Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

21 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Do fortifications count as Def/Res for the purposes of skill activation (both for Bonfire-type and Moonbow-type)? According to the wording, it sounded like they were a damage reduction and not a stat boost.

I haven't had a chance to test out the new maps yet.

My guess is that it functions similarly to weapon advantage, which doesn't affect Draconic Aura's damage to begin with. It follows that Bonfire / Moonbow don't get a damage bonus from sitting on a fort, in that case. Do test this though.

Edited by MrSmokestack

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I just pulled a +Def/-Atk Linde, and I was wondering what skills to give her.

• Does Breath of Life 3 stack with Aura? I was considering making her a sort of mass healer, using both Aura+BoL3 and Ardent Sacrifice+Renewal3 to keep everyone alive while still dealing out hefty damage. Thoughts?
  • Which proc would be best for her? I'm thinking Draconic Aura (+14 damage), but Glacies (+22 damage) is also appealing. Should I go for the extra damage or the faster charge rate?

K guys. Two questions.

1. Which IV's are best?

@eclipse since you always seem to know what's best.

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - for giggles.

Spoiler

Beruka: +atk/-spd, +atk/-hp, or +def/-hp

A!Tiki: +spd/-hp, +atk/-hp or +def/-res

Nowi: +spd/-def or +hp/-res

Oboro: +res/-spd or +atk/-def

Raigh: +atk/-hp or +res/-def

Donnel: +def/-res, +atk/-hp or +atk/-res

Catria: +atk/-spd, +hp/-def or +hp/-res

I won't bother you guys with my 8 Eliwoods...

Edited by TheTuckingFypo

1 hour ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

K guys.

1. Which IV's are best?

Reveal hidden contents

1. +Atk -Spd Beruka's Atk is low to begin with, but her Spd isn't worth fixing.

2. +Atk -HP High base Atk. Give her Quick Riposte for 1-2 range doubles.

3. +Spd -Def Nowi's Def loss only matters if she's OHKO'd, bur +Spd gives her more bulk overall.

4. +Res -Spd Lesser of two evils.

5. +Atk -HP Props up Raigh's base Atk.

6. +Atk -Res. Death Blow Brave Lance is go.

7. +HP -Res. None of these are good, honestly. Catria sits in a crowded Spd tier and doesn't want a hit to it, but she's naturally bulky and doesn't want to hit her Def if she doesn't have to. -Res is the easy choice.

Eliwood wants +Atk -Res or +Spd -Res, generally speaking.

Spoiler

Get 3 more SP on your Takumi and you can Party Like it's 1999

5 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

Lol. I have...

Spoiler

+atk/-spd

+atk/-res

+atk/-def

+atk/-hp

+spd/-def

+def/-atk

+def/-res

+hp/-atk

I find it funny that I have yet to get a duplicate nature of him. :P

10 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

K guys. Two questions.

1. Which IV's are best?

@Arcanite @MrSmokestack @MaskedAmpharos - for giggles.

Hide contents

2. What in hell am I ever gonna use this for??

Hide contents

IMG_0431.PNG.eab47ee0b4d1fe3a3de880d769fe5402.PNG

In order:

Beruka - Her Spd is a lost cause, so +Atk/-Spd.
Tiki - Honestly, none of them.  Like Beruka, she wants a -Spd nature, and she doesn't want to hit her tank stats if at all possible.
Nowi - As weird as this will sound, +HP/-Res.  While +Spd is nice, the -Def isn't, since she has to deal with Falchion.
Oboro - I'm gonna be a ninny and say +Atk/-Def, since I think she can function with that.
Raigh - +Atk/-HP, no contest.  35 base Atk is damn helpful, assuming he gets another tome.
Donnel - +Atk/-HP, since -Def or Res on a double hit hurts more.
Catria - Uhhh. . .+HP/-Res, I guess.  She really doesn't want the Spd hit.

Takumi - Give him a proper assist skill and a few different auras! :P:

3 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Lol. I have...

