Cipher Series 10: September 21st - Happy Release Day! Good luck on your pulls, everyone!

Kirie

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

So, I just had kind of a random thought. For the Heroes side of representation, we're obviously expecting Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, and Veronica. Probably Mysterious Man too, unless they haven't added more story by then and want to hold off until his name has been properly revealed. However, what about Kiran, the player's avatar?

While we don't really see Kiran speak or anything, or have a defined personality like Robin or Corrin, we do have at least some idea of their appearance thanks to the opening cutscene of Heroes. While they doesn't have a weapon that fits into the current affinities, they could potentially be a no-weapon unit with skills related to summoning new units. It'd kinda be a way to properly represent the gacha aspect of Heroes.

I dunno. They'll probably want to stick to the defined characters, but I thought it was kind of a cool idea that I wanted to throw out there.

On 16/4/2017 at 7:23 AM, CancerTurtle said:

So, I just had kind of a random thought. For the Heroes side of representation, we're obviously expecting Alfonse, Sharena, Anna, and Veronica. Probably Mysterious Man too, unless they haven't added more story by then and want to hold off until his name has been properly revealed. However, what about Kiran, the player's avatar?

While we don't really see Kiran speak or anything, or have a defined personality like Robin or Corrin, we do have at least some idea of their appearance thanks to the opening cutscene of Heroes. While they doesn't have a weapon that fits into the current affinities, they could potentially be a no-weapon unit with skills related to summoning new units. It'd kinda be a way to properly represent the gacha aspect of Heroes.

I dunno. They'll probably want to stick to the defined characters, but I thought it was kind of a cool idea that I wanted to throw out there.

I still wonder if the Cipher characters will be White/Black or how they will be.

I think they might go a color-less route and just allow them to be played into each faction.

It kinda goes with the theme of heroes from another world joining into that army(Ala Heroes, but the reverse.)

• 3 weeks later...

The heroes cards will most likely be 25 cards in total. If you count Alfonse (x3), Sharena (x3),  Anna (x3),  MG (x3), Veronica(x3), and perhaps Kiran (x2 male and x2 female) and lets not forget the cipher exclusive (yuzu emma and shade x2 each) it could reach the 25 card limit. Then again they could get creative and create 1 more cipher exclusive character by then or add the Owl from FE Heroes as a support card.

And in case you dont think they would add Kiran, they could replace it for 4 spring banner characters in their unique costumes (Lucina, Chrom, Xander and Camilla)

Edited by Gonzak

4 hours ago, Gonzak said:

The heroes cards will most likely be 25 cards in total. If you count Alfonse (x3), Sharena (x3),  Anna (x3),  MG (x3), Veronica(x3), and perhaps Kiran (x2 male and x2 female) and lets not forget the cipher exclusive (yuzu emma and shade x2 each) it could reach the 25 card limit. Then again they could get creative and create 1 more cipher exclusive character by then or add the Owl from FE Heroes as a support card.

And in case you dont think they would add Kiran, they could replace it for 4 spring banner characters in their unique costumes (Lucina, Chrom, Xander and Camilla)

There's four Cipher mascots, actually. You're missing Lando, who was introduced in Series 5. And I kinda doubt all four of them are going to get 2 cards each. Every set since Series 2 has had four mascot cards, I don't see why they'd suddenly jump to six or eight. Plus, the mascot cards are usually spread throughout the colours represented in the set, so I don't know why you lumped them all into Heroes.

7 minutes ago, CancerTurtle said:

There's four Cipher mascots, actually. You're missing Lando, who was introduced in Series 5. And I kinda doubt all four of them are going to get 2 cards each. Every set since Series 2 has had four mascot cards, I don't see why they'd suddenly jump to six or eight. Plus, the mascot cards are usually spread throughout the colours represented in the set, so I don't know why you lumped them all into Heroes.

You are right maybe the total of heroe cards will just be pretty small with 1 or 2 from the cipher exclusive characters added to it.

I'll edit the OP in a bit, but for now, Spring livestream images can be seen here.

S10 Highlights: Art for Nanna, Eyvel, Tanja, Asugi, Izana, and Sharena. Heroes cards revealed to be colourless/symbol-less. There will also be a Heroes Anna promo given out at Go! Go! Summer Tour!

I don't really follow Cipher too closely, but have any NPC units (not playable, not enemy) gotten cards before? Given August's importance in FE5 it'd be nice to see him get some new art, but if they've not done stuff like that before then I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

Edited by Irysa

Yes and no. Nyna did get a card, but it was more based off her NPC status from FE1, rather than her Bishop form in FE3. Greil also received one, but YMMV if you consider him an enemy unit or not. They're certainly widening their net on who gets cards, like with Gromell getting one in series 9, so I wouldn't abandon all hope yet. 

