Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Below an idea I had with the budget version requiring ONLY 4*'s to be sacrificed.

Wrys - Old terror of the east.

Ingredients:

5*. Wrys
4*. Felicia, NIles, Saizo, Camilla

3* Serra

Level 40 Wrys. +Res/-HP

HP: 39
Atk: 28
Spd: 23
Def: 22
Res: 39

Weapon: Absorb (Serra)

Assist: Rehabiliate
Special: Glacies (Felicia)
Passive A: Warding Blow (Niles)
Passive B: Poison Strike 3 (Saizo)
Passive C: Savage Blow 3 (Camilla)

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, AuraGuardianR said:

What would be good skills for a team of Hector, young Tiki, Eirika and Robin(M)? I can swap any of them out for Cordelia, Camilla or Ephraim.

Hector with Wary Fighter of course, Eirika with Defiant Attack imo over Defiant Speed because she has mediocre atk and add along Noontime so that she can heal herself at least and given she backs up after initiating an attack it saves for from being attacked by other incoming foes within range. I pretty much wanted her to still be a decent attack unit but for the most part a unit that needs to stay alive and support the team with buffs.

1 minute ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Hector with Wary Fighter of course, Eirika with Defiant Attack imo over Defiant Speed because she has mediocre atk and add along Noontime so that she can heal herself at least and given she backs up after initiating an attack it saves for from being attacked by other incoming foes within range. I pretty much wanted her to still be a decent attack unit but for the most part a unit that needs to stay alive and support the team with buffs.

Doesn't Wary Fighter cancel out Armads' ability? It's nice to be able to hit twice on attacking Takumis and the like.

2 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Below an idea I had with the budget version requiring ONLY 4*'s to be sacrificed.

Wrys - Old terror of the east.

Ingredients:

5*. Wrys
4*. Felicia, NIles, Saizo, Camilla

3* Serra

Level 40 Wrys. +Res/-HP

HP: 39
Atk: 28
Spd: 23
Def: 22
Res: 39

Weapon: Absorb (Serra)

Assist: Rehabiliate
Special: Glacies (Felicia)
Passive A: Warding Blow (Niles)
Passive B: Poison Strike 3 (Saizo)
Passive C: Savage Blow 3 (Camilla)

Too bad you can't put glacies on healers

7 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

As someone who also has Nino +Spd -Def that imo would be the best call for her, I mean in the event she does end up being attacked by a foe that can take her out at least you have some insurance to keep her alive. I use her with Eirika and they are such bffs. I myself personally use Iceberg for her just because it's faster than Dragonic Fang and in the event she is fighting another mage that can potentially survive her two double attacks normally. I will say that I'm wondering if Moonbow would be better for her because then the trigger is 3...

You mean escape route is the best call for her?

You are right but i think that moonbow is better because of her weapon +1 

What's your Skill A? I am thinking of changing it to DeathBlow/ LifeandDeath.

Just now, AuraGuardianR said:

Doesn't Wary Fighter cancel out Armads' ability? It's nice to be able to hit twice on attacking Takumis and the like.

Yes, but that is why you make sure Hector gets attacked first by the opponent and then once he lands his 2 attacks Wary Fighter would kick in at the damage he has taken during the combat he took place in.

2 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Any ideas for Reinhardt, Lucina or  Ephraim? Maybe something to make Olivia better or make someone a better healer? This whole update is overwhelming and I dont have much to upgrade at the moment... other suggestions would be awesome too! :D

https://m.imgur.com/a/rh2D6

Lucina has been a good support hero for me thus far. I've quipped her with Atk+ and Draw Back. Essentially, I keep her close to my tank (Effie) which buffs Effie's already ludicrous attack power. I can then use Lucina against dragons and ranged  enemies that would otherwise threaten the slower unit. Draw Back allows me to pull stronger enemies into Effie's reach as well. It isn't perfect, but it works

4 minutes ago, AbsoluteZer0Nova said:

Yes, but that is why you make sure Hector gets attacked first by the opponent and then once he lands his 2 attacks Wary Fighter would kick in at the damage he has taken during the combat he took place in.

No offense, but this is a bad idea.

Hector gets no follow-up attacks at all because Wary Fighter supersedes Armads. 

For funsies, let's assume Armads applies until 50% and Wary Fighter applied until 80%

For each HP IV, this is his effective range:

Low:24-39

Medium: 26-41

High: 27-41

It's not practical.

14 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

You mean escape route is the best call for her?

You are right but i think that moonbow is better because of her weapon +1 

What's your Skill A? I am thinking of changing it to DeathBlow/ LifeandDeath.

Yes and yeah I'm considering that now especially because it would really hurt Hector big time and take him out.

Her skill A imo should be Death Blow definitely because I feel like Life and Death should go to units like say Ephraim, Minerva and Jaffar who have pretty great defense already so it doesn't hurt them as much and while yes Nino shouldn't care about Def her Res is another story if you want her to take a hit from another mage and she already has high speed already and doesn't need it unlike Ephraim who benefits from it so he can avoid being doubled especially one with +Spd who can double neutral Spd Takumi granted he has Eirika buffing +4 for him at a whooping 38. 

