Fire Emblem Fates Tier List

KadenTheKitsune

Hi guys!

Do you think that there are some characters stronger than others in Fire Emblem Fates by a landslide?

I am trying to come up with a Fire Emblem Fates: Tier List. You can choose any character and give it a tier (S+, S, A+, A, A-, B+, B, B-, C+, C, or C-), and explain why you gave it that Tier.

I will post a final Tier List based on your opinions soon.

(Tier List is based on max level stats, skills, class/class change, strengths, weaknesses, etc.)

Edited by KadenTheKitsune

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh god this topic again. Wannabet how many posts we get before the first blatant wrongpost?

On topic. You should probably set some context. Any context at all.

My Waifu S+++, Nerds S-C, Your Waifu D---

Edited by joshcja

23 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Oh god this topic again. Wannabet how many posts we get before the first blatant wrongpost?

What do you mean? What else should I include to make myself more clear? I said what the tier list is based on. If you don't want to help, fine. You don't have to be rude about it.

I could make a pretty reasonable one in like, 10 seconds (top -> bottom = best -> worst) - 

Ryoma Tier: Ryoma

A bit above everyone else tier: other Royals

Everyone else tier: everyone else

Gunter Tier: Gunter

Edited by 11volt
improved clarity

4 minutes ago, 11volt said:

I could make a pretty reasonable one in like, 10 seconds - 

What do you mean by "Ryoma Tier"? Would you rate him an S+?
And by "Gunter Tier" are you referring to Gunter as low tier?

Just now, KadenTheKitsune said:

What do you mean by "Ryoma Tier"? Would you rate him an S+?
And by "Gunter Tier" are you referring to Gunter as low tier?

Should have made it clear, but they are ordered from best to worst from top of the list to the bottom.

You are thus right in your presumptions.

4 minutes ago, 11volt said:

Should have made it clear, but they are ordered from best to worst from top of the list to the bottom.

You are thus right in your presumptions.

I have to agree. Ryoma is one of the strongest characters in Fates.
Gunter isn't the best. He can take a few hits but doesn't have a lot of Strength.

How would you rate the Royal characters?

I think a lot of this depends on the path in question, especially since a lot of characters in Revelation are made far, far harder to use with poor join times and low levels. Are we going to ignore Revelation and focus on Birthright and Conquest, or...?

44 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Uh, dude... No offense, but can you tone down the astounding arrogance? You're not always right about things, you know...

Edited by Extrasolar

Just now, KadenTheKitsune said:

I have to agree. Ryoma is one of the strongest characters in Fates.
Gunter isn't the best. He can take a few hits but doesn't have a lot of Strength.

How would you rate the Royal characters?

I think I'd rate them as Ryoma>Camilla>Takumi>Xander>Elise>Hinoka>Leo>Sakura

Don't take this too seriously though this is mostly from personal experience. 

Well then. Rating on the listed criteria...

S rank. Einherjar with good personals

A rank: Einherjar with neutral personals

B rank: Corin, Azura

C rank: Units that actually exist in a playthrough. (Almost none of these will ever hit level cap or green stats in anything relevant.)

Caps are pointless at the level cap of "no level cap exists" because no stat caps exists, class sets are always perfect in a void, and skill access is always perfect.

Edited by joshcja

10 minutes ago, Extrasolar said:

I think a lot of this depends on the path in question, especially since a lot of characters in Revelation are made far, far harder to use with poor join times and low levels. Are we going to ignore Revelation and focus on Birthright and Conquest, or...?

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I think that it should be based on the individual sides, so Birthright and Conquest. So maybe I will make a separate tier list for Birthright and Conquest.

9 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Well then. Rating on green stats.

S rank. Einherjar with good personals

A rank: Einherjar with neutral personals

B rank: Corin

C rank: Units that actually exist.

I'm not doing Einherjar, and I think that you know that. This won't include Corrin because they are too customizable.

2 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

Sorry, I forgot to mention that. I think that it should be based on the individual sides, so Birthright and Conquest. So maybe I will make a separate tier list for Birthright and Conquest.

Ah, okay. And to be clear, are we going purely off of base stats/base class, and ignoring any reclassing?

7 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

I'm not doing Einherjar, and I think that you know that. This won't include Corrin because they are too customizable.

I had no way of knowing this. The OP heavily slants to grinding and MC abuse by the nature of "things you're rating"

Edited by joshcja

2 minutes ago, joshcja said:

I had no way of knowing this.

Yea, but if I wanted to include them, I would have made it clear. You were just trying to get me mad, you knew what I was asking for.

Edit: Oops, should have edited this into recent post.

