Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

I don't think anyone wants Glimmer; it's pretty bad. Luna could be a lot more suitable, allowing her to punch through anything that would otherwise be able to survive.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

I think what you currently have in mind (LoD and Desp on Nino, Fury on Marth) sounds good actually. Defiant Attack also goes pretty well with Reprisal.

As far as Cherche goes, I think she really shines with a Brave Axe (she has the second highest attack in the game, only beaten out by Effie) as well as a special like Draconic Aura or Dragon Fang to take advantage of her high attack. Death Blow is going to be the best A-skill for any Brave nuker post-inheritance, and Cherche is certainly no exception. However, if you can't get that, her default Attack +3 is fine. Her B-slot is rather flexible. I personally like Wings of Mercy to teleport around the map, but other options are Renewal to take advantage of her tankiness or Drag Back to bring enemies in range of your backline mages/archers if you don't kill them with the initial brave hit. There isn't anything she particularly needs out of C, so really I would just give her an aura to help her team. 

As for Oboro, her main role is to be a physical tank, so I would build her accordingly. Bonfire is, as you said, a good special to take advantage of her massive defense. I think Oboro is a decent candidate for Fury for her A-slot, but she also works well with Defiant Atk/Def. Most of the defensive passives (HP +5 or Def +3) also work well with her. Armored Blow is another decent option, as it lets her soften up melee units you can't quite kill via Seal Def while keeping yourself relatively healthy. For her C-slot, I'd go with Threaten Atk as that's probably the best option to help her continue tanking, which is what she does best.

Now for Robin. Before Skill Inheritance, that might have been a pretty bad nature. However, that might actually be really good post-inheritance. First of all, his speed was never anything to write home about, so I don't think it's a huge deal for it be lowered now. In fact, you can take advantage of it. Slapping Triangle Adept on Robin makes archers and thieves do essentially nothing at all to him while he one-shots them or comes close. Since his speed is low, he'll be getting doubled for single digit damage, allowing him to charge up Bonfire faster. You can also give him a breaker skill (he works well with just about any of them, but Swordbreaker and Lancebreaker are common ones I see on Robin) to help him double and kill certain weapon types regardless of his speed. 

10 hours ago, Katrisa said:

I feel like Oboro could be incredible with a few adjustments.  

With an A-slot Defiant defense and a C-slot swap to Threaten attack she could potentially shut down and face tank all red and blue physical attackers, reguardless of speed.  Her problem comes in how to deal with magic damage from a distance or dragons.  

Alternatively if you can deal with blues very well this would make something like Triangle Adept better, with your C slot being left to whatever you think might work best to assist the rest of your team.

Sounds like Oboro's pretty straightforward, I'll put her on the backburner as someone to work on haha. Maybe I'll do her analysis too possibly...? who knows. If I ever get to a situation where I'm comfortable enough with my crop of lance-users, I might scrap my 5* Abel to give her a Brave Lance+ (anything would be better than Heavy Spear, I gotta imagine, though Silver is probably best eh). Brave would go especially well with Armored Blow as well if I decided to go that route. Okay yeah, cool cool! That sounds pretty promising. I'm excited.

EDIT: Ooh I even have a spare a!Tiki who can provide both Bonfire AND Defiant Attack at 4*. goodgoodgood

Regarding Cherche, argh now I'm just annoyed that I sent home all those Barsts I kept getting xWx Got no one with Brave Axe access at the moment, or any of those other skills really... ;; and TBH I'd rather have Camilla than Cherche herself... in the highly unlikely instance where I get doubles of Camilla I'll definitely throw some of those skills Cherche's way Dx but for now it sounds like I'll have to put her on the shelf for long-term eventual stuff, ah darn. That DOES sound like a very promising setup though.

@ Robin Oh man that's honestly such a relief to hear... Robin is one of my favorites and it was honestly heartbreaking to have such an suboptimal nature on him ahaha ;; I could always tell that he was underperforming so now maybe I have a chance to make him half-decent. Wonderful. My wife wants me to avoid getting rid of Roy, but I have a Selena as well... I'll have to negotiate that since Selena wants 5* for TA3 though... ;; aha but that's a personal issue... And ooh I could scrap Narcian for Lancebreaker as well... okay, okay, awesome. I've got some stuff to work with here. 

