Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

2 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

People without bows could always learn moonbow. Ever heard of a young prince named Ephraim? 

Because I have enemy combat animations turned off I never noticed he had the skill.  Silly me ;-)

Its looking to be a good skill on Fury Erika as she'll double nearly everything and Moonbow will mean she'll basically be using Moonbow every melee fight.

Edited by Katrisa

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Extrasolar said:

So I have no head for these complex strategies and setups on people... I feel like I'm floundering in a pool when everyone else is going to have the most badass of badass units, especially in the arena. RIP me. ;-;

I've just been checking out the characters I've been using a lot and see if they are missing some slots. Then check out characters that have skills to fill those slots and if they are any good I can trasnfer them (or rank up the character to get a higher version of said skill.)

on the other hand, units that arent used much might be better now that they can get other skills. I'm still looking into everything and I really need to 5* a lot of my units just to kill them and give their skills away...

6 minutes ago, Elieson said:

I'm sure Eirika put many moon-shaped bows on him as young children, what with L'Arachel of Rausten being such a fashionista

L'Diva is kind of overrated to me ¬_¬

9 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Its looking to be a good skill on Fury Erika as she'll double nearly everything and Moonbow will mean she'll basically be using Moonbow every melee fight.

Healers are gonna be a major key, unless you give her renewal 3 somehow. That pivot will also be very helpful in getting out the way.

Has anyone managed to maximize Wrys' healing abilities by upgrading him to 5☆? I need to do a comparison whether the Rehabilitation + Imbue + Live to Serve is a better combination than Martyr + Imbue + Live to serve so if anyone could help me with thedata,I would greatly appreciate it!

I recently transferred Wrys' Live to Serve to Lucius (yes, that's how motivated I am to make Lucius useful despite the frustration from his class anomaly) and I think his heals are better now since the reduced amount of heal from himself caused by Martyr is being compensated by Live to Serve. Then again, I wouldn't be able to make a complete conclusion until I tried Rehabilitate on him (Also transferred from Wrys, and it's taking me a while because it's kind of a slow process to level up healers. For me at least.). 

So as of now here is his performance:

Spoiler

I wasn't able to record his self-heals before transferring but I believe it's somewhere around 6-8 hp for this example if he was to heal for a huge 44 hp.

So yes, if anyone would care to help, it will be greatly appreciated! :D:

Edited by Lucıůs

tumblr_omx848zOO31sn35pqo1_500.png

Who needs movement restrictions, anyway?

My plan for the moment is to focus on Hector, Marth, and Sharena, once I get the last few feathers tomorrow to get Sharena to 5*. I figure those three should be able to cover most things together, so that I don't need to put too much pressure on whatever bonus character I have to bring along each season. Lack of a ranged attacker is unfortunate, but at least Hector can counter ranged.

8 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

Didn't read all the posts. Should I sacrifice a 4* Gordin? He's almost level 40 but I haven't been using him much. Should I wait until I have enough feathers to promote him to 5* and get Vantage 3 instead?

Well if you don't want to spend the feathers then use his +3 attack instead. Also if you have no other bow users think twice about your feed.

6 minutes ago, GuiltyLove said:

My only other ones are 4* Jeorge and 4* Setsuna

Then what kind of question is this? XD Jeorge is mad nice especially with rising/Blazing flame. You can sacrifice Gordin but only his +3 Atk. 5 starring gordin when you have Jeorge makes no sense if you're doing it just for vantage.

Edited by Arcanite

4 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Then what kind of question is this? XD Jeorge is mad nice especially with rising/Blazing flame. You can sacrifice Gordin but only his +3 Atk. 5 starring gordin when you have Jeorge makes no sense if you're doing it just for vantage.

Thanks for the answer :P

28 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Healers are gonna be a major key, unless you give her renewal 3 somehow. That pivot will also be very helpful in getting out the way.

4* Fae ftw. I'm running Fury/Renewal on her right now actually...it's ok, but I've been left wondering if there are better options. I don't have a proc on her yet though...didn't have enough SP to pick one up (and only actually got through 2 levels of Fury).

I suddenly have an urge to make my Nowi (+Att/-Res) a 5 star with added inhertiance of Moonbow/Triangle Adept or Svalinn Shield (instead of Def+3)/Quick Riposte; probably still dies easily against Julia with Shield, but would have an edge against Falchions; who knows, maybe this combo isn't too shabby in the end....

However, trying out = pot committed .... and that hurts so much as a F2P... (also I'm probably not very skilled at planning these out efficiently)

grabbed a 1* lissa last night and turned her into a 4* to give Lachesis Rehab and Fire balm. If Lach's gonna be a healer, might as well make the best of it.

