FE6 Tierlist 2017

2 hours ago, Magillanica Lou Mayvin said:

Raigh
[...]
For some reason he’s the only recruitable enemy without HM boosts.

Little nitpick here: Same goes for Hugh, Perceval (in his first appearance) and Douglas (well, he joins one chapter later, but he doesn't have HM bonuses in 16, either). I think it's because recruitable enemies are listed as exceptions, so they're supposed not to get the boosts. But for some reason, that list only gets checked at the very start of the chapter, and since most recruitable enemies spawn when the fight has already started...

That's the reason why Milady gets HM bonuses, too. She's technically created as an enemy unit some time into the chapter, even though she changes colour in the very same cutscene.

I'll add my scores later - I'm a little short on time right now.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh hey, I'm a be rating the current characters here:

Raigh:

7/10.

Raigh is the first dark mage you get. Honestly speaking, he's fine enough, doing his dark magic stuff as well as being able to heal once promoted, but otherwise, he's not as great as the others, in my experience. In fact, iirc, he had the least impressive stats among the units I had chosen for the final chapter.

Also, his potrait is like some horrible edited version of Lugh's.

Cath:

I like Cath, and I find her better than the other two thieves. 8/10.

While it's tedious to talk to her three times just to get her recruited, it's worth it, in my opinion. She starts off low leveled but she has had way better level ups than my other two thieves, and hence, she was the strongest and fastest compared to the others. 

I also like her appearance.

Miledy: 

9/10.

Miledy is awesome as most would say, and she also gets HM bonuses. Anyways, at first (in NM at least) she couldn't really handle herself well, and she started off with a Steel Lance (I usually find steel weapons to suck. Iron is better) so she was in danger of getting killed. However after a few level ups, she slowly became quite better. It also helps that most of her level ups were amazing, and she started off at a high level, so I was able to make her reach level 20 easily and then promoted her. She eventually capped her Strength and Luck, and remained one of my strongest units throughout the game. I really wanted her to be in the final chapter, but her luck was too low, so someone else had to take the duty of using Malte.

All in all, she is a really good unit, and of course, has a wyvern so she has high unit. She is a must use.

Cecilia:

7.5/10

She isn't really anything special, but Cecilia can still fulfill the role of being a staffbot and also can kill off enemies using Aircalibur. She's also on a mount, so that helps. But, in the end, Clarine was the better staffbot (although she is better at fighting than Clarine is, as Clarine has low mag, otherwise all her stats were mostly lower than Clarine's).

All in all, not too bad, and can be a perfectly usable staffbot.

Sophia:

4/10 

The problems surrounding Sophia is her late jointime, not even being a proper Est, and having really low bases. Plus, she comes in a chapter which is considered quite difficult, and she must remain alive in that chapter to access the gaiden chapter. Anyways, I tried using her, even promoted her, but in the end, Sophia was not really anything special. Her stats were not really impressive (except for Res), nor was her level ups as great as someone like Miledy's. She can still act as a staffbot once promoted, but otherwise, she's hard to train, and will most likely not be much of a fighter even after promotion. It's rather best not to use her unless someone wants to have a challenge.

by the way, can you still add scores for previous characters? If so, I'll later provide my scores for the previous characters as well as my opinion on them. 

Raigh - 2.5

He's basically a later joining Lilina with less utility. Nosferatu looks good on paper but he doesn't have the stats to actually pull off tanking with it, He doesn't double Wyverns even when promoted and can't use an effective weapon. Eclipse is only useful on 1 Map in the entire game that is better Warpskipped by Niime anyway. Apocalypse is difficult to get to and comes much later than Forblaze. Joining later also means he misses good training opportunities in the EXP rich Isles, and his higher base level means he doesn't level up particularly fast either. So whilst he's not quite total garbage (a promotion and a speedwing do make him perform average at least in combat), there are even less reasons to bother with him than characters who are already having to call on superfluous utility. If he had HM bonuses he'd be a lot better.

Cath - 2.5

The earliest point you can recruit her is basically the only map in the game where it was worth to deploy two thieves. I guess in a draft or other suboptimal team comp scenario she can still steal you some money and the Delphi Shield which is good enough utility to save her from being as irrelevant as Ogier.