Thanks! :D

3 hours ago, Othin said:

I don't think anyone wants Glimmer; it's pretty bad. Luna could be a lot more suitable, allowing her to punch through anything that would otherwise be able to survive.

Aahhh jeez. Even as skill fodder Beruka's worthless xD (I can't imagine most units would want Lunge, I've only ever found it useful in literally one scenario, every other time it just makes it easier for her to get killed lol) What a shame... maybe I'll try to make something good of her instead then. 

Edited by BANRYU

5 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Aahhh jeez. Even as skill fodder Beruka's worthless xD (I can't imagine most units would want Lunge, I've only ever found it useful in literally one scenario, every other time it just makes it easier for her to get killed lol) What a shame... maybe I'll try to make something good of her instead then. 

Lunge might be useful in a defense team. It might catch people off guard and take out one of their units. aka my first time fighting Eldigan.....

8 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

Hold your horses! 

If you have someone with monster attack and they don't have a special (I'll use sanaki as an example) glimmer works fine! I gave my gordin glimmer and lets just say, now it's really disgusting.

18 minutes ago, Arcanite said:

Hold your horses! 

If you have someone with monster attack and they don't have a special (I'll use sanaki as an example) glimmer works fine! I gave my gordin glimmer and lets just say, now it's really disgusting.

I was thinking about it for my Abel if not Cherche ~3o I'll keep considering it but I'm also kinda curious about the prospect of making Beruka more usable haha. Probably not much that can be done without changing pretty much everything she has but I'll think about it eh

19 minutes ago, Kiran said:

Lunge might be useful in a defense team. It might catch people off guard and take out one of their units. aka my first time fighting Eldigan.....

True. I suppose the deal with it, as with many mobility-related B-skills and support skills, is you have to get in the mindset of using it and plan ahead with it, something I often forget to do ahaha. 

4 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

True. I suppose the deal with it, as with many mobility-related B-skills and support skills, is you have to get in the mindset of using it and plan ahead with it, something I often forget to do ahaha. 

Yup i also tend to forget my skills like drag back and such adn end up getting mysef killed because of that. it is the worst feeling tbh but at the same time I also enjoy the clutch moves when you are successful at using drag back right. 

so right now my plan for sanaki build is the raven tome along with triangle adept along with sword breaker and hone attack just cause. this seems to be the standard build as of now for most mages as it hepls cover any colorless units as well as same color physical damage units and covering their strengths such as eliminating hector, nino julia etc. I would love to get a nino or julia with same set as well.

1 hour ago, Shiro said:

Yup i also tend to forget my skills like drag back and such adn end up getting mysef killed because of that. it is the worst feeling tbh but at the same time I also enjoy the clutch moves when you are successful at using drag back right. 

so right now my plan for sanaki build is the raven tome along with triangle adept along with sword breaker and hone attack just cause. this seems to be the standard build as of now for most mages as it hepls cover any colorless units as well as same color physical damage units and covering their strengths such as eliminating hector, nino julia etc. I would love to get a nino or julia with same set as well.

While that sounds really promising on someone like Sanaki, I feel like it would just be a waste on Julia since that'd mean having to get rid of Naga.

3 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

While that sounds really promising on someone like Sanaki, I feel like it would just be a waste on Julia since that'd mean having to get rid of Naga.

With that build, a +Atk Julia with+4 Atk from a rally or hone can 1HKO every Blue and Grey in the game with the exception of Jagen and Wrys who survive with a single digit. Admittedly, I'd probably only give Julia Triangle Adept and keep her Naga tome if she was on a team with a Sanaki that has a raven tome since with that build, she destroy every grey in the game. So you could have Sanaki for every Green and Gray and Julia for Blue and most Dragons. Just add someone for the Red and someone for support or additional offfense and it should be a pretty solid team.

