Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

5 minutes ago, Zangetsu said:

I can't help but notice that Florina isn't one of the suggestion, that's kind of interesting.

Ardent sacrifice for Desperation + Blade tome builds

Darting blow is also worth on some units

11 minutes ago, phineas81707 said:

Heavy Spear, Rally Defence, Threaten Resistance major, Seal Defence minor. Not exactly what I'd call prime inheritance fodder.

3 words:

Spoiler

Rally Defense Eirika

Spoiler

Gives her that triple buff effectiveness. It's the second reason why I still have my other 2 Oboros. The first reason is because she's the greatest! Her other skills are complete garbage though LOL

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Arcanite said:

3 words:

Hide contents

Rally Defense Eirika

Hide contents

Gives her that triple buff effectiveness. It's the second reason why I still have my other 2 Oboros. The first reason is because she's the greatest! Her other skills are complete garbage though LOL

Ah. Perfectly acceptable- I actually focus more on the passives. Especially since the actives are more widely distributed.

A couple weeks ago, I drew Soren (Res+/Def-) trying to pull for Ike (built my bonus up to 5% before a Seliph w/ a terrible IV ruined it...w/ my last 4 orbs, the green next to him turned out to be Soren, so I've got a soft spot for him redeeming a bad situation) 

I have a finished Spd+/Def- Nino so I don't want to go the Nino-light route with him. Looking for something different, I was thinking:  

Gronraven (vanilla)
Iceberg
TriAdept2
Green Tomebreaker3

With this build, I thought I'd try running Soren alongside Sanaki (TriAdept/Swordbreaker) and Nowi (Moonbow/TriAdept/QR).

I was also looking into Gronnowl builds but, honestly, pulling Boey just to sacrifice him might be a little more than I can swing as F2P. 

What do you think about the Soren build and the team makeup?

@Zangetsu Note that a fair amount of the 1* 2* units do have inheritable skills---only up to level 2, but level 4 is often locked behind 4* units, so a 1* sacrifice is very feather efficient if you're fine with a level 2 skill rather than a level 3. (It's how I got Escape Route onto Azura, I just sacced a 1* Cecilia to her.)

This could be very useful, for example, if you're planning to inherit multiple level 3 skills at once, too. Ex: Sac 2* Gunter for Hone Atk 2, grab Hone Fliers and Brave Lance+ from Hinoka.

Edit: Turns out 1*s only have a max skill rank of 1. You can feather them into 2*s for 20 feathers, though.

Edited by DehNutCase

12 hours ago, fatboyjam said:

A couple weeks ago, I drew Soren (Res+/Def-) trying to pull for Ike (built my bonus up to 5% before a Seliph w/ a terrible IV ruined it...w/ my last 4 orbs, the green next to him turned out to be Soren, so I've got a soft spot for him redeeming a bad situation) 

I have a finished Spd+/Def- Nino so I don't want to go the Nino-light route with him. Looking for something different, I was thinking:  

Gronraven (vanilla)
Iceberg
TriAdept2
Green Tomebreaker3

With this build, I thought I'd try running Soren alongside Sanaki (TriAdept/Swordbreaker) and Nowi (Moonbow/TriAdept/QR).

I was also looking into Gronnowl builds but, honestly, pulling Boey just to sacrifice him might be a little more than I can swing as F2P. 

What do you think about the Soren build and the team makeup?

I would definitely try to hold out for Gronnraven+ and Triangle Adept 2 if you can, unless there are specific additional skills you would want to inherit from Roy or someone else. Otherwise, that ought to be okay. 

Last week I summoned a +Spd, -Res Faye.

Should I train her up and try to give her a darting blow and/or debuffer build, or should I have another archer inherit her firesweep bow? (I could see it work nicely with a life & death build)

5 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I would like hear opinion on this built

Witchhunter Effie/Hector bodyguard

Sapphire Lance+/swap/Sol

Distant counter/QR3/Armor buff

Could it work?

Red mages are near non existant in the current meta while green mages are very popular. She can already tank like a boss with her Wary fighter. Without it, she easily dies to Blues and Colourless.

6 hours ago, Tenzen12 said:

I would like hear opinion on this built

Witchhunter Effie/Hector bodyguard

Sapphire Lance+/swap/Sol

Distant counter/QR3/Armor buff

Could it work?

What is this build for exactly? Arena or just all round usage?

Armor emblem for clearing monthly quest without headache.

Current team Sheena(5*)/Hector (5*)/Zephiel(5*)/Effie (4*)

If she could be used in some GBH I wouldn't be angry either.

Edited by Tenzen12

@Tenzen12

Well in response to your question:

Could it work?

Yes!

Is this the best you can do?

