About Deck and Strategy

Calyurso

Hey Guys !
I create this topic because I think I need advice about my deck, and the old topic is dead since 1 years..
So let's exchange about our respective decks ?

I'm creating my Green Deck, With Sanaki as Lord.
He is not done, but in construction, and if there is something bad you see about it, tell me before i spend all my money in a useless card ahah!

Composition :

Lord : Sanaki (My lord can't attack as long as she is unpromoted.. it's a bit complicated in the beginning of the game...)

3x Edward, Back-Alley Sword
2x Edward, Cheerful Swordsman
2x Elincia, Esteemed Queen
2x Elincia, Lone Heiress
3x Geoffrey, Eternally Loyal Spear
3x Geoffrey, Queen's Knight
2x Haar, Black Gale
3x Haar, Black Wyvern Rider
2x Ike, Brave Crimean General
1x Ike, Crimean Knight
2x Ike, General of the Divine Blade
2x Ike, Radiant Hero
3x Ike, Rookie of the Mercenaries
2x Mia, Aspiring Lady of Blades
3x Mia, Unrivaled Swordswoman
2x Mist, Doting Sister
1x Mist, Healing Battle Princess
3x Mist, Purehearted Valkyrie
2x Nephenee, Patriotic Rebel Fither
3x Nephenee, Quiet Soldier
2x Nephenee, Swift Lance of Liberation
1x Nephenee, The strongest Countrygirl
1x Sanaki, Apostle of Begnion (LORD)
2x Sanaki, Child Emperor
4x Sanaki, Empress of Begnion

Deck : 58 Cards
The goal is to use the skill of Sanaki to promote card easily. Mist/Elincia's skills allow me to add in my hand a card in the retreat/deploy a unit in my deck.
Nephenee and Ike are the strongest unit I think, and will benefit from Sanaki and Mist/Elincia. Haar can promote himself and is a good support,  Mia/Edward/Geoffrey are also good cards I think.. (Geoffrey is the last one I add.. I wasn't sure about this one because my strat don't turn around Elincia..)

So What do you think ?

I've found any deck needs at least a third of the deck as pure supports. This means unpromoted fliers and a few archers.

Having a 30 power lord is a huge risk, but it can work. I know someone using Sothe as lord, and so long as she promotes him as early as possible she is a strong opponent. However, as Sanaki (IIRC) never reaches at least 70 power, this might be a bad choice. Especially since it isn't at all uncommon to only have your lord on the field at any point of the game, and continuously retreating costs you turns.

If you want, I can take a closer look later. But I might not be enough of an expert in this field.

I don't know jack abot FE 0, but I play a lot of TCGs

distribue your cards so that way you can have draw consistency(i.e have 4 aether hubs in your deck), have the minimum number of cards in a deck so you are more likely to draw the cards you need

I just pulled this decklist off twitter just now as an example of how you can build Sanaki.

The reason this particular deck is running Blue is for late-game survival as Sanaki thrives off being a high-attacker in the late game to maintain a field of advantage.

In general, you don't want to be running a lot of 10 supports, as they hinder your progress of playing the game and unless they provide some kind of advantage, isn't useful at all in the long run.
For most cards, I would try and max out as many copies of that card so you can play multiple copies to make it easier to level-up those units with Sanaki / draw into them more.
Don't play more then 50-51 cards - You literally lose if you don't draw into your Sanaki promotion, and 58 cards makes it harder to do so.

Nephenee and Edward aren't much good targets with Sanaki because all they do is become big beatsticks to attack with, which doesn't help in general really - plus the fact of being 10 support hinders you more than it hinders the opponent.

Ike is good, but Kurthnaga does basically the same thing but better, a whole field wipe - and has a lower deployment cost.
Haar's Cost 1 is great because he can growth himself (for free basically) and he is also a flier at the same time, which is win-win when you want to maximise the amount of 30 supports in your deck.

If you have any more questions I'll feel free to answer, but I could whip up a Sanaki deck later.

I know about the number of character and the number of card in a game for the strat (50 -51) but I think in this card game, you draw very often with the CCS, and playing sanaki as lord, makes me draw again, I end my deck quickly.. thats why I try to put other characters and end to have 58 cards :D:

10 hours ago, TheVinceKnight said:
Nephenee and Edward aren't much good targets with Sanaki because all they do is become big beatsticks to attack with, which doesn't help in general really - plus the fact of being 10 support hinders you more than it hinders the opponent.

Ike is good, but Kurthnaga does basically the same thing but better, a whole field wipe - and has a lower deployment cost.

Maybe when the S9 with laguz extension will arrive kurthnaga will be a good choice, but i'm limited with 4 kurthnaga and i can have 10 Ike, the basic support destroy 2 orbs, and others are nice to play.. If i dont play others Laguz, i'm not sure about Kurthnaga.

About Edward, yes i'm not sure how usefull he is.. he is good but I put it because i think with sanaki he will be very good.. 

The strongest Nephenee benefit of Sanaki's skill because she gains 10atk for every card stacks under her during my turn

@whase "However, as Sanaki (IIRC) never reaches at least 70 power, this might be a bad choice"

If there are promoted cards on the field, she wins 10 atk for each of them. It's not bad. But yes my opponent can sweep my field.

Edited by Calyurso

The problem isn't drawing the cards during the game, it's drawing the cards in your opening hand. You have about 3 draws other than your opening hand to get your final promotion in your hand by turn 3. If you promote late you are at a significant disadvantage. CCing's units other than MC early game is not reliable unless your opponent runs no range: you'd have to put a base 40 in the backline and waste 2 of its attacks (unless you get lucky and support a flier's emblem on MC attack) or you have to have 3 copies of the same card already in hand to use as a dodge and to CC.