1 minute ago, LuxSpes said:

With that build, a +Atk Julia with+4 Atk from a rally or hone can 1HKO every Blue and Grey in the game with the exception of Jagen and Wrys who survive with a single digit. Admittedly, I'd probably only give Julia Triangle Adept and keep her Naga tome if she was on a team with a Sanaki that has a raven tome since with that build, she destroy every grey in the game. So you could have Sanaki for every Green and Gray and Julia for Blue and most Dragons. Just add someone for the Red and someone for support or additional offfense and it should be a pretty solid team.

If only I had Sanaki </3

Current skill inheritance so far:

Fed Barst to Cherche and her wyvern. She gained his Brave Axe and Spur Attack.
Sacrificed A.Tiki ( I have a dupe of her ) to Effie, who then gained Bonfire and Defiant Attack. A complete monster now.
Sacrificed Palla ( who wasn't getting much use since I have the much better Catria ) to Oboro, who gained New Moon, Moonbow and Wings of Mercy. Now she just needs Quick Riposte from Subaki ( I had three of him, but fed one to Cherche so she gained QR as well ). I have another 3* Palla waiting in the wings anyway for anyone who wants her Moonbow. xD

My 4* Roy will gain 4* Sophia's Dragon Gaze after she's gained enough SP. Will probably end up sacrficing my 4* Beruka for her New Moon/Glimmer and Defiant Def to my 4* Eirika.

Really need a spare Catria/Frederick right about now.  Luna's a must on a certain unit.

Wouldn't mind four spare Fredericks.  Two would be Wings of Mercy bots, one for Luna, and one for Fortify Defense.  I have a lot of plans!

Heya. I've got a three star Subaki who is currently my main hope of getting the orb quest for fliers completed (along with Narcian). The only problem is that his attack is pretty low. He's neutral as he was a freebie unit. I was wondering what could help him further. I was thinking of giving him poison strike so that he does guaranteed damage and I have a fair few spare Matthews. Would that be good? I don't want anything that reduces his defence or res, since that would ruin him. He's currently running alongside Narcian and Palla, who I could give hone attack to if I need to, but I'm getting rid of the latter for a better Palla at some point...

I will upgrade him eventually but not until I don't need him so badly...

Edited by Cute Chao

Planning to give Sanaki the Traingle Adept + Red Raven tome combo since I have a Henry that I can get rid of. Question is, since the normal Red Raven  tome has considerably lower might than Cymbeline (7 vs 15), is it worth to 5 star Henry (all the way from 3 star) and give Sanaki the upgraded version of that tome (11 Might)? Or is that just overkill/waste of feathers 

Also since Cherche has some really good attack, I might also be considering to feed my Camilla to her for the Brave Axe+. Again, is losing a 5 star unit worth it for that power or is the normal Brave Axe sufficient enough in Might? 

58 minutes ago, mcsilas said:

Planning to give Sanaki the Traingle Adept + Red Raven tome combo since I have a Henry that I can get rid of. Question is, since the normal Red Raven  tome has considerably lower might than Cymbeline (7 vs 15), is it worth to 5 star Henry (all the way from 3 star) and give Sanaki the upgraded version of that tome (11 Might)? Or is that just overkill/waste of feathers 

T-adept + RedRaven isnt really a combo that I like simply because of the fact that if Robin has it he can stomp on Neutrals AND Reds and can get off chip for blues. Robin never was good with green units but it doesn't make difference because the arena is mostly filled with red and blue units + bow users.

But if you still insist, sanaki is already a complete psychopath on green units and giving her neutral coverage is still kind of one-sided. She still takes Buffalo Butt tons of damage from bow users, assuming she even survives. Though the T-adept will further decrease the damage, her low health and defenses aren't really a major key in her skill set. The reason why Henry and Robin have it is because they have the fatness to take the damage from a Takumi arrow. So in summation:

If you want to have the T-adept + Raven combo:

1. Don't use sanaki because she isn't fat enough

2. If you do want five star Henry, give him T-adept because he has the appropriate defenses

3. If you have an M Robin lying around you can also give him T-adept because he is one of the top characters in the game.

Now as a direct answer to your question: is it worth to 5 star Henry (all the way from 3 star) and give Sanaki the upgraded version of that tome (11 Might)?