Miledy - 10

Bulky flier with great combat and nice growths, GG. A unit who fufills pretty much every quota to be godlike. Her combat is amongst the best in the game even if you don't give her Speedwings and Instantpromote because she joins at a low enough level to easily soak a lot of EXP in her join map, where most of the enemies struggle to do more than 5 damage to her and she can oneshot most of them with the Horseslayer. Flight is useful in 13, 14, 14x, 15, pretty much all of Ilia, 18 and 20x for Sacae (she's probably the 10 mov flier bosskiller in 20x), 21 and 23. She can reach 3HKO status against Manaketes without any effort. Her high stats even make her a pretty decent bosskiller. The only things she doesn't do is take Magic or Ballista to the face that well, but the Delphi shield patches up the arrow weakness fine and Aircalibur is uncommon enough to not be a big deal. Technically one could argue her rescuing utility is lower than average for a flier given the female mounted unit formula and her higher con, but being able to carry Roy and Warpers is more than enough, since most of the time Miledy is the one running ahead to fight stuff rather than ferrying units across.

Cecilia - 7/10

Very solid utility unit with some combat niches and acceptable bulk. Unfortunately her staff rank is kinda just okay rather than particularly good, but her mounted status offers general utility and also means she doesn't really need to use Physic to always be healing at least. Being a free Hammerne user is helpful in scenarios where Saul doesn't have the flexability to Hammerne his own Warp too. Can realistically get to Forblaze without too much effort for lategame, which combined with the fact she needs less boots to reach the movement cap helps you distribute resources better for a stronger lategame team. These advantages help to cancel out the fact she joins a lot later than Clarine, who has been contributing for much longer. Overall I'd give her a tiny edge on Clarine but it's not by enough to get a .5 over, since one does have to acknowledge that Clarine was being helpful since her recruitment and can feasibly replicate the general C staff niches at least.

Sophia - 1/10

Can help grab desert items in her join map and also gets a guiding ring (although I'm not a big fan of factoring this in tiering...), but is nearly completely useless otherwise.

Edited by Irysa

Ray - Eventually becomes reasonably useable but has a very rough start.  2.5/10

Cath - Annoying to recruit and overshadowed. 0.5/10

Miledy - Great stats, flight, what more do you want.  9.5/10 for slightly late join time.

Cecilia - Useful staffbot on a horse, limited other use.  6/10.

Sophia - 0/10

Raigh   - 2.5
Cath    - 3
Milady  - 10
Cecilia - 6.5
Sophia  - 0.5

Raigh - he functions just fine with a Speedwing, but that's quite the investment to make since he still ends up somewhere below average. His skill base isn't that hot either, so paired with the rather low accuracy on dark tomes, he's not as reliable as the anima mages, so he just doesn't have any niche to fill.

Cath - Kinda superfluous, but she can theoretically do thieving duty just fine, especially since stealing itself isn't locked to speed. But she's strictly worse than Astore, so there's rarely a point in fielding her, thanks to buyable keys.

Milady - the closest to perfection you get in this game. Sure, she's not without weakness, but who if not her would get the 10/10 in this game?

Cecilia - great secondary healer until Niime shows up. 8 movement and Canto doesn't hurt, either.

Sophia - horribly shaky start with her bad everything, and if you actually manage to feed her enough kills to allow her to catch up to your team (which is especially enjoyable with her bad accuracy), she's still basically a worse magic user than even Raigh. Still, 0.5 points because I think Wendy is even more painful to raise.

Ray - His bases are kinda lame, but he has some promise with his growths. The problem is that Lugh and even Lilina are probably better than him by the time he appears and he doesn't really stand out in any way. 2/10

Cath - A pain to recruit and massively redundant, she's as bad as Chad except she comes half the game later where you can get chest keys. Her only saving grace is that she comes with the stuff she's stolen. 1/10

Miledy - Probably the best unit in the game when she promotes. She can fight and fly, which is a real boon. She's really thwompy, so she doesn't actually care too much about going to Sacae. However, she is absent for a good portion of the game, but I guess she sets the benchmark. 9.5/10 because she's ginger.

