Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

Definitely agree on Fury for Nino. LaD 3 is a crazy expensive build and would probably be much better on some Quad Olwen or Quad Setsuna build.  If you're running Desperation 3, then Fury 2 or 3 will require the same number of rounds of combat to begin activating.

0.75*30 = 22.5 or 22 HP

If you also plan on running the +HP seal though, you might want Fury 3 to proc Desperation faster.

0.75*33 = 24.75 or 24 HP which will require 2 rounds of Fury 3 or 3 rounds of Fury 2

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't suppose I could get some advice on my +Atk - Res M!Corrin?

I know + Spd is considered ideal, but as a F2Per I'm unlikely to pull another usable red lord in the near future (as an added bonus, I have a bad IV 5* MCorrin for merge purposes).

Thinking Fury 3, Desperation, Ardent Sacrifice and Threaten Spd - should help compensate for not having +Spd while still hitting like a truck. Had wanted Vantage on their but not sure.

Many thanks (-:

I would prefer Lyn, and even managed to get one. But she got -Atk. Sob.

I just got Azura and I'm wondering should I keep Sapphire Lance+ or should I try and get her Brave Lance or Killer Lance instead? Although to get the +Weapons I need the 5* heroes and I don't have them. Another thing what B slot and offensive (like Luna) skills goes well with Azura? I intend to keep the Speed and Fortify Res.

I also got 5* Ogma today but I don't really intend to keep him so I'll either feed his skills to someone else or send him home for the feathers. I'm mainly thinking if I should give Brave Sword+ to someone since Daylight/Noontime I should get him as 4* or whenever I get Laslow.

1 minute ago, FoliFF said:

I just got Azura and I'm wondering should I keep Sapphire Lance+ or should I try and get her Brave Lance or Killer Lance instead? Although to get the +Weapons I need the 5* heroes and I don't have them. Another thing what B slot and offensive (like Luna) skills goes well with Azura? I intend to keep the Speed and Fortify Res.

I also got 5* Ogma today but I don't really intend to keep him so I'll either feed his skills to someone else or send him home for the feathers. I'm mainly thinking if I should give Brave Sword+ to someone since Daylight/Noontime I should get him as 4* or whenever I get Laslow.

Tbh I'd stick with Sapphire Lance+ on her, helps her to tank reds (she's slaughtered by greens regardless). Moonbow works like a dream on mine, nice short charge time.

4 minutes ago, FoliFF said:

Azura's 36 / 20 / 28 are remarkaby poor, so she should only be attacking when she has a color advantage via Sapphire Lance as part of the clean-up crew; ideally, she will be singing for your allies the rest of the time. Her default lance patches up her bulk to function as an emergency check to reds, especially mages because of her above-average resistance.

For her special, Moonbow works well for the lower CD. While its damage output is less compared to others, she generally makes attacks less often than other units, so it's not too relevant missing out on the flat 14 or so damage you would get from, say, Iceberg, which is technically her most damaging option.

Keeping the Speed+ is fine if you want to save SP, but I recommend switching out her C skill for Hone Atk, as offensive buffs are generally considered more useful than defensive ones. The one exception I'd make is if you were using a -Blade user. Just a suggestion, if you intend on keeping Fortify Res, then that's fine too.

7 minutes ago, davidbennett1819 said:

Tbh I'd stick with Sapphire Lance+ on her, helps her to tank reds (she's slaughtered by greens regardless). Moonbow works like a dream on mine, nice short charge time.

3 minutes ago, MrSmokestack said:

Azura's 36 / 20 / 28 are remarkaby poor, so she should only be attacking when she has a color advantage via Sapphire Lance as part of the clean-up crew; ideally, she will be singing for your allies the rest of the time. Her default lance patches up her bulk to function as an emergency check to reds, especially mages because of her above-average resistance.

For her special, Moonbow works well for the lower CD. While its damage output is less compared to others, she generally makes attacks less often than other units, so it's not too relevant missing out on the flat 14 or so damage you would get from, say, Iceberg, which is technically her most damaging option.

Keeping the Speed+ is fine if you want to save SP, but I recommend switching out her C skill for Hone Atk, as offensive buffs are generally considered more useful than defensive ones. The one exception I'd make is if you were using a -Blade user. Just a suggestion, if you intend on keeping Fortify Res, then that's fine too.

Yeah I'll keep the sapphire lance on her. Also I'll think about switching to Hone Atk as well but I'll have to double check if I got a 4* unit so I can inherit the lvl 3 skill. Still trying to figure out what good B-slot passive is good on Azura though. If I've that hero...

