Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

35 minutes ago, DevilinXIII said:

Thanks for the input, A-skill will more than likely end up running with Triangle Adept...so throughout his speed will be neutral

In that case yeah, it could end up being pretty good. (whoops just realized you mentioned that and I didn't notice ~___~ My bad)

So the kit would be Blarraven+/Bonfire/TA/Renewal, then? Not sure what you're running for support move or slot C, but Threaten Atk or Res seems good for C. Support skill is whatever your team wants, I guess.

EDIT: What are good units to give Fury to? specific or general, either way. I have a Jagen and two Bartres who I figure I can take advantage of that from lol

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

In that case yeah, it could end up being pretty good. (whoops just realized you mentioned that and I didn't notice ~___~ My bad)

So the kit would be Blarraven+/Bonfire/TA/Renewal, then? Not sure what you're running for support move or slot C, but Threaten Atk or Res seems good for C. Support skill is whatever your team wants, I guess.

EDIT: What are good units to give Fury to? specific or general, either way. I have a Jagen and two Bartres who I figure I can take advantage of that from lol

Fury's great because it's a really general skill that works well on everyone.

Personally though, I favor putting Fury on a character that thrives at low HP %s (such as Lyn) to take advantage of the HP loss. 1-2 hits (taking or receiving) with Fury is typically enough to get someone into Desperation 3 zone to turn them into a pseudo-brave nuke. I personally have Fury on Tharja as it has good synergy with Desperation and Vengeance, but there are plenty of other characters it could work well on. 

1 hour ago, BANRYU said:

I find Fury to be best on...

1. Units that run some form of HP Replenishment, such as Sol, Noontime, or Renewal. The heals practically negate the Fury self-damage while Fury adds the +3 to ATT, SPD, DEF, and RES. (This also works on Falchion users)

2. Low HP Builds, typically relying on Reprisal, Vengeance, Desperation, or Vantage. (Defiant clashes with Fury for the A slot passive.)

For Vengeance, try using Virion. If you can set it up right, Neutral!Viron can do 22 damage when on 1 HP when Vengeance procs. Why Virion? He has the largest HP pool of the ranged characters, and happens to have decent ATT and SPD.  Run a Dancer with him for extra hilarity.

No other 3 charge skill (save for Glimmer in the right circumstances [Effective Damage and/or WTA]) can reach that level of damage as Bonfire and Iceberg will only see up to 20 damage (if the user has 40 DEF or RES) while Draconic Aura will only reach 18 damage if the ATT is 60. Thinking about Luna? Good luck finding someone that has over 44 DEF or RES in order to beat the damage output of 22. (Moral of the story, run Iceberg/Bonfire or Ignis/Glacies if your unit has more than 30 in either DEF or RES. They will do at least 15 damage per skill activation and is fairly reliable.)

For specific units, I recommend Dancers. I give to these characters to help them with survivability as they are not really meant to see direct combat. +3 SPD can mean the difference between being doubled or not for some of these characters, and the +3 DEF & RES help too.

I would also say Healers, but apparently they cannot have Fury, just like how they cannot have Poison Strike. Tis a sad day indeed...

Edited by Sire
Healers are never Furious. They are merely serene and carefree~

Welp...pulled a 5* Cain. I kiiinda want to pull a neutral/+Spd Caeda now. I'm thinking something like...

Caeda: Brave Sword+, Darting Blow, Desperation, Fortify Fliers (or Savage Blow for all the SP-expensiveness), [Pick any Assist], Iceberg.

Duct tape her to Hinoka and Palla (maybe tack Goad Fliers on Cordelia instead so I have someone that can actually kill Takumi). Watch 43 Atk, 48/51 Spd, and virtually guaranteed Iceberg proc every combat rip through everything.

Then tack on Wings of Mercy/Draw Back [someone...probably Camilla] to get her out after shredding whatever poor soul happened to be in her way.

8 minutes ago, Sire said:

(This also works on Falchion users and even Healers. Give them Reconcile, Martyr or Live to Serve, and now your healer is just that little more dangerous.)