Cecilia - Basically a poorly trained Clarine. She can fight a little, and kinda functions as a mobile staffer. Worse than a well trained Clarine, and Saul's staffing outshines her but she's if anything passable filler and a back up staffer. 4/10

Sophia - Unlike Wendy, she has the potential to be passable, but the amount of effort it requires is incredible. She does at least come with her own promotion item, but every other mage outclasses her and her bases are so poor that training her is really not worth the investment. 1/10

15 hours ago, Flee Fleet! said:

This tierlist is based on the unit's usefulness and not on the personality.
Her joining time, base level and base stats speak against her.

Also sure, you can add your votes for the other characters.

Fa
Bases + Growths

Level 1 Mamkute
HP: 16 (130)
Magic: 2 (90)
Skill: 2 (85)
Speed: 3 (65)
Luck: 7 (150)
Defense: 2 (30)
Resistance: 6 (50)
A growth unit. She’s great in chapter 21 to take out the dracos but her usage and movement are limited.

Percival

Bases + Growths
Level 5 Paladin
HP: 51 (75)
Strength: 20 (30)
Skill: 16 (25)
Speed: 20 (35)
Luck: 15 (20)
Defense: 12 (20)
Resistance: 8 (10)
Terrific bases and awesome weapon levels. Without doubt Percy is one of the best prepromoted units in FE. He can use silver swords and lances and killer axes which makes him incredibly flexible. However he joins at a time you don’t need him anymore unless Marcus who’s needed to come through till chapter 7. Still a fantastic filler if you need one.

Igrene
Bases + Growths
Level 1 Sniper
HP: 32 (70)
Strength: 16 (35)
Skill: 18 (25)
Speed: 15 (35)
Luck: 9 (20)
Defense: 11 (10)
Resistance: 10 (5)
Better bases than Klein compared to him for being the same level but joins later with worse growths.Still a very decent sniper if you don’t have a bowuser yet.

Garrett
Bases + Growths
Level 1 Berserker
HP: 55 (70)
Strength: 21 (45)
Skill: 16 (25)
Speed: 11 (25)
Luck: 14 (15)
Defense: 9 (15)
Resistance: 4 (5)
Ok bases but bad growths. He’s ok against the dracos in chapter 21 but no endgame material due to his low speed and for being an axe user.

Hugh
Bases + Growths

Level 15 Mage
HP: 26 (75)
Magic: 13 (30)
Skill: 11 (30)
Speed: 12 (45)
Luck: 10 (25)
Defense: 9 (20)
Resistance: 9 (15)
Note: best possible bases
I fucking hate this guy. You’re forced to buy his stats. It’s an absolute of waste of money since his growthrates are pathetic (comparable to prepromotes; also 15% res – lol) and you have good sages with Lugh or Lilina already. Seriously I’d give him a zero but his member card saves his ass. Steal it from him and then kill him. There’s absolute no point to waste any effort and money in his recruitment.

I'm seriously considering to cut this because it's neither reasonable nor justified for a rating based on the unit's quality.
... But then I have to cut all the outliers like for Lilina and Wolt (poll votes) too.

Also seeing Sophia with an average >1 looks odd, since she's definitely not so much better than Barth. Normally Barth > Sophia anyways.

Edit: I'll do a second list where I cut out all the outliers to check if it comes closer to the other tierlist. And then I'll decide for which list I go for.

Edited by Magillanica Lou Mayvin

Fa- Great growths but her speed base is too crappy for her combat to be very good overall. Good against manaketes and can absorb status staves/Boltings because of how FE6 AI works so has some niche uses. Weapon has limited uses and Hammerne is better used on Warp staves. 4/10

Percival- Great bases, weapon ranks, and a horse to boot. Makes a good bosskiller. Not having flight can be a bit of a drag, particularly in Ilia. 8.5/10

Igrene- Her bases are pretty solid (should have better stats than Klein) and bows are pretty good in this game because of all the wyverns+ accurate 2 range counters. Nothing amazing, but good filler 5.5/10

Garrett- Well, he can do the same mountain tanking trick Gonzales can without taking a promotion item. He won't ever double things while Gonzo can though and being axelocked is generally bad. 3.5/10

Hugh- Can use Aircalibur after promotion and his bases are...passable I guess. A lot of gold for a filler unit though. 2.5/10

Fa - I honestly never have any use for her.  Low movement limited use manakete nuke.  2.5/10

Percival - Great stats and weapon ranks.  Useful for his whole existance.  8/10.