If you give Nino Life and Death she has 44 spd but it's like... she already has a advantage to the likes of Linde and +Spd Azura) with a buff +4 with her at 43 she can double Anna and neutral spd Minerva. 

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2k7sp13rmcpsqwg/FE Heroes Speed Tier List March 5%2C 2017.pdf?dl=0

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

6 minutes ago, Chelone said:

Any ideas for Reinhardt, Lucina or  Ephraim? Maybe something to make Olivia better or make someone a better healer? This whole update is overwhelming and I dont have much to upgrade at the moment... other suggestions would be awesome too! :D

https://m.imgur.com/a/rh2D6

Give Reinhardt and Ephraim Death Blow. Reinhardt with Death Blow should be able to kill most Reds and a majority of Blues.

32 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

I run +spd -def, so I'm not sure if she can take hits anyway physically. Currently she already OHKO's Linde (ryoma + olivia gives a lot of attack power alone) and is about 3HP off of OHKOing Nowi. 

I think she can still eat a neutral Takumi but the second he's +atk or buffed by, say, Eirika she won't be able to take a hit from him anymore.

-Def Nino with LaD 2 is down to 33 hp/12 Def so most Takumi and various Distant Counter users will ohko. But you can probably ohko some of (the not reds) them first.

I think Life and Death is probably better for you because once people start running more inherited Death Blow/Hone Atk/Braves and such, fragile mages are orko'd regardless, even with Fury. 

edit: One advantage of Fury is you can damage yourself into Desperation (or vantage/etc) range, which can be very useful. May depend on if you rely on doubling or ohkos more.

Edited by XeKr

2 hours ago, Ariete said:

I was looking forward to giving Reconcile and Renewal to Tiki, but it seems like the healing abilities can't be passed to another character.

I guess my dream of having a healing tank has been shattered.

Check again for renewal.

Make sure to unfavorite the healer.

For obvious reasons, you can't have an HP healing command on a character with a weapon without a penalty.

Spoiler

vYaUptm.jpg

Edited by shadowofchaos

12 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

Is putting Escape Route on a 1 HP Nuke a good idea?

If you don't mind me interjecting...

Nino is generally too frail to take even a single hit, such that a skill that helps her at low health is essentially a wasted slot.

I also have a +Spe -Def Nino, and to be honest abusing Gronnblade'a effect to achieve OHKO's on units like Takumi is the best way to keep Nino from ever getting hit. Frankly, you might need to reconsider your team's composition if Nino is ending her turn in the enemy's range in your games.

As for my own suggestion of Nino's kit, Fury in Slot A raises your arena score by 12 points (ar least until the balance changes next month, and Swordbreaker in Slot B can catch some of the faster sword users who can survive being one shot by Nino.

13 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

No offense, but this is a bad idea.

Hector gets no follow-up attacks at all because Wary Fighter supersedes Armads. 

Looked into it and you're right (according to what people who have played against Hector with the ability in training tower). Well that's a shame.

I want to try to get Renewal onto Hector. He's already inherited Pivot, although I haven't leveled him up enough to actually learn it yet.

4 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Nino can't inherit Swordbreaker.

She can't? I thought it was limited to the triangle the unit is in. For instance, Lucina can't inherit Lancebreaker, but can inherit B Tomebreaker.

But thanks for the correction.

Edited by MrSmokestack

4 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

She can't? I thought it was limited to the triangle the unit is in. For instance, Lucina can't inherit Lancebreaker, but can inherit R Tomebreaker.

Nino's green. She's disadvantaged to swords.

In the other case, Lucina is red. She's disadvantaged to blues, so she wouldn't be able to inherit Female Reflet's Blue Tomebreaker.

Edited by shadowofchaos

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

She can't? I thought it was limited to the triangle the unit is in. For instance, Lucina can't inherit Lancebreaker, but can inherit B Tomebreaker.

Sword users can't inherit B Tomebreaker:

jgXhe93.png

The rule is: you can't fight the triangle.

Edited by Vaximillian

5 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

She can't neither. Essentially any unit who already has a disadvantage to the said color type can't inherit that the said skill to help them with that disadvantageous match up.

1 minute ago, MrSmokestack said:

She can't? I thought it was limited to the triangle the unit is in. For instance, Lucina can't inherit Lancebreaker, but can inherit R Tomebreaker.

TO EVERYONE IN THE FUTURE

YOU CANNOT INHERIT BREAKER SKILLS ON PEOPLE WITH TRIANGLE DISADVANTAGE

FOR EXAMPLE: AN AX USER CANNOT GET SWORD BREAKER. ALSO, A GREEN TOME USER CANNOT INHERIT SWORD BREAKER.

IT MUST BE NEUTRAL OR EFFECTIVE IN ORDER TO BE INHERITED. 

FOR EXAMPLE: NINO CAN GET AX BREAKER OR LANCE BREAKER BECAUSE SHE IS NEUTRAL TO GREEN AND EFFECTIVE TO BLUE/LANCES

It actually started annoying me when people kept asking/sayin "Giggity, I'm going to give ax breaker to (Lance user) for maximum coverage!!!!" Just to get told that it's impossible XD Hopefully this leads to less surprises. It would be helpful if @Ewwgene said something about it in the original post but make sure you spread the message to your friends and whatnot.