Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

2 minutes ago, Ryuke said:

On a serious note...

Why cant we change boon/bane?

I didnt roll perfect IV ... oh well..... welll... at least I can beat my good iv anyday.

Might happen eventually, but having to pull a new character to get a new stat roll is currently feeding revenue.

In time, more convenience features will probably be released. I'd imagine it would either cost orbs or feathers to re-roll a character when and if it's implemented.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I have a +def-res Tharja, and she may or may not be my favorite character. I was wondering what skills I should throw her way. I was thinking Darting blow which she gets normally and desperation but idk what else would be good or whether desperation would even be good for her. Any ideas guys?

3 minutes ago, mersinary said:

So I have a +def-res Tharja, and she may or may not be my favorite character. I was wondering what skills I should throw her way. I was thinking Darting blow which she gets normally and desperation but idk what else would be good or whether desperation would even be good for her. Any ideas guys?

Hey, I got a Tharja with that same stat spread!

Generally, Tharja is too frail to be using skills that require her to be below half. Your kit for her will want to emphasize her abilities as a glass cannon. Threaten Speed lets her speed creep enemies in tandem with her innate Darting Blow, and Threaten Resistance, while not an alternative I'd recommend, can set her up for OHKO's if you stack the buffs on her tome.

B Skills are mostly in the air though, perhaps Daggerbreaker might be good for +Speed Jaffars or Kageros that would otherwise ruin her day. I'd say take a look at some B skills and decide what helps your team the most.

Effie lacks a special skill. With so many possibilities, I'm not sure which one to give her.

She can get more physically tanky with Escutcheon/Pavise, or patch up her ranged weakness with Aegis...

Or she could go offensive with Dragon Fang, Bonfire, or Moonbow... Even something like Retribution is a possibility. What do you guys think is the best?

Edited by Tragonight

8 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

Effie lacks a special skill. With so many possibilities, I'm not sure which one to give her.

She can get more physically tanky with Escutcheon/Pavise, or patch up her ranged weakness with Aegis...

Or she could go offensive with Dragon Fang, Bonfire, or Moonbow... Even something like Retribution is a possibility. What do you guys think is the best?

I went with Ingis, will eventually give her a Brave Lance+. That's a fast enough activation time for me.

1 minute ago, TheNiddo said:

I went with Ingis, will eventually give her a Brave Lance+. That's a fast enough activation time for me.

I'm assuming you took off Wary Fighter? That makes her a lot more susceptible to range. What did you replace the B skill with?

14 minutes ago, Tragonight said:

I'd actually recommend Sol or Noontime if you can get it onto her. One of Effie's main strengths is Wary Fighter, so keeping her HP up is important. Also, if you can transfer a Killer Lance onto her that helps with proc activation. 

1 hour ago, Katrisa said:

This is posing some serious questions about how useful the feature is in many situations because most of us don't have a bunch of 5 star characters sitting around to sacrifice.

Or the feathers to uncap/promote/unlock potential our 4* characters  (which I see as a bigger issue than lack of 5*, personally)

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Might happen eventually, but having to pull a new character to get a new stat roll is currently feeding revenue.

In time, more convenience features will probably be released. I'd imagine it would either cost orbs or feathers to re-roll a character when and if it's implemented.

or SP (I'm going to guess feathers though and hope it's not orbs).

I honestly don't mind if we can never pick another boon/bane combo, but ability to make them neutral would be nice for those who roll a horrible one.

I've been thinking about it, and I think I'm going with these inherits:

• Kagero: Moonbow from Odin, Rally Attack and Life and Death from Hana, and possibly Breath of Life from Felicia or Threaten Speed from Selena. The idea is to maximize her ability to one-shot infantry, the other skills are there more because I don't see any better options (and Rally Attack because I can get 3 skills from Hana anyways)
  • Olivia: Ruby Sword and Wings of Mercy from Palla, or maybe Triangle Adept from Selena. Basically give her limited ability to warp around and some utility as a counter to greens
  • Ursula: Blárblade and something else from Odin (Moonbow or Defiant Attack, basically), IF I don't have any other bonus characters from next arena season
  • Sharena: I'm actually not sure about her. I'm thinking Moonbow (again, from Odin) and either Seal Speed, Desperation or Renewal (from Virion, Shanna and Lissa, respectively), but none of these really click with me like my other ideas. Lancebreaker could also be interesting to get some blue countering utility since I don't have many greens right now.

Any thoughts?

I've got a +Spd Lyn...so she nearly doubles everything anyways (please correct me if I'm wrong). Yet, I'm seeing a lot of mention of Desperation or Brash Assault as skills to inherit. Her Sol Katti already gives her an innate Desperation, and with her high speed she usually follows-up/doubles most opponents that counter anyways if they don't already kill her at less than 50% HP. Can someone explain why these skills are recommended? I feel something like Vantage or Quick Riposte would be more useful no? Thanks.

27 minutes ago, DevilinXIII said:

I've got a +Spd Lyn...so she nearly doubles everything anyways (please correct me if I'm wrong). Yet, I'm seeing a lot of mention of Desperation or Brash Assault as skills to inherit. Her Sol Katti already gives her an innate Desperation, and with her high speed she usually follows-up/doubles most opponents that counter anyways if they don't already kill her at less than 50% HP. Can someone explain why these skills are recommended? I feel something like Vantage or Quick Riposte would be more useful no? Thanks.

I don't know why people mention Desperation for her; they must not realize Sol Katti comes with a free Desperation. 