I still have free Wrys coming up i haven't used, either. also stahl's coming up soon and I can make him give Ryoma swap for my super positioning-heavy squad. nice.

Ryoma still has 824 sp left after I grabbed him Vantage3 and I'm gonna have 225 of that go to Swap. Got 600 or so left. What's a good alternative skill I can put on him?

Edited by Thor Odinson

6 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

I suddenly have an urge to make my Nowi (+Att/-Res) a 5 star with added inhertiance of Moonbow/Triangle Adept or Svalinn Shield (instead of Def+3)/Quick Riposte; probably still dies easily against Julia with Shield, but would have an edge against Falchions; who knows, maybe this combo isn't too shabby in the end....

However, trying out = pot committed .... and that hurts so much as a F2P... (also I'm probably not very skilled at planning these out efficiently)

Unfortunately, Svalinn Shield only goes to other armors.

Quick Riposte looks pretty sweet on her, though!

20 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Svalinn Shield can't be passed to Dragons. I believe it's armor-locked. The Lightning Breath/Quick Riposte thing sounds intriguing though...

Edit: Ninja'd. So hard. Like, word for word (almost).

Edited by LordFrigid

Hahaha wowww dangit. I was hoping only unused slots would be usable for this but alas. Too many options and I have no idea what to do with this ;; So prepare for en masse query on what skills are suggested for whom....

Spoiler

tumblr_omx3n6Ngam1shnqb4o1_540.pngtumblr_omx3n6Ngam1shnqb4o2_540.png

Not pictured: 3* Subaki x 2, Ursula, Bartre, Cherche, Niles, 2* Draug and Lisa

Here's who I'd like to prioritize (more or less in order of preference) : 

• Tiki : ideally would want to build my team around her as she's my favorite but IDK how optimal my setup is for that... suppose that's its own question shrug
  • Marth could use a nice proc ofc
  • Nino : probably one of the best characters I have in terms of nature and overall capabilities so def want to make sure she gets some useful stuff
  • Kagero : really useful in general so anything 
  • Abel : probably I guess? I don't really care about him but he's my best blue since m!Robin has a shitty nature (Def+/Speed-).
  • Serra / Lissa : I hear Lissa is really good so I'll prob 4* her when I can spare the feathers.... though I do also like Serra, and she goes well with Nino. Leaning toward Serra since she's already 4* so whatever's good for healers. Probably Wings of Mercy? I did just get Fred so that might be a viable option.

In terms of ppl I want to preferably keep, at least one each of Sophia, Raigh, Cherche, Oboro, Robin, Henry, and ofc the 1 each of the GHB characters since they're all I have go get good arena rankings most of the time lol. Most everyone else is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Cherche: 4* is Spe+/Atk-, 3* is Atk+/HP- if that helps anything (not sure which to keep), I probably will want her Pivot for someone since that's a cool ability.

Edited by BANRYU

2 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Higher scores in arena ftw. Definitely do this since Azura's rating is pretty low.

This will work for now.  But in the future they have stated they'll be using a new arena score breakdown including stat scores not including weapons or passives... but they do note afterward that equipped skills will have some impact.  I suspect they'll count the number of total skills equipped to try and avoid matching parties of the same star/merge/stats with say 3 equipped skills vs 5 equipped skills.

12 minutes ago, eclipse said:

Unfortunately, Svalinn Shield only goes to other armors.

Quick Riposte looks pretty sweet on her, though!

9 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Svalinn Shield can't be passed to Dragons. I believe it's armor-locked. The Lightning Breath/Quick Riposte thing sounds intriguing though...

Edit: Ninja'd. So hard. Like, word for word.

Whaaat, if it's armor-exclusive, then the wording on it is freaking pointless....., just say, nullifies armor-effectiveness or something.... geez IS....

Thanks for the info, I'll have to think of another A skill then, probably a defiant one.

1 hour ago, Arcanite said:

If you're  not using the 3 star Nino for +1 you can give someone (of your 5 stars) her draw back to help hector move his fat behind.

Takumi gets vantage 3 from 4 star Lon'qu 

Nino can get bowbreaker from sunseta and Glacies from Felicia or Moonbow from Palla

Hector can get Knock back from Olivia or obstruct from Hana

Anyone who doesn't have a special can get 4 star odin's moonbow.

Thanks for the advice. I've given one 3* and one 4* Odin to my Nino, she now has Moonbow and Defiant Atk 2, which is infinitely better than Resistance +3. I avoided giving her Bowbreaker because she's +Spd (39), and can double nearly everything with a speed buff from Eirika.

