Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

What are the best skills to inherit for the B slots of Cherche and Reinhardt? Cherche is running a Brave Axe w/Death Blow 3, and I was thinking that Drag Back might be useful, it would help keep her out of range of the enemies. I couldn't really think of anything else that might be good, except maybe Axebreaker.

As for Reinhardt, I can't really think of anything, except maybe a blue tomebreaker? Might just leave him with his native Vantage because it gets so much use, what with all the tanking Reinhardt does! And would Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid be a good Assist for him? He doesn't really need the HP, and, if he's not pounding the delete button, it might help others keep in their QR/Breaker ranges. And it helps him get into that all-useful Vantage zone!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 minutes ago, Astellius said:

Cherche is running a Brave Axe w/Death Blow 3, and I was thinking that Drag Back might be useful, it would help keep her out of range of the enemies. I couldn't really think of anything else that might be good, except maybe Axebreaker.

Drag Back, Hit and Run, Wings of Mercy, Escape Route, Axebreaker.

17 minutes ago, Astellius said:

As for Reinhardt, I can't really think of anything, except maybe a blue tomebreaker? Might just leave him with his native Vantage because it gets so much use, what with all the tanking Reinhardt does! And would Ardent Sacrifice/Reciprocal Aid be a good Assist for him? He doesn't really need the HP, and, if he's not pounding the delete button, it might help others keep in their QR/Breaker ranges. And it helps him get into that all-useful Vantage zone!

Wings of Mercy, Lancebreaker.

Reinhardt is already killing every blue tome user. The only thing B Tomebreaker is doing is preventing Reinhardt from being double attacked on enemy phase.

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

Interesting note on the HP Seal though, I hadn't considered it before. Thinking about it now, it not only extends Xander's durability in tandem with Fury but it also raises Quick Riposte's uptime ever so slightly. I'd consider Moonbow if the burst from Bonfire didn't outweigh it so much, though it's far from a bad choice.

I hadn't considered Bonfire and its impact.  For units who Xander doubles and only takes one hit from, you HIGHLY want moonbow or Fury.  Without Moonbow or Fury you will miss killing some red units.  So that's fairly notable + for Fury if you don't use Moonbow on Xander

32 minutes ago, Astellius said:

What are the best skills to inherit for the B slots of Cherche and Reinhardt? Cherche is running a Brave Axe w/Death Blow 3

I concur with Icedragon especially on Dragback.  I've been using dragback on Cordelia my brave lance user, and its really nice.  It allows you to better pick someone off and back out to safety.  Especially if you have someone with dance, drawback or reposition to move them one more space out of the way.

Edited by Katrisa

I'm running a support Eirika with Fury and Seal Attack on my team (that will be centered around Nino).

What's the best proc skill for her? Should I use Moonbow for offensive potential, or should I use a defensive skill like Escutcheon or Sacred Cowl? (Maybe even Noontime would work? I'm not so sure about that one.)

1 hour ago, MrSmokestack said:

I make regular use of Fury in my Arena runs, even after the balancing update. I find that the defensive edge it offers, like keeping Nino from getting oneshot by enemy Hectors and Takumis, far outweighs the recoil; it's much easier to work with a 1 HP unit than a dead one, after all.

Reading one of your posts made me give fury 3 a try on my +spd -hp Nino over LnD 2. Gotta use a def buff to make up for the -hp (1 hp shy of getting into desperation just from fury, hp -1 seal pls)  but being able to trade to get into desperation is faster than ardent sacrifice and having access to draw back has pulled my ass out of the fire a few times, so thanks for that!

1 hour ago, Ice Dragon said:

Drag Back, Hit and Run, Wings of Mercy, Escape Route, Axebreaker.

Wings of Mercy, Lancebreaker.

Reinhardt is already killing every blue tome user. The only thing B Tomebreaker is doing is preventing Reinhardt from being double attacked on enemy phase.

1 hour ago, Katrisa said:

I concur with Icedragon especially on Dragback.  I've been using dragback on Cordelia my brave lance user, and its really nice.  It allows you to better pick someone off and back out to safety.  Especially if you have someone with dance, drawback or reposition to move them one more space out of the way.

Thanks! I went ahead and put Drag Back on Cherche. My Ike has Reposition, and Azura dances, those have worked really nicely for Reinhardt. It'll let Cherche do the same sort of thing as Reinhardt, with good positioning after a devastating attack.

I don't have any spare Wings of Mercy or Lancebreakers for Reinhardt. He'll probably just stick with Vantage for now, it's not like he actually needs anything in his B slot anyway.

4 hours ago, Tragonight said:

I'm running a support Eirika with Fury and Seal Attack on my team (that will be centered around Nino).

What's the best proc skill for her? Should I use Moonbow for offensive potential, or should I use a defensive skill like Escutcheon or Sacred Cowl? (Maybe even Noontime would work? I'm not so sure about that one.)

I've had Eirika on my team for a long while.  I was very lucky with an +Atk -HP roll.  On her I ran Fury, Dragback and Moonbow.  Sitting at 39 Speed she outspeeds nearly everyone in the melee meta, so she ends up procing Moonbow basically every fight.  She's still stupid fun and its impressive what she can kill.

