Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

3 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

I have a question from something I was observing and trying to figure out.

Does anyone know if these stack?

Dark Breath    -5 Atk/Spd
Seal Atk          -7 Atk
Threaten Atk  -5 Atk

I have a tanky female Corrin -Atk +Spd and I've been debating greatly about how to adjust her.  She's highly susceptible to magic damage but can physically tank super nasty stuff.  It occurred to me it might be fun to make her a total debuff bot and try to maim the attackers damage entirely.  

I'm going to test things out myself but I'm curious if anyone else has tried this?

Likewise what are folks thoughts of using Threaten Atk 3 or Threaten Def 3 on Hector?  On one hand it won't affect his direct magic counters much.  But it could make it very difficult for many physical reds greens and blues to cut him down progressively.  Between the two I'm not sure which would be worse... Threaten Atk could make him chunkier as most melees require two turns to down him.  While Threaten Def on a vantage Hector could result in more oneshot counters.

Nope, they don't stack. They won't get debuffed further than 7 from seal attack

Kind of like if you had hone attack on 2 people, you wouldn't gain +8 attack. Unless you had hone+spur. Then you'd gain +8 attack.

For hector it depends on what you can counter after. Got some mages in the back to support hector but they also have low resistance? Threaten attack. Got a bunch of physical units and (high defense unit) is being a pain in the bam bam? Threaten defense

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Does anyone know if these stack?

Dark Breath    -5 Atk/Spd
Seal Atk          -7 Atk
Threaten Atk  -5 Atk

Buffs and debuffs that appear as arrows next to the unit on the map and highlight the stat in their unit preview do not stack. Only the highest value buff and highest value debuff is active. (I believe a maximum of 1 buff and 1 debuff is possible.)

15 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Also why are people putting draw back on Hector?  Is it because putting draw back on all your defensive units will cause them to cluster endlessly?  I haven't seen any videos but I've started to theorize that having drawback/swap on all your defensive units may cause the whole team to stall together rather than spread out.

Probably because the AI is extremely obnoxious when it has Draw Back, Swap, Shove, Smite, Pivot, and Reposition available to it.

11 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Nope, they don't stack. They won't get debuffed further than 7 from seal attack

Kind of like if you had hone attack on 2 people, you wouldn't gain +8 attack. Unless you had hone+spur. Then you'd gain +8 attack.

For hector it depends on what you can counter after. Got some mages in the back to support hector but they also have low resistance? Threaten attack. Got a bunch of physical units and (high defense unit) is being a pain in the bam bam? Threaten defense

Thanks that's what I thought.

I guess then If I want to make my Female Corrin a physical shutdown I could probably have a ball going with 
Dark Breath (default)
Special: Moonbow
A: DefiantDefense
B: Seal Res (default)
C: Threaten Atk

Which would create a 12 defense change at 50% on her turn ontop of her 34 base for 46 defense.   Which would probably zero out most anything non-green after 50%

Edited by Katrisa

1 minute ago, Katrisa said:

Thanks that's what I thought.

I guess then If I want to make my Female Corrin a physical shutdown I could probably have a ball going with 
Dark Breath (default)

Looks good. You would need a tome user answer, which I'm assuming you have since you went through all this trouble. F Corrin is really nasty, especially +Spd ones. She basically turns into a psycho with a boon like that.

12 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

I am aware Quick Riposte guarantees a follow-up attack, but when a Brave weapon user has it he makes his attacks one at a time. If he is doubled and in danger of getting KO'd, Quick Riposte will not affect the outcome as he will only attack once.

Reinhardt gets attacked by Linde. Let's pretend Linde can one round him. She attacks, he gets hit. He hits her once. She attacks again and KO's him. If he survived this hit, then he would attack again.

Ah, I guess I misinterpreted your reply. I'll scratch giving Reinhardt riposte then.

7 hours ago, eclipse said:

You can either have him teleport around with Wings of Mercy/Escape Route, or Bowbreaker (since he absolutely does NOT want to be doubled by them, and he's bulky enough to take a single hit).

EDIT: Running some quick numbers reveals the following, assuming neutral Reinhardt and Bowbreaker:

- The only archers that won't drop him down to half-health are Rebecca, Niles, and Setsuna.
- The only ones that'll survive the ensuing 41 MT to their face (twice) is Rebecca, Niles, and Jeorge.

The tl;dr is that if you want to use Bowbreaker, it might not be a bad idea to slap Defiant Atk on him, since Rebecca/NIles aren't that popular.

Hm. That's an interesting idea. Though since I'm running a Cavalry team, I'd probably digress on giving him Bowbreaker (I might give him if I do experience difficulty however).

Wings of Mercy OTOH, it has a really weighty potential and can really make for some insane shenanigans. Guess I'll have to pull a Cain first.

Just now, pianime94 said:

Ah, I guess I misinterpreted your reply. I'll scratch giving Reinhardt riposte then.

