that, I gave Delthea both Lancebreaker (thanks Arthur!) and Swordbreaker (spare from Sully's Draw Back inheritance), so I should be ready for Tempest Trials.

Another question, I'm thinking of finally inheriting Life and Death 3 from my spare Minerva to someone. Would it be better on a +Spd/-Def Nino or a +Spd/-Def +1 Lucina? I'm having a hard time deciding whether to use LaD or Fury for both of those, and I only have 1 Minerva I'm willing to inherit the skill. For context, I'm also currently using Lucina on my Defense team so I'm not sure if Life and Death is good for that because of lowered defense. She's also a staple in Tempest Trial runs, so again, not sure if the drop in bulk vs. Fury's all stat raise is better. 

Nino currently has Res +3 for now, since she's my only green mage and I need her to bait Reinhardt.

Edited by mcsilas

17 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Ah thanks for that, I gave Delthea both Lancebreaker (thanks Arthur!) and Swordbreaker (spare from Sully's Draw Back inheritance), so I should be ready for Tempest Trials.

Another question, I'm thinking of finally inheriting Life and Death 3 from my spare Minerva to someone. Would it be better on a +Spd/-Def Nino or a +Spd/-Def +1 Lucina? I'm having a hard time deciding whether to use LaD or Fury for both of those, and I only have 1 Minerva I'm willing to inherit the skill. For context, I'm also currently using Lucina on my Defense team so I'm not sure if Life and Death is good for that because of lowered defense. She's also a staple in Tempest Trial runs, so again, not sure if the drop in bulk vs. Fury's all stat raise is better. 

Nino currently has Res +3 for now, since she's my only green mage and I need her to bait Reinhardt.

I would prioritize Nino over Lucina, unless your Nino already has Life and Death 2. Ranged glass cannons should have priority on skills over all other units; Player Phase glass cannons give you the best return on your investment as they are easy to use with a larger attack range and access to game breaking Blades.

I gave Lucina Life and Death 3 and she performed fine during the first Tempest Trials. She can usually take a hit and her Speed prevents her from being doubled. Just beware of mages.

14 hours ago, XRay said:

I would prioritize Nino over Lucina, unless your Nino already has Life and Death 2. Ranged glass cannons should have priority on skills over all other units; Player Phase glass cannons give you the best return on your investment as they are easy to use with a larger attack range and access to game breaking Blades.

I gave Lucina Life and Death 3 and she performed fine during the first Tempest Trials. She can usually take a hit and her Speed prevents her from being doubled. Just beware of mages.

Okay thanks for the suggestion. Nino's my only 5 star green mage in this account and my only safeguard against blue mages so I wasn't sure and was sort of leaning towards Fury for her. 

I guess a good offense in LaD makes for a good defense team either way? That account really struggles for defense wins.

11 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Okay thanks for the suggestion. Nino's my only 5 star green mage in this account and my only safeguard against blue mages so I wasn't sure and was sort of leaning towards Fury for her. 

I guess a good offense in LaD makes for a good defense team either way? That account really struggles for defense wins.

Neutral Nino can tank Reinhardt [+Atk, Moonbow, Deathblow, Quickened Pulse] with Fury and survive with 1 HP remaining. I guess that works too, although her offensive prowess would be less impressive on Player Phase.

For defense team, the AI always rushes, so there is no point in giving defense teams Enemy Phase builds. Life and Death will go well on them.

20 hours ago, mcsilas said:

My primary arena team is based around NIno and I really like fury on her, especially if you are going to be using her for TT. The 8 point swing in defensive stats between L&D and Fury is a pretty big deal. Fury Nino can usually bait a ranged unit as long as it isn't a triangle red, brave bow, or Kagero. Also, fury puts her safely into desperation range which is really important for TT because it allows her to function through consecutive maps without healing. L&D Nino needs to either take a non-lethal counter attack or take ardent sacrifice instead of draw back.

The only caveat is that my NIno is +spd, and the 2 extra spd from L&D might be helpful if yours isn't. I haven't payed attention to how often I see spd 39-40 units (which you can double with speed buffed L&D Nino but not fury) that you can't one-shot, but I would guess it would not be that often.

Edited by Beddlam
clarity

Well she is +Spd at least, although I just used my last Hinata for Anna because bonus unit next season. Will think about it more later, although I guess Bartre can give Fury 2.

I guess i use Lucina more in TT so that's another factor. I'll probably hold on for now.

Hey, I have a few questions. With my 5* Karel (+Atk, -HP), running Wo Dao+, Reprisal, Fury 2, Desperation 3 and Threaten Defense 3, would it be better to replace Desperation with Vantage to give him anything of an EP?

Second, my 4* Eirika (+Atk, -Spd) is recently max level, but she hasn't got anything inherited on her except Hone Speed. Speaking of which, how crippling is -Spd for Eirika? She's currently got 30 Spd for a 4*, and that strikes me as a little low, but...

Third. I've finally decided to turn my attention to my 4* Kagero (+Spd, -Def), and she has nothing on her but Reprisal and 700 SP. Suggestions for good builds for her?