Reveal hidden contents

+atk/-spd

+atk/-res

+atk/-def

+atk/-hp

+spd/-def

+def/-atk

+def/-res

+hp/-atk

I find it funny that I have yet to get a duplicate nature of him. :P

+Atk -Res since he really doesn't even need his res to go even more through the ceiling XD

Also, +Atk -Def Oboro seems good, but if you're going to be really using her, I'd wait for a perfect one before I start doing anything nuts with her!

10 hours ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

#AlwaysWorshipYourMods

Edited by ArCAWnite

10 hours ago, MrSmokestack said:

1. +Atk -Spd Beruka's Atk is low to begin with, but her Spd isn't worth fixing.

2. +Atk -HP High base Atk. Give her Quick Riposte for 1-2 range doubles.

3. +Spd -Def Nowi's Def loss only matters if she's OHKO'd, bur +Spd gives her more bulk overall.

4. +Res -Spd Lesser of two evils.

5. +Atk -HP Props up Raigh's base Atk.

6. +Atk -Res. Death Blow Brave Lance is go.

7. +HP -Res. None of these are good, honestly. Catria sits in a crowded Spd tier and doesn't want a hit to it, but she's naturally bulky and doesn't want to hit her Def if she doesn't have to. -Res is the easy choice.

Hide contents

Get 3 more SP on your Takumi and you can Party Like it's 1999

Interesting. Lol Takumi now has 1997SP :P

2 hours ago, eclipse said:

In order:

Beruka - Her Spd is a lost cause, so +Atk/-Spd.
Tiki - Honestly, none of them.  Like Beruka, she wants a -Spd nature, and she doesn't want to hit her tank stats if at all possible.
Nowi - As weird as this will sound, +HP/-Res.  While +Spd is nice, the -Def isn't, since she has to deal with Falchion.
Oboro - I'm gonna be a ninny and say +Atk/-Def, since I think she can function with that.
Raigh - +Atk/-HP, no contest.  35 base Atk is damn helpful, assuming he gets another tome.
Donnel - +Atk/-HP, since -Def or Res on a double hit hurts more.
Catria - Uhhh. . .+HP/-Res, I guess.  She really doesn't want the Spd hit.

Takumi - Give him a proper assist skill and a few different auras! :P:

So: 

Beruka: Everyone agreed = +atk/-spd...
Tiki: I'll probably stick with the +atk/-hp
Nowi: I'll use the +HP/-Res until I get a better one.
Oboro: 2 for +atk/-def, 1 for +spd/-res. I'm stuck between the two since I saw a build for the latter somewhere.
Raigh: Cool beans. I was pretty certain already about him, but just wanted to make sure it the the right choice :P
Donnel: At least they're all +Atk :P
Catria: Cool. That's the one that's level 38 (phew). I forgot I had that 3* balanced one. Whoops.

Takumi: Pivot, Swap or Reposition?

2 hours ago, ArCAWnite said:

+Atk -Res since he really doesn't even need his res to go even more through the ceiling XD

Also, +Atk -Def Oboro seems good, but if you're going to be really using her, I'd wait for a perfect one before I start doing anything nuts with her!

#AlwaysWorshipYourMods

Wait, he doesn't? But Glacies...

Also, Thank you guys for helping out. 

4 minutes ago, TheTuckingFypo said:

Takumi: Pivot, Swap or Reposition?

Wait, he doesn't? But Glacies...

Reposition!

Think about it this way:

5 star Eliwood needs +Atk, but +Spd is good too. Let's assume he has +Atk and you get to choose his bane. Do you choose:

A. Hp. He now has 35 HP which is -4 instead of -3.

B. Speed which knocks him down to a measly 26 from 30 at neutral (-4 again)

C. Defense which brings him down to A WHOLE 20. Yeah -Def gives him 20 defense which is pretty bad if you ask me.

D. Resistance. 32 at neutral, means he'll have 29 with -Res. HIS -RES IS THE SAME AS NEUTRAL RES LYN

So yeah. Iceberg still does 14 damage so it's not even that bad lol. You can choose defense if you want since it's already mad low anyway XD

4 minutes ago, ArCAWnite said:

Reposition!