No, because M Robin is better, and Sanaki probably doesn't have the defense or health for that.

Edited by Arcanite

20k feathers is a lot. I've been willing to do some 2k feather investments to 4* a couple of characters so Marth and Sharena can inherit the special skills they want, but I'd personally never 5* a character just for a weapon.

So Noontime vs. Sol. 3 turn cooldown for a 30% heal or 4 turn cooldown for a 50% heal?

This is pretty much the last decision I have for Roy, my build for him will be complete after this.

40 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

So Noontime vs. Sol. 3 turn cooldown for a 30% heal or 4 turn cooldown for a 50% heal?

This is pretty much the last decision I have for Roy, my build for him will be complete after this.

I also have a Roy I've been mulling over, so I'd love some imput. Would you mind sharing your build?

Just now, salinea said:

I also have a Roy I've been mulling over, so I'd love some imput. Would you mind sharing your build?

This is actually a build to get Roy close to his in game, including Awakening and filling in where I have to, presentation.

Roy w/ Binding Blade

Push

Sol/Noontime

A - Distant Counter/Fury 3/Life and Death 3

B - Renewal 3

C - Threaten Speed 3

Distant Counter would be the obvious preference, but that would require me to get a Hector and I'd want a second Hector before I sacrificed the first Hector, because who would seriously give up a Hector. Fury 3 would be the choice afterwards, as there should be plenty of healing to maintain it. Renewal 3 mimics the Binding Blade's ability to heal Roy. Threaten Speed should do the most work when it comes to keeping him alive, I don't know what doubles it will stop though.

27 minutes ago, Suichimo said:

This is actually a build to get Roy close to his in game, including Awakening and filling in where I have to, presentation.

Roy w/ Binding Blade

Push

Sol/Noontime

A - Distant Counter/Fury 3/Life and Death 3

B - Renewal 3

C - Threaten Speed 3

Distant Counter would be the obvious preference, but that would require me to get a Hector and I'd want a second Hector before I sacrificed the first Hector, because who would seriously give up a Hector. Fury 3 would be the choice afterwards, as there should be plenty of healing to maintain it. Renewal 3 mimics the Binding Blade's ability to heal Roy. Threaten Speed should do the most work when it comes to keeping him alive, I don't know what doubles it will stop though.

Thanks! Interesting but expensive skill set. I don't think I'll be able to afford it, at least not in a long while, but very nice.

I've been planning for a while and think I'm finally ready to promote and pass on skills to build up my core team. What do you think about this plan so far:

Lucina 5* (Spd+/Res-)
Weapon: Falchion
Support: Some movement, like swap or pivot
Special: Moonbow 
A: Defiant Speed 3
B: Desperation 3
C:  Spur Attack 3

• Would Fury3/Renewal2 be a better combo? I'm not great at running characters at <100% rates and wondered if I'd be fighting against Falchion HP+s.

Takumi 5* (Def+/Res-) 
Weapon: Fujin Yumi
Support: ?
Special: Vengeance
A: Close Counter
B: Vantage 3 
C: Threaten Spd 3

Olivia 4* (Hp+Atk-) 
Weapon: Ruby Sword 
Support: Dance
Special: Pavise
A: Something defensive like Iote's Shield, Def/Res3, Defiant Res/Def
B: Wings of Mercy 2 
C: Hone Attack 3

Nowi 5* (Spd+/Res-) -- promoting from 4*
Weapon: Lightening Breath + 
Support: Rally Defense
Special: Moonbeam 
A: Defense 3 (or Defiant Attack 2)
B: Swordbreaker 3 
C: Threaten Res 3

• There's another, more defensive build with moonbeam/quick riposte2 that's also tempting.
  • Is Swordbreaker the best fit with Spd boon?
  • I have a 4* Atk+/Hp- Nowi I could promote but assume the Spd+/Res- is the better IV.
  • I also have a 4* Nino (Spd+/Def-) and RobinM (Spd+/Res-), if you think they might be a better mesh with the team than Nowi

10 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

I've been planning for a while and think I'm finally ready to promote and pass on skills to build up my core team. What do you think about this plan so far:

Lucina 5* (Spd+/Res-)
Weapon: Falchion
Support: Some movement, like swap or pivot
Special: Moonbow 
A: Defiant Speed 3
B: Desperation 3
C:  Spur Attack 3

• Would Fury3/Renewal2 be a better combo? I'm not great at running characters at <100% rates and wondered if I'd be fighting against Falchion HP+s.