1 minute ago, FoliFF said:

Yeah I'll keep the sapphire lance on her. Also I'll think about switching to Hone Atk as well but I'll have to double check if I got a 4* unit so I can inherit the lvl 3 skill. Still trying to figure out what good B-slot passive is good on Azura though. If I've that hero...

Depending on your stat spread on her, Swordbreaker is great if you find that she's a bit too slow to one round sword users. Wings of Mercy is also a nice alternative if you want some teleporting shenanigans.

SI units:

Swordbreaker (Sully 4* gets you level 2, Abel 4* gets you level 3)

Wings of Mercy (4* Frederick/Palla will get you level 2, 4* Cain gets you level 3)

Edited by Otorio

Just now, Otorio said:

Depending on your stat spread on her, Swordbreaker is great if you find that she's a bit too slow to one round sword users. Wings of Mercy is also a nice alternative if you want some teleporting shenanigans.

My Azura is +spd/-res, but I like your idea of Wings of mercy though.

Hey people. Sorry if this has been asked before with all the Ike hype going on, but what's your thoughts on a +Atk/-Spd Ike? Should he go with quick risposte or would you rather leave his swordbreaker on the B-slot? Is heavy blade serviceable?

1 minute ago, Otorio said:

Bandwaggoning on the Azura questions: I got one yesterday that's -DEF/+SPD. Any ideas on what should go on her A slot? I thought about LnD her sometime in the future (keep her +3 spd until then), but I really don't know how crazy is letting her stay with 13 defense on lvl 40.

The other day I had the shitty luck to pull a second Lucius.  He's useless for inheritance but sending him home for just 1000 feathers feels like a waste so I figured I might as well make the most of it and try to make him useful and I was hoping for some opinions on the build I came up with for him.

+Atk -Spd Lucius

Wpn: Assault

Heal: Martyr

Special: Anything but miracle

A: Defiant Attack

B: Escape Route

C: Savage Blow

The idea is to have him lure mages to lower his HP while taking the heat off of low Res units, then once his HP is low enough he can teleport over to units that need healing and giving a buff while he's at it, or soften up enemies or give the final blow since even a staff should be able to do that to mid Res units when it has 52 attack (53 after the merge?).  The savage blow is there to reduce his uselessness as an attacker when he can't comfortably stay below 50% HP.  If I merge my older one into this new one I pulled I should be able to get most of these by the time the new one reaches lvl 40.

I'd also appreciate any advice on what I should do with my -Atk +Spd Soren (who's still the best green mage I've pulled since all of my Nino's are also -Atk...) since I have no idea what would be best here.

Edited by Evat

4 hours ago, davidbennett1819 said:

Don't suppose I could get some advice on my +Atk - Res M!Corrin?

I know + Spd is considered ideal, but as a F2Per I'm unlikely to pull another usable red lord in the near future (as an added bonus, I have a bad IV 5* MCorrin for merge purposes).

Thinking Fury 3, Desperation, Ardent Sacrifice and Threaten Spd - should help compensate for not having +Spd while still hitting like a truck. Had wanted Vantage on their but not sure.

Many thanks (-:

I would prefer Lyn, and even managed to get one. But she got -Atk. Sob.

Jeez this has gone unanswered for way too long IMO... inexcusable.

Yeah dude I think +Atk is perfectly serviceable for mCorrin, might even be better, actually. Fury and Threaten Spd sound good, but I'd skip Desperation and ArdSac, he doesn't really have the speed to make use of Desp. Swordbreaker would be my suggestion, though you can also get by with other stuff like Quick Riposte, Escape Route/Wings of Mercy, Drag Back/Lunge if you like them, or even Seal Atk/Def/Spd until you can get ahold of Swordbreaker or something-- but yeah Swordbreaker is probably your best option there, I think. Hope that helps. 

3 hours ago, r4v1sh said:

Hey people. Sorry if this has been asked before with all the Ike hype going on, but what's your thoughts on a +Atk/-Spd Ike? Should he go with quick risposte or would you rather leave his swordbreaker on the B-slot? Is heavy blade serviceable?

TBH I think Ike's default kit is best with that IV. Quick Riposte would be good, sure, but Swordbreaker doesn't require you to mulch anyone so unless you're particularly dissatisfied with it or have a REALLY good sword-killer, I'd say keep it. (And yeah, of course Heavy Blade is good with +Atk Ike lol.) Just slap an Assist and C-slot skill of your choice on that boy and go nuts. 