Healers can't get Fury (going in game now to make sure it wasn't just an Elise thing, but I doubt it).

Edit: Nope, no Fury for healers.

Edited by LordFrigid

4 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

Welp...pulled a 5* Cain. I kiiinda want to pull a neutral/+Spd Caeda now. I'm thinking something like...

Caeda: Brave Sword+, Darting Blow, Desperation, Fortify Fliers (or Savage Blow for all the SP-expensiveness), [Pick any Assist], Iceberg.

Duct tape her to Hinoka and Palla (maybe tack Goad Fliers on Cordelia instead so I have someone that can actually kill Takumi). Watch 43 Atk, 48/51 Spd, and virtually guaranteed Iceberg proc every combat rip through everything.

Then tack on Wings of Mercy/Draw Back [someone...probably Camilla] to get her out after shredding whatever poor soul happened to be in her way.

Healers can't get Fury (going in game now to make sure it wasn't just an Elise thing, but I doubt it).

Spoiler

Man, they killed off my Azama's Poison Strike & Pain combo and then they also stop the Fury combo with Martyr and Live to Serve? Does IS really hate healers that much in Heroes?

The only time I see Healers being annoying is when running the tower or doing story missions. Those "Healers," especially Troubadours,  end up doubling and do lots of damage to my units (since my Team Comps tend to be low RES).

Anyways, thanks for the heads up. I'll fix the post in light of this information.

Edited by Sire

R.I.P. the dream. While I'm on the subject, might as well say that they also can't get Life and Death, any of the "Blow"s, Poison Strike (looks like you figured out that one), or any of the "Seal"s (which is unfortunate, because double-debuff would be fabulous).

Edited by LordFrigid

1 minute ago, LordFrigid said:

R.I.P. the dream. While I'm on the subject, might as well say that they also can't get Life and Death, any of the "Blow"s, Poison Strike (looks like you figured out that one), or any of the "Seal"s.

... ... ...

...Healers can't even equip Seals?! That was one of their saving graces to actually contribute to the team (and build up charges) when not healing!

Well, I guess Healers have no utility whatsoever outside of pure heals, the Balm skills, and whatever Staff effects they have. I can see why Healers can be seen as "overpowered" since there is not many ways to replenish HP in Heroes and the smaller roster sizes, but the player that fields the healer loses out on a hero that can deal damage. The meta also highly favors burst damage, which in turn favors a character that deals damage over one that can heal or tank damage.

To me, it seems far superior to run a "pseudo healer" that runs Sol or Noontime, Adent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid, "Passive A," Renewal, and Breath of Life than it is to run a proper staffie. Sure, the heals may not be as effective, but you have an actual combat unit that can deal damage or tank instead of whatever the Healers do.

Man... Here I thought I could try to make Healers viable, but it seems IS decided to nerf Healers while opening the floodgates for Close Counter and Distant Counter. While I like those skills for aesthetic reasons ("Battle Cleric" Lissa or "Rogue" Matthew), they seem extremely powerful for what they are. If anything, I expected them to be locked and not Healers to be shafted from the Inherit Skill system.

Anyways, I'll stop here, otherwise I'm going to rant up an entire wall of text. Thanks again for the information.

what skills could I give to caeda to make her slightly better? i want to do the flier quest but I only have 3 fliers I've trained slightly, and none of them are very good. i do plan on using michalis once I can get him, though. caeda's also a favorite of mine so I'd really like to be able to use her even after I finish the quest

1 minute ago, Sire said:

... ... ...

...Healers can't even equip Seals?! That was one of their saving graces to actually contribute to the team (and build up charges) when not healing!

Well, I guess Healers have no utility whatsoever outside of pure heals, the Balm skills, and whatever Staff effects they have. I can see why Healers can be seen as "overpowered" since there is not many ways to replenish HP in Heroes and the smaller roster sizes, but the player that fields the healer loses out on a hero that can deal damage. The meta also highly favors burst damage, which in turn favors a character that deals damage over one that can heal or tank damage.