Igrene - Filler bow user.  I prefer Klein's better bow rank (and availability) to her slightly higher stats.  I forget what I rated Klein so hopefully 4.5/10 is slightly lower than what I gave him.

Garret - Can fight wyverns or pegasusknights pretty well.  Usefulness takes a huge nosedive in Sacae.  2.5/10

Hugh - Generally not worth the money.  I'll assume you get his best bases though.  He joins too late to be very useful though, he gets slaughtered in Sacae with his shaky speed and Ilia isn't too kind to him either.  Still barely useable if you really want to use him though.  1.5/10

Fa - She can kill stuff in the final chapter sometimes, otherwise she's not fantastically useful, kinda like having a general who can nuke dragons. Her weapon uses aren't a concern because her ability to expose herself to enemies sucks and she functions fine at base. 2/10

Percival - He's basically Alance combined, and even if he's not used regularly, his bases are good enough to take to endgame as filler. He's absent for half the game, but he really makes life easier for you. Other than Miledy or a staff user, I can't think of anyone who'd use a slot better than him. 8.5/10

Igrene - She's another Klein, and I guess she can potshot Wyverns. She doesn't really last in the long term, and is quickly overshadowed by all three nomads. I actually prefer Klein because being able use silvers is probably more valuable than any extra speed she has for her lifetime. Passable filler if you're hurting for bow users. 4/10

Garret - Oddly enough, he's pretty useless for the first few maps after you get him, he's not great in Sacae and even Ilia's shaky. However, he's a good candidate to put on mountains with a Killer to bait Wyverns, since they can't hit him even with his trashy speed. Probably worse than a promoted Gonzo/Geese but he requires no investment, no Hero Crest and it's super easy just to bench him after that chapter. 3/10

Hugh - He's kind of a middle ground between Lugh and Lilina, except his stats aren't the best even with the dosh you spend on him. He doesn't quite have Lilina's mega-chip and he misses out on doubling things Lugh could manage, nor does he have good staff utility. He's better than Sophia and maybe Ray, but he's low down for the Guiding Ring, and he doesn't have many levels to work with unpromoted. However, as bad as he is, he's kinda funny and not ginger. 2.5/10

Fae - 3.5

Tanking LRT whilst getting doubled is a pretty great niche but actually having her fight is often more trouble than it's worth.

Percival - 9

Autoinclude unit for basically any team.

Igrene - 6

Solid filler, struggles to get better than A Bows, but since she's not exactly a primary candidate for lategame Murgleis use that's not terribly important. Klein's availability lead and lategame possibilities make him slightly better in that context, but she effectively replaces him anyway if you didnt train him.

Garret - 3

Provides the same niche utility Gonzo or Geese do without costing anything, and can actually be rescued. He's also more accurate and bulkier than both of them.

Hugh - 2.5

Saved from total assbaddery by his class, but still a big waste of time and money.

Fae      - 3.5
Perceval - 9
Igrene   - 5.5
Garret   - 3.5
Hugh     - 2

Fae - can finish off bosses quite reliably with her great accuracy, kill dragons and waste enemy uses of long range magic. The latter is the only unique utility that she offers, though, since you have a selection of boss killers and dragon slayers when she joins, anyway. Still, she's not that hard to train up a bit since she gains XP super fast, and she's decent at worst at what she's supposed to do.

Perceval - far less dominant than Marcus was at the start of the game, of course, but still one of your two strongest units for a good chunk of the game.

Igrene - her stats are most likely higher than Klein's even if you used him, but less availability and no silver bows make me go with a slightly lower score for Igrene, anyway.

Garret - Quite resilient if he finds a peak to walk, otherwise a passable, but unimpressive filler unit.

Hugh - Comes too late to be useful. His stats (assuming full price) are pretty good for mage at his level, balancing out his weaker growths compared to Lugh and Lilina, but his join time is rather awkward (as Shin said, neither Sacae nor Ilia are particularly good places for him to be) and even in a full recruitment run, he even costs 5000 more gold to use to his full potential. He'd be a lot more reasonable if he joined promoted with his 20/1 stats (and maybe D or even C staves).