1 hour ago, KadenTheKitsune said:
7 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

Yea, but if I wanted to include them, I would have made it clear. You were just trying to get me mad, you knew what I was asking for.

(Tier List is based on max level stats, skills, class/class change, strengths, weaknesses, etc.)

Yes, you asked for einherjar.

Tobe precise you asked for an objective ranking of units in an absolute vacuum based off the listed criteria.

Same thing. It's an honest answer. If you want an answer more inline with your arbitrary qualifications I suggest you make those qualifications clear.

Edited by joshcja

6 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Yes, you asked for einherjar.

Or just super strong units with no drawbacks in an absolute vacuum.

Same thing.

I said any character, meaning the original character, not a special copy of a character you have to purchase and can only use for one battle. That's like saying "Choose your favorite flavor of cake" and someone saying "Cake flavored ice cream." It's different from the actual topic, and not  what I'm asking for.

Just to make it clear, NO EINHERJAR! Now you know.

If I wanted einherjar, I would have asked.

It's been a while since I later Fates so forgive me if any of this is wrong.

Ryoma is capable of pretty much destroying every map in Birthright with a good pair up he's pretty much god tier. He joins near the middle of Birthright as a prepromote and can carry the team the rest of the way. His personal weapon boosts his attack and gives range in a game that places a lot of restrictions on those. And his personal skill is designed to let him lead the charge in terms of levels. He's easily the best unit in Birthright. Only downside I can think of is that he needs to dodge hits or he will go down. But his high avoid basically makes that up to luck.

On the conquest side you have Ophelia who you can get even earlier than Ryoma and can become a beast with the right mother (Elise or NYC), also gets a personal tome and an awesome skill boosting her crit rate. She's fragile but with the right skills she, like Ryoma can become unstoppable. She just needs more investment (either support grinding in DLC or in chapters) to get to God tier.

Only truly awful units I can think of right now are Setsuna and Nyx. Setsuna joins just before Takumi who is better in pretty much every aspect. The extra 50% of healing from her personal is nice but that's it. NYX has great magic growth, but with shaky skill and speed she just needs to much investment to be viable in most situations. Especially when Ophelia exists.

5 minutes ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

I said any character, meaning the original character, not a special copy of a character you have to purchase and can only use for one battle. That's like saying "Choose your favorite flavor of cake" and someone saying "Cake flavored ice cream." It's different from the actual topic, and not  what I'm asking for.

Please, my answer was clearly ice cream cake.

2 minutes ago, joshcja said:

Please, my answer was clearly ice cream cake.

Oh my God. Are you just going to find something to point out just to get me mad or are you actually going to help like other people did?

Edit: Sorry @Bandit I didn't see your post. I agree with you. Ryoma is beast in Birthright. Setsuna is okay, but Takumi is much better. I wish they made her a stronger character. As for Nyx, you get her 1 chapter after Odin in Conquest, and at first she seems like the better out of the two, but she is pretty bad. She has okay Magic, but horrible other stats, and she barely gets anything through her level ups.

1 hour ago, 11volt said:

I could make a pretty reasonable one in like, 10 seconds (top -> bottom = best -> worst) - 

This, although some royals are better than others, royals are better than standard characters.  Really though, all you need is Ryoma or Xander/Camilla.

1 hour ago, joshcja said:

I thought this was pretty funny...

1 minute ago, KadenTheKitsune said:

@Eselred You thought it was funny because it wasn't directed toward you. He also didn't help me with my tier list at all.

Sure he did.  What else is there to say?  Tiers list aren't objective because they contain all sorts of personal bias.  The royals are generally better than other characters, but even then you can just Ryoma Stomp everything.  So why bother arbitrarily rating the leftovers who just sit and cheer Ryoma on?

I must say that Corrin is a huge disappointment.  After getting used to Lunatic soloing with Robin, we then get...Corrin.  Blah.

5 minutes ago, Eselred said:

Sure he did.  What else is there to say?  Tiers list aren't objective because they contain all sorts of personal bias.  The royals are generally better than other characters, but even then you can just Ryoma Stomp everything.  So why bother arbitrarily rating the leftovers who just sit and cheer Ryoma on?

Well, the royals aren't the only characters in the game (even though it seems like they are sometimes). And even then, some characters are much better than the royals. I was hoping to discuss this, but instead, I mostly got comments about Einherjar and ice cream cake from @joshcja. And it IS possible to form a tier list without bias. You just need to focus on the facts.

8 minutes ago, Eselred said:

I must say that Corrin is a huge disappointment.  After getting used to Lunatic soloing with Robin, we then get...Corrin.  Blah.

Corrin isn't completely OP like Robin but s/he's still pretty damn good. Fates is just harder to solo than Awakening was, but for my money that's a good thing.