Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

3 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Dragon Fang's cooldown of 4 becomes 5 with Gronnblade equipped.

You probably didn't need Darting Blow.

I'm still not convinced Vantage is a particularly good skill period except on characters designed to kill in a single hit on counterattack.

Savage Blow cannot kill an opponent, only leave them with 1 HP.

Darn it. D:
What about Azura?
I added Hon Atk + Escape route

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Raven said:

I'm thinking any unit using a brave weapon and has vantage equipped and ready to activate will give many people a hard time.

Brave weapons cannot attack twice on enemy phase.

Unless you mean you take the opponent down to 1-hit range on your phase with your Brave weapon, then let them kill themselves when they initiate the next attack.

2 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm thinking any unit using a brave weapon and has vantage equipped and ready to activate will give many people a hard time.

Braves and Vantage are kinda weak combo, no? I mean, initiating does mean that one has to start the confrontation, not who goes first in it, right?

1 minute ago, Vaximillian said:

It's Shadow Dragon all over again!

How is that? I only played SD once and it is my least favorite entry that I played so far, so I kinda forgot a lot of it.

1 minute ago, Raven said:

As others above said Braves only attack twice when you initiate combat, and initiating and attacking first are two different things.

If anything, Brave users want a Breaker skill so that can guarantee a quadruple attack on their primary target.

1 minute ago, Ice Dragon said:

Brave weapons cannot attack twice on enemy phase.

Unless you mean you take the opponent down to 1-hit range on your phase with your Brave weapon, then let them kill themselves when they initiate the next attack.

Yeah I forgot Brave weapons don't work on enemy phase. I was thinking of Takumi with his counter skill, wielding a brave bow+ and vantage. But still, Vanilla Takumi with vantage would be pretty nifty, I think.

Just now, MonkeyCheez3K said:

How is that? I only played SD once and it is my least favorite entry that I played so far, so I kinda forgot a lot of it.

Gaiden chapters in SD are designed to provide you with replacement units if many of yours have been killed.
Which is why some people actively kill off their units to access the gaidens and recruit the replacements.

As expected, this is quite unpopular generally.

Yeah Breakers can be applied to anything that wouldn't give them an edge over their triangle counters. You can even cross ranges and have Swordbreaker on bow users or Tomebreaker on melee units.

3 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

Can Bowbreaker be applied to just archers?
Wait I can check this.

EDIT: Yes you can. Takumi better quiver in fear!

Yeah, I gave Bowbreaker to my Lilina. Sorry, Setsuna, but the girl has to roast all the pineapples!

3 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Gaiden chapters in SD are designed to provide you with replacement units if many of yours have been killed.
Which is why some people actively kill off their units to access the gaidens and recruit the replacements.

As expected, this is quite unpopular generally.

Ooooh yeeeeah, totally forgot about that, lol. Glad that's not a staple....

On a side note, how dumb is a Close Counter/Quick Riposte M!Robin? (I have a spare Takumi (+Att/-Spd, kinda bad in practice I found, and the 5 star buff for Subaki might hurt, but it's an option)

46 minutes ago, Silith13 said:

What do you think. Nope. A character will likely lose all inherrited skills when promoting to a higher rarity. Aka only inherrit skills to someone who is already 5*.

That seems unlikely, since they retain SP and the skills they've already learned.

At least, I certainly hope it's not the case, since I'm about to hit 20k to upgrade Sharena and I had her inherit skills from an extra Virion beforehand. Can anyone confirm?

12 minutes ago, MonkeyCheez3K said:

Ooooh yeeeeah, totally forgot about that, lol. Glad that's not a staple....

On a side note, how dumb is a Close Counter/Quick Riposte M!Robin? (I have a spare Takumi (+Att/-Spd, kinda bad in practice I found, and the 5 star buff for Subaki might hurt, but it's an option)

Close counter on Mr Robin is okay but not the best. If you have no other slightly defensive tome user then go for it.

9 minutes ago, Othin said:

That seems unlikely, since they retain SP and the skills they've already learned.

At least, I certainly hope it's not the case, since I'm about to hit 20k to upgrade Sharena and I had her inherit skills from an extra Virion beforehand. Can anyone confirm?

That is a good question though.  Say you have a 4* unit inherit a bunch of skills then promote them to 5*.  Do they keep all the inherited skills?  I would think so but has anybody tested this?

It's too bad I don't have Bow Breaker to give to Robin.  Guess I'll have to make due with Red Tome Breaker which should be decent for now because he is -RES.  Debating using Moonbow as well because it has a 2 turn activation vs 3 for Ignis.

I'm not going wild with inheritance because I'm hoping they refine the feature in a future update.

Edited by Eselred

This is my spreadsheet of all the duplicate units I currently own. Anything worth salvaging? Currently owned 5* units I'd like to improve are Lyn, Eirika, Tharja, Hinoka, Robin-M, Hector, Camilla, Nino, Takumi.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ddAZXbjs5ZicoV_WtJnu4-CrIJBShUXlNDfpHHuAse4/edit?usp=sharing

39 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

On the other hand, once the April update hits, the new matchmaking algorithm should make it such that players who don't use skill inheritance will have a lower chance of being matched against players that do.

The one thing I'm banking on.  That combined with how uncertain the meta is and how scarce feathers are is going to make me not use this feature or possibly even feather ANYONE for a while.  Even more so with how few units I have in general.

Probably doesn't help that my only three 5-stars are red, one of whom is a +Res/-Atk Y!Tiki.

I was planning on using a +HP/-Spe Fae I have because she's pretty tanky and I like the character. Do you think Speed+3 would be a good skill to give her?

Since she is healed every other turn, I was thinking the priority would be avoiding getting doubled and with that skill it would be as if she didn't have negative speed ivs.

I'm going to give her Growing Wind as well to help her destroy more enemies.

is there any hero who gets death blow III at 4*? I want it for Reinhardt but I am not willing to make Ursula a 5* to give it to him.

Also would Fury be good on Nino?

Edited by Thor Odinson

The fact that you can inherit even weapons is kind of bullshit. I guess we have had a preview of this all along though from the enemies in Training Tower sometimes having completely randoms skills.

It just sucks that this gives such a huge advantage to people who can shell out a ton of money on this game.

Edited by Hawk King

4 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

is there any hero who gets death blow III at 4*? I want it for Reinhardt but I am not willing to make Ursula a 5* to give it to him.

Also would Fury be good on Nino?

Klein has it at 4*.

But Klein is good....

Why are you doing this to us IS!?

Edited by pianime94