Marcus is way over rated. Poor growths and will drag your entire team down if you choose to waste your exp on him early game. Maybe if you have no skill I can see him being a 10/10, but early game is completely manageable with a decent amount of skill.

Chapter seven solution: throw Chad on a tree and he works as aggro that most everything swarms to, dodges just about everything, and keeps your allies alive.

Before that chapter just abuse the halberd you get in chapter three with lot.

No need for Marcus.

Douglas
Bases + Growths

Level 8 General
HP: 46 (60)
Magic: 19 (30)
Skill: 13 (30)
Speed: 8 (30)
Luck: 11 (20)
Defense: 20 (30)
Resistance: 5 (5)
Forced in the sidequest where he can’t do all that much with his bad movement and worst weapon types. Doesn’t even work as a wall too well because of his awful speed. Is also mage-breakfast.

Zeiss

Bases + Growths
Level 7 Draco Knight
HP: 37 (80)
Strength: 19 (60)
Skill: 13 (50)
Speed: 11 (35)
Luck: 9 (20)
Defense: 15 (25)
Resistance: 3 (5)
He has a terrific base strength for his level and much room to grow but he joins rather late. Nevertheless still a good unit for being a flier.

Niime
Bases + Growths
Level 18 Druid
HP: 25 (25)
Magic: 21 (15)
Skill: 20 (15)
Speed: 16 (15)
Luck: 15 (5)
Defense: 5 (15)
Resistance: 18 (20)
Is a papercut and has no room to grow but her base magic and stave rank make her a fantastic stave and apocalypse user. However worse in total than Saul due to her late joining time.

Dayan
Bases + Growths
Level 12 Nomad
HP: 43 (55)
Strength: 14 (20)
Skill: 16 (20)
Speed: 20 (15)
Luck: 12 (20)
Defense: 10 (10)
Resistance: 12 (10)
His bases look ok at first sight but he’s already level 12 and has awful growthrates. Nevertheless good enough to oneround all the wyvern knights and a few dragon lords in chapter 21 and 23.

Yuno
Bases + Growths
Level 9 Falcon Knight
HP: 33 (50)
Strength: 11 (20)
Skill: 14 (35)
Speed: 16 (30)
Luck: 14 (45)
Defense: 8 (10)
Resistance: 12 (10)
The worst pegaus knight in FE. Her base strength and defense make me sad. She only exists for the triangle attack.

Marcus is way over rated. Poor growths and will drag your entire team down if you choose to waste your exp on him early game. Maybe if you have no skill I can see him being a 10/10, but early game is completely manageable with a decent amount of skill.

His bad growths don't matter because his bases count, and only thanks to his bases you can beat FE6's HM earlygame. Beating chapter 7 without him is pretty much impossible.

Chapter seven solution: throw Chad on a tree and he works as aggro that most everything swarms to, dodges just about everything, and keeps your allies alive.

What!? Chapter 7 is absolutely painful for Chad because you don't fight axe users. All the dracos oneshot him. Also what tree are you talking about? Chad can dodgetank against the pirates in chapter 4, against the fighters in 5 and in 9. Chapter 7 is like the worst chapter for him, lol.

Edited by Magillanica Lou Mayvin

lol @ chad dodgetanking in chapter 7

Douglas - He's pretty impervious to physical damage but is hampered hard by huge con and low movement.  Good weapon ranks but has accuracy issues.  Can still be filler though, 2/10

Zeiss - has really funny base stats.  Needing to get three levels before he promotes hurts him a bit, and D Lances is pretty abysmal, but unlike Tate he actually doesn't mind all that much thanks to his huge strength.  Actually pretty great in Ilia, but he misses a lot of maps where flight is important.  5/10

Niime - more or less exclusive use of Apocalypse, one of the best S rank weapons because it increases warp range and hits like a truck.  She's okay at fighting but 16 speed usually doesn't cut it.  Her warping prowess is unrivaled, however.  7/10

Dayan - Solid filler that can take out a wyvern or move units around if needed, actually pretty useful.  Actually didn't know he had a triangle attack, the more you know.  3/10.