To me, it seems far superior to run a "pseudo healer" that runs Sol or Noontime, Adent Sacrifice or Reciprocal Aid, "Passive A," Renewal, and Breath of Life than it is to run a proper staffie. Sure, the heals may not be as effective, but you have an actual combat unit that can deal damage or tank instead of whatever the Healers do.

Man... Here I thought I could try to make Healers viable, but it seems IS decided to nerf Healers while opening the floodgates for Close Counter and Distant Counter. While I like those skills for aesthetic reasons ("Battle Cleric" Lissa or "Rogue" Matthew), they seem extremely powerful for what they are. If anything, I expected them to be locked and not Healers to be shafted from the Inherit Skill system.

Anyways, I'll stop here, otherwise I'm going to rant up an entire wall of text. Thanks again for the information.

the weird thing is, even though healers can't use attacking skills, they still have skill quotes programmed into the game

i don't know if eventually there'll be a healer with an attacking skill and that's for if other healers inherit that skill, or if they just planned to have them be able to inherit attacking skills and just changed their minds

3 minutes ago, unique said:

what skills could I give to caeda to make her slightly better? i want to do the flier quest but I only have 3 fliers I've trained slightly, and none of them are very good. i do plan on using michalis once I can get him, though. caeda's also a favorite of mine so I'd really like to be able to use her even after I finish the quest

If you have a Brave Sword user lying around, she has so much speed that she doesn't even care about the -5 drop. I was personally thinking about something like...

36 minutes ago, LordFrigid said:

that. I know that Hinoka, Cordelia, & Camilla aren't necessarily the most common pulls, but it's still a pretty scary set imo.

27 minutes ago, unique said:

what skills could I give to caeda to make her slightly better?

If I had a bunch of spare units to feed her skills, I'd giver a Silver Sword to boost her offense and a Glacier/Chill Wind/Iceberg to make use of her awesome resistance for offense. Maybe a drag back on B skill to help do "hit & run".

(With a brave sword, I'd be scared to see her attack be reduced to 0, given how low her attack can be, but maybe it'd be worthwhile).

23 minutes ago, salinea said:

If I had a bunch of spare units to feed her skills, I'd giver a Silver Sword to boost her offense and a Glacier/Chill Wind/Iceberg to make use of her awesome resistance for offense. Maybe a drag back on B skill to help do "hit & run".

(With a brave sword, I'd be scared to see her attack be reduced to 0, given how low her attack can be, but maybe it'd be worthwhile).

Thanks, I had Eirika so I was able to give her a silver sword and drag back. I also have a felicia who I haven't trained much yet, so I could also get Glacies from her later on.

1 minute ago, ARGHETH said:

What should I inherit onto Sharena on a Nino team? I'm thinking swordbreaker and whatever special I can get on her, but other than that I have no idea.

Team: Nino, Olivia, Lucina, Sharena

What's on everyone else?

Nino (5*): Draw Back, Glimmer, Darting Blow, Bowbreaker, Breath of life (temp)

Olivia (4*): Dance, Triangle Adept, Wings of Mercy, Hone Attack

Lucina (5*): Swap, Luna, Defiant Speed, Brash Assault (vantage/renewal in the future), spur attack

Sharena's currently default.

31 minutes ago, ARGHETH said:

Lucina (5*): Swap, Luna, Defiant Speed, Brash Assault (vantage/renewal in the future), spur attack

If you're using a Nino team, I'd do more to maximize buffs. Since Olivia already has Hone Attack, you could replace Sharena's Rally Atk with something like Rally Res/Spd. Likewise I'd recommend replacing Lucina's Spur Atk with an aura covering the stat Sharena's Rally doesn't buff. 

As for other skills, I personally like Swordbreaker on Sharena so she can ORKO any sword lord. Drag Back is also another option though, to pull an unwitting victim in range of Nino without putting the cinnamon roll in danger. I think her default Spd +3 is fine, but you could always go with Fury to make her tankier. Moonbow/Bonfire are good options if you want damage, and Aegis/Sacred Cowl are also options to help Sharena tank red mages that might otherwise be dangerous to Nino. 