Think about it this way:

5 star Eliwood needs +Atk, but +Spd is good too. Let's assume he has +Atk and you get to choose his bane. Do you choose:

A. Hp. He now has 35 HP which is -4 instead of -3.

B. Speed which knocks him down to a measly 26 from 30 at neutral (-4 again)

C. Defense which brings him down to A WHOLE 20. Yeah -Def gives him 20 defense which is pretty bad if you ask me.

D. Resistance. 32 at neutral, means he'll have 29 with -Res. HIS -RES IS THE SAME AS NEUTRAL RES LYN

So yeah. Iceberg still does 14 damage so it's not even that bad lol. You can choose defense if you want since it's already mad low anyway XD

... Oh. I see now.

Good thing +atk/-res is the first Eliwood I got :P 

Reposition it is then!

so i have a ton of Sophias I need to get rid of, which units can make good use of Dragon Fang?

I've got a +Atk Cherche, but would she want Draconic Aura instead? I have low sources of Bonfire fodder

also for the new skills, I guess it depends on how things work but do you think Distant Defense would be good on Odin? It would be nice if the stat ups count for Blarblade.

then add to that the Hones that comes from his teammates. Hmmm if only Odin's attack isn't that low, maybe even Blarowl could be interesting (if it works like a pseudo Fury).

or just have Fury on him anyway and stack with the Blarblade/Blarowl

Agreeing with eclipse... most folks would rather have Draconic Aura, Dragon Fang (IMO at least) is only useful for characters for whom the faster procs don't make much of a difference with kills; the only one I've personally found who benefits more from Fang than Aura is +Spd Swift Sparrow Merric. It could also be useful for nukers like Nino to muscle past Triangle Adept or some such to land a kill, but its uses tend to be less worthwhile than DracoAura on such strong attackers.

Allright so I just finished grinding my 5* +Atk/-Spd Raven up to lv40. What kind of skills would yall recommend for him? Threaten Speed is about the only thing I was planning to keep from his main kit, and I managed to avoid spending SP on much else for him to preserve it for new skills. Death Blow is obv a top candidate as it always is for brave nukers, but Death Blow fodder is in scant supply for me lol so I'd prefer to have some other options on the table. Is his bulk even remotely worth investing in, or should I maybe go the route of trying to specialize him with like Life and Death or something? 

Edited by BANRYU

Personally, my take on Dragon Fang is that it's good on the people Galeforce is good on:

Galeforce v. Dragon Fang is a matter of being able to dumpster multiple losers in one turn (quantity), or being able to dumpster everyone, but only one a turn (quality).

Someone with 90+ coverage, for example, doesn't really need a special for everyday KOs, it's the -breaker TA-3 losers that give trouble, and Dragon Fang muscles past that. Galeforce, on the other hand, is more or less half a dancer (Galeforce procs about every other turn---you need 4 hits + a counter or 5 hits to trigger it*), meaning a unit deletes 1.5 dudes a turn, or 3 a turn with dancer support.

*Strong and speedy (33/33 or better, I'd say) brave users are the best for this, strong enough to be able to grab free special charge when needed, and speedy enough to quad for instant galeforce versus the bulkier units, allowing either a 1turn KO or a gtfo. Weak but speedy brave users need to use a 3cd or lower damage special, because there's no point running Galeforce just to do 0 damage eight times.

Edit: And strong but slow brave users need to use a 3cd or lower damage special too, but for different reasons. They'll never double, so anything slower than 3 will never happen, since you need to have already killed two people for the special to proc.

Desperation users with decent single hit bulk are also honorable mentions (Lucina has a great spread for this, since she's bulky enough physically to survive most things even with L&D 3), since a double and a counter the first combat is 3 charge, meaning the desperation second combat is either a free second turn or a Dragon Fang proc.

Edited by DehNutCase

2 hours ago, DehNutCase said:

Personally, my take on Dragon Fang is that it's good on the people Galeforce is good on:

Galeforce v. Dragon Fang is a matter of being able to dumpster multiple losers in one turn (quantity), or being able to dumpster everyone, but only one a turn (quality).

Someone with 90+ coverage, for example, doesn't really need a special for everyday KOs, it's the -breaker TA-3 losers that give trouble, and Dragon Fang muscles past that. Galeforce, on the other hand, is more or less half a dancer (Galeforce procs about every other turn---you need 4 hits + a counter or 5 hits to trigger it*), meaning a unit deletes 1.5 dudes a turn, or 3 a turn with dancer support.