As for Brash Assault, it's to let her double all the melee units (most sword lords, like Lucina) that she can't normally double. Brash Assault in conjunction with Desperation basically turns Sol Katti into a Brave Sword (without the drawbacks) at <50% HP, which is highly attractive to a lot of people, even moreso because Lyn is literally the only character that can pull this off (since normally Desperation and Brash Assault can't be used in conjunction since they're both B skills). 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

I don't know why people mention Desperation for her; they must not realize Sol Katti comes with a free Desperation. 

As for Brash Assault, it's to let her double all the melee units (most sword lords, like Lucina) that she can't normally double. Brash Assault in conjunction with Desperation basically turns Sol Katti into a Brave Sword (without the drawbacks) at <50% HP, which is highly attractive to a lot of people, even moreso because Lyn is literally the only character that can pull this off (since normally Desperation and Brash Assault can't be used in conjunction since they're both B skills). 

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the requirements between Spd difference is in order to double or be doubled?

Speaking of Lucina...anyone on thoughts of putting Renewal on her?

1 hour ago, Tragonight said:

I'm assuming you took off Wary Fighter? That makes her a lot more susceptible to range. What did you replace the B skill with?

Nope. Brave Lance's double attack counts as a single attack as far as Wary Fighter is concerned. Should think of Wary Fighter not as "only one attack" and instead as "only one round of attacks".

Just now, DevilinXIII said:

Thanks for the reply. Do you know what the requirements between Spd difference is in order to double or be doubled?

Speaking of Lucina...anyone on thoughts of putting Renewal on her?

The speed difference is 5. Once your speed is 5 or more above another unit's, you double them (unless you have Brash Assault or Quick Riposte, in which case you double regardless of your speed).

As for Lucina, Renewal seems awfully redundant on her, as Falchion already comes with Renewal 2. 

I'm pretty sure Renewal & Falchion stack. I came across a Renewal Lucina in the Arena about half an hour ago and I remember doing a double take on the 1st EP like "wait, she healed 20?".

Edit: I had a Fae lying around, so I tried it out. Poor Fae. They do stack though. Or at least Falchion and Renewal 1 do.

Edit 2: Works with Renewal 2 as well. Don't have enough SP to do Renewal 3, but I'm not really expecting anything different.

Renewal_Falchion_Stack.png.ba100898a1ad63817c9b11d5abd98d6d.png

Edited by LordFrigid

I mentioned this in the pinned thread, but I uncovered some info that I think not everyone knows but is useful to know.

I tested with a 1 star Virion, had him inherit some skills I don't care about, then unlocked him to 2 stars. He kept the skills. So it looks like inherited skills are NOT lost upon raising the star level of a unit, which is good to know.

Later, I gave my 4 star Ursula Blarblade and Blarblade+. And Blarblade+ is showing up in the list of skills she can CURRENTLY learn, even though it is a 5 star skill and I haven't yet raised her to 5 stars. I don't yet have the SP to give her even regular Blarblade, so I can't yet test for sure if she can learn it, but it looks like inherited skills ignore star requirements once inherited. Interesting, and not what I expected.

I'm conflicted. I pulled an extra Odin, which I'd been hoping for because I need to get specials for Marth and Sharena and the moon tree is my favorite, but at 3* he can only pass down New Moon. 2000 feathers to upgrade him to 4* to pass down Moonbow is pretty steep, but it's really tempting.

2 minutes ago, Othin said:

I'm conflicted. I pulled an extra Odin, which I'd been hoping for because I need to get specials for Marth and Sharena and the moon tree is my favorite, but at 3* he can only pass down New Moon. 2000 feathers to upgrade him to 4* to pass down Moonbow is pretty steep, but it's really tempting.

I've been in your position, and it sucks. It makes me really sad to have to use up feathers for what I know is going to be fodder.

The way I think of it is like this though: you'll eventually get 2000 feathers back (you should get more than that each week in Arena), but who knows when the next time you summon a unit with Moonbow will be? 

(That said, I can only really justify applying that logic to upgrading units to 4*. No way in hell am I spending 20k feathers on fodder)

5 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I've been in your position, and it sucks. It makes me really sad to have to use up feathers for what I know is going to be fodder.

The way I think of it is like this though: you'll eventually get 2000 feathers back (you should get more than that each week in Arena), but who knows when the next time you summon a unit with Moonbow will be? 

(That said, I can only really justify applying that logic to upgrading units to 4*. No way in hell am I spending 20k feathers on fodder)

Yeah, that's my thinking. The odds of getting another 4* Odin (or Catria) in any reasonable timeframe are really low, and even if I did, getting Moonbow on Marth first would probably just mean I'd want to give the other one to Sharena. I do want to save up feathers for more upgrades, but I don't have anything really imminent I'll want to go for at the moment, at least not after I get the last few feathers tomorrow to get Sharena to 5*. 2000 feathers is a steep price for what works out to just a skill upgrade, but for a key upgrade to one of my best characters, it's a fair price.

Now with the mention of giving Brash Assault to Lyn, I'm really starting to wondering a +Spd Lyn is really that good? I mean she chould be -Spd but as long as she's below 50% HP she'll double anyone. Maybe my Boon would be better if it were +Def instead...

Edited by DevilinXIII

1 minute ago, DevilinXIII said:

Now with the mention of giving Brash Assault to Lyn, I'm really starting to wondering a +Spd Lyn is really that good? I mean she chould be -Spd but as long as she's below 50 HP she'll double anyone. Maybe my Boon would be better if it were +Def instead...

I think +Atk -Hp is her best set now. Atk is obvious while -Hp allows her to hit the <50% threshold faster.