Hello everyone, I've just passed Harsh Command from Gunter to Nowi -- best waifu -- and i think the game isn't taking the effect into account.

Screenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-09.thumb.png.c5fd418fd7420a918b38377331b5700d.pngScreenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-16.thumb.png.3bb9b4d2bc632ecdbbd5d59d02826afa.pngScreenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-21.thumb.png.47bf682bb7926ee36b2db3da5722bd00.pngScreenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-27.thumb.png.7ff37bd84d259b74cf2670e4a85c49b2.pngScreenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-40.thumb.png.d4c2ad0596fb3b80e4cf92e9abff9d36.png

Not sure why that's happening, also i don't even know where to report a bug (or if i can EVEN report).

Sucks it's not into effect, now im not sure which assist skill should i put on her, maybe i should go back to Rally Def.

By the way, she's got A)Def+3 B)Vantage3 C)Threaten Res3

Still not sure if i should go for A)Death Blow3 B)Desperation3

Edited by Yoru Chii

2 minutes ago, Yoru Chii said:

Hello everyone, I've just passed Harsh Command from Gunter to Nowi -- best waifu -- and i think the game isn't taking the effect into account.

Screenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-09.thumb.png.c5fd418fd7420a918b38377331b5700d.pngScreenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-16.thumb.png.3bb9b4d2bc632ecdbbd5d59d02826afa.pngScreenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-21.thumb.png.47bf682bb7926ee36b2db3da5722bd00.pngScreenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-27.thumb.png.7ff37bd84d259b74cf2670e4a85c49b2.pngScreenshot_2017-03-20-00-38-40.thumb.png.d4c2ad0596fb3b80e4cf92e9abff9d36.png

Not sure why that's happening, also i don't even know where to report a bug (or if i can EVEN report).

What is it you think that Harsh Command is supposed to do? I don't see you using it on any allies. 

@Yoru Chii, you misunderstand how Harsh Command works. It's used when an enemy placed a debuff on your unit. E. g., if a Wrys shot at you with Slow, you lose 6 Spd. If you do Harsh Command on the afflicted unit, it will instead gain 6 Spd.

It's not a skill used on the enemy, but on the debuffed ally.

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

What is it you think that Harsh Command is supposed to do? I don't see you using it on any allies. 

Golly, how embarassing... off course, it's an ASSIST skill. Took me a while to realize even after reading your comment, lol. I should get some rest.

Thanks for the reality check.

12 minutes ago, Yoru Chii said:

Sucks it's not into effect, now im not sure which assist skill should i put on her, maybe i should go back to Rally Def.

By the way, she's got A)Def+3 B)Vantage3 C)Threaten Res3

Still not sure if i should go for A)Death Blow3 B)Desperation3

Two others have already spoken up about Harsh Command, so I probably don't need to.

For Nowi's skills though, I actually think she's fine as she is (I personally think Def +3 and Vantage work better on her personally than Death Blow and Desperation). However, if you have a unit that can pass it on, I'd recommend giving her Triangle Adept or Swordbreaker (both would probably be overkill, but you can go for it) to deal with Falchion units. 

2 hours ago, ARGHETH said:

As strange as this will sounds, Rally Speed.  Nino really wants buffs, but the only ones she can get are Attack/Defense.  Rally Speed should fix this.

For the B skill, something like Drag Back or Renewal.  Sharena can tank, which means she can either be used to bring units to your team.  If she's used for defensive tanking, then Renewal will help to patch her health up.  If you go full tank route, give her Noontime as well.