Regarding Lucius, my experience in building/theorizing healers is rather sparse, so I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest ;; 

Got curious, but should Gordin continue to run his default Brave Bow set or is there a different, hopefully better build for him? I ask since if you give Virion a Brave Bow, he is always 3-4 wins ahead of Gordin. Brave weapons being a player phase thing, Virion's higher base speed can let him double units that Gordin can't to finish off the job and prevent him from getting doubled. Yes, it's more expensive for an ideal build, but it seems that if you want a simple Brave Bow user and you don't have Klein, a 3* to 4* Virion with a Brave Bow might be better than a 3* to 4* Gordin.

I tried having Gordin run a physical version of Niles the Mage Killer, so, Killer Bow, Bonfire, Fury 3, and Quick Riposte. Kind of works, but the other archers, mages, thieves, and certain units with Distant Counter can probably do that too with their own builds to counter-kill.

Edited by Kaden

45 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Got curious, but should Gordin continue to run his default Brave Bow set or is there a different, hopefully better build for him? I ask since if you give Virion a Brave Bow, he is always 3-4 wins ahead of Gordin. Brave weapons being a player phase thing, Virion's higher base speed can let him double units that Gordin can't to finish off the job and prevent him from getting doubled. Yes, it's more expensive for an ideal build, but it seems that if you want a simple Brave Bow user and you don't have Klein, a 3* to 4* Virion with a Brave Bow might be better than a 3* to 4* Gordin.

I tried having Gordin run a physical version of Niles the Mage Killer, so, Killer Bow, Bonfire, Fury 3, and Quick Riposte. Kind of works, but the other archers, mages, thieves, and certain units with Distant Counter can probably do that too with their own builds to counter-kill.

With his bulk, Gordin strikes me as a pretty good user of Silver Bow + Close Counter. So that's something. Silver (or Killer, as the case may be) / Bonfire / CC / QR sounds solid to me. 

Edited by BANRYU

7 hours ago, Evat said:

The other day I had the shitty luck to pull a second Lucius.  He's useless for inheritance but sending him home for just 1000 feathers feels like a waste so I figured I might as well make the most of it and try to make him useful and I was hoping for some opinions on the build I came up with for him.

+Atk -Spd Lucius

Wpn: Assault

Heal: Martyr

Special: Anything but miracle

A: Defiant Attack

B: Escape Route

C: Savage Blow

The idea is to have him lure mages to lower his HP while taking the heat off of low Res units, then once his HP is low enough he can teleport over to units that need healing and giving a buff while he's at it, or soften up enemies or give the final blow since even a staff should be able to do that to mid Res units when it has 52 attack (53 after the merge?).  The savage blow is there to reduce his uselessness as an attacker when he can't comfortably stay below 50% HP.  If I merge my older one into this new one I pulled I should be able to get most of these by the time the new one reaches lvl 40.

I'd also appreciate any advice on what I should do with my -Atk +Spd Soren (who's still the best green mage I've pulled since all of my Nino's are also -Atk...) since I have no idea what would be best here.

Ah, you know the joys of +Atk Lucius as well!

I'd rather have a Hone/Fortify in the C slot (because SOMEONE should be next to him) and Wings of Mercy (since those at low health are the ones that need healing), but your idea works as well.  I usually run Imbue, so that if he's at full health, he can still get some use out of Martyr.

For Soren, I'd pretend he's a -blade Linde.  He won't be quite as nuke-tastic thanks to -Atk, but it's irrelevant if you're hitting twice.

12 hours ago, eclipse said:

Ah, you know the joys of +Atk Lucius as well!

I'd rather have a Hone/Fortify in the C slot (because SOMEONE should be next to him) and Wings of Mercy (since those at low health are the ones that need healing), but your idea works as well.  I usually run Imbue, so that if he's at full health, he can still get some use out of Martyr.

For Soren, I'd pretend he's a -blade Linde.  He won't be quite as nuke-tastic thanks to -Atk, but it's irrelevant if you're hitting twice.

Thanks for the advice!

Since posting yesterday I've been using Lucius a bit in the training tower after a while and was pleasantly surprised at the damage my older neutral one did with unbuffed attack.  Since he doesn't get as many chances to attack as I thought he might (might just be the team composition though) I'll take your advice and put an attack buff on his C slot since I have plenty of those I can inherit.  Sanaki does well enough just sitting around buffing people until she's needed and occasionally drawing mages so perhaps Lucius will as well.  Unfortunately I already inherited away the only Cain I've gotten so far so I don't have anyone to give him Wings of Mercy and when I do get one I'll probably give it to Ninian instead.  I do have some Cecilias for Escape Route 3 I could use unless it might be better to upgrade a Fredric to use for Wings of Mercy 2 instead, it would definitely save some SP.

