Skill Inheritance Discussion.

Ewwgene

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

54 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Vantage on Nino is wasted if you ask me.

Currently thinking on how to make Seliph work.

NINJA'D hard.

what Skill B would you recommend for Nino? 

Escape route? Since she is more of a hit and run type.

But it is also rare for her to get 50% life or below since she is so frail and designed to OHKO 

46 minutes ago, Raven said:

I'm thinking any unit using a brave weapon and has vantage equipped and ready to activate will give many people a hard time.

I think you mean desperation that allows the follow up attack to occur before the enemies attack?

Only real priority I did was put bowbreaker on Julia, rest in pieces Takumi. Her boon is def so she can always survive one hit from him, but he can't survive two hits from her. Also put Glacies on Sanaki because she had no active skill and has 37 res, kind of curious how much damaged she'd do to one of the low res axe users now. Gave Klein threaten speed because since he has 31 speed himself, maybe it'll allow him to quadruple some people, idk.

I have a benched Roy that's +atk -def. Any tips on what to do with him with the whole skill inheritance thingie? I don't see any synergies with his skill/stat set.

8 minutes ago, Ariete said:

I was planning on using a +HP/-Spe Fae I have because she's pretty tanky and I like the character. Do you think Speed+3 would be a good skill to give her?

Since she is healed every other turn, I was thinking the priority would be avoiding getting doubled and with that skill it would be as if she didn't have negative speed ivs.

I'm going to give her Growing Wind as well to help her destroy more enemies.

I also have a Fae (-res +def) waiting for some skills, but what I tought would work best with her overall were either Fury or Ardent Sacrifice. But Fae gets doubled by pretty much everything that matters (red swordies) even at 28 spd, actually, so I don't think the extra spd will help yours much.

So far…

Linde +Def/-Atk:

Desperation 2 in B slot from 4* Shanna. Lets her avoid a counterattack after getting hurt. Messed up inheritance and failed to pass level 3 version which sucks but not a massive deal given Linde’s usually under half when she gets hit. 
Hone Atk 2 in C slot from 3* Nino. Mostly filler, buffs others a bit. 
Draw Back in Green slot from 3* Nino. Important skill to somewhat make up for no refresher. Allow attacking with Mage and pulling to safety. Allows Eirika to rush in and Drag Back someone, then pull her to safety. Etc. My Ninos had terrible Boon/Bane. 
Iceberg in Purple slot from 4* Shanna. 3 charge, can enable some onerounds/ohkos.

No Life and Death because otherwise too many ohkos against her. Longterm perhaps Blarblade+ and Moonblow from Odin (20k feathers)? Maybe Darting Blow but I have no characters to sac for it.

Eirika +Def/-Res:

Fury 3 from 4* Hinata. Maybe Triangle Adept would be better since she mainly fights Greens. But this prevents doubling from +Spd 34 Spd tier (37) with +3 Spd (40) from skills, or everything up to 42 Spd, and still lets her take a hit or 2 from blues. Spd+3 is probably better but the Fury Atk can help sometimes and I have noone to pass Spd+ except Linde.
Noontime from 4* Laslow. 3 charge. Some healing. 

Robin(M) +Spd/-Res:

Life and Death 2 from 4* Hana. 36 base Spd is pretty solid, nice 47 atk/40 Spd with Eirika, and actually has the bulk to not fall apart immediately. Not going to spend 20k feathers on LoD3 for now. 
Quick Riposte 1 from 3* Subaki. Please die Bows/Daggers.
Draw Back from 3* Nino. See Linde.

Less SP than the others to grab skills.

Clarine:
Rehabilitate from 4* Wrys. Thanks for babysitting people in the tower.
Heavenly Light from 4* Wrys. Eh, can be nice sometimes

Team of Linde, Eirika, Robin(M), arena bonus filler, is pretty free against Blues with distant counter or Blue Tomebreaker on someone not-Robin(F), so yeah, still really need a good green/colorless that I like. But it’s also hard to replace Robin(M) now with the incoming Brave Bow/Poison Dagger spam. Linde with Blarraven as the sole Blue still can’t take Brave Bow+Death Blow unfortunately. Perhaps she will retire eventually. 

Want to pull for Kagero/Klein/Julia rn but the chances just aren’t that good. Please Julia gauntlet. >_>

SP grind looks to be terrible so I hope they change something. 

Edited by XeKr

8 minutes ago, r4v1sh said:

I also have a Fae (-res +def) waiting for some skills, but what I tought would work best with her overall were either Fury or Ardent Sacrifice. But Fae gets doubled by pretty much everything that matters (red swordies) even at 28 spd, actually, so I don't think the extra spd will help yours much.

I think Fury would make her extremely weak to long distance attacks. In maps in which there's a wall between you and your opponent, she would get destroyed before you get to the enemies. In my opinion, it's a skill that would benefit a mage or archer better.

11 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

But it is also rare for her to get 50% life or below since she is so frail and designed to OHKO 

Not sure, but Seal Atk would be nice as a failsafe if she fails to kill.

6 hours ago, Korath88 said:

You can give blade tomes to mounted mages. Why did they allow this?

Horse teams are going to be broken as hell. Stack hone cavalry and fortify cavalry and proceed to OHKO every unit on the map 

Ugg you're right this looks broken. They would get +18 for anyone hugging hone Cavalry and +12 for fortify.   At least Ward/Hone Cavalry are in battle buffs which not trigger total bonuses on unit damage dealt from my experience.  