*Strong and speedy (33/33 or better, I'd say) brave users are the best for this, strong enough to be able to grab free special charge when needed, and speedy enough to quad for instant galeforce versus the bulkier units, allowing either a 1turn KO or a gtfo. Weak but speedy brave users need to use a 3cd or lower damage special, because there's no point running Galeforce just to do 0 damage eight times.

Edit: And strong but slow brave users need to use a 3cd or lower damage special too, but for different reasons. They'll never double, so anything slower than 3 will never happen, since you need to have already killed two people for the special to proc.

Desperation users with decent single hit bulk are also honorable mentions (Lucina has a great spread for this, since she's bulky enough physically to survive most things even with L&D 3), since a double and a counter the first combat is 3 charge, meaning the desperation second combat is either a free second turn or a Dragon Fang proc.

I guess of my units with the multiple Sophias, I guess I only have Lucina that counts as that. (Sanaki probably wants Iceberg, Nino moonbow) Lilina is +Spd/-Res so she can't use Iceberg as well as Sanaki, so maybe Draconic Aura?

What about Raven? He's a fast Brave user. I also have Hana (although low SP), Ogma and maybe Lon'qu if I find another Brave Sword user.

But yeah I guess the other Sophias can go Fortify Res. That skill completely flew over my head since I don't really use Res buffs as much as Atk/Spd.

@ignis_z Personally Wings of Mercy if you have the SP, because Ninian shouldn't be taking damage. Escape Route works fine if you have someone who has Reciprocal Aid to transfer their low HP though.

Edited by mcsilas

4 hours ago, mcsilas said:

I guess of my units with the multiple Sophias, I guess I only have Lucina that counts as that. (Sanaki probably wants Iceberg, Nino moonbow) Lilina is +Spd/-Res so she can't use Iceberg as well as Sanaki, so maybe Draconic Aura?

What about Raven? He's a fast Brave user. I also have Hana (although low SP), Ogma and maybe Lon'qu if I find another Brave Sword user.

But yeah I guess the other Sophias can go Fortify Res. That skill completely flew over my head since I don't really use Res buffs as much as Atk/Spd.

@ignis_z Personally Wings of Mercy if you have the SP, because Ninian shouldn't be taking damage. Escape Route works fine if you have someone who has Reciprocal Aid to transfer their low HP though.

Raven is decent, he's 34/35, almost as good as it gets in terms of offenses, same for Ogma (35/34) even if Hana out-does him in the raw damage department. That said, before you inherit the skill onto them, you might want to just use them without it for a bit first, and check to see when Dragon Fang would've helped---and, conversely, when the lack of a 3cd special missed a kill. (Raven has Sol, so just pretend that every time Sol's up he would've killed a dude, any dude.)

Hey guys!

I spent all my orbs on this banner chasing Julia.

Which obviously means that now I have Sanaki, Linde and Tharja :S

I do kinda like Linde though, the one I pulled is +ATK/-DEF. I have been playing around with the battle simulator thing and was hoping for some input I on the build I'm hoping to work towards, any thoughts, pros/cons are appreciated :)

Linde

Weapon: Blarraven+
Assist: Optional
Special: Moonbow(??)

1. Life and Death 3
  2. Swordbreaker 3
  3. Optional

This should give her a win/loss/draw of 96/4/25 (including Reinhardt who's just a c*nt). With a hone, that would be (for attack) 106/4/15 and (for speed) 100/4/21.

The four losses on these different situations are Julia, Nino, Hector and F!Robin who I do not consider threats (my arena team includes either Y!Tiki or -SPD/+DEF Ryoma).

Unbuffed it beats out the same build with Blarblade (BR96/4/25 to BB88/11/26). With one buff (ATK) BR106/4/15 to BB107/5/13 and (SPD) BR100/4/21 to BB100/11/14. With double buffs (SPD and ATK) Blarraven seems to fall short at BR109/4/12 to BB114/4/7 but I'm not sure I will be able to keep two buffs on her at all times..

Am I relying too much on the calculator? I have no idea. What I do know is that -DEF Linde with LaD3 has 6 def... Holy shit!