With this said without +Atk and moonbow I've heard people complain about her inability to get kills.

---

Also thanks for the thoughts on Xander everyone.  I think I've settled on trying out a tank build I was looking at for FCorrin.  The build looks perfect for Xander due to his amazing attack, low speed, and awesome defense.

Xander:
    Default Weapon, Bonfire, +2 Atk/Def, Quick Riposte, and Threaten Attack.  

So instead of trying to reduce doubles you keep your low speed and instead try to increase your defense and reduce damage as much as possible.  If another horse unit tosses Xander Fortitude with this build he can literally drive red unit damage down between 0-5 damage a hit.  Likewise he can tank blue melee with this build and kill them in return with Bonfire.  Likewise with damage reduced you can pull of two Quick Ripostes at level 3.

Edited by Katrisa

57 minutes ago, Katrisa said:

Xander:

Default Weapon, Bonfire, +2 Atk/Def, Quick Riposte, and Threaten Attack.  

So instead of trying to reduce doubles you keep your low speed and instead try to increase your defense and reduce damage as much as possible.  If another horse unit tosses Xander Fortitude with this build he can literally drive red unit damage down between 0-5 damage a hit.  Likewise he can tank blue melee with this build and kill them in return with Bonfire.  Likewise with damage reduced you can pull of two Quick Ripostes at level 3.

I am planning the same build for my Xander. Sadly, I only have 1 S!Chrom :( I don't even have Fury fodder left.

1 hour ago, Clogon said:

I am planning the same build for my Xander. Sadly, I only have 1 S!Chrom :( I don't even have Fury fodder left.

I have the opposite problem with S!Chrom... i drew 6 of the bloody idiot.  I could merge them all but he isn't exactly a spectacular without some serious inheritance and my Hector outclasses him by a large margin.  

I'm happy to hear I'm not the only one to come to this silly plot though o/

Edited by Katrisa

Can confirm that Siegfried/Fury/Quick Riposte Xander getting bonuses to speed is pretty baller in the arena. I have consistently won the Arena on Advanced with my M!Robin/Julia/Reinhardt/Xander team and a big reason for that is the Speed boost that Reinhardt provides so that Xander isn't doubled by a lot of the speedy red units while Quick Riposte 2 ensures that he gives out crippling damage in return (it's from Goad Cavalry, I'm working on getting Reinhardt Hone Cavalry to prevent even more double-attacks).

34 minutes ago, Folt said:

Can confirm that Siegfried/Fury/Quick Riposte Xander getting bonuses to speed is pretty baller in the arena. I have consistently won the Arena on Advanced with my M!Robin/Julia/Reinhardt/Xander team and a big reason for that is the Speed boost that Reinhardt provides so that Xander isn't doubled by a lot of the speedy red units while Quick Riposte 2 ensures that he gives out crippling damage in return (it's from Goad Cavalry, I'm working on getting Reinhardt Hone Cavalry to prevent even more double-attacks).

Instead of getting rid of Reinhardt's unique Goad Cavalry, I think it'd be more beneficial to get a Gunter or to inherit Hone Cavalry onto a third cavalry unit. You're already pretty close to having a full cavalry team, so you may as well go all the way. 

If you don't intend to use any more cavalry units on your team ever, then Hone Cavalry is certainly better than Goad Cavalry. However, in all other circumstances, I think you're better off keeping Goad on Reinhardt.

44 minutes ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

Instead of getting rid of Reinhardt's unique Goad Cavalry, I think it'd be more beneficial to get a Gunter or to inherit Hone Cavalry onto a third cavalry unit. You're already pretty close to having a full cavalry team, so you may as well go all the way. 

If you don't intend to use any more cavalry units on your team ever, then Hone Cavalry is certainly better than Goad Cavalry. However, in all other circumstances, I think you're better off keeping Goad on Reinhardt.

Reinhardt is becoming rather multi-purpose for me actually. I'm intending to use the same Reinhardt for a two-infantry, two-cavalry team (the one I'm using now) and an all-cavalry team (which would have Xander, Leo, and Cecilia), and I have enough Gunters to go by in terms of Skill Inheritance. When I swap between the teams, I will swap out the skills too so that they suit the team's needs.

14 minutes ago, Folt said:

Reinhardt is becoming rather multi-purpose for me actually. I'm intending to use the same Reinhardt for a two-infantry, two-cavalry team (the one I'm using now) and an all-cavalry team (which would have Xander, Leo, and Cecilia), and I have enough Gunters to go by in terms of Skill Inheritance. When I swap between the teams, I will swap out the skills too so that they suit the team's needs.

If you have the SP and fodder to freely swap between Spur Atk, Goad Cavalry, and Hone Cavalry, then by all means go for it. 

Just now, MaskedAmpharos said:

If you have the SP and fodder to freely swap between Spur Atk, Goad Cavalry, and Hone Cavalry, then by all means go for it. 

I will soon. This SP-boosting season has been pretty good for getting my builds together.

That said, I don't have a 5* Cecilia yet and I doubt I will have one for the foreseeable future, which is why I am currently focusing on my two-infantry, two-cavalry team. Everyone else that I need as a 5* for my Cavalry team I have as 5*.