On 4/23/2017 at 1:41 AM, Myst said:

I think they might go a color-less route and just allow them to be played into each faction.

It kinda goes with the theme of heroes from another world joining into that army(Ala Heroes, but the reverse.)

Can I just say:

Called it.

5 hours ago, Irysa said:

I don't really follow Cipher too closely, but have any NPC units (not playable, not enemy) gotten cards before? Given August's importance in FE5 it'd be nice to see him get some new art, but if they've not done stuff like that before then I probably shouldn't get my hopes up.

There have been a several times when NPCs have gotten cards, yes, but usually villains. Some other non-villainous NPCs I can recall are Mahnya/Annand from FE4, Tiki from TMS#FE, and also Mikoto, Arete, Lilith, and Sumeragi from Fates (though some of the latter could technically count as villains in some way, I guess?).

• 1 month later...

The Go! Go! Summer Tour! event will be giving away some Marker Cards, including this one with previously-unrevealed artwork of Alfonse from Heroes. This art will likely be used for a booster card or promo in this set.

XpMUK1F.png

The S10 title was officially revealed to be "Crossroads" during today's livestream! We also got a bunch more artwork, which you can check out below.

Spoiler

h0L05qI.png
Leif

ziqqSk1.png
Finn

DsWAK8r.png
Orson

wq4Qq9m.png
Shigure and Azura

9SorQAh.png
Joined art of Velour and Selkie

dtwl5cw.png
Alfonse

Edited by Kirie

• 2 weeks later...

I've been so focused on the S9 release that I forgot to share some new stuff for S10!

Cardland Cipher has shared the official ad images for S10. They feature sample cards (no text, dubious border info) for Leif, Shigure, Eyvel, Alfonse, Sharena, M!Kanna, F!Kanna, and Nanna.

AmiAmi has also opened pre-orders for S10 booster boxes, which you can check out here. Once again, there appears to be no associated ST Deck.

Curious as to how those Colorless Heroes Units will work with Face-Down Bonds, which we've all just called Colorless since forever - will you still be able to Deploy Heroes Units with no Face-Up Bonds? If so, this'll be interesting to see unfold...

On 6/26/2017 at 4:30 PM, SoulWeaver said:

Curious as to how those Colorless Heroes Units will work with Face-Down Bonds, which we've all just called Colorless since forever - will you still be able to Deploy Heroes Units with no Face-Up Bonds? If so, this'll be interesting to see unfold...

No face-up Bond necessary, so they're theoretically the ultimate splash.

However! If you bond them, they provide no Insignia themselves, so you're kinda fucked. I'd say think of it like, Iunno, Neutral cards from Shadowverse?

Some cute artwork of F!Corrin as a Witch was shown off at Go! Go! Summer Tour! this weekend! This art is going to be used for one of the S10 tournie promo cards.

shaxqgw6dh8z.jpg

The artwork is cute and I've come to accept that male Corrin probably won't get anything similar, but something about this is truly unacceptable: why isn't she barefoot? She should at least be wearing toeless stockings. Maybe it's a side effect of selling her soul to Duma.

Edited by Lightchao42

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting reveals so far. Now, I'm curious as to what the various SRs from each series will be, since there are quite some options to both infer and consider.

For Heirs of Fate, I think the Kanas are guaranteed SR status, and the same would apply to Shigure given that he's the real protagonist of the story. If I'm not mistaken, that would leave three more spots for HoF SRs: two more females and one more male. Now, I know all of the princes are fairly popular, but I'm thinking Forrest and Siegbert stand the best chance at becoming SR. As for females, Nina and Soleil are popular among that side of the cast. These choices are heavily biased in favor of Nohr, but we need two more Nohrian cards and one more Hoshidan. As such, it's possible for someone like Shiro to be the last male SR, while Nina and Soleil occupy the remaining female SR slots.

Heroes might just give us the Askr trio as SRs, but Bruno and Veronica themselves stand a decent enough chance. Watch Alfonse be dropped in favor of one of the Embla siblings.

Not really sure about Thracia, since I'm not that well-versed in Jugdral's lore and characters quite yet.

I would put it 50 Thracia 776, 25 Heroes, 25 fates (so fates and heroes only get 3 SRs, and Thracia gets 6).  Lief, Finn and Nanna are practically guaranteed SRs (Leif will be SR and R given the secret card), for heroes, the 2 main lords and Anna (Anna may be dropped for Veronica, but I doubt it) , so probably R's for Bruno and Veronica and 'Loki' (if Loki even gets a card given no one knows what 'he' looks like).  For Fates it should be the actual heirs to the kingdoms as the SR's, and not the Kana's, but given the artwork for the packs.......  The other 3 Thracian ones could go to a lot of people, so hard to tell.

item_B10.png

Edited by Aquantis