Edited by Extrasolar

In my failed search of Summer!Leo (why u don't want to come to me ;-;?), I ended with a 5* M!Corrin that is neutral... Can someone have and idea which skills are good for him? Also I got an Eldigan that sadly is -HP +Res, so if I can do something to help him I would appreciate it too.

@Extrasolar

1. Wo Dao is inherently a player phase weapon. While Vantage would have some synergy with Reprisal, Moonbow often ends up doing more damage for the same CD unless Karel is at a low enough HP threshold that he would have just been KO'd anyway; he lacks the raw Atk to oneshot melees on the counter and remains defenseless against ranged units. Keep Desperation and look to max out his Fury or give him LaD or Swift Sparrow instead.

2. Eirika mostly runs as support so her combat doesn't matter as much as the units she's supporting. Moonbow Swordbreaker fixes her Spd tier somewhat and gives her some extra damage in the off situation that she needs to deal with something, but ideally she won't ever see combat.

Finally, Rally Defense and Fortify Res 1 seal give her a net +16 bonus to adjacent Blade users at the start of a turn, so replacing her Pivot for this would be worthwhile.

3. Example Set:

Spoiler

-Poison Dagger+

-Life and Death 3 / Death Blow 3 / Swift Sparrow 3

-Weaponbreaker, Vantage

-Filler Hone / Spur

-Draw Back

-Luna

Vantage is the tech choice here since she can KO frail ranged units without fearing a counter. Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker are good choices for the Weaponbreaker slot, and Wings of Mercy is nice for arena defense too.

Hope this helps.

8 minutes ago, SniperGYS said:

In my failed search of Summer!Leo (why u don't want to come to me ;-;?), I ended with a 5* M!Corrin that is neutral... Can someone have and idea which skills are good for him? Also I got an Eldigan that sadly is -HP +Res, so if I can do something to help him I would appreciate it too.

Fury Swordbreaker is the way to go; it's how I'm planning on building mine personally. Do replace Dragon Fang with a 3 CD like Luna or Draconic Aura instead though.

Corrin (M) doesn't really have a defined niche, but his stat spread makes him a balanced sword user with high Atk, Spd, and Def after Yato with his only real weak point being Res. 

Eldigan runs a mean counterkilling set with QR / QP / Ignis because of his legendary killer weapon, but Distant Counter is essential to make the most of it. If you already have a Xander built he is a bit redundant though, especially since his nature isn't that much better than Xander's neutral.

11 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Fury Swordbreaker is the way to go; it's how I'm planning on building mine personally. Do replace Dragon Fang with a 3 CD like Luna or Draconic Aura instead though.

Corrin (M) doesn't really have a defined niche, but his stat spread makes him a balanced sword user with high Atk, Spd, and Def after Yato with his only real weak point being Res. 

Eldigan runs a mean counterkilling set with QR / QP / Ignis because of his legendary killer weapon, but Distant Counter is essential to make the most of it. If you already have a Xander built he is a bit redundant though, especially since his nature isn't that much better than Xander's neutral.

Oh, then my Corrin is even more balanced since he is neutral lol . I already have Xander in 5* yes, maybe just keep Eldi as a spare for trials and stuffs..

Thanks, I will see what can I give them from this

12 hours ago, Extrasolar said:

Second, my 4* Eirika (+Atk, -Spd) is recently max level, but she hasn't got anything inherited on her except Hone Speed. Speaking of which, how crippling is -Spd for Eirika? She's currently got 30 Spd for a 4*, and that strikes me as a little low, but...

Eirika is a bit lackluster until 5* because she really shines as a support unit, able to buff all 4 stats with the fortify res seal. That said, you probably wand Life and Death or Fury in her A-slot; and that combined with her naturally high speed and low attack makes +Atk/-Spd one of her better natures. Avoiding getting doubled is much more important to her than doubling, so she should have plenty of speed even with speed bane.

4 hours ago, Beddlam said:

Eirika is a bit lackluster until 5* because she really shines as a support unit, able to buff all 4 stats with the fortify res seal. That said, you probably wand Life and Death or Fury in her A-slot; and that combined with her naturally high speed and low attack makes +Atk/-Spd one of her better natures. Avoiding getting doubled is much more important to her than doubling, so she should have plenty of speed even with speed bane.

Ah, thanks for this! Would you say Eirika is worth promoting to 5* to get Sieglinde along with her supporting capabilities? My next promotion is 100% lined up to be my +Atk Reinhardt, but I'm trying to plan for the future.  I'm currently using my 5* Karel as my main red sword (Wo Dao+, Fury, Reprisal, Desperation, Threaten Def).

For 5* red swords I also have Alm (L&D, Swordbreaker, Threaten Def) and Seliph (Brave Sword, Armored Blow, Brash Assault), with 4* Chrom (Brave Sword, Death Blow, Swordbreaker, Threaten Attack) as backup.

I could get to training 4* Xander up and am considering training up 4* Lloyd, but I'm unsure about the latter case. In the first case, In the first case I'd also need to finish training up Horse Emblem (Reinhardt, Xander, Gunter, and either Abel or Jagen, unsure about which one of those) to get the most use out of him.