Since I've only ever heard Soren compared to Nino so it hadn't occurred to me to other characters but now that you mention it his stats should be pretty damn close to my 5* Tharja if I give him Life and Death 2 from one of the Hanas I have laying around, then if I just give him Desperation 3 and Ardent Sacrifice I can use him in much the same way and finally have a strong mage that can deal with blue mages.

I'll probably wait a day or two before jumping into any decisions so if anyone has anything they want to add I'm all ears.

Edited by Evat

14 hours ago, BANRYU said:

With his bulk, Gordin strikes me as a pretty good user of Silver Bow + Close Counter. So that's something. Silver (or Killer, as the case may be) / Bonfire / CC / QR sounds solid to me. 

Huh, that works. Only problem would be mages. I find it hilarious that Gordin and Virion basically want to swap bows.

3 minutes ago, Kaden said:

Huh, that works. Only problem would be mages. I find it hilarious that Gordin and Virion basically want to swap bows.

hah yeah they probably do xD Although, thinking on it more, your suggestion of Killer might be a bit better to activate Bonfire more often.

True, but doesn't Gordin have to worry about magic anyway?

Edited by BANRYU

47 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

hah yeah they probably do xD Although, thinking on it more, your suggestion of Killer might be a bit better to activate Bonfire more often.

True, but doesn't Gordin have to worry about magic anyway?

I meant that because Gordin's slower, magic is even scarier for him compared to the other archers who are faster or have high resistance in Faye's case.

Anyway, got curious when I realized that Faye's BST is the highest out of the archers now at 154 compared to Gordin, Klein, Rebecca, and Takumi having 148 BST. So, I wondered about how she'd work as a mage counter considering her higher attack and slightly lower resistance compared to Niles. Faye and Niles with Killer Bow+, Iceberg, Fury 3, and Quick Riposte vs. everyone with Fury 3.

Details in spoiler.

Spoiler

With neutral stats, Faye gets 15 wins, 0 losses, and 6 draws; Faye fails to kill Cecilia, Henry, Merric, F!Robin, M!Robin, and Sophia.

Niles gets 12 wins, 0 losses, and 9 draws; he fails to kill the same units as Faye along with Leo, Odin, and Reinhardt.

With +Atk, Faye gets 19 wins, 0 losses, and 2 draws. She only fails to kill Henry and M!Robin.

+Atk Niles gets 15 wins, 0 losses, and 6 draws. Leo, Odin, and Reinhardt die to +Atk Niles putting Niles up with neutral Faye.

Thing is that Faye does this more unsafely against some mages, especially the ones with very high attack. For example, against Nino, if Nino is =Atk, then Faye only survives with 6 HP and against Nino with +Atk, Faye barely lives with 1 HP while Niles lives with 16 HP. Against Linde, if Linde is =Atk, Faye lives with 1 HP, but if Linde is +Atk, then Faye dies while Linde lives with 1 HP. Niles only takes 3 more damage from a +Atk leaving him at 13 HP rather than 16 HP.

Oh, and with Rebecca since she's the only other archer with good resistance. A neutral Rebecca will get 13 wins, 0 losses, and 8 draws. She fails to kill Cecilia, Henry, Merric, Odin, Reinhardt, F!Robin, M!Robin, and Sophia.

If she's +Atk, then Rebecca gets 17 wins, 0 losses, and 4 draws. Rebecca fails to kill Henry, Merric, F!Robin, and M!Robin.

Similar case as Faye; much less safely which comes from Rebecca's much lower resistance compared to the two rather than probably getting outsped and having slightly lower resistance like Faye. That said, if all the mages have +Atk, Rebecca doesn't die to anyone unlike Faye who will have a loss against Linde.

Rebecca's probably better off running some other build than this...

Edit: I wait for the day when a bow knight version of Selena is made available. She would be the overall tankiest mounted archer ever at the cost of probably having the lowest attack -- tied or even lower than Niles. Cavalry buffs, though. :p

Edited by Kaden

Question people. For a lord with Falchion and Renewal... What is best ? Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice ? Knowing that in the team, there is two Quick Riposte users.

54 minutes ago, Ledrert said:

Question people. For a lord with Falchion and Renewal... What is best ? Reciprocal Aid or Ardent Sacrifice ? Knowing that in the team, there is two Quick Riposte users.

Personally I like reciprocal more than ardent, but in your case, given that you're using the Falchion Renewal combo to top people off, Ardent should be better.

Edit: I like reciprocal more because there only needs to be 1 in a team to be capable of swapping everyone's hp.

Edited by DehNutCase

I think RecipAid is better for Falchions as well, since even if they trade their entire HP away they can make a lot of it back in a relatively low amount of turns.