Hm. That's an interesting idea. Though since I'm running a Cavalry team, I'd probably digress on giving him Bowbreaker (I might give him if I do experience difficulty however).

Wings of Mercy OTOH, it has a really weighty potential and can really make for some insane shenanigans. Guess I'll have to pull a Cain first.

There's a slight error in that list - Setsuna will survive with 1 HP, meaning that literally anyone can kill her off.  A slight detail, but I think it's an important one!

20 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Dark Breath (default)

Which would create a 12 defense change at 50% on her turn ontop of her 34 base for 46 defense.   Which would probably zero out most anything non-green after 50%

Dark Breath does -5 ATT & -5 SPD to enemies after combat. I assume it also affects the enemy you just attacked, but I don't have a F!Corrin to check. So, if Dark Breath does affect that enemy, then I would replace Threaten Atk with a different skill (as Threaten Atk is also -5 ATT, and debuffs do not stack).

Instead of Threaten Atk, I recommend...
Threaten DEF - Make F!Corrin the ultimate debuff unit. She debuffs ATT and SPD after combat in an area, she seals the target's RES, and at the start of every turn, she lowers the DEF of nearby enemies by 5. // Of course, if you are not using physical units, then there is no need to run this skill.

Savage Blow - In addition to debuffing foes in an area, deal up to 7 damage to them as well after attacking.

Breath of Life - If you are focused on being defensive, Breath of Life allows F!Corrin to heal adjacent allies for up to 7 HP. This may not seem much, but it can help.

Of course, you can always run the buff skills (Hone & Fortify) as well for the C Passive.

what is a good breaker on sanaki? im thinking sword breaker with henrys tome?? with her triangle adept she one shots most green units and the only thing she would be lacking against would be blue units.

Just now, Shiro said:

what is a good breaker on sanaki? im thinking sword breaker with henrys tome?? with her triangle adept she one shots most green units and the only thing she would be lacking against would be blue units.

It depends on what you're using your Sanaki to do. For example, I had a choice to put axebreaker on Sanaki or Alfonse today, and I chose to put it on Alfonse because Sanaki 1HKOs most axes on player phase anyway and shouldn't be getting attacked on enemy phase (and can't counterattack back either). If you're using your Sanaki on player phase to take out sword users, and she doesn't 1HKO or double, in that case swordbreaker might work on her.

3 minutes ago, Sunwoo said:

It depends on what you're using your Sanaki to do. For example, I had a choice to put axebreaker on Sanaki or Alfonse today, and I chose to put it on Alfonse because Sanaki 1HKOs most axes on player phase anyway and shouldn't be getting attacked on enemy phase (and can't counterattack back either). If you're using your Sanaki on player phase to take out sword users, and she doesn't 1HKO or double, in that case swordbreaker might work on her.

the only reason why i dont put swordbreaker on sanaki atm is due to the fact that my catria covers all red units in terms of sheer power. however it would be nice to have a more diverse set to cover multiple weaknesses. that being said im looking to replace my linde with someone like ninian or another axe user other than hector since his moblility is so low. i am hoping they release another op green unit next banner in hopes that i can cover my glaring blue unit weakness. bow users also tend to be a problem for me at times namly my catria.

4 minutes ago, Shiro said:

the only reason why i dont put swordbreaker on sanaki atm is due to the fact that my catria covers all red units in terms of sheer power. however it would be nice to have a more diverse set to cover multiple weaknesses. that being said im looking to replace my linde with someone like ninian or another axe user other than hector since his moblility is so low. i am hoping they release another op green unit next banner in hopes that i can cover my glaring blue unit weakness. bow users also tend to be a problem for me at times namly my catria.

You can give Hector pivot and wings of mercy to increase his mobility

36 minutes ago, Sire said:

Dark Breath does -5 ATT & -5 SPD to enemies after combat. I assume it also affects the enemy you just attacked, but I don't have a F!Corrin to check. So, if Dark Breath does affect that enemy, then I would replace Threaten Atk with a different skill (as Threaten Atk is also -5 ATT, and debuffs do not stack).

That's the weird part about Corrin F, Dark Breath does not affect the character she attacked.  I'm contemplating going with Triangle Adept 3 over the Defiant defense skill in which case she attempts to oneshot a red and debuffs everyone near by.  Which then leaves the question if everyones attack is down you're right I don't need an attack debuff in slot C.  Now without triangle adept I usually let the enemy attack her first.  Which honestly I find to be super common in my arena play, baiting enemies into attacks.  

Now if I were really "smart" the better play may be to go with something like Triangle adept as above, and with Moonbow I could maybe oneshot a number of reds.  In which case she would likely no longer need Seal Res... or she could switch seal Res for a C Threaten Res.  That would leave the B slot open for things like Drag back, Desperation, Vantage, etc.

I suspect I'll be passing Corrin F, Triangle Adept and Moonbow and then assess what would benefit her most from there.