Er..... I don't really think so......

Swap + Distant counter makes sense for when you need to get someone out of the way of Mage fire. Sol seems a little nyeh to me. I know you'd want sustain to possibly get back into quick riposte range but I'm not sure how I feel about that. I'd probably go for something (bonfire maybe) else but I guess its okay!

Here's Effie's best build:

Brave Lance+/Pivot/Bonfire

Death Blow/Wary Fighter/Hone or fortify skill

Just in case you need it for reference :D:

Yes I considered that one (especially as my Effie  is +atk) but trying clear 10 stratos with armor emblem and no loss seriously traumatized me a lot.

With dancer and Olwen my Hector occasionally manage attack first. With pure AE I don't think I ever managed deliver first strike in other hand.

Speaking of my Hector I run Sol on him, he doesn't need offensive special as he murder everyone anyway, but Sol allow him tank and destroy even two mages and lance at occasion. I actually tried emulate that.

Edited by Tenzen12

@Tenzen12, Effie having the lowest overall defenses of the knights in the game doesn't really seem safe for her to deal with mages of all things. Of the knights, Sheena has the best overall defenses at 45 HP, 36 defense, and 33 resistance followed by Gwendolyn at 49 HP, 38 defense, and 28 resistance, Zephiel at 55 HP, 38 defense and 24 resistance, Draug at 50 HP, 39 defense and 18 resistance and Hector at 52 HP, 37 defense and 19 resistance; and then Effie at 50 HP, 33 defense, and 23 resistance. Effie's neutral defense being 33 is kind of low for a knight when you consider that there are units like Beruka, Camilla, Michalis, Selena, and Subaki match or exceed her defense.

The main idea behind Effie is attack and kind of HP which is still pretty good compared to the other knights. That being said, Gwendolyn and Sheena having higher overall defenses does let them take less damage, so their lower HP might not matter. Having all of her stats dumped into attack and HP of course means her speed sucks and her defenses aren't as good as the others physically or magically. Of the knights, she has the highest attack -- highest attack in the game as well -- at 40 followed by Hector's 36 and Zephiel's 35. Everyone else has 30 neutral base attack.

Giving her a Sapphire Lance in my opinion hurts her more than it helps. Effie's high attack lets her ignore weapon triangle disadvantage at times, especially if her Wary Fighter is still active so she doesn't get doubled. It also makes Brave Lance's lower MT negligible unlike for Draug whose 10 less base attack makes using his default Brave Sword a problem at times. If someone gets in her range and does not have someone to get them out like a dancer or someone with Draw Back or Reposition or if they don't weapon triangle advantage and high defense, they're going to die against Effie with a Brave Lance.

If you really want someone to deal with mages, Gwendolyn and Sheena are better options. Otherwise, have everyone with Ward Armor so they take less damage in general. Ideally, if you have a ton of Hectors to give Distant Counter, then giving everyone that, Killer weapons for those who don't have legendary weapons except for Effie who might want Brave Lance more, Quick Riposte except for Hector who already has it with Armads and Effie and Zephiel who can keep Wary Fighter, Bonfire, Draconic Aura, or perhaps Noontime, and Ward Armor could work to make everyone a mage counter.

Edited by Kaden

Of course I don't have enough Hectors. I wish I had! Giving distant counter to Sheena is obvious choice but Hector does decent job in killing blue and occasionally green mages. She would be better but then I would have two armored units that can tank blue and green but non that can take care of red which would leave both of them for dead.

But basically you say Gwen is better against red?

16 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

But basically you say Gwen is better against red?

Gwendolyn is better for tanking reds and red mages because of her higher defense and resistance. Effie is better if you want to kill them while also being able to tank them with the right team set-up which is really just have 3 other knights give +12 to defense and resistance through Ward Armor as that stacks unlike Fortify Armor and knights tend to stay close to each other. +12 to both gives neutral Effie 45 defense and 36 resistance in combat on top of her 40 neutral attack. Neutral Gwendolyn would have 50 defense and 40 resistance, but she'd still have 30 attack + whatever weapon she's using. Gwendolyn would be a better wall which is good if that's what you need, but Effie would still be a good wall while also being a powerhouse to the point where she can fight greens if needed.

There's also the other issue of Effie's default kit being probably better, especially for general use. Gwendolyn needs to inherit a different special since Escutcheon isn't that great when her defense is that high, an assist like Swap or Pivot for more general use, an A-skill with the ideal one being Distant Counter, Quick Riposte to replace Drag Back, and Ward Armor especially for an all-armor team. Effie really only needs to get a special, Swap or Pivot, and Ward Armor. Brave Lance can be gotten later and Distant Counter is a pipe dream unless you're a whale.