Takumi 5* (Def+/Res-) 
Weapon: Fujin Yumi
Support: ?
Special: Vengeance
A: Close Counter
B: Vantage 3 
C: Threaten Spd 3

Olivia 4* (Hp+Atk-) 
Weapon: Ruby Sword 
Support: Dance
Special: Pavise
B: Wings of Mercy 2 
C: Hone Attack 3

Nowi 5* (Spd+/Res-) -- promoting from 4*
Weapon: Lightening Breath + 
Support: Rally Defense
A: Defense 3 (or Defiant Attack 2)
B: Swordbreaker 3 
C: Threaten Res 3

• There's another, more defensive build with moonbeam/quick riposte2 that's also tempting.
  • I have a 4* Atk+/Hp- Nowi I could promote but assume the Spd+/Res- is the better IV.
  • I also have a 4* Nino (Spd+/Def-) and RobinM (Spd+/Res-), if you think they might be a better mesh with the team than Nowi

For Lucina, I personally favor Fury over Defiant Speed, both because she doesn't really need the speed boost and because Fury is a reliable way to get her down to Desperation's HP threshold and because of the defensive and offensive boost it provides. As for your assist skills, I think that's fine, but you could also consider Ardent Sacrifice. She already regains 10 HP every third turn from Falchion, so you could use Lucina as a pseudo-healer for your other teammates. 

Takumi mostly looks fine to me. For support I'd probably give him something like Reciprocal Aid because he's usually in the backline and would be at highish HP. You could even pull off gimmicky stuff like using Reciprocal Aid on a low HP ally to heal them and get Takumi down to a low HP % where could kill with Vantage + Vengeance.

For Olivia, Iote's Shield is for fliers only, but I do agree with something defensive. I'd personally go with Fury, but something as simple as Def +3 would be sufficient. The rest is fine. 

For Nowi, I'm actually personally in favor of Triangle Adept over Def +3 or Defiant anything (especially because running Defiant and running Swordbreaker are counterintuitive since one wants you to be at low HP while the other wants you to be at high HP) as that would most effectively lower damage from reds. I haven't done the calcs, personally, but if you find Triangle Adept also giving you enough firepower to one-shot most reds, then I'd consider switching Swordbreaker out for Quick Riposte. Otherwise, Swordbreaker is good. 

EDIT: For Nowi's special, I actually favor a healing skill like Noontime since I think she already does enough damage as is and could use more sustain. I don't really think there are many OHKOs she secures with Moonbow that she doesn't already. That said though, Moonbow's generally a safe special option if you aren't sure what else to put there. 

Edited by MaskedAmpharos

5 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

Olivia 4* (Hp+Atk-) 

Iote's Shield is flying units only.

6 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

Do you mean Moonbow or Luna?

6 minutes ago, fatboyjam said:

Whether you use Quick Riposte or Swordbreaker depends on what you want your Nowi to do.

If you want to score kills with her ranged counterattack (e.g. against Takumi, Robin, or red mages), use Quick Riposte. If you instead want to kill sword-users on player phase (or counterattack), use Swordbreaker.

11 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

For Nowi, I'm actually personally in favor of Triangle Adept over Def +3 or Defiant anything (especially because running Defiant and running Swordbreaker are counterintuitive since one wants you to be at low HP while the other wants you to be at high HP) as that would most effectively lower damage from reds. I haven't done the calcs, personally, but if you find Triangle Adept also giving you enough firepower to one-shot most reds, then I'd consider switching Swordbreaker out for Quick Riposte. Otherwise, Swordbreaker is good. 

Among the A+ or higher characters, with Triangle Adept 3, Nowi will one-hit kill neutral defenses variants of Lucina, Ryoma, Olivia, and Tharja and one-round kill anything she can double attack.

Edited by Ice Dragon