Cipher Series 10: September 21st - Happy Release Day! Good luck on your pulls, everyone!

Kirie

Kind of a random thought, but maybe we'll end up getting another random monster card in this set. I mean, Set 8 features cards for generic Risen, Set 9 had a Necrodragon, and Set 11's getting a Bael. With Fates being a part of the set, there's always the potential for a generic Faceless or Stoneborn to get a card or something.

...Although I suppose their weapons don't really fit into the weapon affinities in Cipher, so maybe not.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a decent orb opener, I guess? But "all units cannot be moved by skills" kinda blows for everyone. But mostly you, as you cannot pull. What is this guy's niche? At least he's not (S)R.

A few new cards today! First off is the daily reveal, which is an R card for Asugi:

JU6PRv1.png

Kizuna has also shared some images on his blog of some of the S10 posters that have started popping up in Japan. One of the posters features tiny images of new cards for Asugi (not the one above, an unpromoted one) and Karin. Another poster series also includes new cards for Nina, Caeldori, and Tanya. You can check out the album of images here:

Our first reveal of the week is our second Thracian SR: Misha! I haven't played far enough in the game to get her yet, but I will never say no to another green-haired Pegasus Knight. <3

7NwItrR.png

On 4/9/2017 at 4:02 AM, Kirie said:

Our first reveal of the week is our second Thracian SR: Misha! I haven't played far enough in the game to get her yet, but I will never say no to another green-haired Pegasus Knight. <3

7NwItrR.png

Misha is such a weird choice for a SR Card... They want a flier with a SR? Karin would be a option too... I wonder how popular these two are in Japan.

10 hours ago, Kirie said:

Today's reveal is a double, joined-art R cards of Velouria and Selkie!

UoX8HZf.png

This is really cute :D

5 hours ago, Troykv said:

Misha is such a weird choice for a SR Card... They want a flier with a SR? Karin would be a option too... I wonder how popular these two are in Japan.

Do you even get Misha in the Lunar path? I only went straight to Leonster in the split, so I don't know path share some units. I know you get Sara on both route.
Still, I wonder if there's a meme along with Misha or something.

31 minutes ago, SalShich10N said:

Do you even get Misha in the Lunar path? I only went straight to Leonster in the split, so I don't know path share some units. I know you get Sara on both route.
Still, I wonder if there's a meme along with Misha or something.

Yeah, I think Sara is the only unit shared in both units.

Personally I prefer the route where appears Misha (I like the maps more), but I'm still surprised she appears.

Fun fact: Misha can only be recruited if somehow you're able to capture her (You need to use the Sleep Staff or the Sleep Sword)

1 hour ago, Troykv said:

Yeah, I think Sara is the only unit shared in both units.

Personally I prefer the route where appears Misha (I like the maps more), but I'm still surprised she appears.

Fun fact: Misha can only be recruited if somehow you're able to capture her (You need to use the Sleep Staff or the Sleep Sword)

Yeah, I did recruit her, took many tries. It was a total bitch because of her suicidal tendencies and having to deal with the hoard of dark mages plus a siege tome overlapping her squadron. IIRC it was also the map where Cyas appeared there doing his Cyas things like boosting everyone's hit rates and sleeping you. She wasn't even that much better than Karin, either rather she feels like "here you go, in case you accidentally your Karin".

Pretty hellish map, tons of fun.

I guess I'll have this recruitment to maybe look forward to when my friend and I get that far in Thracia. :P

For now, it's time for another Thracian reveal for Asvel!

UxMjV5t.png

I am bit confused regarding the Alfonse SR card ruling. For starters can you deploy units with its effect even though you dont have any card in the bond area with the same color? If that is the case then i can imagine someone just putting a bunch of 4-6 deployment cost units from as many colors as posible (Caineghis deployed turn 1 anyone?). Also what would happen if the unit in your orb area you revealed has already a version of that card in the field, will the deployment fail?, if so when exactly?, do you still lose the bond you flipped?, can you still use the effect to recieve a bond from the top of the deck?.

4 hours ago, Gonzak said:

I am bit confused regarding the Alfonse SR card ruling. For starters can you deploy units with its effect even though you dont have any card in the bond area with the same color? If that is the case then i can imagine someone just putting a bunch of 4-6 deployment cost units from as many colors as posible (Caineghis deployed turn 1 anyone?). Also what would happen if the unit in your orb area you revealed has already a version of that card in the field, will the deployment fail?, if so when exactly?, do you still lose the bond you flipped?, can you still use the effect to recieve a bond from the top of the deck?.