Edited by Kaden

Yes idea was tanking AND killing reds. 

As I said as great as Effie is for general use I don't see her replace DB3 Olwen and obviously neither Azura (both of them +1) in my arena/general use team. She can either warm bench or make herself use in Armor emblem. Of course if Gwen were were to do better job in that aspect as well Effie would still never get see the action.

Edited by Tenzen12

3 minutes ago, Tenzen12 said:

Yes idea was tanking AND killing reds. 

As I said as great as Effie is for general use I don't see her replace DB3 Olwen and obviously neither Azura in my arena/general use team. She can either warm bench or make herself use in Armor emblem. Of course if Gwen were were to do better job in that aspect as well Effie would still never get see the action.

If you have a spare Distant Counter, Gwendolyn works better on an all armor team largely due to her higher defensive stats.

If you don't have access to Distant Counter, Brave Wary Fighter Effie probably works better because she has the offensive power to finish ranged enemies off on player phase after eating an attack on enemy phase.

For the Stratum 10 quests, it should be entirely possible to run four armors with the budget Wall of Fire (Killer weapon, Quick Riposte, Bonfire, Ward Armor) combination and simply pick and choose enemy compositions that don't include ranged units.

On 2017-5-24 at 0:33 PM, HyperBowser said:

Last week I summoned a +Spd, -Res Faye.

Should I train her up and try to give her a darting blow and/or debuffer build, or should I have another archer inherit her firesweep bow? (I could see it work nicely with a life & death build)

I just got a +Spd, -HP Rebecca while trying to get Klein.

Would Firesweep Bow+, Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow / Luna, Life & Death 3, Escape Route 3 and some filler support skill be a good set for her?

She can act as a psuedo healer untill she can proc Escape Route 3 after which you have a teleporting archer that doubles most things and can't be counter attacked ever.

3 hours ago, HyperBowser said:

I just got a +Spd, -HP Rebecca while trying to get Klein.

Would Firesweep Bow+, Ardent Sacrifice / Reciprocal Aid, Moonbow / Luna, Life & Death 3, Escape Route 3 and some filler support skill be a good set for her?

She can act as a psuedo healer untill she can proc Escape Route 3 after which you have a teleporting archer that doubles most things and can't be counter attacked ever.

That is not bad. She does lose out on 3 ATK compared to Takumi and only gain 1 SPD more.

Since she has super low HP, I don't think the recovery will be very useful. She can only use AS 3 times and RA will only set the ally's HP to 34 at most. Plus once you heal them, you will no longer have Wings active. If you want her to be a medic, I recommend escape route. This way once she uses AS twice or RA, she can teleport to ANY ally, either to use AS one last time, finish off enemies or heal up from a different but full HP ally with RA.

Given her high SPD but low DMG, I recommend going Savage Blow. This way she can safely chip away at enemies and help your team kill.

Has anyone talked about Olwen at all? Because uhh. I saw one in the rankings for the Voting Gauntlet who wasn't running Dire Thunder and it occurred to me that the reason she's considered bad next to Reinhardt is because people try to make her Reinhardt 2.0... (though granted she also doesn't come with a great default kit, admittedly) 

If you give her Blarblade instead though she's actually really freaking fast?? Basically she becomes mounted Linde (but stronger, after Hone Cav) and is really solid in general as long as she gets rid of Dire Thunder and stops trying to be her bro. Like... she has less Atk compared to Ursula, but 2 more speed at neutral AND has the benefit of actually being able to have differing natures, letting her hit 37 Spd with a boon in that or beat Ursula's Atk by 1 if she has a boon in that (while also still being faster). 

Edited by BANRYU

3 minutes ago, BANRYU said:

If you give her Blarblade instead though she's actually really freaking fast?? Basically she becomes mounted Linde (but stronger, after Hone Cav) and is really solid in general as long as she gets rid of Dire Thunder and stops trying to be her bro.

Dire Thunder Olwen is better than Reinhardt on a cavalry team, because cavalry buffs let her double.

5 minutes ago, Vaximillian said:

Dire Thunder Olwen is better than Reinhardt on a cavalry team, because cavalry buffs let her double.

That's... interesting. 

Although according to my numbers, Blarblade Olwen is even better than that .3. Compared DT / Death Blow / Atk boon / Atk SS to Blade / LaD / Desp / Atk boon / Atk SS and Blade takes it by a significant margin. 

Be that as it may... yeah, Olwen might be outright better than Reinhardt on dedicated cavalry teams. It's too bad the one I pulled is +Spd/-Atk =u=

1 minute ago, BANRYU said:

Blade takes it by a significant margin

Because blade tomes are fucking broken. Not running brave tome is a path of a coward though. Keep that in mind.