4 minutes ago, Humbug said:

Linde

1. Life and Death 3
  2. Swordbreaker 3
  3. Optional

Raven tome is a bit of a odd choice for Linde, especially considering L&D, same for Swordbreaker. Raven+ is comparable to Aura (about the same # of wins depending on buffs etc., sometimes more, sometimes less), costs 20k extra feathers, and doesn't actually help her not die because brave bow users still 2HKO her on offense. The very fastest swords that Linde couldn't double die to basically any brave user. A -blade tome gives her excellent OHKO potential (to prevent counters\vantage shenanigans), desperation let's her guarantee doubles, and WoM gives her excellent mobility on offense and defense. (WoM on ranged is very dangerous on a defense team, since it means your melee attacks first, goes under 50%, and here comes a flying Linde to nuke someone's face in.) Desperation & her default Ardent is also fairly decent, of course, giving her a way to kill people that OHKO her by doubling before the counter.

29 minutes ago, Humbug said:

I do kinda like Linde though, the one I pulled is +ATK/-DEF. I have been playing around with the battle simulator thing and was hoping for some input I on the build I'm hoping to work towards, any thoughts, pros/cons are appreciated :)

Linde

1. Life and Death 3
  2. Swordbreaker 3
  3. Optional

-Raven users are generally built to check and beat certain colors while taking single-digit damage in return. Hence, they do most of their work on enemy phase.

Linde's defenses, especially with that stat roll, leave her ill-suited to tanking anything. Case in point: Do "All vs One" on the calculator with your set and observe how her matchup spread is much less favorable.

Blárblade is considered more popular for her because her offenses, by comparison, are fantastic and typically aren't too much trouble to minmax given how much more effective she is with the right support. Dedicated buffbots like the infamous Buffraim exist to give her +14, and combined with Desperation her results are better overall. Even a Hone Atk buff is enough to suffice most of the time, though some teams can also run a Spd buff for good measure.

-Raven is obviously preferred with high base Atk mages even if they also run Triangle Adept, but bulk also needs to come into consideration when they're generally being placed within enemy range to bait colors they're strong against.

As for filling out the rest of the set, either Fury / Draw Back or Life and Death / Ardent Sacrifice are the pairs often run together. If you have LaD fodder already, go with the latter to save SP since Ardent Sacrifice is her default. I personally use Fury / Draw Back on my Nino though, since I like having a positioning skill and a free Desperation proc after two rounds of combat, at most. The C passive is flexible though I lean towards Hone / Spur Atk. Moonbow is best for -Blade because of the CD penalty the weapon incurs, though Draconic Aura is better for other Linde variants, especially if you intend on using LaD.

Edited by MrSmokestack

LOL SPEAKING OF RAVENS

Decided to answer my own question about Raven I guess.

Ideal build for my (or any Raven really, I suppose, assuming we're keeping Brave) would be Draconic Aura + Life and Death + Axebreaker + Atk Seal 1 (keeping his default of Threaten Def). Funnily enough, the extra speed from Life and Death actually gives him better matchups than the 1 extra Atk from Death Blow 3-- even LaD2 outperforms DB3. So that's a relief since I don't actually have any readily available death blow fodder lol. 

Since I'm short on Draconic Aura fodder too (only got the one extra fCorrin that I prefer to save for Nino or someone) I'll prob be giving mine Luna for the time being since I've got tons of freddy fodder and not too many things that need him. 

Actually I can totally do this build right now-- I've got a 3* Laslow and Hana who'd need to be upgraded + a 4* Fredbear, and that gives him everything he needs. Neato. Now I just need to figure out a team to go with him lol

Edited by BANRYU

19 hours ago, mcsilas said:

also for the new skills, I guess it depends on how things work but do you think Distant Defense would be good on Odin? It would be nice if the stat ups count for Blarblade.

then add to that the Hones that comes from his teammates. Hmmm if only Odin's attack isn't that low, maybe even Blarowl could be interesting (if it works like a pseudo Fury).

or just have Fury on him anyway and stack with the Blarblade/Blarowl

Distant Def is an in-battle buff and therefore doesn't add to Litrblade damage.