At a glance you could attempt to counter with Julia or Camilla with Triangle Adept 3.  But at some point you'll still loose a math bonus where the blade bonuses will overcome your Adept "protection".

Likewise a really cheeky bastard might get smart and engineer a combined cavalry team with both Blue BlarBlade cavalry AND Celia with Green Gronnblade (from Nino).  Which just seems horribly unfair.  This defense team will also have A slots open (uggg) letting them have a number of super nasty options which augment this defense-style even more.  

The good news is that an all mage cavalry team should sport a lower stat score so if you run a mix of tank/infantry/mage units you shouldn't see any all mage cavalry teams since your scores won't ever match up.  You COULD still see a mixed sword/spear/axe/mage team though like Eliwood, Reinhardt, Ceclia, and Abel/Eldigan... which still worries me. I've fought one of those and it was really nasty (but even they had to have some +3 merges to match up to my current team) 

6 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

As someone who also has Nino +Spd -Def that imo would be the best call for her, I mean in the event she does end up being attacked by a foe that can take her out at least you have some insurance to keep her alive. I use her with Eirika and they are such bffs. I myself personally use Iceberg for her just because it's faster than Dragonic Fang because of the +1 Special trigger and also Azura is great for her Res in adding +4 (helps Iceberg even more along with total bonuses on unit to damage dealt) and in the event she is fighting another mage.

23 minutes ago, Raven said:

This is my spreadsheet of all the duplicate units I currently own. Anything worth salvaging? Currently owned 5* units I'd like to improve are Lyn, Eirika, Tharja, Hinoka, Robin-M, Hector, Camilla, Nino, Takumi.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ddAZXbjs5ZicoV_WtJnu4-CrIJBShUXlNDfpHHuAse4/edit?usp=sharing

If you're  not using the 3 star Nino for +1 you can give someone (of your 5 stars) her draw back to help hector move his fat behind.

Takumi gets vantage 3 from 4 star Lon'qu 

Nino can get bowbreaker from sunseta and Glacies from Felicia or Moonbow from Palla

Hector can get Knock back from Olivia or obstruct from Hana

Anyone who doesn't have a special can get 4 star odin's moonbow.

17 minutes ago, Ice Dragon said:

Scratch Klein, too. Klein is also available as a 4-star character.

Oh snap. I better start pulling for him! He's basically Gordin 2.0 I didn't really think they'd have 2 of the only brave bows available for 4 stars but hey, this fine with me.

3 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Hm

Actually

would Fury or Life or Death be better on Nino? I can grab a free Hana next time she comes around if LoD is better.

Since Nino's about damage kamikazeLife or Death is better.

While it's frustrating, I do like how the restriction of what skills characters can learn based on star rank means it stays more relevant which characters can get particular skills naturally, since those are the ones that players not spending exorbitant amounts of money can reasonably get the best versions of on those characters. Like, Adult Tiki can pass on Lightning Breath to Young Tiki, but she can't pass on Lightning Breath+ unless you have a 5* Adult Tiki you're willing to give up. I'm not as concerned about facing Training Tower-like enemies in the Arena, at least once the match-making gets fixed to make those matches fair, but eroding the individual characteristics of characters was a big concern and this helps prevent that.

Guys... I want to give my Oboro an special attack... And since she have, what I think, is a high def, I was thinking in giving her Ignis, the one that increase attack power with the defense stat. Is that a good choice for her? Or which skill do you think is the best?? I have a 3star Henry and a 4star one for Ignis.

Edited by SniperGYS

33 minutes ago, AkiraAsukai said:

As someone who also has Nino +Spd -Def that imo would be the best call for her, I mean in the event she does end up being attacked by a foe that can take her out at least you have some insurance to keep her alive. I use her with Eirika and they are such bffs. I myself personally use Iceberg for her just because it's faster than Dragonic Fang and in the event she is fighting another mage that can potentially survive her two double attacks normally. I will say that I'm wondering if Moonbow would be better for her because then the trigger is 3...

Edited by AbsoluteZer0Nova

9 minutes ago, pianime94 said:

Yes it does. It also neutralizes Wary Fighter.

Urgh... Well, we'll see. I'm a little afraid of Takumis getting something like that...

That's why I didn't like this. Inherit skills is broken. Units no longer being unique... Really this functionnality is stupid.

Edited by Ledrert

20 minutes ago, Thor Odinson said:

Hm

Actually

would Fury or Life or Death be better on Nino? I can grab a free Hana next time she comes around if LoD is better.

Fury is better if you ever need Nino to take a hit, like against Takumi or some distant counter unit. That's why I didn't give LaD to Linde (her +Def can barely survive some weaker Poison Daggers too, especially with Robin's Spur Def). If you have +Atk or otherwise can buff enough for ohkos on the relevant targets, Life and Death is better. For example if/when Linde gets Blarblade I might switch. 

Edited by XeKr

Just now, XeKr said:

Fury is better if you ever need Nino to ever take a hit, like against Takumi or some distant counter unit. That's why I didn't give LaD to Linde (her +Def can barely survive some weaker Poison Daggers too, especially with Robin's Spur Def). If you have +Atk or otherwise can buff enough for ohkos on the relevant targets, Life and Death is better. For example if/when Linde gets Blarblade I might switch. 

I run +spd -def, so I'm not sure if she can take hits anyway physically. Currently she already OHKO's Linde (ryoma + olivia gives a lot of attack power alone) and is about 3HP off of OHKOing Nowi. 

I think she can still eat a neutral Takumi but the second he's +atk or buffed by, say, Eirika she won't be able to take a hit from him anymore.