Cipher Series 10: September 21st - Happy Release Day! Good luck on your pulls, everyone!

Kirie

A few more interesting tidbits were revealed while I was gone that don't seem to have been shared yet here, so here they are. :)

First up, more new artwork shown at one of the Summer Tour locations, this time featuring Mareeta from Thracia.

O6rleZN.jpg

Kizuna has also shared the S10 sleeve designs, and it includes some interesting choices:

GHu8Ayr.jpg

I'm rather surprised that neither Kana nor Leif made the sleeve cut, but I love the Nanna and Corrin art both, so I'll likely nab those sleeves.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does Shareena have a shield in her art? My feelings tell me no.

I'd still have her as a 5-star character over Alphonse, any day.

55 minutes ago, ScarletFlame said:

Does Shareena have a shield in her art? My feelings tell me no.

Not in her standing art, but her attacking/special art has a shield, as does her map sprite.

44 minutes ago, Kirie said:

Not in her standing art, but her attacking/special art has a shield, as does her map sprite.

Yeah, that's why I'm confused, because I've seen the normal art more often than all of those, combined.

Edited by ScarletFlame

9 hours ago, Aquantis said:

I'm disappointed that F!Corrin beat out Leif for a sleeve.  Much as I like that artwork, it really should have been Leif.

What if you look at it from the other point of view - like Nanna beating Leif for a sleeve or Alfonse / Sharena beating out Leif for a sleeve. Not that it matters too much: But maybe they noticed one would sell more than the other.... I guess.

17 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:

What if you look at it from the other point of view - like Nanna beating Leif for a sleeve or Alfonse / Sharena beating out Leif for a sleeve. Not that it matters too much: But maybe they noticed one would sell more than the other.... I guess.

I think they just wanted to give Leif the shaft (like always). Not having the lord as a sleeve baffles me (and in Leif's case, infuriates me).

Is this an indication that Thracia may not get 50% of the card billing?

9 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

I think they just wanted to give Leif the shaft (like always). Not having the lord as a sleeve baffles me (and in Leif's case, infuriates me).

wow who is dis new guy why does he look so bland

i like ''''''''''''cute'''''''''''' girls and badly-dressed titty monsters

t. Average Heroes player, the new Fire Emblem fan

Edited by ScarletFlame

17 minutes ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

Is this an indication that Thracia may not get 50% of the card billing?

I'm not sure why Thracia wouldn't get 50 cards, because otherwise what else would this series consist of? It's most likely just because Heroes is "fresh and new" and as such would get more attention than the other games, even though Heroes getting more than 15 cards would be excessive if it just features the original characters.

Series 9 had three Valentia sleeves (Alm, Celica, Faye) and one for Elibe (Jemmie) and that didn't reflect the card distribution, so this shouldn't mean anything.

Just now, Lightchao42 said:

I'm not sure why Thracia wouldn't get 50 cards, because otherwise what else would this series consist of? It's most likely just because Heroes is "fresh and new" and as such would get more attention than the other games, even though Heroes getting more than 15 cards would be excessive if it just features the original characters.

Series 9 had three Valentia sleeves (Alm, Celica, Faye) and one for Elibe (Jemmie) and that didn't reflect the card distribution, so this shouldn't mean anything.

That's reassuring; I'm just really salty about there not being any Leif sleeves, because I was really hoping for some.

It may end up costing them a box order, because I was on the fence about getting boxes this time around, and having Leif sleeves would have pushed me over the edge.

But as @ScarletFlame alluded to, the loss of my one sale isn't gonna matter if everyone goes gaga nuts over halloween corrin (or shareena & alphonse for some reason).

2 hours ago, ChibiToastExplosion said:

(or shareena & alphonse for some reason).

I'm sure there are people that like Alfonse, or people that are into getting friendzoned. :^)

The one thing that kind of points towards Thracia maybe not getting a full 10 is the ad image. Previously, the ad image has shown cards based on the ratio of how many of that colour will appear in the set (eg.; S9 ad showed 4 red, 2 purple, and 2 green cards). The S10 add shows 3 cards for Thracia (yellow), 3 f or Fates (white/black), and 2 Heroes (colourless), which may imply something closer to an even split between the three.

However, this is certainly not set in stone, and I'm still in the camp that believes Thracia should get 50 cards, and hopes that it does. Hell, I started playing the game recently just so I could enjoy the non-FE4 characters from the set. :P

Shower Thought: For completely meta reasons, I really hope Anna ends up being the most expensive SR of this set. I think she'd really appreciate that.

• 2 weeks later...

Along with the Eirika illustration in the GO! GO! Special Dialogue 4 more set 10 cards were revealed. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170810-145814.thumb.jpg.ded2785b1a53ea3df3babd770e613c8c.jpg

And

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170810-145844.thumb.jpg.7658c41ec98b55d1408d4268a24ebe22.jpg

Also... A thing I noticed at the bottom of the page. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170810-150241.thumb.jpg.ba8c2ce982ed62db949bb4fd3b9c7715.jpg

Spoiler

Screenshot_20170810-150301.thumb.jpg.546bd152002049b7aa271b32768713d2.jpg

^ Who the heck are these two? New OCs? Did they ever appear before? (Sorry if I uploaded too many pictures on my post. I was curious.)

It's impossible to know at this point if they're actually new characters or not, but I believe it's very likely that they are. The context of their appearance is that they're behind the scenes, away from the other four, and appear to be scheming some kind of plot involving the next livestream because they ask and humor themselves about when it will air. From this brief discourse and the way they're being introduced, I believe it could be possible that they are to serve as antagonists to contrast the other characters, though this is just my interpretation. In any case, we likely won't learn anymore until the livestream on the 19th at the earliest, if not later whenever the next column update is to be published.

1 hour ago, Kirie said:

Daily Twitter reveals start today! First up is cost 1 Leif:

ORGr8HW.png

Let the hype begin! :D

I love this card - it's likely gonna have a marker as well, I'm thinking? Can't wait to see what else Thracia has in store, but I'm still nervous it's not a full 50.

Orsin looks like he was drawn by Meka. He has a similar face to Cain and Ike from Heroes.

Leif looks nice. Though... well, in a bunch of his early art (like the original TCG), he sometimes had short sleeves and I would kind of preferred it if they went with that over the longer sleeves. But that's a minor thing. He's still my favorite Lord.

Lookin' forward to seeing the rest!

Edited by Pete-of-the-Forge

Today's reveal is a dual reveal of the cost 1 versions of both Kannas! Most excitingly, they're placed after 50 which strongly implies that Thracia will indeed get a full 50 cards.

bbD4Hz4.png

1 hour ago, Kirie said:

Today's reveal is a dual reveal of the cost 1 versions of both Kannas! Most excitingly, they're placed after 50 which strongly implies that Thracia will indeed get a full 50 cards.

That's a relief!

#'s also suggest what two of the SR's for the set are gonna be, which is not surprising.

Disappointing, but yeah, it was basically confirmed that we'd get SRs of both Kannas as soon as they were revealed on the pack art.

Any I pull are already up for trade, FYI. :UU

If anything Thracia should've gotten 64 cards, to celebrate it's release on the SNES three years after the release of the Nintendo 64. This is a joke by the way, 50 cards are fine

And it's spelled "Kana", even the wiki got it right.

Edited by Lightchao42