Well first of all, no rulings have even come out about it, so there shouldn't be anything to be confused about in the first place.
Female Corrin (White Cost 4) works the same way, you don't need a Black bond to deploy a Black ally with her skill (none of the deploy skills work like this, there shouldn't be a reason to question it now).
Also Alfonse SR shouldn't show up til at least turn 3, and therefore it would be a Caineghis on turn 3... if you're lucky.
Obviously you can't deploy something you already have, so it would just outright fail. You had to pay a bond to reveal for the skill, so it would just end up making you look at an orb and doing nothing with it.
The Orb from the top of the deck only applies if you deployed the Orb with the same skill.

1 hour ago, TheVinceKnight said:

Well first of all, no rulings have even come out about it, so there shouldn't be anything to be confused about in the first place.
Female Corrin (White Cost 4) works the same way, you don't need a Black bond to deploy a Black ally with her skill (none of the deploy skills work like this, there shouldn't be a reason to question it now).
Also Alfonse SR shouldn't show up til at least turn 3, and therefore it would be a Caineghis on turn 3... if you're lucky.
Obviously you can't deploy something you already have, so it would just outright fail. You had to pay a bond to reveal for the skill, so it would just end up making you look at an orb and doing nothing with it.
The Orb from the top of the deck only applies if you deployed the Orb with the same skill.

i see that makes sense, thanks for the explanation :D

1 hour ago, Kirie said:

Gorgeous SR for Olwen by Fuzichoco is my favourite card of the set so far! <3

fNOUqos.png

That is one good looking lad- I mean card! Especially with how the lightning is tearing up the castle in the background.

I forgot to post about this here earlier, but the S10 site was also updated yesterday! It includes a few interesting tidbits that have yet to be revealed:

Preview promo cards will be of Eirika and Ephraim:
s10-preview-promos.png

We're getting more anniversary reprints, and this time around, they'll be of the Felicia and Flora promos from last summer's Cipher Caravan:
s10-reprint-promos.png

The promo sleeve packs will have either the box art for Thracia or the main promotional art of Heroes:
s10-promo-sleeves.png

They also included a small shot of some cards, though most of them are old. The only one that kinda, sorta counts as new is the Azura, since we've only seen her R+ art so far as this is her regular R:
s10-cards-small.png

Today's reveal is an HN and signed R+ card for Sharena from Heroes!

Interestingly enough, she doesn't get an SR like her brother. With Heroes getting a small amount of cards, they may only get 2 SRs, and I'm guessing Veronica will pick up the last one. Anna's also possible, though I'd think Sharena would be a higher priority pick than Anna.

4VutlfO.png

I decided to try and put together a set list for fun. Some of my positions may be off, especially for Thracia since I haven't gotten very far yet (just recruited Olwen) and so I'm kind of guessing on a lot of the positions and such. Feedback, questions, and suggestions welcome!

Based on the positioning of some of the Fates cards, I'm guessing the last two Fates SRs will go to Shiro and Siegbert and that they'll be positioned in the set between the Kanas and Shigure.

Spoiler

1 Leif SR
2 Leif R
3 Leif HN
4 (Nanna SR)
5 (Nanna HN)
6 (Nanna N)
7 Finn SR
8 (Finn N/HN?)
9 Eyvel R
10 (Eyvel N/HN?)
11~27 17 cards for: Orsin, Tanya, Halvan, Fergus, Karin, Lifis, Safi, Lara, more?
27 Asbel R
28 (Asbel N)
29 Shiva R
30 Shiva N
31 Olwen SR
32 (Olwen N/HN?)
33 Mareeta R
34 (Mareeta HN?)
35 (Mareeta N?)
36~41 6 cards for: Deen, Sara maybe more?
42 Misha SR
43 (Misha N/HN?)
44~45 2 cards for Diarmuid?
46 Seti R
47 Seti N
48~49 Villain(s)?
50 Valjean
51 M!Kana SR
52 M!Kana N
53 F!Kana SR
54 F!Kana N
55 (Shiro SR?)
56 Shiro N/HN
57 (Siegbert SR?)
58 Siegbert N/HN
59 Shigure R
60 Shigure N/HN
61 Azura R
62 (Azura N/HN?)
63 Kiragi HN
64 Selkie R
65 Selkie N
66 Asugi R
67 Asugi N/HN
68~74 Caeldori, Izana x2, other Hoshido kids?
75 Forrest HN
76~79 Nina, another Nohr kid?
80 Soleil HN
81 (Soleil N?)
82 Velouria R
83 Velouria N
84 Hans N
85 (Iago?)
86 Alice
87 Alfonse SR
88 Alfonse HN
89 Alfonse N