The only thing is I don't fancy using 2,000 feathers on a Lon-qu for the sake of vantage 3. I suppose it would be worth it in the long run, though. Waiting an extra week to get a new 5* unit won't be that big of a deal when Hector's strutting about with Vantage 3. Gonna do that.

I was tied between giving Vantage 3 to either Takumi or Hector. I figured Hector is more likely to survive attacks, and will make more use of it in that sense.

I gave Glacies and Resistance +1 to Eirika. As one of the highest Res units in my roster (Nino is -Res), I figured her lack of Special and A-skill would mean she's got nothing to lose and everything to gain from this.

I also gave Draw Back to Hector, so he can pull an ally with him, effectively doubling his own movement. I was going to give him Reciprocal Aid, but figured Draw Back is superior.

I gave my 4* Effie Bonfire and Spur Def 1 from that spare 4* Robin. She's definitely next on my list of units to upgrade to 5*.

I think that'll do for now. There's nothing else really worth passing on unless I use more feathers to upgrade my sacrifices. Vantage 3 was the exception.

16 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hahaha wowww dangit. I was hoping only unused slots would be usable for this but alas. Too many options and I have no idea what to do with this ;; So prepare for en masse query on what skills are suggested for whom....

Reveal hidden contents

tumblr_omx3n6Ngam1shnqb4o1_540.pngtumblr_omx3n6Ngam1shnqb4o2_540.png

Not pictured: 3* Subaki x 2, Ursula, Bartre, Cherche, Niles, 2* Draug and Lisa

Here's who I'd like to prioritize (more or less in order of preference) : 

• Tiki : ideally would want to build my team around her as she's my favorite but IDK how optimal my setup is for that... suppose that's its own question shrug
  • Marth could use a nice proc ofc
  • Nino : probably one of the best characters I have in terms of nature and overall capabilities so def want to make sure she gets some useful stuff
  • Kagero : really useful in general so anything 
  • Abel : probably I guess? I don't really care about him but he's my best blue since m!Robin has a shitty nature (Def+/Speed-).
  • Serra / Lissa : I hear Lissa is really good so I'll prob 4* her when I can spare the feathers.... though I do also like Serra, and she goes well with Nino. Leaning toward Serra since she's already 4* so whatever's good for healers. Probably Wings of Mercy? I did just get Fred so that might be a viable option.

In terms of ppl I want to preferably keep, at least one each of Sophia, Raigh, Cherche, Oboro, Robin, Henry, and ofc the 1 each of the GHB characters since they're all I have go get good arena rankings most of the time lol. Most everyone else is fair game as far as I'm concerned.

Cherche: 4* is Spe+/Atk-, 3* is Atk+/HP- if that helps anything (not sure which to keep), I probably will want her Pivot for someone since that's a cool ability.

Note also that I'm a F2P player and have several units I'm trying to 5* (mainly Nino and Kagero among others) so feather efficiency is the name of the game for me, but I'll also take suggestions on who to hold out for in order for full optimization.

Okay looking through who I've got again, here's what I'm thinking so far: 

- Quick Riposte for Tiki: I have 4 Subakis I can easily spare for this lol and having even QR1 will allow her to ORKO any Takumi that attacks her while putting her in range of Defiant Attack for glass cannon status. Can also give her Swap, which might be good for positioning and whatnot and is efficient feather-wise.

- Nino: I've got a 4* Hana who can pass Life or Death 2 which is pretty good already and would save me having to 5* her. Regarding Procs, I have a few Niles / Palla I could take Moonbow or Iceberg from, that seems pretty useful. 

- Marth: Off the top of my head, Sol or Noontime seems useful for him to amplify his healing factor, though there's also Moonbow and several Pallas I could take advantage of. COULD give him Death Blow from Leo or Ursula but I'm reluctant to get rid of either or spend feathers on my weaker Ursula. 

- Kagero: Not really sure but maybe Moonbow or something might be good, but I'd prefer to focus on skill slots that aren't taken before going to that. No idea what to use for slot C or her support slot really. 

20 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Edit: Ninja'd. So hard. Like, word for word (almost).

Great minds think alike. ;):

18 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Reveal hidden contents

Kagero: Do everything in your power to amp her Attack (whether it's the gimmicky Reciprocal Aid/Defiant Atk combo, or something simpler like Atk +3.
Abel: See Kagero.  For the B skill, give Drag Back a whirl!
Healer: How do you use them?