@MaskedAmpharos & @Sire Thanks for the Fury-related input btw, sorry I haven't responded (sooner) I haven't had the energy to think of what to say in reply ;; I planned to be more objective/wide-thinking about it but I have no idea what I might have been gonna talk about

The units I was debating using them on include Marth, Nino, Abel, and Kagero. Also have access to Desperation 3 and Life-or-Death 2 so was trying to figure out who to use what on; my thought was LoD and Desp on Nino and maybe Fury on Marth since he'll have dat regen... Now that I think on it Kagero would probably Benefit from Fury too since I'm running her with Reprisal, but it was that or Defiant Attack so IDK. 

I'd also like to take a stab at making Oboro and Cherche better as well but not super sure where to start with them. It sounds like Bonfire is probably a good proc for Oboro given how tanky she is, and was thinking maybe Glimmer for Cherche. Also got a m!Robin but he's -Spd (+Def) so not sure if that's saveable or just not worth investing in...

I feel like Oboro could be incredible with a few adjustments.  

With an A-slot Defiant defense and a C-slot swap to Threaten attack she could potentially shut down and face tank all red and blue physical attackers, reguardless of speed.  Her problem comes in how to deal with magic damage from a distance or dragons.  

Alternatively if you can deal with blues very well this would make something like Triangle Adept better, with your C slot being left to whatever you think might work best to assist the rest of your team.

7 hours ago, BANRYU said:

@MaskedAmpharos & @Sire Thanks for the Fury-related input btw, sorry I haven't responded (sooner) I haven't had the energy to think of what to say in reply ;; I planned to be more objective/wide-thinking about it but I have no idea what I might have been gonna talk about

The units I was debating using them on include Marth, Nino, Abel, and Kagero. Also have access to Desperation 3 and Life-or-Death 2 so was trying to figure out who to use what on; my thought was LoD and Desp on Nino and maybe Fury on Marth since he'll have dat regen... Now that I think on it Kagero would probably Benefit from Fury too since I'm running her with Reprisal, but it was that or Defiant Attack so IDK. 

I'd also like to take a stab at making Oboro and Cherche better as well but not super sure where to start with them. It sounds like Bonfire is probably a good proc for Oboro given how tanky she is, and was thinking maybe Glimmer for Cherche. Also got a m!Robin but he's -Spd (+Def) so not sure if that's saveable or just not worth investing in...

I think what you currently have in mind (LoD and Desp on Nino, Fury on Marth) sounds good actually. Defiant Attack also goes pretty well with Reprisal.

As far as Cherche goes, I think she really shines with a Brave Axe (she has the second highest attack in the game, only beaten out by Effie) as well as a special like Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang to take advantage of her high attack. Death Blow is going to be the best A-skill for any Brave nuker post-inheritance, and Cherche is certainly no exception. However, if you can't get that, her default Attack +3 is fine. Her B-slot is rather flexible. I personally like Wings of Mercy to teleport around the map, but other options are Renewal to take advantage of her tankiness or Drag Back to bring enemies in range of your backline mages/archers if you don't kill them with the initial brave hit. There isn't anything she particularly needs out of C, so really I would just give her an aura to help her team. 

As for Oboro, her main role is to be a physical tank, so I would build her accordingly. Bonfire is, as you said, a good special to take advantage of her massive defense. I think Oboro is a decent candidate for Fury for her A-slot, but she also works well with Defiant Atk/Def. Most of the defensive passives (HP +5 or Def +3) also work well with her. Armored Blow is another decent option, as it lets her soften up melee units you can't quite kill via Seal Def while keeping yourself relatively healthy. For her C-slot, I'd go with Threaten Atk as that's probably the best option to help her continue tanking, which is what she does best.

Now for Robin. Before Skill Inheritance, that might have been a pretty bad nature. However, that might actually be really good post-inheritance. First of all, his speed was never anything to write home about, so I don't think it's a huge deal for it be lowered now. In fact, you can take advantage of it. Slapping Triangle Adept on Robin makes archers and thieves do essentially nothing at all to him while he one-shots them or comes close. Since his speed is low, he'll be getting doubled for single digit damage, allowing him to charge up Bonfire faster. You can also give him a breaker skill (he works well with just about any of them, but Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker are common ones I see on Robin) to help him double and kill certain weapon types regardless of his speed.