Yuno - totally useless as a combat unit, joins too late to be useful as a flier. 0/10

Douglas - 2/10

He should have had like 10 more skill, then he would have at least been just a poor choice rather than a bad one.

Zeiss - 6.5/10

Bit overrated beacuse he misses a bunch of good maps for flying in and he either neccessitates you spend extra money on a promotion item or don't promote one of either Shanna or Tate (who tend to actually have better combat than he does because they actually double). He also has garbage weaponranks and even after promotion fails to double a lot of the time. That being said, he still flies, and is in fact pretty adequate at chipping in with an Iron or Slim Lance without promoting, as well as not dying, and flight still has a bunch of useful maps left. With a speedwings and promotion he can become a pretty powerful unit too, enough to actually work as a team carry.

Niime - 8/10

Godly staffer due to huge mag and near exclusive access to Apocalypse for even more. Apocalypse oneshots Manaketes and can nearly oneshot many regular enemies. With a a few boosters that aren't heavily contested (Body Ring/Robe) she can become a formidable Nostank too, capable of carrying you through Wyvern hoardes and the like in a manner that rivals Percival (granted, she really appreciates some terrain coverage to help).

Dayan - 3/10

He has like 2 Chapters of being decent but that's it. If you take 21x really slowly and safely he might get to S bows for the endgame I guess but otherwise is just filler.

Yuno - 1.5/10

1 Chapter of being decent. Better than Wendy or Sophia at least.

2 hours ago, General Horace said:

Actually didn't know he had a triangle attack, the more you know

Thats beacuse he doesn't.

5 hours ago, Clarutger said:

Before that chapter just abuse the halberd you get in chapter three with lot.

No need for Marcus.

I like this guy. He should run the Tier List instead.

Sorry for being late. I can't think of a team to draft for Mons so I'll do some ratings instead!

Raigh is basically a 2 range chipping machine that can sometimes tank a hit with Nosferatu. His lower end Skill and Luck probably means he's a little inaccurate with the Dark tomes. Could be a combat unit I guess but it costs way too much. 2.5/10

Cath is basically Narga's waifu. Thief that's free for the chapter she's in at the least in either 12 or 16. Her durability is shockingly better than Chad's, but still worse than Asthol's unless she gets a level or two. Good luck with those stats. 2.5/10

Miledy, on the other hand, is the best unit in the game. The only nail you can constantly put on her is her availability, and she makes up for it by completely dominating the rest of the game straight from when she joins. The fact she can make Sacae almost a joke is hilarious as fuck. 10/10

Cecilia is the best IMO. She has the greatest style, the weirdest promotional thread for her, and great aesthetics. Don't ask about #2, it was a great meme though for what it's worth.

Wait, you wanted a real ranking? Shit.

Basically A Rank Tomes and C Rank Staves are pretty great. Aircalibur and Bolting is instantly free on her, and with training she could gun for Forblaze. C Staves means she can Hammerne for free. It's nice that she could potentially reach B Staves for Rescue since Rescue is really all she needs with Physic access. Mounted helps her a lot too. Personally I think Cecilia is hated by a lot of people for all the wrong reasons. She's definitely flawed, but she has a lot of great things going for her too. She's basically free to deploy from when she joins and isn't ever really deadweight. 7.5/10

Sophia gets you a Guiding Ring and that's about it. Basically in the grand scheme of things it's probably easier to train and get Sophia somewhere before Wendy. Realistically - don't bother. 0.5/10

Fae is kind of so-so utility. Basically she can put a heavy hit on a Wyvern or Dragon. 30 uses is super limited though so the chances of her being trained to be useful is... well... yeah. 3/10

Percival is really damn good. Great stats and weapon ranks. No real cost to deploying and makes a pretty big impact within his uses. Overall Percival may not fly, but he's so good that you're still going to use him. 9/10

Igrene comes with B Bows. That's not too bad since Killers and Brave Bow is sufficient and she has good combat stats otherwise. Probably will not reach S Bows, but her Bow utility is still very solid. 5.5/10

Garret can play on mountain peaks and kill some Wyverns. That's about the extent of his contributions to be honest. Being a little lighter actually does him some favors over Gonzales. 3/10