Edited by Katrisa

2 minutes ago, Korath88 said:

You can give Hector pivot and wings of mercy to increase his mobility

wings of mercy actually doesnt sound bad at all! and i currently have swap on him and since i dont have much sp left i think ill keep it for a while. would any of the breaker skills work on hector or? eg any kinds of blue or green tome breakers. 

I also plan on putting +5 hp lightning breath escape route and hone defense on ninian. does that sounds good? my ninian is a +spd variant with -def so i think the +5 hp will help keep her survivability up along with lightning breath as im hoping the only units that will hit her are ranged.

Edited by Shiro

1 minute ago, Shiro said:

wings of mercy actually doesnt sound bad at all! and i currently have swap on him and since i dont have much sp left i think ill keep it for a while. would any of the breaker skills work on hector or? eg any kinds of blue or green tome breakers

Breakers take up the B slot so he can't run wings of mercy with a breaker. He also has built in quick riposte so he doesn't need a breaker.

Pivot is also better than swap as it allows for 3 spaces of movement compared to 2 with swap.

Hey question I'm not seeing an obvious answer to.  What are people doing for getting extra skill points on level 40 characters?  Are you just grinding towers for the measily +3 skill ups?  Or is there a better way that I'm missing (outside of merging)?

Just now, Katrisa said:

Hey question I'm not seeing an obvious answer to.  What are people doing for getting extra skill points on level 40 characters?  Are you just grinding towers for the measily +3 skill ups?  Or is there a better way that I'm missing (outside of merging)?

Only way to do it is grinding 100 years in the towers. 

Just now, Katrisa said:

If you have the unit low level still, you can grind low level towers back when each kill gives 10 exp each but still +3 SP. Very stamina lite, very quick (your unit should have a 5* weapon), and you can auto battle.

Just now, Katrisa said:

i think i quoted you in a different thread but im not sure. other than merge and 3 sp per kill with lvl 40 units the max they can still get that 3 sp would be 35 i think. and so far there is no alternate way of getting sp.

1 minute ago, Katrisa said:

1. Merging.
  2. 3 SP per kill on enemies level 35? or higher.
  3. 1 SP per kill in the arena. Not sure if there is a level restriction.
  4. If promoting a lower rarity unit, level the lower rarity unit to level 40 before promoting.

Thanks for the response... I hate that your answers are what I knew.. that makes me so sad.  They need to fix that soon.  Talk about terrible.   I'm finding some of my plots ground to a halt due to this.  It wouldn't be so bad but some characters have vast amounts of extra points (like native 5 stars) while some who leveled rapidly on higher level kills have very few points.   I'll have to keep this in mind in the future while leveling to pad their points some.

Actually that's really dumb that you can pad their points at low levels but not at high... talk about illogical design.

Edited by Katrisa

7 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Thanks for the response... I hate that your answers are what I knew.. that makes me so sad.  They need to fix that soon.  Talk about terrible.   I'm finding some of my plots ground to a halt due to this.  It wouldn't be so bad but some characters have vast amounts of extra points (like native 5 stars) while some who leveled rapidly on higher level kills have very few points.   I'll have to keep this in mind in the future while leveling to pad their points some.

Actually that's really dumb that you can pad their points at low levels but not at high... talk about illogical design.

I'm hoping at some point in the near future, they'll let us merge non-matching characters for SP (at lower efficiency than matching characters).

Or spend shards and crystals for SP.

Or spend feathers for SP.

Or really spend anything for SP goddammit.

4 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

I'm hoping at some point in the near future, they'll let us merge non-matching characters for SP (at lower efficiency than matching characters).

Or spend shards and crystals for SP.

Or spend feathers for SP.

Or really spend anything for SP goddammit.

What about badges? There's a ridiculous surplus of them, so an exchange rate of 1 badge for 1 SP and 1 great badge for 3 SP would be reasonable. 

That +10 M!Robin that someone posted a while back looks terrifying to be up against, even with a -Atk nature!

As for me, my M!Robin now packs Triangle Adept and Blue Tomebreaker which means he laughs at Takumis (and most other colorless units) and reds forever and will at least make blue mages think twice before engaging him.

So I just had this thought: 

Effie with a Brave Lance. She'd be supported by Hector's Goad Armor.

It made sense to me, because you'd always want to initiate the attack (because of Death blow) and a Brave Lance would be best fit for that. (I'd sacrifice my 5* Cordelia. My Effie is 4* and.... Would she keep the Brave Lance+ even when upgrading her to 5*?). Also, Wary Fighter would help her greatly, because she'd get doubled by literally everything that's not Sophia :D (Which also makes the -5 speed of the lance neglectable).

Im missing a C skill and a... Purple skill (missing the name). Would Galeforce be viable to take over as well?

Open for any suggestions, I'm not that good at the game, so every suggestion and critique is welcomed!!