Just a question, is there any 1RKO that Xander misses by not run Fury 3? At least to me, fury does a great job when you get doubled a lot as it can sometimes save you from a death in exchange for non-lethal damage. If the point of running fury is to stack with Hone Cavalry and not be doubled isn't speed+3 better as it has no recoil and possibly stretching Quick Riposte duration?

1 minute ago, Folt said:

I will soon. This SP-boosting season has been pretty good for getting my builds together.

That said, I don't have a 5* Cecilia yet and I doubt I will have one for the foreseeable future, which is why I am currently focusing on my two-infantry, two-cavalry team. Everyone else that I need as a 5* for my Cavalry team I have as 5*.

Arena scoring aside, a 4* Cecilia is more than sufficient for 10th stratum cavalry quests, if you don't yet have a team together for that. 

Arena scoring aside, a 4* Cecilia is more than sufficient for 10th stratum cavalry quests, if you don't yet have a team together for that. 

Thanks. Guess I know now what my next project will be.

Just now, Folt said:

Thanks. Guess I know now what my next project will be.

I just want it to be clear that I was referring to Gronnblade Cecilia when I said that btw (I'm pretty certain that's the standard for cavalry teams, but I just want to make sure to not give potentially faulty advice), not Cecilia with her default skills. 

Though I haven't bothered inheriting anything onto Cecilia besides Gronnblade (not even + bc I don't have that many feathers) bc she's nowhere near the top of my priority list for promoting or inheritance, but she's still putting in a ton of work with only a Hone Cavalry buff. 

I don't even want to imagine how broken she'd be at 5* with Gronnblade+, Life and Death, and both Hone and Fortify buffs on Gronnblade considering she's already ORKOing most things in 10th stratum at 4* with only Gronnblade and Hone Cavalry. Horse Emblem is terrifying indeed. 

I just want it to be clear that I was referring to Gronnblade Cecilia when I said that btw (I'm pretty certain that's the standard for cavalry teams, but I just want to make sure to not give potentially faulty advice), not Cecilia with her default skills. 

Though I haven't bothered inheriting anything onto Cecilia besides Gronnblade (not even + bc I don't have that many feathers) bc she's nowhere near the top of my priority list for promoting or inheritance, but she's still putting in a ton of work with only a Hone Cavalry buff. 

I don't even want to imagine how broken she'd be at 5* with Gronnblade+, Life and Death, and both Hone and Fortify buffs on Gronnblade considering she's already ORKOing most things in 10th stratum at 4* with only Gronnblade and Hone Cavalry. Horse Emblem is terrifying indeed. 

It is. Luckily for me, I do have a spare Nino to feather up to 4* (since I'm keeping one Nino due to her nature) so that Cecilia can get Grónnblade so I'm going to have to sift through the Cecilias I currently have to find the one I will train up.

33 minutes ago, Folt said:

It is. Luckily for me, I do have a spare Nino to feather up to 4* (since I'm keeping one Nino due to her nature) so that Cecilia can get Grónnblade so I'm going to have to sift through the Cecilias I currently have to find the one I will train up.

You don't need to feather Nino up to 4* to get Gronnblade- she can access it as a 3*

Also quick question, how good would Vantage be on Xander? I've seen Quick Riposte seems to be the go to B skill but is there a reason Vantage isn't used, compared to say, Ryoma?

Also what other A skills would be good for Xadner- since I don't really have Death Blow or Fury fodder. Attack+3 or Speed +3 I guess? Or maybe Def+3 if it stacks with Bonfire?

Edited by mcsilas

12 hours ago, Katrisa said:

I've had Eirika on my team for a long while.  I was very lucky with an +Atk -HP roll.  On her I ran Fury, Dragback and Moonbow.  Sitting at 39 Speed she outspeeds nearly everyone in the melee meta, so she ends up procing Moonbow basically every fight.  She's still stupid fun and its impressive what she can kill.

With this said without +Atk and moonbow I've heard people complain about her inability to get kills.

I'm never lucky so my Eirika is -Atk +Def, what proc skill would you recommend?

@Katrisa what was that fCorrin tank build you mentioned? I've been trying to settle on some skills for mine and wouldn't object to some input in that regard.

9 hours ago, MaskedAmpharos said:

8 hours ago, Folt said:

Ah, that's true. Then I just need to figure out which Cecilia I should inherit it to.

Nevermind that. I just cleared the Tenth Stratum with a mounted-only team just now, with minimal restarts. Reinhardt + Xander is a dream team.

So I guess I'll go for the gusto with Cecilia. I'll try to get Gronnblade+ on her through feathering my redundant Nino.

Which means I have to pick a Cecilia to keep her going. I have the following Cecilias:

• 4* +Def, -Res Cecilia
  • 4* +Def, -Spd Cecilia
  • 3* +Atk, -HP Cecilia
  • 3* +Spd, -Res Cecilia
  • 3* +Res, -HP Cecilia

Training a 3* to 5* is not a problem to me since I'd want a lot of SP, and Im leaning towards the +Atk, -HP one anyways.