Hugh is basically a unit you pay to hit hard with Aircalibur. Even if you pay for cheap Hugh he can contribute in the joining chapter with Elfire against the Armor Knights. Nothing spectacular which makes it absurd with his high cost. 1.5/10

Douglas is a brick. A brick that once dondon gave Boots too and asked for a refund. He's durable at least and everything he hits he'll hit hard. Magic is nasty for him though and there are definitely only super niche moments to use Douglas. 1.5/10

Zeiss is hard. I think the biggest thing going for Zeiss is that he's a free flying unit that can be really good with minimal investment. Speedwings plus early promotion makes him very reliable throughout Ilia, and you can just keep him unpromoted for a while if you want to try to work his Lance rank. D Lances, meh Speed, and availability are the only drawbacks, but he's still very good and helps the team a lot. He's worthy of a 7/10 ranking, but I feel that he still needs a little work to get going still, so I think it's better to give him a 6.5/10. He might still be worth of a 7.0/10 with Speedwings and early promotion, though.

Niime is awesome. Just try to catch her Warp ranges and access to Apocalypse. She can Nosferatu tank with Angelic Robe or two and she just is a bad ass unit overall. 8/10.

Dayan more or less contributes with some meaty 2 range chip. Outside of that circumstance he's mostly used for Chapters 20 and 21 and maybe assisting in Chapter 23. 2/10

Yuno is really nice for giving one more flying unit for Chapter 21 - which is big because there's a lot of nasty traps within the chapter. She's still not bad to deploy in terms of being a ferrybot. 2/10, though I want to give Yuno a 7/10 after Horace gave her a 0 of all things with Wendy. I could at least name some small uses for Yuno over Wendy to give her like a 1 at least.

Edited by Colonel M

Douglas - 2
Zeiss   - 6
Niime   - 7.5
Dayan   - 3
Yuno    - 1.5

Douglas - Good physical bulk, but that's about it. I honestly never saw the point in using him, even as a filler unit, since other prepromotes are better than him anyway.

Zeiss - Can spawn with 20 Str at level 7 unpromoted, which is pretty hilarious. Still, he's reasonably powerful even with an Iron Lance and promoting will give him access to Killer Lances, so he's a very passable fighter with flyer utility on top of that basically until Brunya's level. I usually don't take him to the endgame because he won't be able to wield either Maltet or a Wyrmslayer, but that's just one chapter.

Niime - Amazing staff utility, and actually a better fighter than all of your promoted healers if you give her an Angelic Robe. Getting her to an S rank in dark magic is quite a bit of work, but even without the +5 magic, she's really good.

Dayan - Decent filler, although he does come a bit too late to really have an impact. Still, his weapon ranks are good and his offensive stats aren't terrible either, so he can make some contributions for two or three chapters.

Yuno - 8 tiles flight range, but might as well not have any combat stats at all.

9 hours ago, General Horace said:

lol @ chad dodgetanking in chapter 7

Douglas - He's pretty impervious to physical damage but is hampered hard by huge con and low movement.  Good weapon ranks but has accuracy issues.  Can still be filler though, 2/10

Zeiss - has really funny base stats.  Needing to get three levels before he promotes hurts him a bit, and D Lances is pretty abysmal, but unlike Tate he actually doesn't mind all that much thanks to his huge strength.  Actually pretty great in Ilia, but he misses a lot of maps where flight is important.  5/10

Niime - more or less exclusive use of Apocalypse, one of the best S rank weapons because it increases warp range and hits like a truck.  She's okay at fighting but 16 speed usually doesn't cut it.  Her warping prowess is unrivaled, however.  7/10

Dayan - Solid filler that can take out a wyvern or move units around if needed, actually pretty useful.  Actually didn't know he had a triangle attack, the more you know.  3/10.

Yuno - totally useless as a combat unit, joins too late to be useful as a flier. 0/10

Unless you're really unlucky or didn't level him to level 10 by chapter 7(that level by chapter seven is so easy), you'll survive. Especially if you used the goddess icon on him.

Edited by Clarutger

Does anyone benefit from the Goddess Icon in particular?  Only person who comes to mind is Rutger, as enemies sometimes have a low % chance of critting him.