6 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

Ah, thanks for this! Would you say Eirika is worth promoting to 5* to get Sieglinde along with her supporting capabilities? My next promotion is 100% lined up to be my +Atk Reinhardt, but I'm trying to plan for the future.  I'm currently using my 5* Karel as my main red sword (Wo Dao+, Fury, Reprisal, Desperation, Threaten Def).

For 5* red swords I also have Alm (L&D, Swordbreaker, Threaten Def) and Seliph (Brave Sword, Armored Blow, Brash Assault), with 4* Chrom (Brave Sword, Death Blow, Swordbreaker, Threaten Attack) as backup.

I could get to training 4* Xander up and am considering training up 4* Lloyd, but I'm unsure about the latter case. In the first case, In the first case I'd also need to finish training up Horse Emblem (Reinhardt, Xander, Gunter, and either Abel or Jagen, unsure about which one of those) to get the most use out of him.

I would recommend promoting Eirika if you run infantry -blade tome users. She can give them +16/4/4/2 herself. If not, Xander is probably more generally useful, doubly so if you are running horse emblem, as he is probably the best red horse in the game.

I just pulled this today. She unfortunately came with -atk/+res. I was thinking about giving her life and death to offset the -atk but then she loses out on all that res. Any recommendations you guys can give? 

IMG_3007.PNG

Edited by RockinNova
error in spelling

19 minutes ago, RockinNova said:

I just pulled this today. She unfortunately came with -atk/+res. I was thinking about giving her life and death to offset the -5 but then she loses out on all that res. Any recommendations you guys can give?

Res is the weakest stat in the game, so cutting down on it in exchange for a far more useful Atk and Spd boost isn't that big of a deal.

Blárblade is a relatively simple way to allieviate an Atk bane, having more Mt than Sealife Tome while offering the potential for even more Atk, especially with flier buffs. Even Fortify Fliers is sufficient for a decent Atk bonus if you lack a Hinoka for Hone Fliers support.

Edited by MrSmokestack

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Res is the weakest stat in the game, so cutting down on it iin exchange for a far more useful Atk and Spd boost sn't that big of a deal.

Blárblade is a relatively simple way to allieviate an Atk bane, having more Mt than Sealife Tome while offering the potential for even more Atk, especially with flier buffs. Even Fortify Fliers is sufficient for a decent Atk bonus if you lack a Hinoka for Hone Fliers support.

Fortunately for me, I do have a Hinoka. I was in need of a blue mage, and I have some good supports. I'll note these recommendations down, thanks.

My Sanaki can just slightly one shot Hector, and even when she can't she can sometimes double him, and live. I think it might be because she is +Def -Res, which I feel like is just so awful. She runs Cymbeline which has 14mt leaving her at 51 Atk, but I know she can do a little better with Raudrblade+, but that's sacrificing 3 Mt, for which she might not be able to one shot Hectors anymore. I guess what I'm asking here is what should I even giver her? Cymbeline is just useless for me half the time so what should I giver her instead that will still allow me to one shot even +HP Hectors?

10 minutes ago, Logos said:

My Sanaki can just slightly one shot Hector, and even when she can't she can sometimes double him, and live. I think it might be because she is +Def -Res, which I feel like is just so awful. She runs Cymbeline which has 14mt leaving her at 51 Atk, but I know she can do a little better with Raudrblade+, but that's sacrificing 3 Mt, for which she might not be able to one shot Hectors anymore. I guess what I'm asking here is what should I even giver her? Cymbeline is just useless for me half the time so what should I giver her instead that will still allow me to one shot even +HP Hectors?

The 3 might loss shouldn't matter as long as you give Sanaki the boosts to power up Raudrblade.

that said, looking at calcs she survives Hector just fine as long as Hector isn't boosted, thanks to Triangle Adept 3

Edited by mcsilas

19 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

The 3 might loss shouldn't matter as long as you give Sanaki the boosts to power up Raudrblade.

that said, looking at calcs she survives Hector just fine as long as Hector isn't boosted, thanks to Triangle Adept 3

My bad I meant Raudrraven+, I don't even have Raudrblade+. Although it would be a great alternative, but if I'm running TA3 on her so I might as well give her advantage over colorless is what I meant. My true dilemma revealed!

3 hours ago, Logos said:

My bad I meant Raudrraven+, I don't even have Raudrblade+. Although it would be a great alternative, but if I'm running TA3 on her so I might as well give her advantage over colorless is what I meant. My true dilemma revealed!

Unfortunately there's nothing really she could do on her own, unless you give her Axebreeaker. Even with a +Atk seal, +HP Hector is left with 3 HP.

You can't get rid of Triangle Adept since Hector will be able to defeat her, so the best remedy is an Axebreaker B skill. Personally, I would go for Swordbreaker as a B skill for coverage. 

That or just make sure Sanaki has a Hone Attack bonus or is paired with a dancer, if you want to go the Raven tome route.